Oroville Hospital Employee Reviews

Hospitals are just so unpredictable.
Environmentalist (Current Employee) –  Oroville, CANovember 3, 2017
You could have an extremely slow day, or it can be super fast paced. You never know what you're going to run into or what kind of patient you'll run into so its good to always keep an open mind and be respectful. The nurses here go through so much and are so underappreciated. The department I worked in was not the best job in the world. Doing housekeeping there you'll run into something new every day.
Pros
discounts
Cons
pay almost isn't worth it
Provides opportunity for growth.
Registered Nurse (Current Employee) –  Oroville, CAMay 5, 2017
Management team is supportive of staff, there is opportunity for growth within the organization. Provide excellent patient care. Staff are friendly, and enjoyable to work with.
Busy Acute Care Hospital
RN-Medical Surgical (Former Employee) –  Oroville, CA 95966April 18, 2017
At Oroville Hospital, you can expect a fast-paced environment with a diverse patient population. On the medical-surgical units you usually have a charge nurse, floor RNs and CNAs on most days.
Pros
Friendly staff, flexible set schedules
Cons
Not always enough support or staffing
Fun job
Unit Clerk and Home Health Aide (Former Employee) –  Oroville, CAMarch 29, 2017
Loved working with the Nurses here and the Hospital always had a friendly atmosphere. My other co-workers were a blast and we worked all very well together.
I have worked here for 10 Years
Central Scheduler/Patient Access Clerk (Current Employee) –  Oroville, CAMarch 15, 2017
I love my job and I love the people I work with. I feel that there is little to no room for advancement and I want to move forward in my career. They have great employees.
Oroville Hospital staffing office
Staffing Clerk (Former Employee) –  Oroville, CAFebruary 22, 2017
The staffing office was a great place to work. Filled with hard working, very nice people who do their best everyday to make sure the Hospital has the staff they need, and to replace sick calls as quickly as possible. This is a great place to work!
Loved my co-workers
ER Technician/Unit Clerk (Former Employee) –  Oroville, CADecember 22, 2016
Worked in the ER for 3 years. Loved everyone I worked with. Great job if you can work well under pressure and if you are interested in seeing a variety of patients. Great for a first step in the door for the medical field. This company jump started my medical career.
Pros
great co-workers and team work
Cons
sometimes understaffed, high turnover rate
the patients are who made my job worth doing.
Medical Assistant (Former Employee) –  Oroville, CADecember 11, 2016
Doves landing has some potential if it had better management. The manager does not know how to run the place. Manager is very disrespectful and rude. She does not care about that place nor the patients, all she is there for is her paycheck. Not a person you would want to work for.
Pros
helping the patients
Cons
disrespectful manager
Great place to work! Management is great and accommodating.
LVN/ Endoscopy Technician (Current Employee) –  Oroville, CADecember 8, 2016
I really enjoy the atmosphere at my job. All of the employees at this hospital know each other when they meet in the halls. It feels like a giant family. I work with so many friendly people. The hardest part of my job is seeing people that are sick and that aren't going to get better. The most enjoyable part of my job is giving people the care that I know I would want my family members to have. I like to make my patients feel important and feel like the care they received is the best.
Pros
Gym membership, discounted meals, retirement plans
great job
Pharmacy Technician Training Externship (Former Employee) –  Oroville, CASeptember 29, 2016
Wish they had a job opening when I was done with my internship they carried about me and they liked i worked 40 hours nonstop with almost no brakes. Enjoyed this job a lot wish they had a opening in the pharmacy
Pros
very good work area
Cons
didn't get hired after internship no job openings
Great staff; organized and steady work flow
Support Clerk (Former Employee) –  Oroville, CAAugust 10, 2016
Working at this hospital was my favorite job! They allowed me to grow with their company in the Business Office and went from working in the filing room to working on phones and doing secondary medical billing by the time I had to leave.
Pros
listening to music as we worked
Cons
no cons
fun work place
Filing Clerk (Former Employee) –  Oroville, CAApril 4, 2016
A typical day at work was positive

- learned multiple things
opened sorted, and routed incoming mail and prepared outgoing mail I reviewed and organized files records and other documents ex
- the managemt was good and helpful when was needed
- my co workers were outgoing and mostly positive depending on weather and the days of what was going on
-the hardest part of the job was change
- most enjoyable part of the job was postiveness
Pros
being around positive people
Cons
learning new experancies
Friendly place to work
LVN (Current Employee) –  Oroville, CAMarch 16, 2016
I love working at Oroville Hospital. I know all the people I pass in the hall way. I feel like it is one big family. I have multiple managers and they are all awesome. I enjoy going to work every day and I have a great relationship with all of my co-workers.
Productive and professional
Pharmacy Technician (Current Employee) –  Oroville, CAMarch 12, 2016
Oroville Hospital is one of the busiest hospitals in butte county. Whether I'm compounding, filling Pyxis or stocking the units with solutions, I am constantly moving. Being able to multitask is a must, and I can say with confidence that I am excellent at multitasking. Along with being proficient with my work, I am friendly and have a great relationship with all of my coworkers. I have learned so much working for Oroville Hospital, and am incredibly grateful for everything my employer has done for me. I have been wanting to move to Southern California for the last 4 years, and now that I've built my career I'm ready to branch out to reach my full potential.
good pay
Registered Nurse (Current Employee) –  Oroville, CADecember 13, 2015
Days are real busy. I love my coworkers, hardest part of the job is losing patients, most enjoyable is coworker and the patients
cleaning
volunteer (Former Employee) –  oroville caAugust 30, 2015
it was a very nice palce and it was always clean and helpfull. people were always helpfull and charming. they were alwasy nice.
Case Manager RN (Former Employee) –  Oroville, CAAugust 29, 2015
Excellent hospital to work as Registered Nurse.
They have excellent Medical Benefits.
They are flexible with work hours and vacation time.
Case Managers are friendly and reliable.

Enjoyed interacting with the patients and families.

Hardest part of job for a relief nurse is that you may be blamed for a mistake the nurse your relieved made.

If you like an exciting, interactive and fast paced job, this is it.

There are politics in all nursing jobs.
Pros
All Case Managers willing to help and train you.
Cons
Rare breaks, very fast paced, high percentage indigent patients
Great Place To Work
LVN (CHARGE) (Current Employee) –  Radiation OncologyApril 16, 2015
I loved working here. Everyone was really friendly and cared about the patients. Cant explain enough about how great everyone is.
Worked in Customer Service
Student Housing business (Current Employee) –  Oroville CaMarch 22, 2015
Enjoyed working with the public,,, I also. did billing and credits. The most enjoyable part of this job. Was helping people patients with there billing.
Pros
Good working invionment
Cons
None that i can remember
Very productive never a dull moment always busy.
Registration Clerk Oroville Hospital (Former Employee) –  Oroville, CAOctober 12, 2014
I learned so much in this department. My boss told me if I work in Admitting I will know pretty much most of the hospital. Worked well with my co-workers also. I always left work with a good attitude knowing I accomplished everything I did.
Pros
Had a great boss, made my job fun.
Cons
I loved all I did there just needed to expand my knowlege in another department.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Oroville Hospital. Our community is ready to answer.

Oroville Hospital Reviews by Location