Orkin Employee Reviews

Route Manager (Current Employee) –  FloridaApril 4, 2017
I have enjoyed my time working for Orkin. You have the autonomy to run your route without management breathing down your neck. Support is appropriate and immediate.
Pros
Mgmt support is phemomenal
Cons
Time off is problematic but not impossible.
Pest Control
Customer Service/Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Conyers, GAApril 3, 2017
We work as a Team, Management was involve in everthing we needed them to. Working with the Technicans was great, they were all respectably.We were able to celebrate birthdays.
Pros
Doing diffrent things with the company
Cons
being able to hire from with-in
Good company
Termite Technician (Former Employee) –  Jonesboro, ARApril 2, 2017
It's a good company but your gone a lot out of town. It's not for those with a family. I hardly spent anytime with my wife and son. It pays good though and has great benefits besides insurance. Insurance is extremely costly
Pros
Meeting new people
Cons
Insurance and time spent away from home
Waco Orkin
Inside Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Waco, TXMarch 29, 2017
I worked for the Orkin in Waco and the Branch manager I had was very good, the only draw back is the corporation decided to stop inside sales so therefore my position was eliminated. I enjoyed the staff, the sales and the incentives. I learned a lot about how to close sales and also did scheduling for the termite and pest control.
Pros
breakfast/lunch with Branch sales team
Cons
Saturdays cold calling
Good starting out job.
Account Receivable Specialist (Former Employee) –  Fife, WAMarch 28, 2017
Starting out, there are a lot of good people that work at Orkin. It's a good place if you are just starting out. If you are looking for advancement (moving up that ladder) it takes awhile.
Pretty Good
/Route Manager (Current Employee) –  Monroe, LAMarch 25, 2017
A typical day starts around 7. lots of knowlede about pest and their habits. Imediate management is great but their bosses not so much. The hardest part of the job scheduling services. The most enjoyable part of the job is flexiblity.
Pros
flexibility
Cons
scheduling, micro-management, never feeling appreciated by upper management
Good Place to work
Commercial Route Manager (Former Employee) –  GeorgiaMarch 24, 2017
Good place to work. Allows you to work around your personal needs. Overall good company to work for. I would recommend this job to others. Long hours, and few weekends off.
Pros
Freedom
Cons
Route size will get cut
Orkin is a good company once you get passed the nonsense
pest control technician (Current Employee) –  Albuquerque, NMMarch 23, 2017
learned a lot about bugs and how to use liquid pesticides. i also learned how to manage a route and keep things mostly locked down.
hardest part of the job is summer time. super busy call backs kill you, and the branch doesn't have the staff to cover your route if you get sick, nor will they until it gets close to the end of the month, so if you have to take off for something your work has pilled up when you get back. the only exception to this seems to be jury duty.
Pros
good pay, paid leave when you can take it. offer insurance.
Cons
pay system is insanely complicated. vehicle take home for a price, and you cant drive it anywhere but home and to work for that price.
Tread cautiously
Account Manager (Former Employee) –  Charleston, SCMarch 20, 2017
Top salesman company wide for almost two years and was terminated without just cause based on a customer vs. my word situation. Big sales budgets every month, lack of manpower to not only take care of current customer base from a sales perspective, but also lack of manpower to get the sales production work completed, which is the basis for how I get paid. Terribly long hours many days, mandatory Saturdays worked and with no additional pay, etc.
Would not recommend working for this company based on my particular end of employment ending just last week.
Pros
Benefits, Vehicle, Incentives when offered for performance
Cons
No control over income vs. sales, acute micromanagement from direct supervisor(s), long hours, zero opportunity for advancement other than a Branch Manager Trainee position, with a pay decrease vs. my earnings
Hard to have a life
Route Manager (Former Employee) –  Wichita, KS 67211March 9, 2017
The local branch in great. You won't find a better branch manager than the Wichita location, and the office admin are very friendly. The over all job will tear you down. This company is VERY numbers driven, you will probably work 10 to 12 hour days five days a week, and you'll work some Saturdays. The pay is based on production so you can make really good money, but you will work all the time. If you don't have a family, or you have no friends then this is definitely the job for you.
Pros
Good pay
Cons
Little personal time
No comment
Service Manager (Former Employee) –  Waukegan, ILMarch 8, 2017
As mentioned before all comments pertaining to my work experience with this company will be shared in a different venue where privacy pertains to all parties.
Understanding managament
Route Technician (Former Employee) –  Hingham, MAMarch 8, 2017
Work long hours (around 10-12 per day).
They teach about pests, chemicals, and get you licensed.
Management can be friendly but expect a lot.
Work alone mostly, job can be very easy and very difficult.
Absolutely no room for advancement.
Pros
Freedom
Cons
Long hours, no room for advancement
I love my job
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  New JerseyFebruary 13, 2017
It has been a long time since Ive loved a job. Company valued their employees and there is always room to advance. I love my hours and love that I can work overtime as well.
fun job with good pay.
Pest Control Technician (Former Employee) –  Utica, NYFebruary 11, 2017
Great company to work for.If you like helping people and getting dirty in the process then this job is for you. Good starting pay with plenty of overtime. Summers are rough with 10 to 14 hour days.
Pros
good pay
Cons
work to much 70 plus hrs.
Great company
Branch Manager (Former Employee) –  Hayward, CAFebruary 11, 2017
Very rewarding, great training programs for both technicians and managers. Great benefits and rewards programs. Great bonus program. Long working hours. Mon - Fri
ok
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Poca, WVFebruary 9, 2017
if you were part of the branch managers clique you had it made. Gave termite leads to his favorite pest techs to boost their pay at the expense of sales people
Pros
good benefits
Cons
poor management
I truly enjoyed working here
Technician (Former Employee) –  Queensbury, NYFebruary 9, 2017
Management was fun, relaxed but never not serious about their jobs. Great guys to work for, from the bottom all the way to the top - well rounded individuals. I did not enjoy being around pesticides daily, however. I eventually started feeling the effects of these pesticides even with all safety precautions in place.
Pros
Good Money, Lots of Hours, Good Work
Cons
You either work and have no life - or you quit and find another job to have a life.
Need to knows to succeed
Route Manager (Former Employee) –  Portland, ORFebruary 7, 2017
Route management is a difficult career, but as long as you understand that if you succeed in pest management, you will become more efficient. Allotting time frames for your customers and knowing what to look for and how to talk with the customer to make them your partner in each of your routes to success will spell a very lucrative job with Orkin pest control.
Pros
You manage your day, free vehicle use
Cons
Route management inexperience can make things difficult
self motivated job with poor communication between techs and management
Route Manager (Former Employee) –  Wilsonville, ORFebruary 2, 2017
Good pay when there are bugs to slay, slows down during winter. Fun work environment, but poor management. Was pressured into providing service to customers with a foot of snow around their house when they had no issues and preferred service another day. This would make things uncomfortable between me and my customers I had been seeing every month for over a year, but management did not have a care about my personal safety or customers preference, just MONEY.
Pros
Salary, Independent work
Cons
Management, Hours
Great management and advancement opportunities
Sales Inspector (Former Employee) –  Cedar Rapids, IAFebruary 1, 2017
The training is the best part of this job. I enjoyed meeting customers and building relationships. Management was excellent and I developed relationships with all coworkers and superiors.
Pros
Own car, training, advancement opportunities, benefits
Cons
pay, hours

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Orkin. Our community is ready to answer.