Orlando Magic

Orlando Magic Employer Reviews

fun and games
Network Administrator (Former Employee), Orlando, FLJuly 9, 2014
Pros: time off
Cons: supporting events during season is hectic
It's a fun place to work. Especially if you are into sports. However, many people who work there are lifers. it makes promotions in certain departments very difficult or impossible.
I was fortunate enough to be a part of this project which touched so many people.
Multiple Positions (Former Employee), Orlando, FLMay 17, 2014
I built long lasting relationships with many of my premium clients. There are many that still contact me today, even though I am no longer working for the company.
great atmosphere!
Premium Guest Representative (Current Employee), Orlando, FLMay 1, 2014
Pros: entertaining
I really enjoy working for Orlando Magic. The event staff managers are great to work for and the employees are always happy to be there.
Enjoyed it
Regional Advance Scout (Former Employee), OrlandoApril 23, 2014
Very professional
Nice people
Enjoyed the work
Good people
Uplifting Workplace
Premium Services Guest Representative (Current Employee), Orlando, FLDecember 12, 2013
Pros: great workplace environment and team chemistry
Cons: seasonal work
Work begins and ends with a smile as we create a legendary experience for our guests. Outstanding customer service and an appreciation for those customers set us apart from many companies that take it for granted. Management is very encouraging and is available to assist with any questions or concerns that may arise throughout the course of the day. – more... Everyone is on the same team and this makes communication seamless as we all expect the best effort from everyone and no one is afraid to ask a question if they are unsure of something. The hardest part of the job is staying positive when a customer is barreling down on you for something you have no control over. It presents a challenge, but getting those customers to walk away with a smile and knowing I did the best I could to remedy the situation and improve their experience is very rewarding. The most enjoyable part of the job is seeing guests go home with a smile on their faces and knowing they enjoyed a legendary experience that I was a part of. – less
Fun job with lots of benefits
Castle Crew (Former Employee), Orlando, FLDecember 11, 2013
Pros: great benefits
Cons: not a lot of hours because you can only home games.
My job was to have fun and spread it around to the customers around me. Management is laid back as long as you follow the rules and do your job. With flexible hours, great coworkers, and good pay anyone would be lucky to work for the Orlando Magic.
Court maintenance
Street Team (Former Employee), Orlando, FLJune 20, 2013
I worked part time maintaining the basketball courts for Orlando Magic for their youth programs. I attended college part time during this job.
Premium Services (Current Employee), Orlando, FLJanuary 30, 2013
I enjoy working there. It is a great staff and great management. I enjoy interacting with all the fans.
Great organization with better co-workers
TEAM SHOP/RETAIL OPERATIONS MANAGER (Former Employee), Orlando, FLMay 29, 2012
Pros: benefits, salary/compensation, work environment, learning
Cons: long and odd hours, nba influence
In the 5 1/2 years I was with the Orlando Magic, I could only say I had a phenominal experience. They helped me develop into a better employee, co-worker and manager, in my time there, and I can only feel rewarded for that experience. They have quality upper management who helps you along the way and is there to develop their employees into even better – more... staff members. – less
Fun workplace inside the world of NBA basketball, communications
Broadcast Producer/Intern (Current Employee), Orlando, Fla.May 17, 2012
• Edit, write stories to be published to Magic Radio’s Facebook and Twitter accounts.
• Produce and voice halftime feature packages and highlight reels for in-game playback
• Player/coach interviews during morning practice and shootarounds
• Upload media to the official website of the Orlando Magic, orlandomagic.com
• Provided on-air sideline reports – more... during the Magic vs. Atlanta Hawks game (04/13/2012) – less
Dynamic and fast paced enviroment with strong family values
Community Programs Specialist (Former Employee), Orlando, FLMarch 17, 2012
Pros: fun, exciting team building opportunites
Cons: long work hours, holidays
Great company to work for with excellent benefits and compensation packages.

Opportunity to work hands on all aspects of professional sports business.

About Orlando Magic

This organization hopes to work a little voodoo on the basketball court. The Orlando Magic is a professional basketball franchise – Read more