Orlando Health Employee Reviews

okay place to work
Financial Counselor (Current Employee) –  Orlando, FLMarch 9, 2016
I work in the Business department. Overall an okay place to work. Benefits are great and you get discounts in a lot of places. Pay is not that great for the work responsibility and the work load we have. Collection goals are not really realistic. Always seem to be short staffed and over worked. Turn over rate is thru the Not a good flow everyone always seems to be stressed and not on the same page. At times I find my position doing clinical work when having no proper training in clinical. With a job tittle of "Finical Counselor" you would think you would actually "counsel" people not try to collect money from them. It seems all management cares about is collections not some much the quality of your work. The overall department seems to be unorganized the people who have been here a while seem depressed and overworked and the new hires already want out. Not a bad place to work if you fell comfortable asking sick people to pay their copay while they are drugged up and in pain....
Pros
good benifits discount in alot a places
Cons
short breaks, low pay, overworked, around sick people
ORMC is a ggod company but needs some changes
Medical Technologist II, Hematology Specialist (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLJanuary 3, 2016
Poor opportunities of advancement
Great culture to work
Needs to incorporate Lean system for better management of resources and staff
Great work environment
RN Staff Nurse (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLFebruary 7, 2016
A decade has passed and I've loved working for this organization, benefits are great, staff is more like family. My only concern would be that of the lack of transparency between upper level management and their colleagues.
Pros
Great team work
Cons
Lacks transparency
A healthy atmosphere to work and be productive
Rehabilitation Aide (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLSeptember 10, 2016
A great work atmosphere where co-workers are always friendly and helpful when need to be. As a rehab aide, I was able to manage my own time that followed daily work duties set by my supervisor. The hardest part of the job was catering to all of the physical therapists' needs which is usually supported by a fellow rehab aide. The company helped team members as much as possible, however, there were indifferences that were unjust. But the company as a whole is still growing and catering to their employees in the best way possible.
great place to work
Exercise Specialist (Current Employee) –  Orlando, FLAugust 24, 2016
I have hands on experience through interning and volunteer services. I volunteered for the East Carolina University Women's basketball team as a practice player. During the practices we went through different drills and plays to help the athletes develop better skill and awareness. I also helped work with the East Carolina Club boxing team. This form of training helped develop more mental and physical toughness. I would say two milestones that I had in my life were interning at Athletes performance center and RHFIT Pro. At these two locations I worked with athletes at various levels, from peewee up to Gold medalist. RHFIT Pro is the place I definitely pay homage to. Here is where I developed a more sense of accountability, awareness, the coaching eye, discipline, structure, commitment, consistency which all helped improve my confidence as a professional. I am still learning today and vow to always learn. I do not hold any certifications but am in the process of prepping for my CSCS. I have bachelors in Health Fitness and Masters in Sports and health Sciences. I have a passion for fitness and performance and strive for greatness.
Very rewarding job
Financial Counselor II (Current Employee) –  Orlando, FLJuly 19, 2016
On a typical day I meet with new Cancer patients and explain their insurance benefits. I answer patient billing questions and complaints. Investigate claims that have been denied by insurance company. The best part of my job is when I am able to find financial assistance for patients that do not have the means to pay.
Pros
Patient Interaction
Cons
seeing Sick patients
Patient focused hospital group
Temporary IT Contracts Specialist (Current Employee) –  Orlando, FLMarch 28, 2016
I enjoy working here and especially appreciate the Program Management team that I am a part of, and the legal and other employees that I work with.
Friendly workers, and great customers
Team Leader (Current Employee) –  Orlando, FLApril 24, 2016
I come in at 2:30, and I head straight to work. I have to gather all of my supplies, and make sure all of my co-workers are all here and are prepared for their shift. Managers and co-workers communicate and show respect to one another. The hardest part of the job is trying to keep everything under control when other employees call out from work. The most enjoyable part of the job is seeing everyone go home with a smile on their face.
Respectful and friendly employees
Registered Nurse (Current Employee) –  Orlando, FLAugust 1, 2016
Great place to work but you may find yourself stuck on the clinical ladder if you rely solely on experience. Need to have certifications and degrees to go up on the clinical ladder.
Pros
FRIENDLY AND RESPECTFUL STAFF
Cons
CLINICAL LADDER NEEDSIMPROVEMENT
Supportive Employer; Productive and fun place to work because of excellent staff
RN (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLJuly 4, 2016
13 years with Orlando Health is such a great experience. I learned a lot and made me a better and competent nurse. I enjoyed working with different people from different cultural backgrounds.
Pros
Free Classes and Certifications
Cons
No overtime
good place to work
RN Clinical nurse III (Current Employee) –  Orlando, FL 32806August 10, 2016
Co workers are like family. Job was very fast paced. so you needed to be on your toes. Did a lot of patient teaching. Doctors were great to work with. Always learned something new everyday. Management was always available for help
Pros
co workers
Cons
food to expensive
Great Place to Work
HR Specialist (Current Employee) –  Orlando, FLJuly 27, 2016
Orlando Health is an amazing place to work. It is an organization that really takes care not only of its patients, but is team members! I love the culture and the abundant opportunities it has to offer.
Pros
abundant opportunities - large organization
Spontaneous Environment
Staff Nurse-Emergency (Current Employee) –  Orlando, FLJuly 5, 2016
Emergency Department afforded one to be able to hone skills such as critical thinking, flexibility, ability to manage chaotic, life threatening situations. Naturally, excelling in these areas builds self confidence.
Pros
Spontaneity
Cons
Stress
Productive and great place to work in with occasional free lunches
Front Office Assistant (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLAugust 15, 2015
Great place to work in.
Great culture.
Management will support you.
Room for advancement.
Appreciates your work performance and accomplishments.
Pros
No micromanaging
Cons
Lack of management involvement
Lot of work.
grievances to Administrator (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLJune 26, 2016
This hospital is unfair. When applying for better position never get it. They want you to work hard but no recognition. Didn't like employees
talking about each other. Would had love if they were better with their employees.
Benefits
Cons
hours
They worst place I worked
Medical Attending (Former Employee) –  Clermont, FLMarch 11, 2016
Never seen something like this. Your medical opinion does not count. If someone has a friend in the administration, that someone runs the show (even if wrong).

They never tell you the truth in your face, you have to be guessing hat the adminstration thinks.

Smiling in your face, stabbing in your back
Pros
Excellent benefit package, the best I have seen
Cons
You can not treat patients thinking than everyone could be your enemy
Great Place to work
LICENSE PRACTICAL NURSE (Current Employee) –  Orlando, FLJuly 28, 2016
Good people that love their patients and work really hard to ensure the patients get great care. They also work very hard to make sure their nurses are well trained and do their job correctly.
Keep away from Management!!!
rn (Former Employee) –  rehab, surgeryJanuary 12, 2016
Basically at this company Management is allowed to do and say whatever they like. Such as if you do not like it here the elevator doors are not locked and this attitude from management continued no matter what dept. I went to!
Pros
None no longer there!!!
Cons
Management is allowed to do whaterver they want!!! Nasty Nasty
awesome place
Telecommunications Support (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLFebruary 15, 2016
awesome people to work with pay is depending on your exp. work politics can take a toll. keep your friends close but your enemies closer
Pros
great team
Cons
work politics
helpfull enviroment
Unit Secretary (Current Employee) –  Orlando, FLJuly 9, 2016
Great job helping others who are in need. great benefits. leadership and rapid response team. growth and leadership opportunities
Pros
benefits the hours
Cons
amount made an hour

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Orlando Health. Our community is ready to answer.