Oroville Hospital Employee Reviews in United States

fun work place
Filing Clerk (Former Employee) –  Oroville, CAApril 4, 2016
A typical day at work was positive

- learned multiple things
opened sorted, and routed incoming mail and prepared outgoing mail I reviewed and organized files records and other documents ex
- the managemt was good and helpful when was needed
- my co workers were outgoing and mostly positive depending on weather and the days of what was going on
-the hardest part of the job was change
- most enjoyable part of the job was postiveness
Pros
being around positive people
Cons
learning new experancies
Friendly place to work
LVN (Current Employee) –  Oroville, CAMarch 16, 2016
I love working at Oroville Hospital. I know all the people I pass in the hall way. I feel like it is one big family. I have multiple managers and they are all awesome. I enjoy going to work every day and I have a great relationship with all of my co-workers.
Productive and professional
Pharmacy Technician (Current Employee) –  Oroville, CAMarch 12, 2016
Oroville Hospital is one of the busiest hospitals in butte county. Whether I'm compounding, filling Pyxis or stocking the units with solutions, I am constantly moving. Being able to multitask is a must, and I can say with confidence that I am excellent at multitasking. Along with being proficient with my work, I am friendly and have a great relationship with all of my coworkers. I have learned so much working for Oroville Hospital, and am incredibly grateful for everything my employer has done for me. I have been wanting to move to Southern California for the last 4 years, and now that I've built my career I'm ready to branch out to reach my full potential.
good pay
Registered Nurse (Current Employee) –  Oroville, CADecember 13, 2015
Days are real busy. I love my coworkers, hardest part of the job is losing patients, most enjoyable is coworker and the patients
cleaning
volunteer (Former Employee) –  oroville caAugust 30, 2015
it was a very nice palce and it was always clean and helpfull. people were always helpfull and charming. they were alwasy nice.
Case Manager RN (Former Employee) –  Oroville, CAAugust 29, 2015
Excellent hospital to work as Registered Nurse.
They have excellent Medical Benefits.
They are flexible with work hours and vacation time.
Case Managers are friendly and reliable.

Enjoyed interacting with the patients and families.

Hardest part of job for a relief nurse is that you may be blamed for a mistake the nurse your relieved made.

If you like an exciting, interactive and fast paced job, this is it.

There are politics in all nursing jobs.
Pros
All Case Managers willing to help and train you.
Cons
Rare breaks, very fast paced, high percentage indigent patients
Great Place To Work
LVN (CHARGE) (Current Employee) –  Radiation OncologyApril 16, 2015
I loved working here. Everyone was really friendly and cared about the patients. Cant explain enough about how great everyone is.
Worked in Customer Service
Student Housing business (Current Employee) –  Oroville CaMarch 22, 2015
Enjoyed working with the public,,, I also. did billing and credits. The most enjoyable part of this job. Was helping people patients with there billing.
Pros
good working invionment
Cons
none that i can remember
Very productive never a dull moment always busy.
Registration Clerk Oroville Hospital (Former Employee) –  Oroville, CAOctober 12, 2014
I learned so much in this department. My boss told me if I work in Admitting I will know pretty much most of the hospital. Worked well with my co-workers also. I always left work with a good attitude knowing I accomplished everything I did.
Pros
had a great boss, made my job fun.
Cons
i loved all i did there just needed to expand my knowlege in another department.
fun place to work, very cooperative co-worker & supportive management, love to working at Oroville hospital.
RN (Current Employee) –  Medical surge (unit-3)September 1, 2014
I really like to work at Oroville Hospital and enhancing my nursing experience. The working environment is really pleasant, supportive co-workers, and very understanding management make my more more productive and easier. I really like to be a part of Oroville Hospital, and adding new experience in my nursing career every day.
Pros
meal discount for employees.
Cons
2 hours drive everyday from my home.
nurse current
RN (Current Employee) –  Oroville, CAJanuary 21, 2014
a typical day at work include taking care of pts, understaffed and overworked,
the hospital not fast and efficient
management.... too many........
hardest part of the job is not able to get needs met of pt fast due to busy drs.
most enjoyable is co-workers
Pros
good pay
Cons
overworked, understaff
High Pt load
Certified X-Ray Technologist (Former Employee) –  Oroville, CAJanuary 21, 2014
worked well with staff the Hospital has a High Pt load but I loved working with my co-workers
Pros
my co-workers
Cons
bad health care and benefits
Thoroughly enjoyed this job!
Registration Clerk (Former Employee) –  Oroville, CANovember 25, 2013
I actually quit this job so I could work for the Post Office. Though this was a physically and emotionally and exhausting job. I had such a great opportunity to really meat some neat people.
Pros
unique customers
Cons
exposed to many diseases and germ
Excellent workplace with staff and patients.
Licensed Vocational Nurse (Former Employee) –  Oroville, CANovember 22, 2013
Typical day included measuring pediatric vitals, medication reconciliation, initiate well child physical exams, medication/injection administration and follow up on care. Learned to multitask and time management. Co-workers were full of team players who always helped one another. Hardest part of the time was during the winter season, which is the busiest season of the year. Most enjoyable part of my job was the smile from our patients and parent satisfaction with my care that I provided to them and their child.
Pros
excellent workplace.
Cons
management was not of help at times.
Good Job
Environmental Services (Current Employee) –  Oroville, CAAugust 21, 2013
To clean rooms and maintain patient units inside in the hospital.
Environmentalist (Former Employee) –  Oroville, CAAugust 1, 2013
A typical day includes gathering required materials and greeting the supervisors. During the day I would start by cleaning rooms in order starting with highest priority. Co-workers are always available to lend a helping hand in tough situations. The hardest part of the job was seeing so many sick people, but I know that the little things I did for them helped both the patient and their families. I always enjoyed smiling at families and visitors giving them a big boost during their difficult times.
Love what I do.
CT Technologist/Xray Technologist (Former Employee) –  Oroville, CAJuly 31, 2013
Fortunately I love what I do. The frustration comes into the equation when you need something from management. They give you the nod, and you wait for the request to be completed. The advancement rate is poor, because once they like where you are at, ie graveyards, you are stuck as it is difficult to fill those positions with dependable peeps that can do the work and work independently with out supervision, so in a sense you are punished for being a great worker. So Frustrated. The people that get the promotions are the peeps that are seen daily, PM's and graves are kind of a forgotten island. Even when applying for a position, you wont get a call for an interview. The equipment is subpar, something is always broken a bucky that needs constant adjustment just to use. Collimators that dont collimate. We have two portables, and one is down at least once a month. If the CT scanner goes down we have to transport the pt to the clinic and use the scanner down there, which is fine as it used to be at the hospital, no contrast can be administered at that site. These things are all things that come with the job, Creativity and flexibility, but Management doesnt acknowledge this, you will work really hard, only to hear about your mistakes. No encouragement, no kudos. No equality among the Technologists, ie some techs are working without Fluoro licenses, and therefore dont go to surgery, or do fluoro, yet are paid the same
Pros
awesome co-workers from the er to the floors.
Cons
on pm shifts and graves, you need to clock out for lunch, but you're probably going to be working thru it, you cant clock back in for a full thirty minutes with the system in place, no advancement, subpar equipment
Fast pase,made Friends.Free meals.
Dietary Helper (Current Employee) –  Oroville, CAMarch 28, 2013
Fast pase.Hard work,non-stop.
Made many friends, there like family.
Pros
free meal, made many friends
Cons
over worked.
It was not the best working environment.
California State Certified Phlebotomist (Former Employee) –  Oroville, CAMarch 17, 2013
I enjoyed working with the clients. Management was not very supportive of their employees. They don't go out of their way to encouragement or even provide employees with stmts like"Great Job".
Poor maintenance of diagnostic imaging equipment
Intern, Radiologic Technologist (Former Employee) –  Oroville, CASeptember 24, 2012
As an intern I felt that there was not much emphasis on teaching but more emphasis on using the Interns as "extra labor" to fill in for staff who called in sick (which was a daily occurrence). Equipment was, overall, not maintained and you had to "work around" quite a few equipment problems. I found this to be the hardest part of the job because I felt I was not giving the patients optimum care. The most enjoyable part of the job was working with the Radiologists, most of whom were very professional and had a lot of patience with students.
Cons
poor imaging equipment maintenance