Orkin Employee Reviews

very productive work place. management is awesome !
sales representative (Current Employee) –  Covington, GAJuly 28, 2016
i take between 25-85 calls within the hours of 9am-6pm. excluding one hour lunch and two 15 minute breaks.
Certain times of the day and week have high call volumes.
management and co workers are easy to get along with.
The most enjoyable part of my day is signing new customers up for services and confidently reassuring then that Orkin can take care of the pest concerns
Pros
large break room, great schedules
Cons
short breaks, seasonal
looks good from a distance
Sales -Inspector (Former Employee) –  OhioDecember 23, 2015
This job looks good and job security is pretty good but they will find ways to short you in the paycheck. Don't give a 2 week notice if you are a commision sales person, they only pay commision on job done while you are there, so any jobs sold near end of your tenure will not be paid since it wasn't completed by your last day. Base commision on sliding scale where lowest level is barely a livable wage and if you have constant snow its tough to sell pest control. They exaggerate how much you will make in sales, since nobody makes any money until they work there for a while but they have a huge turnover in sales. 5 years is about all anybody last there except for the few who last 10 or more years
Pros
not much
Cons
micro manage from regional office loop-holes in pay structure to cut your check
Productive to work
PEST CONTROL TECHNICIAN (Current Employee) –  Miami, FloridaJune 2, 2015
Orkin has enabled me to meet a lot of people who I have come to care for while taking care of their pest control needs. I think that's the most enjoyable part of the job - putting a smile on my customers' face as I get the job done to their satisfaction.The hardest part is having to be in contact with a lot of chemicals. My coworkers are easy to get along with which provides a level of comfort. Management conducts weekly meetings to keep us up to date and they're always on hand to see to our needs. I have learnt how to manage my time - therefore increasing flexibility, how to deal with different personalities, patience, willingness and kindness.
Pros
flexibility
Cons
Healthcare, salary
Cya at all times
PC TECH (Current Employee) –  NCJune 25, 2015
Overall this company has too many layers. It is very difficult to move up within the company without sucking up to upper management. Service managers as well as branch managers do not want you to meet upper management in fear you may embarrass them or bring to their attention some of the issues that you or other techs are experiencing. Trust is a main issue with this company. Training is good if you are a quick learner. Co workers are great until they become managers. When they become managers the whole morale and personality changes along with it.
Pros
Maybe the benefits???
Cons
NO TRUST
Good & Stable Job with freedom.
Commercial Services (Former Employee) –  Maryville, TNAugust 1, 2016
Typical day would start at 8:00 AM & end at 5 or 6:00 PM. Lots of learning & training related to your job. Management is good. Co-workers are good. The hardest part would be having to set up all your appointments and managing unscheduled stops. The most enjoyable part of the job was the freedom of not having a boss watching over your shoulder.
Pros
Good Stable Job
Cons
Stress of having to meat goals & numbers.
Techs & salepersons were great to work with
administrative assistant (Former Employee) –  panama city, flOctober 10, 2015
Management, and office manager were only worried about getting bonuses. Training was spotty and incomplete. Set everyone up for failure.
Pros
great benefits
Cons
management lazy
Great company that gives and opportunity to employees to develop their skills.
Office Assistant (Former Employee) –  San Gabriel, CAJuly 7, 2016
Orkin is a great company to work for. Orkin gave me the opportunity to develop my skills, to grow with the company and opportunity to allow my self see that I was able to do more than what I though. I recommend this Company to those who are looking for a company who pays well, has great benefits and most importantly cares for their employees.
Pros
Healthcare
The good, the bad, and the ugly
Termite Sales Inspector (Former Employee) –  Carson, CAMarch 16, 2016
My experience at Orkin as a termite inspector was good overall. You spend a lot of time, 6-10 hours a day, at customers houses and interacting directly with your customers. You show up to work first thing in the morning for a meeting and then hit your first appointment. At the end of the day you are asked to go back into the office and complete a report for each home that you inspected. Once you go full commission, your livelihood is determined off of your ability to sell treatment plans to your customers.
Pros
very customer oriented.
Cons
little time to finish reports after being in the field all day every day.
Growth And Compensation
Route Manager/ Field Tech (Current Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVDecember 31, 2015
Orkin is a company that as an employee growth is near impossible. Promotion from within the company is stagnant and if you do pursue different positions within the company they send current employees through a more rigid process verse a person that highers in from the outside of the company. Orkin stresses to their Techs to show the value of the service to the customer back on their end they lack in showing the employees that they value them. Recently got a new branch manager that is leading the branch in the right direction but he is going to new more help to take the branch in the right direction that he is trying to take it. They do not reward employees for their hard work but only managment .
Pros
None present
Cons
Stagnant pay, tech is always at fault for everything
Awful management!
Termite Technician (Current Employee) –  West Columbia, SCSeptember 6, 2016
At this time I'm currently employed at Orkin and I'm actively seeking employment elsewhere. Very unpredictable hours. You'll work 13 hours one day and 6 the next. Insurance is the worst I've ever had and I worked retail most of my career. Management is clueless.
Pros
Good pay
Cons
Everything but good pay.
Enjoyed meeting new clients and taking care of there pest control needs.
Startup Technician. (Former Employee) –  Utah.July 5, 2016
Is a great company. enjoyed the new education i received. long hours and unfortunately was laid off after 1 year. Was called back to work for Orkin again in 3 months.
Pros
Great management.
Cons
Long hours, Hard schedule, with tuesdays and thursdays off.
Orkin Pest Control
Originally hired for Data Entry (Current Employee) –  Peoria, AZJuly 30, 2016
Inbound and outbound calls. Payment processing, book appointments. Frequent customers converse with support center like friends. Schedules frequently change.
Pros
ability to make up the 40hrs in a work week.
Cons
Management frequently changes shift hours
Hard to work all the time
Pest Control Technician (Former Employee) –  Aurora, COJuly 29, 2016
Like doing the work.. Good training..l
Summer very long hours . Could work to 7or 8 at night.
Work almost every Saturday till work done.
Was hard to get time off.
Pushed to skip lunches and no breaks
Pros
Co workers..
Cons
Long hours .. Worked every Saturday until job done
Good place to for, but lots of hours
Licensed Pesticide Technician (Former Employee) –  Portland, MESeptember 20, 2016
Customer service, safety is first. Inspection of homes and buildings,
providing pest control duties. Treating any pest problems, set traps, and treating with chemical. Company vehicle.
Was not for me
Branch Account Manager, Commercial Sales (Former Employee) –  Knoxville,TNAugust 25, 2015
This job was a great disappointment. Management was lackluster. Compensation was not what was presented to me at the beginning of my employment
Overworked and underpaid
Rt tech (Former Employee) –  Wichita, KSMay 29, 2016
Orkin wouldn't have been such a bad place to work if the expectations weren't so high. The mgmt never seemed to want to help out when it was needed. Long hours and very stressful at times. Just wasn't worth it.
Pros
You can set your own schedule
Cons
Long hours that didnt always match the pay
Great environment to work in
Pest Control Technician (Current Employee) –  Athens, GAAugust 27, 2016
I have learned many things in this industry. This company is a great one to work for and would recommend it for someone who isn't afraid of hard work.
Good Company
Sales Inspector (Former Employee) –  Doraville, GAAugust 26, 2016
Enjoyed working and interacting with customers. Enjoyed working with fellow employees. Enjoyed meeting new customers and making sure that all of their needs were met.
Very good company to work fo
Pest Control Specialist (Former Employee) –  Nashville, TNMarch 15, 2016
co-workers always provided a fun and supportive work place both in the office, and in the field.
Managers went above and beyond to help employees succeed iin their career.
Pros
above average pay
Cons
very little family time during peak season
Dont do it!
Pest Control Technician (Former Employee) –  Everett, WAJune 16, 2016
horrible place to work! work all day and being treated horrible till you come in the next day to the big boss freaking out
just dont do it. find somewhere else unless you are old. they just hate people in their 20s
Cons
horrible management

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Orkin. Our community is ready to answer.

2.9