Orlando Regional Medical Center Employee Reviews

Great pay, great opportunity for professional advancement, great benefits.
Registered Nurse Med/Surg/Tele (FL) (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLOctober 3, 2016
I like their pay rate, they provide great opportunity for professional advancement, great compensation and benefits, great job security, leaders and managers are nice to work with. Great job culture.
General
Registered Nurse (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLDecember 12, 2016
Medical Oncology was a good working experience since that was my last encounter. The management was attentive,good staff support and doctors that would help and teach about the disease process and outcomes.Good company for advancement.
Pros
excellent work place.
Cons
none.
stressfull
Medical charge entry/Float Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLDecember 11, 2016
Management constantly changes, the salary not so good, organization need to be improved.
Great place to learn and get experience.
With the right leaders and management it can be a great place to work.
Pros
good benefits
Cons
far from home
Same as my previous review.
Administrative Assistant-Medical Records (Current Employee) –  Orlando, FLDecember 11, 2016
I worked in this department for 5 months and moved on to another position in the hospital. I don't remember too much about this position, other than I was not cut out for all the administrative work they required nor the work load. No back up support. Was offered another position in the same hospital, of which I have been at for 29 years.
Pros
Good benefits
Cons
Poor organization in department
Great work Place with even greater people
Food & Nutrition Porter (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLMay 27, 2016
ORMC is a great place to work. there are great and sociable people there and its diverse in culture. though the workload may be heavy at times there's never a shortage of hands to help if needed.
Pros
great pay, great benefits, great people, easy access along transportation routes.
Cons
sick patients get away from nurses and cause a possible health risk
fun working environment
Financial Analyst (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLAugust 18, 2016
orlando Health was a great place to work, there was always room for advancement, the hours were perfect, good incentives for meeting productivity, After 6 months you can transfer to different departments.
Pros
great meals
Cons
no cons
Orlando Regional Medical Center
Surgical Technologist/Endoscopy Technician (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLDecember 27, 2016
● Prepare suites and travel carts per endoscopic procedures
● Assist doctors during procedures
● Clean and disinfect scopes and/or other endoscopic instruments
● Precept new hires
● Outpatient surgery (breast biopsies, mastectomies, breast augmentation, port placement)
Proud to have been part of the ORMC team.
Registered Nurse II (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLDecember 30, 2016
Hired as a GN after my college practicum, before passing NCLEX! Received a solid foundation in bedside nursing and critical care along with many other things. Learned so much. Highly trained staff, amazing co-workers, and team work!
Orlando Regional was a great place to work.
Florida Cardiology Specialist (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLApril 6, 2016
I work in a Pre-op and Pac-u unit. A typical day I arrived at work at 5am ready for start my shift.I was assign to shaving open-heart patient and patient that was having heart cath.Since I work in this unit I learned a lot.Me and my co-workers work hard and establish a great working relationship.Some of my patient having fear about surgery.
Pros
We got recognized by our patient for doing a great job.
Cons
No cons
Good place to learn
Certified Orthotist (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLSeptember 10, 2016
busy place to work at , always learning something that related to orthopedics. good working environment and the co-workers were
always there to give support if needed
Pros
good work enviroment
Cons
tough schedule and odd hours
RN (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLJanuary 20, 2016
Great training and everyone was willing to help at all times including management. Additionally, the hospital was very patient centered and was very caring to all including the staff. Management was always there to help in situations of confusion and when you had a questions. Scheduling was very flexible. The only con was that there was alot of call that was included in the job due to the specialty of care needed for trauma patients.
Pros
Management was always there and helpful.
Cons
Too much call.
great place to work
Pharmacy Technician/ Pharmacy Tech Intern (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLJanuary 14, 2016
great and encouraging staff
hands on manager
changes are always for the better and input is valued
staff always goes over and beyond
training is also not as bad if you can get the same schedule with the same person that trained you first
growth is always an option
scheduler always works with you when you need time off have emergencies or need to swap shifts
Pros
lunch, encouraging staff, hands on management, opportunity for growth
Registered Nurse and provided total care (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLMarch 3, 2016
Worked as a Registered Nurse and provided total care for up to 4 patients in a critical care setting. Skills included managing PEG tube feedings, chest tubes, administering TPN, administering blood products, monitoring patients on cardiac drips (e.g. diltiazem), knowledge of interpreting EKG rhythm strips, etc. Primary patients included those admitted with chest pain, pneumonia, anemia, diabetes, CHF, MRSA, VRE, etc. Completed timely assessments per Practice Guidelines including physiological, psychological, developmental, sociocultural, spiritual and life-style factors, including signs of abuse or neglect. Made appropriate decisions and interventions and nursing diagnosis according to patients’ actual or potential health conditions or needs.
Life changing experience
Financial Counselor (Former Employee) –  Emergency DepartmentJanuary 19, 2014
Yes,it's place to get experience about real life out in the community. The ER doesn't lie about the types of people out there. You see is what you get....as it's still in the process of building the hospital. It's still being re-constructed for more than 3 years now.

Pay is less than other hospitals in Central Florida.
Pros
Insurance benefits, easy access or resources to medical help
Cons
No job advancement, corporate politics, rude patients
Very rewarding place to work
Patient Sitter/Feeder, Unit Secretary (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLJune 15, 2012
A typical day on the job would be assisting patients with daily tasks and answering phones and assisting staff with anything they may need. Management was very fair and understanding of my going to school. My co-workers were great, helpful, team players. The hardest part of my job was seeing patients in pain and not being able to help, but the most rewarding part is knowing you helped somebody get better and watching them go home to their family.
Pros
health care benefits
Cons
parking was really far away
Everday learning experience.
Registered Nurse (Current Employee) –  Orlando, FLJuly 23, 2013
My career thus far has been everything I've imagined. I love my unit, and my co-workers I wouldn't change for anything. We are hardworking, dedicated, compassionate individuals that all appreciate our work. The hardest part of the job is having rough overwhelming days but at he end of the day my co-workers help out in any way that they can to make the day go by a little bit easier.
Pros
Great benefits, free education courses
Cons
short lunch breaks
Promoted a Patient First Climate
Physical Therapist Assistant (Current Employee) –  Orlando, FLJuly 21, 2015
I typically work 8-9 hours a day, Monday-Friday. I also have to work one weekend a month along with the normal week. I loved working with my co-workers, both Rehab staff and the nursing staff on the orthopedic floor. When I first started at ORMC I learned to apply plaster casts to various body parts under the direction of a orthopedic technician, unfortunately, this job was then given to the resident physicians. The hardest part of my job at times was time management, trying to coordinate working with patients with the nursing schedule. The most enjoyable part of my job was working with patients and my co-workers, both Rehab and nursing.
Pros
education reimbursement
Cons
short breaks
Very productive and fun
Transporter (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLApril 20, 2016
As a Transporter you clock in get a page to pick up a patient and you do so you get to speak to you other coworkers and learn new things very great job.
Pros
Free lunches, you can eat inside or outside and great healthcare
Cons
some of the Doctors can be very rude
Good place for Patients
Coding Analyst (Current Employee) –  Orlando, FLMay 22, 2015
I attended and completed a medical coding class. I run reports, analyze, prepare and send Excel spread sheets to management indicating which accounts are missing documentation or have other issues. I now know what comprises an accurate medical chart and can now raise issues to management for resolution/guidance. These reports are all deadline oriented so you must have them analyzed, prepared and must be accurate on-time and distributed. This can be a challenge with difficult charts. Co-workers are awesome, all work so hard and I am proud of all of their accomplishments. The most enjoyable part of the job is problem solving. I love researching, analyzing and solving problems. Also, being able to leave in the evening knowing I accomplished what was expected of me. I turned to the medical field as an alternative to keep myself financially stable and paid my own way through school. I miss the computer field, as that is my first love. I love the challenges. Although I have desperately been attempting to reenter that field, it is a challenge. I have also learned that I am capable of much, a survivor and can accomplish any task if given the opportunity. I have worked my whole life (since I was 16) and I cannot imagine not getting up in the morning without a goal for the day.
Pros
I love my hours 6:00AM - 2:30PM, PTO hours for vacations and such which we earn each month.
Cons
No time for breaks which is fine with me but our lunch is now 30 minutes was 1 hour, We are also required to clock in and out for lunch as well as arrival and end of day, This is new and easy to forget, Not alot of opportunity to advance
ORHS including ORMC Arnold Palmer, Sand Lake and South Lake
RN (Former Employee) –  Orlando FloridaSeptember 12, 2014
12 hours shifts with every other weekend with many department still having a scheduling supervisor so not much control over your schedule.

Management tries but upper management is out of touch with nursing No shift differential, poor employee parking, limp security back up and still required to wear uniform color of scrubs

Doctors are the best, easy to work with, helpful, and knowledgeable.

Many in town still consider ORMC a "county" hospital. It is a private not for profit hospital but because of the "county" lable is very busy with homelass and non insured patients Trauma special hospital.

Nursing staff works hard and very well together. Most of your support on shift and off is with your co workers.
Pros
close staff
Cons
no shift differential, uniforms, intercity hospital with poor security

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Orlando Regional Medical Center. Our community is ready to answer.

4.3