Orkin

Commercial Account Manager (Current Employee), Bridgeville, PAOctober 29, 2014
Selling B2B for pest control services for commercial accounts
Great work Environment
Service Technician (Former Employee), Chesterfield, MIOctober 28, 2014
Pros: learning experience
Getting Information — Observing, receiving, and otherwise obtaining information from all relevant sources.

Communicating with Persons Outside Organization — Communicating with people outside the organization, representing the organization to customers, the public, government, and other external sources. This information can be exchanged in person, in writing, or by telephone or e-mail.

Performing for or Working Directly with the Public — Performing for people or dealing directly with the public. This includes serving customers in restaurants and stores, and receiving clients or guests.

Operating Vehicles, Mechanized Devices, or Equipment — Running, maneuvering, navigating, or driving vehicles or mechanized equipment, such as forklifts, passenger vehicles, aircraft, or water craft.

drive automobile, van, or light truck

Evaluating Information to Determine Compliance with Standards — Using relevant information and individual judgment to determine whether events or processes comply with laws, regulations, or standards.

Inspecting Equipment, Structures, or Material — Inspecting equipment, structures, or materials to identify the cause of errors or other problems or defects.

inspect premises or structure for evidence of deterioration or damage

Updating and Using Relevant Knowledge — Keeping up-to-date technically and applying new knowledge to your job.

use plant disease control techniques

Making Decisions and Solving Problems — Analyzing information and evaluating results to choose the best solution and solve problems.
no job security, and horrible managment
Service Technician/Mechanic (Former Employee), Sherman, TXOctober 23, 2014
bad place to work, not trustworthy, and wrongfully terminate you
Pest Control
Inbound Phone Sales/CSR (Current Employee), Covington, GAOctober 21, 2014
Sale customers services and products for pest control and provide customers feedback
Unhappy environment
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Reno, NVOctober 12, 2014
Pros: na
Cons: management
A typical day at work was like any other desk job that left you unfulfilled. I learned more computer skills.
The management was the worst part of the job. I never really saw my coworkers but when I did it was enjoyable to talk to them since I sat in an office alone all day.
The hardest part of the job was sitting behind a desk for nine hours a day. The most enjoyable part of the job was being trained by a girl from another branch who turned out to be my best friend.
Easy job to do.The branches have all control
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Covington, GAOctober 9, 2014
Easy job to do but not able to make any decision to help customers .The branches have all control. Decent pay... a lot of protocol to remember.
A great learning experience
CUSTOMER SERVICE SPECIALIST (Former Employee), Denver, CoOctober 6, 2014
The most enjoying part of working at Orkin was the people I got along with. I gained a lot knowledge pertaining to office tasks and minimum administrative skills that will benefit me in the long wrong.
Very productive
Office Administrative Specialist (Former Employee), Beaver, WVOctober 5, 2014
Pros: benefits and pay
I love going into my job at Orkin. We get our work done and yet it is a enjoyable place to work.
Lack of communication between too many managers and Account Managers
Account Manager/Sales (Former Employee), Southfield, MIOctober 5, 2014
Pros: helping people solve their problems and selling.
Cons: lack of communication, not enough accountability on service, losing sales due to managers not wanting to do a job even though company adverstises it, getting charge backs on sales due to service issues not sales
Loved working with people and the job was not the same every day. I like helping people solve problems with my knowledge of my job.
Awesome Job
Pest Control Start Technician (Former Employee), Vista, CAOctober 3, 2014
Pros: amazing pay and training
Cons: long hours
This was an amazing job. They pay for all training, uniforms, company car, continued education, and gas. This is one of those jobs where you have complete freedom to work and not be micromanaged. The pay is outstanding! If you are willing to work long hours, and get rewarded for that work, then this is the job for you. That is, as long as you don't have a problem with bugs and other household pests.
productive and fun work place
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Riverside, CASeptember 22, 2014
I enjoyed working at this company. I gained a lot of experience in this work field.
Productive and nice place to work
Pest Control Technician (Current Employee), Dublin, GASeptember 16, 2014
Pros: no over the shoulder supervising
Cons: hardly any social life
I have learned a lot about pest control. Co- workers have become extended family do to the fact you see them everyday. Growing to actually become friends with customers on route.
its ok.
Route Manager (Current Employee), Wichita, KSSeptember 14, 2014
Its a good place to work if you do not mind long hours and no life
Great place to work and have a career
Pest Control Technician (Former Employee), Winston-Salem, NCSeptember 8, 2014
Pros: the salary base on commision, the ability to manage your own route, meeting people
Cons: the long seasonal hours
A typical day was that everyone greeted each other every morning ready to go, inventorying the trucks for necessary chemical amounts before leaving out for the day, checking to see if anyone needed help during the course of the day also.At the ending of the day making sure that paper work was taking care of, also calling customers for the next day service.I learn that teamwork was the key component to being successful overall, to grow revenues for the business in this field of work, as well as a right attitude and commitment.
Management was excellent making sure that all bases were covered in making sure that we were as successful as we could be at our job with such things as OSHA training. Co-works were as solid and committed as I had ever experienced in my career as a pest controller and that was so important to me. The hardest part was dealing with a customer who refused to be satisfied after bending all the way over to please but yet the customer was always right. The part I enjoyed most was the fact that I could do something that I truly loved doing helping people with a problem.
Worked independently and responsible for what you have to do
Pest Control Route Manager (Former Employee), Fayetteville, NCSeptember 7, 2014
Pros: worked on your own
Cons: was not always appreciated for the things that you do
Take care of customers pest control needs. Enjoyed making customers feel better by controlling the pest they see and the ones they don't see.
Great Team Enviroment
Pest Control Technician (Former Employee), Chatsworth CaSeptember 2, 2014
Working at Orkin was a good working experience. They had a great team oriented experience. Everyone was always there for each other every one helped each other out
n/a
Route manager and technician (Current Employee), chicago, ilSeptember 1, 2014
Rather not say so lets leave it at that
Some good days and bad
Definitly a dirty job
Good benefits
Terrible place
Termite/Route Technician (Current Employee), champaign, ilAugust 28, 2014
Cons: terrible hours, bad management, pay not worth hours
This is a terrible place to work. Management has no clue what they are doing and believe they should not help their techs. The hours are ridiculous along with the amount of unpaid work you are expected to do. Their sales commission is bad and their expectation are way to high. For any customer who cancels, whether your fault or not, you will be reprimanded. They also will do unmoral and almost law breaking things to get what they want.
NO NOT WORK HERE
n/a
Route Manager (Current Employee), skokie illinoisAugust 27, 2014
Management had no consideration of employees personal life.
A typical day of work at Orkin.
Technician (Current Employee), Auburn Hills, MIAugust 23, 2014
Pros: you had one of the largest companies to represent with good pay.
Cons: you worked a lot of hours.
Arriving at the branch at 7:00 am to fill my B&G,Back-pack(Brichmeier) with water and any other items for the services needed for that day including also water for the mosquitoe sprays.We done monthlies,quarterly and every-other month services with tickets on the time of each of the services. The service for monthlies could be scheduled for only perimeter outside treatment of the structure of the house. The quarterly service is an inside treatment and outside perimeter treatment every 3 months. The every-other month is scheduled to do inside and outside every service. We called a lot of the services in advance to let the customer know the time we would do their service. We would do 15-20 services daily plus outside mosquitoe treatments 10 or more in the area you covered that day.

About Orkin

When Orkin calls, bugs go belly up. A subsidiary of Rollins, Orkin and its sister companies provide insect, rodent, and termite – Read more