Orlando Regional Medical Center Employee Reviews

working with the people make me happy
Floor Tech (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLJanuary 17, 2016
Stripping and waxing hallways, cleaning the bathrooms. And shinning the floors that was my typical days, and everyday I clean out the needle boxes. I would get the red boxes and trash out of the patients rooms
Cons
Short breack
great place to work
Pharmacy Technician/ Pharmacy Tech Intern (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLJanuary 14, 2016
great and encouraging staff
hands on manager
changes are always for the better and input is valued
staff always goes over and beyond
training is also not as bad if you can get the same schedule with the same person that trained you first
growth is always an option
scheduler always works with you when you need time off have emergencies or need to swap shifts
Pros
lunch, encouraging staff, hands on management, opportunity for growth
Busy environment
Registered Nurse-Charge Nurse-Preceptor (Current Employee) –  Orlando, FLSeptember 21, 2015
I enjoyed working with my co-workers. We work on a very busy floor interacting with patients, families, physicians, and other members of the interdisciplinary team.
Pros
Pay time off
Cons
short breaks
not realie
Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLAugust 31, 2015
atypical day patient care get patient reddy for transport to room i learn alot management was excelent coworker wasvery good hardest part is when some one is sad
Promoted a Patient First Climate
Physical Therapist Assistant (Current Employee) –  Orlando, FLJuly 21, 2015
I typically work 8-9 hours a day, Monday-Friday. I also have to work one weekend a month along with the normal week. I loved working with my co-workers, both Rehab staff and the nursing staff on the orthopedic floor. When I first started at ORMC I learned to apply plaster casts to various body parts under the direction of a orthopedic technician, unfortunately, this job was then given to the resident physicians. The hardest part of my job at times was time management, trying to coordinate working with patients with the nursing schedule. The most enjoyable part of my job was working with patients and my co-workers, both Rehab and nursing.
Pros
education reimbursement
Cons
short breaks
Great Experience
Licensed Practical Nurse (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLJuly 20, 2015
All my acute nursing skills came from working in the PACU and O.R. a great place for a nurse to work and gain knowledgeable care.
Pros
learn a wealth of experience
Excellent
Third Shift Lead (Former Employee) –  Orlando FLJune 30, 2015
Excellent place to work. Great benefits. Consistent communication between managers and staff. Friendly team environment. Challenging high pace trauma center with new learning experiences.
Very fun work place
Transporter (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLJune 15, 2015
Typical day would be going in having a huddle on how great and productive we are going to be, how we are going to do and be our best for patients and fellow coworkers.. I learned a lot from the many people I met work at the hospital. The most enjoyable part working there was truthfully talking to the patients and helping them be comfortable until they went home.
Pros
Helping people and the healthcare
Cons
The elevators shut down a lot
FUN WORK ENVIRONMENT
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLMay 26, 2015
ALWAYS HAD A GREAT DAY AT WORK. I LEARNED A GREAT DEAL OF FOOD PRODUCTION. THE MANAGEMENT DID THEIR JOBS OUTSTANDING.MY CO- WORKERS WERE ALWAY FRIENDLY AND WILLING TO GO ABOVE AND BEYOND THEIR DUTIES.
Pros
GETTING EVERTHING HALF OFF.
Cons
NO BREAKROOM
Good place for Patients
Coding Analyst (Current Employee) –  Orlando, FLMay 22, 2015
I attended and completed a medical coding class. I run reports, analyze, prepare and send Excel spread sheets to management indicating which accounts are missing documentation or have other issues. I now know what comprises an accurate medical chart and can now raise issues to management for resolution/guidance. These reports are all deadline oriented so you must have them analyzed, prepared and must be accurate on-time and distributed. This can be a challenge with difficult charts. Co-workers are awesome, all work so hard and I am proud of all of their accomplishments. The most enjoyable part of the job is problem solving. I love researching, analyzing and solving problems. Also, being able to leave in the evening knowing I accomplished what was expected of me. I turned to the medical field as an alternative to keep myself financially stable and paid my own way through school. I miss the computer field, as that is my first love. I love the challenges. Although I have desperately been attempting to reenter that field, it is a challenge. I have also learned that I am capable of much, a survivor and can accomplish any task if given the opportunity. I have worked my whole life (since I was 16) and I cannot imagine not getting up in the morning without a goal for the day.
Pros
I love my hours 6:00AM - 2:30PM, PTO hours for vacations and such which we earn each month.
Cons
No time for breaks which is fine with me but our lunch is now 30 minutes was 1 hour, We are also required to clock in and out for lunch as well as arrival and end of day, This is new and easy to forget, Not alot of opportunity to advance
Inspirational
Transporter (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLMay 20, 2015
Although I had to resign due to family emergency during my year and a half working at ORMC I was able to learn a lot about healthcare. I was able to understand patients and there needs and able to help nurses when needed.
Pros
Awesome staff
Cons
Managment of my department was always changing.
Customer Service
Financial Counselor I ER (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLMarch 19, 2015
Verified insurance, third party liability companies, spoke to patients regarding their insurance, what options were available to them.
Pros
i love what i do
Cons
the hours i worked were not good
productive and I like to stay busy, time going fast.
Environmental Worker (Current Employee) –  Orlando, FLFebruary 2, 2015
Fun days, responsible, work with time.
I Can work in a team or by myself, I like to get along with everyone.
In my actual work I know what I have to do so is fine, but talking
in general words the hard part for me is work pressure when the
job is physical, doesn't matter but when is using the mind for example with the computer or doing something with concentration I don't like the pressure, but I have to do it.

When I help people, I feel great.
Loveing Facility
Care Partner/Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLJanuary 10, 2015
I truly miss the residence and the entire team I worked with. Everyone was more than willing to help. Everyone worked and treated each other with love and respect.
Pros
the residence
Cons
n/a
Great people that i worked with in the office
Unit Secretary (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLSeptember 29, 2014
Came in each morning set up where each and every field tech was going to go, dispatched to them where they were going and what for, when they were done with that job they called into me with a payment invoice # and a brief description of what they did. After that dispatched them there next call and so on. Answered all incoming calls wither it was previous customers calling with a complaint, had to handle that in a professional way, new customers needing service, took all their information down and made sure I got a field tech to them within 2hrs because that was our company rule. Filed invoices, input data onto run sheet, keep track of all employees time cards.
Pros
great people who i worked with in the office, great hours and days, holidays off and paid for
Cons
got laid off because they were loosing business and couldnt afford another secretary
ORHS including ORMC Arnold Palmer, Sand Lake and South Lake
RN (Former Employee) –  Orlando FloridaSeptember 12, 2014
12 hours shifts with every other weekend with many department still having a scheduling supervisor so not much control over your schedule.

Management tries but upper management is out of touch with nursing No shift differential, poor employee parking, limp security back up and still required to wear uniform color of scrubs

Doctors are the best, easy to work with, helpful, and knowledgeable.

Many in town still consider ORMC a "county" hospital. It is a private not for profit hospital but because of the "county" lable is very busy with homelass and non insured patients Trauma special hospital.

Nursing staff works hard and very well together. Most of your support on shift and off is with your co workers.
Pros
close staff
Cons
no shift differential, uniforms, intercity hospital with poor security
Seems alright
SPT Intern (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLAugust 21, 2014
I was only there temporarily so it's hard to tell. It is well equipped to treat a variety of patients though, so it is an interesting place to work.
Pros
local discounts
fast-paced environment
Worked Lab Client Services Rep (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLAugust 5, 2014
Great learning experience. worked both sides of the laboratory (lab clients services, and medical technologist) and both were very enjoyable experiences.
Love, Love, Love
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLJuly 31, 2014
Great managers
tons of room for growth
great hours
short commute
Pros
fun place to work
Cons
terrible pay/benefits
Very good work environment
Patient Transporter (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLJuly 17, 2014
i enjoyed seeing the smiles on patients faces after each transport because of the care showed to them.

4.3