Orlando Magic Employee Reviews

Good learning experience
Retail Supervisor/Manager (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLAugust 31, 2015
On a typical game day, I would arrive around 9 AM and begin setting stores for the evening. I would make sure they were clean, stocked, and merchandised properly. Once this was complete, the management team would review goals for the evening with me and my colleagues. During the game I would do anything from ensuring the productivity of game night staff to dealing with customer complaints and providing customer service. At the end of the night it was my responsibility that the money earned over the course of the game was counted and logged properly.
Great Place to work
Systems Analyst (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLAugust 26, 2015
Great place to work.I really enjoyed my time working there. Great people great benefits, awesome work environment.I would recommend it to anyone.
happy and fun
Premium Guest (Current Employee) –  Orlando, FLJune 21, 2015
this is a great company that appreciates its employees and has great leadership team to lead this company I look forward to coming to work
Great people but low paying
Client Services Specialist (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLApril 19, 2015
Enjoyed the people, but not much ability to make money. Despite being in account management/sales, no bonuses were offered and was already a low paying job.
Productive and Fun Atmosphere
Flight Crew (Current Employee) –  Orlando, FLJanuary 28, 2015
A typical day of work is getting everything ready for game day. Every game is different on what in game promotions and contest are going on. Then a meeting with the whole staff and managers to review the entire pre game, game, and post game responsibilties. Once the game starts we could all have different responsibilities and tasks for that game. Co-workers and management keep in contact and work very well together throughout the entire event. Once the game is over we have a post game meeting to go over the entire event and notes if there could be any improvements for the next game. The hardest part of my job is dealing with problems as they arise, every day is different and you don't exactly know what is in store for you. Things can be planned out for exactly what is suppose to happen but that isn't always the way things happen. The most enjoyable part of my job is making fans have a legendary experience to remember that game for a long time and making them want to come back.
Getting to me meet alot of celebritys
VIP CSR (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLJanuary 14, 2015
Perform various roles of greeter, concierge and guest services, assist in pre-event and post-event needs, deliver legendary service and build strong relationships with premium customers
Provided legendary service to over 2000 VIPs a night
Resolved any special requests from the founders and presidential suites owners
Developed and maintained relationships with suite owners to maximize renewals
Assisted managers in pre-planning and execution of arena events
Pros
get to attend every event held in the amway for free
Cons
not enough hours or health benefits provided
Great people and great compensation!
Broadcast Technology Services Technician (Current Employee) –  Orlando, FLJuly 19, 2014
I began working in the Broadcast Technology Services department in August 2010, helping to open the Amway Center. The pay is great, the people are great, and I really enjoy it. The only downside is that as a part-time employee, you pretty much have to have another job.

Anyway, it's a great gig if you can get it!
Pros
competitive pay, great people, competent management
Cons
hard to get a full time gig in my department.
fun and games
Network Administrator (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLJuly 9, 2014
It's a fun place to work. Especially if you are into sports. However, many people who work there are lifers. it makes promotions in certain departments very difficult or impossible.
Pros
time off
Cons
supporting events during season is hectic
I was fortunate enough to be a part of this project which touched so many people.
Multiple Positions (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLMay 17, 2014
I built long lasting relationships with many of my premium clients. There are many that still contact me today, even though I am no longer working for the company.
great atmosphere!
Premium Guest Representative (Current Employee) –  Orlando, FLMay 1, 2014
I really enjoy working for Orlando Magic. The event staff managers are great to work for and the employees are always happy to be there.
Pros
entertaining

Want to know more about Orlando Magic?

Ask a question
Enjoyed it
Regional Advance Scout (Former Employee) –  OrlandoApril 23, 2014
Very professional
Nice people
Enjoyed the work
Good people
Uplifting Workplace
Premium Services Guest Representative (Current Employee) –  Orlando, FLDecember 12, 2013
Work begins and ends with a smile as we create a legendary experience for our guests. Outstanding customer service and an appreciation for those customers set us apart from many companies that take it for granted. Management is very encouraging and is available to assist with any questions or concerns that may arise throughout the course of the day. Everyone is on the same team and this makes communication seamless as we all expect the best effort from everyone and no one is afraid to ask a question if they are unsure of something. The hardest part of the job is staying positive when a customer is barreling down on you for something you have no control over. It presents a challenge, but getting those customers to walk away with a smile and knowing I did the best I could to remedy the situation and improve their experience is very rewarding. The most enjoyable part of the job is seeing guests go home with a smile on their faces and knowing they enjoyed a legendary experience that I was a part of.
Pros
great workplace environment and team chemistry
Cons
seasonal work
Fun job with lots of benefits
Castle Crew (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLDecember 11, 2013
My job was to have fun and spread it around to the customers around me. Management is laid back as long as you follow the rules and do your job. With flexible hours, great coworkers, and good pay anyone would be lucky to work for the Orlando Magic.
Pros
great benefits
Cons
not a lot of hours because you can only home games.
Court maintenance
Street Team (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLJune 20, 2013
I worked part time maintaining the basketball courts for Orlando Magic for their youth programs. I attended college part time during this job.
Premium Services (Current Employee) –  Orlando, FLJanuary 30, 2013
I enjoy working there. It is a great staff and great management. I enjoy interacting with all the fans.
Great organization with better co-workers
TEAM SHOP/RETAIL OPERATIONS MANAGER (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLMay 29, 2012
In the 5 1/2 years I was with the Orlando Magic, I could only say I had a phenominal experience. They helped me develop into a better employee, co-worker and manager, in my time there, and I can only feel rewarded for that experience. They have quality upper management who helps you along the way and is there to develop their employees into even better staff members.
Pros
benefits, salary/compensation, work environment, learning
Cons
long and odd hours, nba influence
Fun workplace inside the world of NBA basketball, communications
Broadcast Producer/Intern (Current Employee) –  Orlando, Fla.May 17, 2012
• Edit, write stories to be published to Magic Radio’s Facebook and Twitter accounts.
• Produce and voice halftime feature packages and highlight reels for in-game playback
• Player/coach interviews during morning practice and shootarounds
• Upload media to the official website of the Orlando Magic, orlandomagic.com
• Provided on-air sideline reports during the Magic vs. Atlanta Hawks game (04/13/2012)
Dynamic and fast paced enviroment with strong family values
Community Programs Specialist (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLMarch 17, 2012
Great company to work for with excellent benefits and compensation packages.

Opportunity to work hands on all aspects of professional sports business.
Pros
fun, exciting team building opportunites
Cons
long work hours, holidays

4.4