Orlando Utilities Commission Employee Reviews

Good manager and co-workers I was just a contractor there.
Disbursement Specialist (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLJune 19, 2017
Your manager knows what you do and what could be area employee need more help. Good accounting software training, and flex work schedule. You could bring work computer home and work from home time to time.

I was not a employee of Orlando Utilities Commission, and just a contractor there.
Interesting and rewarding work environment
Customer Service Representative II (Former Employee) –  St. Cloud, FloridaJune 6, 2017
I loved the ability to make my own decisions on customer's needs. It made what customer service is all about. My manager was very supportive in their capacity as assisting me in performing my job.
Pros
Excellent pay and benefits
Cons
It tends to get stressful working with customers who can't afford their utilties.
Regular call center
Asset Recovery Specialist (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAMay 31, 2017
Typical contact center settings, relaxed but busy, taking incoming calls, assisting customers in paying electric bill, reconnecting, and disconnecting
Pros
Free lunch
Cons
short breaks
Great place
Marketing and Community Relations Intern (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLApril 22, 2017
Amazing place to work and opportunities are varied within the organization. Great culture and benefits are good as well. I would go back in a different position in a heartbeat
An outstanding work environment
Senior Programmer Analyst (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLDecember 13, 2016
A great place to work with outstanding pay and benefits. The best job I ever had. The management treats you like family.They paid for my first wife's cancer treatments for over 20 years.They offered a great career path. I started at $25,000 per year and ended at $85,000 per year for 26 years.
Pros
flexible work hours, great work environment, outstanding benefits
Great Place to Work
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Orlando, FLNovember 15, 2016
OUC is an amazing company to work for. Reasonable hours great supervisors. 1 hour for lunch, not many opportunities for over time. Lot of company events to attend within the community
Good job security
HR Consultant (Current Employee) –  Orlando, FLApril 28, 2016
My immediate team is great but it seems there can be significant tension between some groups. Many employees are just comfortable in their jobs. Some employees are resistant to change and adapting to new technologies. Decisions by senior staff can take quite a while to be settled on.
Pros
Comfortable job to retire in
Cons
Slow to make changes
Requirements
Business Application Analyst (Current Employee) –  Orlando, FLFebruary 19, 2016
Company is really great. They treat you as equally as a full time here. There is always something to learn about it. Great projects. Company is headed towards innovation.
Unhealthy Environment
Manager (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLJanuary 9, 2016
Lots of cliques! Manages through intimidation. No comradery. Persistent & Successful in their pursuit to create an environment of cookie-cut employees by consistently threatening job security. OUC is a good employer, however, the environment is toxic.
Pros
Excellent Pay & Benefits
Cons
Old Leadership, Cliques & Intimidation
Offers good benefits
Web and Digital Media Specialist (Current Employee) –  Orlando, FLDecember 18, 2015
OUC offers good benefits and stable employment. They are a medium sized company so the tendency is for individuals to wear many hats.
very productive and organized organization
Facilities Maintenance Technician (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLSeptember 8, 2015
was a great opportunity to witness an organization ran so smoothly and organized, Benefits was great work was well laid out and being I work so hard and had enough knowledge I was basically my own boss. Management was superb. I left looking for more responsibility.
Pros
Great benifits and easy work well organized
Cons
not enough responsibility
Great People
Commercial Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Orlando FlMarch 24, 2015
• Compute deposit quotes
• Setup new commercial and residential utility services
• Handle sensitive situations and difficult customers
• Explain company rates, policies and procedures to internal and external customers
• Initiate, terminate, and transfer customer accounts
• Determine deposit requirements; accurately quote and collect deposits and outstanding debt
• Understand electric and water metering and meter reading with the ability to convey information to customers.
• Explain factors affecting high bills, counsel on efficient use of electricity and water and identify possible billing errors
• Recognize adjustments on accounts; explain adjustments to customers and issue simple adjustments
Pros
blood drives, 5K's for good causes, free movie tickets
Cons
long hours, long commute
Incompetent Mgmt = Poorly executed & time-crunched projects
Sr. Microsoft Engineer (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLNovember 13, 2014
It appears that IT management staff lacks the skills & knowledge required to properly plan out the time required to fully execute & implement projects...and despite poor results from past project failures, they continue to insist on utilizing the same bad philosophies for future projects. Also...95% of IT staff is outsourced to a single external contracted firm...which results in zero collaboration with any staff that is not employed by the same firm and major internal political issues. Unless they perform a top down reorganization of management, dump the dominate existing contracted IT firm, and equally diversify the outsourcing of firms for IT contracts to create a more collaborative environment...it is recommended to avoid employment at this place in all aspects.
Great place to work. We had a full gym on site and a massage therapist to help during the demanding times.
Customer Service Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLNovember 5, 2014
Each of the supervisors had a team. Most of the time it consisted of 10 - 12 employees. This was a call center, that was open from 7am to 7pm, Monday - Saturday. I worked the late shift, which left me as the only supervisor for the entire call center till 7pm, In the evening the calls were more demanding due to customers coming home from work and the electric or water may have been interruped. Even tho the evening hours were more demanding, I continued to show my team the support and acknowledgement they deserved. It was rewarding to hear that we gave excellent customer service during a difficult situation.
I truly enjoyed my job, and had to leave due to taking care of a sick loved one.
Pros
Excellent benifits.
Cons
Sometimes very demanding working with difficult situations, Having to cut the employees breaks and lunches short due to heavy phone volume.
Great Internship
Intern (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLSeptember 16, 2014
Even though I was only there for a few short months as an intern in the Water Production group, they treated me as if I were a permanent employee. They were very helpful in demonstrating everything I wasn't sure about and very willing to answer any questions I came up with. They're a great group to work for.
Highly motivated, creative and dedicated professional who receives accolades from both customers and supervisors
Purchasing Specialist/buyer (Current Employee) –  Orlando FLJanuary 16, 2014
Very productive and diligent worker. Plan my day very well, work very independently, know what tasks that need to be performed each day. Start each day checking emails, consulting with end users and suppliers, check workload assignments each day. Management usually leaves me alone, knowing my abilities and that I get the job done and assist others in their daily tasks. The most enjoyable part of my day is working closely with my end users and suppliers. The not so nice part of the job, but very necessary is to enforce purchasing policies upon my end users.
Pros
Feeling productive and a feeling of accomplishment for doing a good job.
Cons
Not enough hours in the day
Utility Company
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Orlando FloridaJuly 4, 2013
Customer Service Representative
Customer service oriented and providing perfect service while handling customer accounts and questions concerning utility bills and environmental questions.
• Receiving inbound calls and making outbound calls
• Starting and stopping utility services
• Utility bill explanation
• Education customers on conservation tips to properly use utilities and save money on billing
Pros
Good benefits
Cons
Bad scheduling
Reliable and strong on customer service.
MANAGER, Purchasing (Supply Chain) (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FlJanuary 22, 2013
A small utility serving the City of Orlando. The company strives to provide electric and water service to its customers.
Pros
reliable service to the city of orlando
Cons
not much opportunity to advance.
Rotating Shift work
COMBINED CYCLE POWER PLANT OPERATOR (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLDecember 26, 2012
Rotating 24/7 shift work. Good pay and benefits. Worked as an Operator inside and outside the control room.
Pros
new plant
Cons
lack of supervisory experience in management. good old boy network

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Orlando Utilities Commission. Our community is ready to answer.

CEO Approval