Orlando Regional Medical Center

Orlando Regional Medical Center Employer Reviews

Outstanding work environment
Guest Greeter (volunteer) (Former Employee), Orlando, FLJune 22, 2014
Pros: awesome staff
Awsome people to work with, I also help with guest needs and directions when they needed. Best volunteer experience.
Clinical Support Pool
Registered Nurse, Float Pool (Former Employee), Orlando, FLJune 17, 2014
Pros: flexibility, compensation, met the needs of family at the time
Cons: inconsistent shift availablity, inability to advance leadership opportunities
*Perform nursing care on various nursing units with staffing deficits as necessary.
*Manage team of 4-6 patients depending on the nursing unit supporting.
*Maintain cardiac competencies to be able to assist all nursing units except ICU and ED.
*Learned care and assessment for trauma patients that suffered burns, multiple fractures, emergent surgery – more... to determine internal repair injuries suffered from various trauma situations.
* Care for patients, maintain safe nursing care, include family in plan of care and care of patient as patient desired. – less
great place to work .I love working with the elderly
Home Health Aide (Former Employee), Orlando, FLMay 28, 2014
Took care of the elderly you could choose which cases you wanted to work.
Busy ER
Emergency Room, Clinical Technician (Former Employee), Orlando, FLMay 15, 2014
A busy ER proved an interesting way to learn and prepare for PA school.
productive with discounts
Laundry Department Lead (Former Employee), Orlando, FLApril 25, 2014
Pros: discounts
Great co-workers. Daily production. Great company.
Excellent central location.
GREAT PLACE TO WORK
lab tech (Former Employee), orlandoApril 7, 2014
I would like to work there again, I hope I can go back and work as an rn
excellent
Imaging Services Manager (Current Employee), OrlandoMarch 6, 2014
Pros: great family oriented company
Cons: restructure
During the past 10 years I have been extremely fortunate to work within an organization that has experienced much change. I have developed a relationship of mutual trust and respect amongst my current team, peers, administration, and physicians.
In my role as Radiology manager my responsibilities include, but are not limited to the following:
• Daily – more... Operations
• Team Building
• Fiscal Responsibility
• Strategic Planning
• Business Planning
• Partnership with IT for Radiology Systems planning, implementation, and maintenance
In addition to my current experience, I have several years of experience within the hospital setting that further qualify me for this position. Please consider the following:
• Fifteen years of recent management experience in roles of Operations Manager and Director.
• Thirty-four years of devoted professional experience as a radiographer, educator, and leader.
• Demonstrated initiative, good interpersonal skills, and collaborative working relationships with others.
• Lean Six Sigma Green Belt
• Graduate with MHA in 8/2014

There is a great colaborative environment between ancillary and nursing teams. I was honored to work with such a respectful and like minded team.
The most difficult part of the job were the recent restructuring and job eliminations that were necessary.
I enjoyed the day to day operations, rounding on patients, interactions with my teams, and the radiologist relationships. – less
overall good
Volunteer (Former Employee), Orlando, FLJanuary 25, 2014
great people great opportunity management was kind and work was interesting
I work in the Pool part time
RN Discharge Planner (Current Employee), Orlando, FLJanuary 20, 2014
Pros: i give my availability as a pool rn dcp
Cons: short breaks
I like the employees I work with at ORMC. I have gotten good experience as a RN DCP. I am learning every day. The RN DCP's and SW's work together to help with DC plans for the patient's.
Life changing experience
Financial Counselor (Former Employee), Emergency DepartmentJanuary 19, 2014
Pros: insurance benefits, easy access or resources to medical help
Cons: no job advancement, corporate politics, rude patients
Yes,it's place to get experience about real life out in the community. The ER doesn't lie about the types of people out there. You see is what you get....as it's still in the process of building the hospital. It's still being re-constructed for more than 3 years now.

Pay is less than other hospitals in Central Florida.
currently under re-organization and re-structure
Pharmacy (Current Employee), Orlando, FLJanuary 14, 2014
organization currently in rebuilding phase after consultants completed evaluation.
We had a great staff who worked well together and still stay in touch today!
Registered Nurse (Former Employee), Preop-PACU-ICUJanuary 12, 2014
Pros: staff
Cons: patient overload
It was a very intense environment due to acuity, volume, lack of ICU beds available so every day was a challenge to move patients out to be able to accept fresh OR cases. We stuck together as a team and never ;et anyone feel alone or overwhelmed. We had a difficult job but we hung together through thick and thin to make it bearable.

The nurses I worked – more... with were my rocks and their support made it one of the greatest job experiences ever. – less
Fun with free Thanksgiving and Christmas Dinner.
Floor Tech II (Former Employee), EnvironmentalDecember 28, 2013
Pros: less complications on the job
Cons: not enough employees to carry the work load.
A typical day at work was always very busy. I learned to do my best at each assigned task. The supervisor was a good supervisor and easy to talk to. I got along well with my co-workers. The hardest part of the job was doing the work of three people especially when there was a staff shortage. I got to meet new people all the time.
Pleasant working environment
Front Office Asiistant (Current Employee), Orlando, FLNovember 15, 2013
Hardest part of working with Orlando Health is the constant change of management.
great place to work and serve the community
Discharge Planner (Current Employee), Orlando FLNovember 3, 2013
ORMC is a great hospital that serves the community. i was able to learn a lot from my co workers and other team members. Our management was very supportive of its team members.
great place to work
Med.Tech II (Former Employee), Orlando,FloridaOctober 22, 2013
Pros: great place to work
Enjoyed working there and teaching students.Got to utilize all my experience in Microbiology
Great place to work.
Health Information Management Prof Doc Imaging QA (Former Employee), Orlando,FLOctober 22, 2013
A typical day at work consisted of duties related to scanning paper charts into the electronic medical record system.
Liked working with the people there
TECHNOLOGIST ASSISTANT 'VOLUNTEER (Former Employee), Orlando, VAOctober 6, 2013
Pros: learned different skills to better my technique
I did x-ray in the department and also did portable x-ray. I've learned a great deal in a fast pace department. The management was nice a really made sure we were trained properly. The co-workers were eager to help with patients. Hardest part of the job was working in the ED department. The most enjoyable was working with the co-workers.
Over all a great place to work. Promotes education and clinical advancement
Registered Nurse-Clinical Nurse III- Vascular Unit (Former Employee), Orlando, FLSeptember 17, 2013
Pros: education opportunities
Cons: currently restructuring healthcare vision.
Co-workers are very team oriented. Employees are provided a voice in policy.
Beneficial experience overall.
CT Scan Technologist / Radiologic Technologist (Former Employee), Orlando, FLSeptember 12, 2013
Constantly busy workday. Very supportive co-workers. Experience an environment where dual modality is a part the average workday.

1 2 3