Orleans Community Health

Orleans Community Health United States Employee Reviews

Overall Friendly & Enjoyable Workplace
Dining Room Aide (Former Employee), Medina, NYSeptember 15, 2014
I worked on two separate units which were the Residential Health Care Facility and the Med/Surg unit. Overall it was an experience like no other. Some days were good, some days were bad. My coworkers were almost always there for me, & I wouldn't take back any of the time I spent there.
A very professional environment with a talented team of healthcare workers
Radiology Secretary (Current Employee), Medina NYMay 7, 2014
For the last 14 years I have worked in three different departments in our local hospital. And being a Secretary in the Radiology Dept being the latter is very rewarding. The first two departments gave me a lot of insight and know how that allows me to do my job so efficiently. I have a great amount of respect for my coworkers and what they do. I am the only secretary and it gets very busy, very often which makes the time go by fast. The hardest part of my job is trying to make sure I have answered all the message that are left for me in that day, and the easiest is punching in to get ready for my day.
Medina Memorial Hospital
IT Systems/ Network Administrator (Former Employee), Medina, NYJuly 25, 2013
Cons: 1.5 hr 60 mile comute, $1000/month in gas, understaffed it department
a typical day, was resolving one "emergency" after another, being paged overhead constantly; addressing the IT issues of the end users. Additionally responsible for on-going projects due to a complete upgrade of all IT technologies. including upgrading and maintaining the IT network and all IT Systems, desktops, servers, phones, and Medical IT Systems with the help of an under-qualified support staff of 3 people. I reported to the CIO, who although I felt was a good executive, wasn't a very good day-to-day Manager, and left me to make most of the day-to-day decisions without any management or supervisory authority.
Daily review
Clinical Documentation Supervisor (Current Employee), Medina, NYFebruary 23, 2013
Pros: flexible schedule
Cons: lack of administrative support for processes.
Review medical charts to ensure that physicians have appropriate documentation for reimbursement
Review medical charts to ensure there is documentation to meet level of care/ medical necessity.
Appeal process (RAC, IPRO, MCO)
ICD 10 Implementation process

About Orleans Community Health

Orleans Community Health is the umbrella organization for Medina Memorial Hospital and several other health organizations including – Read more