Orlando Regional Medical Center

Orlando Regional Medical Center Employee Reviews

Very fun work place
Transporter (Former Employee), Orlando, FLJune 15, 2015
Pros: Helping people and the healthcare
Cons: The elevators shut down a lot
Typical day would be going in having a huddle on how great and productive we are going to be, how we are going to do and be our best for patients and fellow coworkers.. I learned a lot from the many people I met work at the hospital. The most enjoyable part working there was truthfully talking to the patients and helping them be comfortable until they went home.
FUN WORK ENVIRONMENT
Cashier (Former Employee), Orlando, FLMay 26, 2015
Pros: GETTING EVERTHING HALF OFF.
Cons: NO BREAKROOM
ALWAYS HAD A GREAT DAY AT WORK. I LEARNED A GREAT DEAL OF FOOD PRODUCTION. THE MANAGEMENT DID THEIR JOBS OUTSTANDING.MY CO- WORKERS WERE ALWAY FRIENDLY AND WILLING TO GO ABOVE AND BEYOND THEIR DUTIES.
Good place for Patients
Coding Analyst (Current Employee), Orlando, FLMay 22, 2015
Pros: I love my hours 6:00AM - 2:30PM, PTO hours for vacations and such which we earn each month.
Cons: No time for breaks which is fine with me but our lunch is now 30 minutes was 1 hour, We are also required to clock in and out for lunch as well as arrival and end of day, This is new and easy to forget, Not alot of opportunity to advance
I attended and completed a medical coding class. I run reports, analyze, prepare and send Excel spread sheets to management indicating which accounts are missing documentation or have other issues. I now know what comprises an accurate medical chart and can now raise issues to management for resolution/guidance. These reports are all deadline oriented so you must have them analyzed, prepared and – more... must be accurate on-time and distributed. This can be a challenge with difficult charts. Co-workers are awesome, all work so hard and I am proud of all of their accomplishments. The most enjoyable part of the job is problem solving. I love researching, analyzing and solving problems. Also, being able to leave in the evening knowing I accomplished what was expected of me. I turned to the medical field as an alternative to keep myself financially stable and paid my own way through school. I miss the computer field, as that is my first love. I love the challenges. Although I have desperately been attempting to reenter that field, it is a challenge. I have also learned that I am capable of much, a survivor and can accomplish any task if given the opportunity. I have worked my whole life (since I was 16) and I cannot imagine not getting up in the morning without a goal for the day. – less
Inspirational
Transporter (Former Employee), Orlando, FLMay 20, 2015
Pros: Awesome staff
Cons: Managment of my department was always changing.
Although I had to resign due to family emergency during my year and a half working at ORMC I was able to learn a lot about healthcare. I was able to understand patients and there needs and able to help nurses when needed.
Customer Service
Financial Counselor I ER (Former Employee), Orlando, FLMarch 19, 2015
Pros: i love what i do
Cons: the hours i worked were not good
Verified insurance, third party liability companies, spoke to patients regarding their insurance, what options were available to them.
productive and I like to stay busy, time going fast.
Environmental Worker (Current Employee), Orlando, FLFebruary 2, 2015
Fun days, responsible, work with time.
I Can work in a team or by myself, I like to get along with everyone.
In my actual work I know what I have to do so is fine, but talking
in general words the hard part for me is work pressure when the
job is physical, doesn't matter but when is using the mind for example with the computer or doing something with concentration I don't like the pressure, but I have to do it.

When I help people, I feel great.
Loveing Facility
Care Partner/Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee), Orlando, FLJanuary 10, 2015
Pros: the residence
Cons: n/a
I truly miss the residence and the entire team I worked with. Everyone was more than willing to help. Everyone worked and treated each other with love and respect.
Great people that i worked with in the office
Unit Secretary (Former Employee), Orlando, FLSeptember 29, 2014
Pros: great people who i worked with in the office, great hours and days, holidays off and paid for
Cons: got laid off because they were loosing business and couldnt afford another secretary
Came in each morning set up where each and every field tech was going to go, dispatched to them where they were going and what for, when they were done with that job they called into me with a payment invoice # and a brief description of what they did. After that dispatched them there next call and so on. Answered all incoming calls wither it was previous customers calling with a complaint, had to handle that in a professional way, new customers needing service, took all their information down and made sure I got a field tech to them within 2hrs because that was our company rule. Filed invoices, input data onto run sheet, keep track of all employees time cards.
ORHS including ORMC Arnold Palmer, Sand Lake and South Lake
RN (Former Employee), Orlando FloridaSeptember 12, 2014
Pros: close staff
Cons: no shift differential, uniforms, intercity hospital with poor security
12 hours shifts with every other weekend with many department still having a scheduling supervisor so not much control over your schedule.

Management tries but upper management is out of touch with nursing No shift differential, poor employee parking, limp security back up and still required to wear uniform color of scrubs

Doctors are the best, easy to work with, helpful, and knowledgeable.

Many in town still consider ORMC a "county" hospital. It is a private not for profit hospital but because of the "county" lable is very busy with homelass and non insured patients Trauma special hospital.

Nursing staff works hard and very well together. Most of your support on shift and off is with your co workers.
Seems alright
SPT Intern (Former Employee), Orlando, FLAugust 21, 2014
Pros: local discounts
I was only there temporarily so it's hard to tell. It is well equipped to treat a variety of patients though, so it is an interesting place to work.
fast-paced environment
Worked Lab Client Services Rep (Former Employee), Orlando, FLAugust 5, 2014
Great learning experience. worked both sides of the laboratory (lab clients services, and medical technologist) and both were very enjoyable experiences.
Love, Love, Love
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee), Orlando, FLJuly 31, 2014
Pros: fun place to work
Cons: terrible pay/benefits
Great managers
tons of room for growth
great hours
short commute
Very good work environment
Patient Transporter (Former Employee), Orlando, FLJuly 17, 2014
i enjoyed seeing the smiles on patients faces after each transport because of the care showed to them.
Outstanding work environment
Guest Greeter (volunteer) (Former Employee), Orlando, FLJune 22, 2014
Pros: awesome staff
Awsome people to work with, I also help with guest needs and directions when they needed. Best volunteer experience.
Clinical Support Pool
Registered Nurse, Float Pool (Former Employee), Orlando, FLJune 17, 2014
Pros: flexibility, compensation, met the needs of family at the time
Cons: inconsistent shift availablity, inability to advance leadership opportunities
*Perform nursing care on various nursing units with staffing deficits as necessary.
*Manage team of 4-6 patients depending on the nursing unit supporting.
*Maintain cardiac competencies to be able to assist all nursing units except ICU and ED.
*Learned care and assessment for trauma patients that suffered burns, multiple fractures, emergent surgery to determine internal repair injuries suffered from various trauma situations.
* Care for patients, maintain safe nursing care, include family in plan of care and care of patient as patient desired.
great place to work .I love working with the elderly
Home Health Aide (Former Employee), Orlando, FLMay 28, 2014
Took care of the elderly you could choose which cases you wanted to work.
Busy ER
Emergency Room, Clinical Technician (Former Employee), Orlando, FLMay 15, 2014
A busy ER proved an interesting way to learn and prepare for PA school.
productive with discounts
Laundry Department Lead (Former Employee), Orlando, FLApril 25, 2014
Pros: discounts
Great co-workers. Daily production. Great company.
Excellent central location.
GREAT PLACE TO WORK
lab tech (Former Employee), orlandoApril 7, 2014
I would like to work there again, I hope I can go back and work as an rn
excellent
Imaging Services Manager (Current Employee), OrlandoMarch 6, 2014
Pros: great family oriented company
Cons: restructure
During the past 10 years I have been extremely fortunate to work within an organization that has experienced much change. I have developed a relationship of mutual trust and respect amongst my current team, peers, administration, and physicians.
In my role as Radiology manager my responsibilities include, but are not limited to the following:
• Daily Operations
• Customer Service
• Physician Relations – more...
• Vendor Relations
• Process Improvement
• Team Building
• Fiscal Responsibility
• Strategic Planning
• Business Planning
• Partnership with IT for Radiology Systems planning, implementation, and maintenance
In addition to my current experience, I have several years of experience within the hospital setting that further qualify me for this position. Please consider the following:
• Fifteen years of recent management experience in roles of Operations Manager and Director.
• Thirty-four years of devoted professional experience as a radiographer, educator, and leader.
• Demonstrated initiative, good interpersonal skills, and collaborative working relationships with others.
• Lean Six Sigma Green Belt
• Graduate with MHA in 8/2014

There is a great colaborative environment between ancillary and nursing teams. I was honored to work with such a respectful and like minded team.
The most difficult part of the job were the recent restructuring and job eliminations that were necessary.
I enjoyed the day to day operations, rounding on patients, interactions with my teams, and the radiologist relationships. – less

1 2 3