Orkin

Orkin Employee Reviews

Ok place to work. Could be better and worse.
PC tech (Former Employee), Atlanta, GAMarch 25, 2015
Not the best nor worse place to be employed. Many things could be improved to make for a more productive work place. I didn't stay, so that speaks volumes.
Fun work experience
Route Technician (Former Employee), Saginaw MIMarch 22, 2015
Pros: you are on your own
Cons: scheduling conflict with time
Great for people to be out on their own and meet new people. Its the same job but not borrowing. Keep you on your toes, and very time you go to client home its a different problems with different solutions.
Fun working place
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee), Fredericksburg, VaMarch 22, 2015
Pros: great hours
Cons: manager was verbally abusive
In a typical day at work for Orkin I would take care of the tech's payroll, schedule service for the customers and schedule extra service for the customers on a as needed basis. Entered payments into the computer, ran end of month reports ordered supplies and entered service after service was completed by all tech's into the computers
productive
Pest Control Technician (Former Employee), Chatsworth CaMarch 21, 2015
Good company to work at theres a lot of work and experience and a lot to do in this company, management was good and the support was fenominal.
Stuck in a closet
Office Assistant (Former Employee), Birmingham, ALMarch 19, 2015
Pros: great employees
Cons: no team moral
Although I learned various administrative skills that I have carried with me since I left, the majority of my shift was stuck in a file closet. There were 20+ boxes of files that had to be sorted and stored alphabetticaly. I enjoyed not having someone standing over my shoulder at all times, but who wants to be in a closet 6 out of 8 hours a shift?
Profitable Company with great earning potential
Sales Representative (Current Employee), Covington, GAMarch 18, 2015
Orkin is a good company to work for. Great earning potential in Sales. I have been able to develop my communication skills and sales skills over the past 5 years working there. I have met really good people in my time with Orkin.
this was a great chance for advancement
Sales service , Service, Branch Manager (Former Employee), Lubbock, TXMarch 15, 2015
Pros: great benifits, on going training
Cons: advancement meant relocation
when I was hired I was giving the key to success if I was willing to work at it. I was very willing. I excelled to where I wanted be .
Well Managed high energy work place
Route Technician (Former Employee), Concord, CAMarch 15, 2015
Pros: good training program and lots of access to procedures and policies
Cons: not always having proper amount of time to deal with daily schedule and poorly scheduled time frames
You're never 100 percent sure how your day is going to go exactly, but you do have the ability to take control and make necessary changes with your own customers and management to prepare an efficient work schedule. Enjoyed working here, but just not something i could see myself making a career out of.
Pretty straightforward
Pest Control Route Manager (Current Employee), Lee's Summit, MOMarch 12, 2015
Pros: good supervisors
Cons: long hours during the summer months.
Orkin is a fairly well organized company.
The KCMO Branch located in Lee's Summit has good management. They are straightforward, honest and supportive of their employees.
Great Place to Work
Branch Manager (Current Employee), Milwaukee, WIFebruary 23, 2015
Pros: friendly small family run company
Cons: small company that was not able to weather the storm
Small company that was able to grow with internal leadership. Wonderful people to work with but company was not able to stay in business after September 11th. Times where hard for everyone and business was slow and the owner was not able to stay open.
The People Are Kind
Termite Re-Inspector (Former Employee), Baton Rouge, LAFebruary 11, 2015
Pros: people, coworkers freedom
Cons: managers
To Be Honest It Was A Great Place To Work The People Were Friendly And Customer Were For The Most Part Reasonable. Management Was The Worst Part Of The Job They Were Not Always Organized With Decision Making And Running The Business Coworkers Were Some Of The Coolest People Ive Worked With
Stay away
Route Manager (Former Employee), Bowling green kyFebruary 9, 2015
Cons: work for free, want you to be tech, and clerk
To little pay to much working for free, work 10+ hours a day drive more than anything, they run specials for 50 a month then once problem is gone can't get ahold of customer u spend all your time trying to herd cats it seems like
great customers to deal with
Route Manager (Former Employee), Naples, FLFebruary 2, 2015
It was fun working with customers and upselling products. had company truck and worked out of the house more then anything
seasonal
Inventory Clerk (Former Employee), Charlotte ncJanuary 31, 2015
Pros: lots of overtime when they are busy
Cons: work slow on fridays
great place to work, but when their not busy you lose lots of hours because they will send you home early. big workplace, a bit cluttered though
Reall poor company. Im disappointed that I took this job.
Branch Manager (Former Employee), Sacramento, CAJanuary 30, 2015
Pros: close to home
Cons: terriable manager, work ethic, environment, compensation. six day work week with no overtime.
Even with all my efforts to higher good, trainable people. It was actually the policy of the regional manager to maintain a high turn over rate. Ive always been sorry I took this job as I expected much more from a nationwide firm.
Very high turnover rate
Commericial Route Manager (Former Employee), Latham, NYJanuary 13, 2015
Pros: while working in the office the branch manager would pick up lunch, would always say thank you for doing a good job
Cons: a lot of work for a little money
I worked for orkin 2 different times. My first time around was real good with great people and managers. The 2nd time around not so good and i got hurt on the job and then after getting a clean bill of health was laid off due to no more work.
My typical day usually started between 4-5 am as i had to usually drive a minimum of 50 minutes to my first stop and finished my day about 4 pm. I learned the interior knowledge of Orkin's way as i did light duty for them in the office doing phones,paperwork, mail, filing and especially selling company plans and doing debt collections.
The management was always on hand and available. My co-workers were good hard working people.
The hardest part of my job at orkin was constantly having to scramble for materials as we were always out even though plenty of materials were ordered.
The most enjoyable part of my job was knowing i was done with my route early in the month every month with everyone serviced.
Good place..great managers..long hours
manager( Technician) (Former Employee), Orlando, FLJanuary 13, 2015
Pros: pay, benefits, managers
Cons: long hours
my experience with orkin, was good.Great bosses,training ect.Gained a great amount of pest control knowledge.pay was good,but long hours.If not for personal family problem,would still be terminating bugs for them.
Not bad, but not great for the customers
Termite Control Inspector (Current Employee), Gainesville, GAJanuary 11, 2015
I love the fact that I can be out on my own, helping customers with their needs and concerns. But don't fret, the company always requires the sell. If you're under $10,000 a month (in termite alone) the customers needs are out of the window and even if you have to "bogus" sell it, they will push to do so. Also job security feels weak Go home one day, work in one area, come in the next day, you got transferred. I don't know how often that happens, but it happened to me.
A place to learn the ups and downs of business.
Route Manager (Former Employee), Chatsworth, CAJanuary 4, 2015
You are trained to do the work they want you to do. To treat the customers the way they want you to treat them. You are paid 2 times a month and they make you pay for your truck and your uniforms. After being employed a few years and if they like you, you get a free pair of shoes.
Customer service, bookkeeping and interpersonal skills were improved
Bookkeeper/Office Manager (Former Employee), Chicago, ILDecember 31, 2014
Pros: very close to home. great bosses!
Cons: a few difficult co-workers.
Wow! This job was so long ago... Nearly 26 years since I left.

I did a lot of phone answering, was go between for sales reps, service techs and customers. Opening mail, posting payments, collection calls, and monthly closing of 14 routes were some of my main duties.

I worked with a some difficult co-workers, but rose above it and ultimately became the office manager.

The most enjoyable parts of this job were the interaction between co-workers in the various departments and the satisfaction of a job completed and done well.
Industry