Orlando Regional Medical Center Employee Reviews

Only worked Monday through Thursday
Security Officer (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLNovember 15, 2017
Good place to work, friendly atmosphere, but low pay, and long hours. With being a Security Officer you always stayed pretty busy right up till the last minute of your shift.
Pros
Parking
Cons
Travel time to and from work place. No holiday pay.
Love being a advocate for those in need.
Food Service Attendant (Current Employee) –  Orlando, FLNovember 12, 2017
The very best thing about working for Orlando Health is there is never a dull moment. There are days when things are easy going and then there are days where helping a patient becomes very rewarding! I have a good relationship with all my supervisors and managers which makes it easy to do my job. There are obstacles that are challenging at times which entails getting close to a patient and finding that they passed away!
Pros
Good Benefits
Cons
Not given proper tools to do your job.
Fun Workplace
Charge Nurse, Neuro ICU (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLOctober 4, 2017
In spite of caring for very, sick group of patients all of the staff were very friendly, professional, team oriented. I gained a lot of good clinical experience working here.
Pros
Teamwork
Cons
Long hours standing, usually worked through meals, break time
A place with opportunities
Corporate Patient Experience Intern (Current Employee) –  Orlando, FLOctober 1, 2017
Everyone who works at Orlando Health are extremely nice and very helpful. They train their employees very well. Managers are very humble and nice to their team members.
Awesome environment
Float Pool RN (Former Employee) –  Float pool RNSeptember 20, 2017
Awesome place to work, I work at ORMC to be close with my sick mother and these people became family.
They were so caring. Lots of good policies plus management was willing to roll up their sleeves and help
Pros
Good environment
Cons
Great place to work, felt very appreciated and an asset to patient care.
Medical Transcriptionist (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLSeptember 20, 2017
Worked in hospital for 14 years and from home for 6 years. Left due to relocation out of state. Management was great and felt I was a valued employee.
Pros
Good working environment in hospital, later able to work from home. Good benefits and pay.
Cons
None.
Ok place to work
Transporter/Dispatcher (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLSeptember 12, 2017
Ok place to work. It can be fun depending on you work with. They really do need help with their management. It was one of the reasons that I left in the first place.
Challenging job.
Working Supervisor medical/radiology departments (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLSeptember 8, 2017
I worked for this hospital many years ago. Many years after leaving the medical transcriptionists were outsourced. I am unable to comment on other departments of the hospital.
Pros
Radiologists appreciative. Great manager.
Cons
Nasty medical records manager. Mostly poor medical transcriptionists with lots of infighting.
low morale
Financial Counselor (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLSeptember 4, 2017
Management was very poor. Orlando Health is a good place to work but the Patient Access Department needs a management overhaul. My experience was that management was not trustworthy.
Pros
co-worker support
Cons
management
Fast paced and productive place of employment
PCT II (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLSeptember 4, 2017
Fast paced and productive place of employment but definitely need to continue with education or you will not advance. Employees and patients treated fairly.

Want to know more about Orlando Regional Medical Center?

Ask a question
It was a fun, Fast paced enviroment, and constant enjoyment by helping others in need
Nursing Assistant (Current Employee) –  Orlando, FLSeptember 3, 2017
I learned a lot working in the PACU I learned to do ECGs, Vitals, blood draws, Trauma care and Pt. Care. I learned about team work and learning to care for the Patient both physically and emotionally. The Workplace culture is friendly and caring. The hardest Part of the job is Having to watch Patients in pain and suffering while they are sick. Typical day starts with prepping the patient for surgery weather it is shaving them, taking vitals, putting on SCD's or TED house. Making sure you do everything for that patient before they go back and have surgery.
Pros
Helping people, Learning everything about the medical field
Cons
Long hours, and Short Breaks
Wonderful
HIM Analyst 1 (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLSeptember 2, 2017
This was a great job, I loved the position and my co workers.
Everyone was friendly and professional. I made many life long friends.
I was on the late shift and if ever there was a problem I know i could call my manager and get support.
Pros
Great position
Cons
It was not home
Good for Some
Staff Nurse (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLAugust 28, 2017
Good for needed experience. Though if you are not in the in crowd no chance for advancement. Low pay for what they ask, but inline with low pay in FL.
Pros
dont eat young
Stressful
Unit Secretary (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLAugust 18, 2017
Very busy Pediatric Unit is where I worked, Arnold Palmer Hospital is a part of Orlando Regional Medical Center. As a Unit Secretary and backup time keeper​.
Nursing Student
Nursing Student (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLJuly 24, 2017
My experience as a nursing student at Orlando Regional Medical Center was amazing. I had clinical rotations in Winnie Palmer, Arnold Palmer, Dr. P. Philips, and ORMC.
The most enjoyable position I've ever had working at a level one trauma center
Manager, Surgical Sterile Core/SPD (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLJuly 20, 2017
Developed, implemented and managed a 24/7 sterile core operations in support of surgical patients, surgeons, and operating room staff for a 19 room level one trauma center. Overall responsibility for all aspects of the surgical supply and case cart processes, surgical instrumentation, and sterilization delivery processes. Additional responsibilities include all aspects of human resource management duties for a staff of 27 personnel with departmental supply and operational budgetary compliance.
Pros
Working with surgeons on difficult trauma cases
Cons
Salaries were low for the area
Fun place to work, lots of family fun days
Patient Care Technician (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLJuly 10, 2017
Lovely place to work learned quite a lot about the medical field, great, family friendly, lots of recognition awards for years of services rendered.
Excellent healthcare facility
Transportation & Equipment Specialist, Dispatcher (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLJune 19, 2017
I worked at ORMC for 2 and a half years and I loved it. I worked with great people, I saw and learned so many things, and they took good care of me. Everyday could be a fresh start with patient interactions or you could run in to frequent visitors and pick up where you left off. A hospital has to run on team participation. No one can help a patient from start to finish. When I ask a patient if they have been taken care of, the answer is almost always yes. The employees respect the patients, take care of their needs, and follow through afterwards.
good work environment
Volunteer (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLJune 19, 2017
I worked closely with the nurses, and they were all very nice and worked very hard. I assisted them with things they may need and it all worked out well. The nurse manager was also great.
interesting place to work
Rapid Response Nurse (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLJune 18, 2017
rounded on patient on a daily basis, provided care to patients, transfer of patients to icu. hardest part it was new program and change in management was hard to get time off