Orlando Magic Employee Reviews

Great company subject to the rigors of the professional sports world
Director of International Scouting (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLNovember 7, 2017
Great place to work in a very cut throat business. To expand on this review without breaching a confidentiality agreement would be dangerous..

iudfhierhvieruhveisuchveivuhivuhsicvuhsricvuuhivuerhvicuhviudciuciwuciwuchisudchwiuchwiucxwiucxhwicuhweicuhwicuhweicuhwsicuwicuwicuwicuhwiuehwiueiufwiufhweiufwieufhhwiufehweiufhweiufhwieufhwiufhweiufhewiufhweifuhweifuhweifuhwieufhweisufhweifuhwrrifuherifuhrwifuhwrifuhrrfiuwhrfiuhsrifuhrsifuhsrifuhsrifuhrifuhriufhiruhfeirufheirufheirufheirufheirsufhiruhui
Pros
Many
Cons
Work subject to the success of the team
Fun workplace
TICKET SALES REPRENSATIVE (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLSeptember 20, 2017
A typical workday included; making calls, setting up tours, and closing sales. We would also get to attend games and meet with clients at the games. It was a fun work environment with many goals and competition to hit those goals.
Some Great People
SCOUTING COORDINATOR (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLSeptember 15, 2017
There are a lot of great people that work for the Magic, but the vision and mission does not fit what the organization is meant to do. The Magic was great at giving back to the community, something extremely important given their unique standing in the world. Unfortunately, the agenda does not always lend itself to advancement and opportunity.
Pros
Climate of Orlando
Cons
Underpaid
Great people and a good environment for change
Youth Basketball Sales/Service Manager (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLSeptember 5, 2017
Whether things were working or not, there was always change. I made some great contacts and grew professionally and personally. You bond with everyone doing the grind with you. It required a lot of hours, some thankless, some thanked. The best part of the job was the people you work with on a day to day basis.
Pros
cool events, growth opportunites
Cons
Hours, constant chaging in business focus, dehumanized leadership for such a 'small' workforce
Work hard, play less
Associate (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLAugust 29, 2017
Organization is great in general, but the work/life balance is zilch. If you're okay with working more than having personal time, it's a good place to work.
Pros
Post season hours, coworkers are friendly, employee appreciation
Cons
Long hours, work after hours, leadership, micromanagement, lots of red tape, slow to change
show host and Producer for all (Current Employee) –  Orlando, FLAugust 27, 2017
overall the Orlando Magic possesses a solid work environment and allows their employees to succeed in their current roles. Management values your time and your family and it shows.
Fun and exhilarating place to work with great people
Premium Guest Service Rep (Current Employee) –  Orlando, FLJuly 7, 2017
Checking tickets and directing guest to their sections. Maintaining suites to make sure it is above standard. Working with co-workers to resolve any problems that might arise. Exciting place to work with a variety of events. Learned to solve issues in an efficient and effective way. Seeing the fans enjoyment from being at the Amway Center.
Pros
Employee Party, merchandise discounts, working around entertainment
Awesome!
Grassroots Marketing & Premium Services (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLJune 29, 2017
Amazing team and group of individuals!.
The staff is truly and tight-knit team collaborating towards achieving a unified goal!

By far one of my favorite work experiences to date!
Great enviornment
IT Consultant(REF) (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLJune 21, 2017
The day to day in this company is typically routine but management tries to keep you in great spirit. Game days are hectic in the beginning of the season with new hires but after a couple of games the process is smooth.
Pros
Great co workers
Best job ever!
Retail Representative (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLJune 6, 2017
Best job to have but not as a career! Meet some awesome customers, awesome workers and great management. Pay is great for the work that you do. Most of the time your having fun working and sometimes even watching the game!
Great Environment
Broadcast Assistant (Current Employee) –  Orlando, FLJune 1, 2017
This place truly is Magical. The staff is very nice and willing to help at every turn. Once I started working here everyone worked with me in the broadcast department took the time to bring me up to speed on how things operated.
Pros
Family
Empowering staff members
Roaming Expert Fan Support (Current Employee) –  Orlando, FLMarch 19, 2017
The purpose is to provide legendary experiences for the Orlando Magic community, and that is reflected in day-to-day operations. Guest experience is the utmost priority. The business strategy team not only looks to grow the business, but empower other departments to become more efficient in their duties.
Ticket Sales Representative
Ticket Sales Representative (Current Employee) –  Orlando, FLJanuary 31, 2017
Lots of sales incentives, competitions, and outings. Like any other sports position hours can get a little crazy. Not much advancement because everyone loves the company so much.
Its a fun place to work.
ball boy (Current Employee) –  amwayJanuary 29, 2017
I assist the players with practice before the game. I learned how to multitask at a more efficient rate. Management is great I love my manager. The workplace is great its like a family working here. The hardest part of the job has to be not loving the job. The most enjoyable part of the job has to be being able to work with the players from around the country
Pros
Free lunches
Cons
Not any
Incredible staff and leadership
Client Services Intern (Current Employee) –  Orlando, FLApril 13, 2016
The experience I have had with the Orlando Magic has surpassed all of my expectations. They have an unbelievable staff in place that pride themselves on continuing to grow themselves as professionals as well as set up other members of the team for success.
Great Place
Head REFS (Current Employee) –  Orlando, FLMarch 21, 2016
Great Organization, I love their values and their motto is to provide legendary service. They take care of their staff and encourages growth within the organization.
Enjoyed everyday
Special Assistant to Head Coach (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLMarch 16, 2016
Serving the Basketball Operations department allowed for daily opportunity to live, learn and contribute to the well being and drive of coaches, professional athletes and staff.
Great work place
Event Manager (Current Employee) –  Orlando, FLOctober 14, 2015
The Orlando Magic is a great Company. it is clean work environment. You get to meet people from all walks of life. you get to deliver customer service at a high level.
Pros
Pro Sports team
Cons
Seasonal work
Good learning experience
Retail Supervisor/Manager (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLAugust 31, 2015
On a typical game day, I would arrive around 9 AM and begin setting stores for the evening. I would make sure they were clean, stocked, and merchandised properly. Once this was complete, the management team would review goals for the evening with me and my colleagues. During the game I would do anything from ensuring the productivity of game night staff to dealing with customer complaints and providing customer service. At the end of the night it was my responsibility that the money earned over the course of the game was counted and logged properly.
Great Place to work
Systems Analyst (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLAugust 26, 2015
Great place to work.I really enjoyed my time working there. Great people great benefits, awesome work environment.I would recommend it to anyone.