Orkin

Orkin United States Employee Reviews

Great Place to Work
Branch Manager (Current Employee), Milwaukee, WIFebruary 23, 2015
Pros: friendly small family run company
Cons: small company that was not able to weather the storm
Small company that was able to grow with internal leadership. Wonderful people to work with but company was not able to stay in business after September 11th. Times where hard for everyone and business was slow and the owner was not able to stay open.
The People Are Kind
Termite Re-Inspector (Former Employee), Baton Rouge, LAFebruary 11, 2015
Pros: people, coworkers freedom
Cons: managers
To Be Honest It Was A Great Place To Work The People Were Friendly And Customer Were For The Most Part Reasonable. Management Was The Worst Part Of The Job They Were Not Always Organized With Decision Making And Running The Business Coworkers Were Some Of The Coolest People Ive Worked With
Stay away
Route Manager (Former Employee), Bowling green kyFebruary 9, 2015
Cons: work for free, want you to be tech, and clerk
To little pay to much working for free, work 10+ hours a day drive more than anything, they run specials for 50 a month then once problem is gone can't get ahold of customer u spend all your time trying to herd cats it seems like
great customers to deal with
Route Manager (Former Employee), Naples, FLFebruary 2, 2015
It was fun working with customers and upselling products. had company truck and worked out of the house more then anything
seasonal
Inventory Clerk (Former Employee), Charlotte ncJanuary 31, 2015
Pros: lots of overtime when they are busy
Cons: work slow on fridays
great place to work, but when their not busy you lose lots of hours because they will send you home early. big workplace, a bit cluttered though
Reall poor company. Im disappointed that I took this job.
Branch Manager (Former Employee), Sacramento, CAJanuary 30, 2015
Pros: close to home
Cons: terriable manager, work ethic, environment, compensation. six day work week with no overtime.
Even with all my efforts to higher good, trainable people. It was actually the policy of the regional manager to maintain a high turn over rate. Ive always been sorry I took this job as I expected much more from a nationwide firm.
Very high turnover rate
Commericial Route Manager (Former Employee), Latham, NYJanuary 13, 2015
Pros: while working in the office the branch manager would pick up lunch, would always say thank you for doing a good job
Cons: a lot of work for a little money
I worked for orkin 2 different times. My first time around was real good with great people and managers. The 2nd time around not so good and i got hurt on the job and then after getting a clean bill of health was laid off due to no more work.
My typical day usually started between 4-5 am as i had to usually drive a minimum of 50 minutes to my first stop and finished my day about 4 pm. I learned the interior knowledge of Orkin's way as i did light duty for them in the office doing phones,paperwork, mail, filing and especially selling company plans and doing debt collections.
The management was always on hand and available. My co-workers were good hard working people.
The hardest part of my job at orkin was constantly having to scramble for materials as we were always out even though plenty of materials were ordered.
The most enjoyable part of my job was knowing i was done with my route early in the month every month with everyone serviced.
Good place..great managers..long hours
manager( Technician) (Former Employee), Orlando, FLJanuary 13, 2015
Pros: pay, benefits, managers
Cons: long hours
my experience with orkin, was good.Great bosses,training ect.Gained a great amount of pest control knowledge.pay was good,but long hours.If not for personal family problem,would still be terminating bugs for them.
Not bad, but not great for the customers
Termite Control Inspector (Current Employee), Gainesville, GAJanuary 11, 2015
I love the fact that I can be out on my own, helping customers with their needs and concerns. But don't fret, the company always requires the sell. If you're under $10,000 a month (in termite alone) the customers needs are out of the window and even if you have to "bogus" sell it, they will push to do so. Also job security feels weak Go home one day, work in one area, come in the next day, you got transferred. I don't know how often that happens, but it happened to me.
A place to learn the ups and downs of business.
Route Manager (Former Employee), Chatsworth, CAJanuary 4, 2015
You are trained to do the work they want you to do. To treat the customers the way they want you to treat them. You are paid 2 times a month and they make you pay for your truck and your uniforms. After being employed a few years and if they like you, you get a free pair of shoes.
Customer service, bookkeeping and interpersonal skills were improved
Bookkeeper/Office Manager (Former Employee), Chicago, ILDecember 31, 2014
Pros: very close to home. great bosses!
Cons: a few difficult co-workers.
Wow! This job was so long ago... Nearly 26 years since I left.

I did a lot of phone answering, was go between for sales reps, service techs and customers. Opening mail, posting payments, collection calls, and monthly closing of 14 routes were some of my main duties.

I worked with a some difficult co-workers, but rose above it and ultimately became the office manager.

The most enjoyable parts of this job were the interaction between co-workers in the various departments and the satisfaction of a job completed and done well.
Great Support System
Account Manager (Former Employee), Salem, NCDecember 16, 2014
Pros: sales incenetives, company events, company cars or vehicle allowances.
Cons: buy your own uniforms, micro managment
a typical day would consist of networking, research, prospecting and a ton of calls and visits.
I learned a better way of organization, and techniques to be more successful at my sales career.
the management team was always very supportive and helpfully when needed.
the hardest part of my job was being patient when chasing that new business.
my most enjoyable part of my job was always receiving the positive feed back from a happy satisfied customer and the pride felt knowing that you helped them in some way.
Place of Employment
New Customer Sales Representative (Current Employee), Covington, GADecember 16, 2014
Pros: the customers
Cons: insurance package
It was good getting commission added to your check every month. The people I worked with were good and I really enjoyed talking with the different people I encounter including the technicians. The hardest part of the job was the distance I had to drive every day.
Lack of diversity in upper management
Service Manager (Former Employee), Amherst, NYDecember 16, 2014
Pros: good pay
Cons: no diversity
Business needs to do a better job at recruiting minorities and creating a culture of inclusion. Job requires long hours and long drive times. The job requires all employees to service homes and businesses with all types of pest control needs.
Productive and upbeat environment
Customer Service / Call Center (Current Employee), Covington, GADecember 15, 2014
Since working at Orkin I learned a lot about working well with others.I would call it the Bee-Hive cause you only hear people busy talking to customers.
Orkin Route Manager
Route Manager (Current Employee), Saginaw, MIDecember 13, 2014
You work a lot of hours, pretty decent pay for it though.
Busy in summer slow in winter.
A Great Company that understands business!
Administrative Assistant (Current Employee), Covington, GANovember 20, 2014
Pros: great location, away from traffic
The job is fairly easy given that many task were completed on a daily, weekly, and monthly process. I've learned about the company overall and how our location adds to the bottom line. The call center environment can be a bit to digest considering the fact that it some time doesn't attract quality employees. Some of that is that is due to the wages and location. I find that the day to day operations of the company are a little antiquated but they have the potential to push beyond it. However I celebrate that the company has longevity and understands the world of business. The company believes in promoting from within and the use of referrals. Management at our location is luke warm due to some of the perpetual oppression which stem from a lack of change in upper management. However things are continually changing for positive results. Most of all I really enjoy the wonderful co-workers and appreciate the relationships that I've built. It is a company that I would recommend to anyone.
Technician
Service Technician (Current Employee), Dallas, TXNovember 19, 2014
Every month I have a certain amount of accounts or customers I need to service. And it's my job to schedule the stops to insure that each stop is competed by the end of the month. The best part of the job is the autonomy that comes with being on the road alone everyday. There is minimal micromanaging that occurs with this job which makes the management wonderful.

Each certain account has different applications that must be done to the property. Normal prevention methods to thorough clean-outs may be needed in different accounts.
Good job, just needed to make a little more money
Sales/Customer Support Technician (Current Employee), Chesterfield, MINovember 11, 2014
I really enjoyed working here, but I needed to make a little more money, that is why I moved to working for schwan's.
Demanding management and unsympathetic to life outside of the company. Non competitive pricing.
Commercial Services Account Manager (Former Employee), Elkridge, MDNovember 5, 2014
Pros: you make your own schedule for the most part
Cons: territories can be very large and prices aren't competitive
As a territory manager the work day can be quite long and grueling given the nature of the work. You will cover a vast territory and while on a visit you can be crawling around floors and in crawl spaces inspecting commercial facilities. The major issue is getting past the gatekeeper that will do everything in their power to keep you from talking to the decision maker. Not to mention that most places post no soliciting signs so the job can be tough. The company as a whole isn't a bad company to work for and there are opportunities for growth.

About Orkin

When Orkin calls, bugs go belly up. A subsidiary of Rollins, Orkin and its sister companies provide insect, rodent, and termite – Read more

Orkin Salaries