Orlando Utilities Commission

Orlando Utilities Commission Employer Reviews

Great place to work. We had a full gym on site and a massage therapist to help during the demanding times.
Customer Service Supervisor (Former Employee), Orlando, FLNovember 5, 2014
Pros: excellent benifits.
Cons: sometimes very demanding working with difficult situations, having to cut the employees breaks and lunches short due to heavy phone volume.
Each of the supervisors had a team. Most of the time it consisted of 10 - 12 employees. This was a call center, that was open from 7am to 7pm, Monday - Saturday. I worked the late shift, which left me as the only supervisor for the entire call center till 7pm, In the evening the calls were more demanding due to customers coming home from work and the – more... electric or water may have been interruped. Even tho the evening hours were more demanding, I continued to show my team the support and acknowledgement they deserved. It was rewarding to hear that we gave excellent customer service during a difficult situation.
I truly enjoyed my job, and had to leave due to taking care of a sick loved one. – less
Great Internship
Intern (Former Employee), Orlando, FLSeptember 16, 2014
Even though I was only there for a few short months as an intern in the Water Production group, they treated me as if I were a permanent employee. They were very helpful in demonstrating everything I wasn't sure about and very willing to answer any questions I came up with. They're a great group to work for.
Highly motivated, creative and dedicated professional who receives accolades from both customers and supervisors
Purchasing Specialist/buyer (Current Employee), Orlando FLJanuary 16, 2014
Pros: feeling productive and a feeling of accomplishment for doing a good job.
Cons: not enough hours in the day
Very productive and diligent worker. Plan my day very well, work very independently, know what tasks that need to be performed each day. Start each day checking emails, consulting with end users and suppliers, check workload assignments each day. Management usually leaves me alone, knowing my abilities and that I get the job done and assist others in – more... their daily tasks. The most enjoyable part of my day is working closely with my end users and suppliers. The not so nice part of the job, but very necessary is to enforce purchasing policies upon my end users. – less
Utility Company
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Orlando FloridaJuly 4, 2013
Pros: good benefits
Cons: bad scheduling
Customer Service Representative
Customer service oriented and providing perfect service while handling customer accounts and questions concerning utility bills and environmental questions.
• Receiving inbound calls and making outbound calls
• Starting and stopping utility services
• Utility bill explanation
• Education customers on conservation tips – more... to properly use utilities and save money on billing – less
Reliable and strong on customer service.
MANAGER, Purchasing (Supply Chain) (Former Employee), Orlando, FlJanuary 22, 2013
Pros: reliable service to the city of orlando
Cons: not much opportunity to advance.
A small utility serving the City of Orlando. The company strives to provide electric and water service to its customers.
Rotating Shift work
COMBINED CYCLE POWER PLANT OPERATOR (Former Employee), Orlando, FLDecember 26, 2012
Pros: new plant
Cons: lack of supervisory experience in management. good old boy network
Rotating 24/7 shift work. Good pay and benefits. Worked as an Operator inside and outside the control room.