Oroville Hospital Employee Reviews

Loved my co-workers
ER Technician/Unit Clerk (Former Employee) –  Oroville, CADecember 22, 2016
Worked in the ER for 3 years. Loved everyone I worked with. Great job if you can work well under pressure and if you are interested in seeing a variety of patients. Great for a first step in the door for the medical field. This company jump started my medical career.
Pros
great co-workers and team work
Cons
sometimes understaffed, high turnover rate
the patients are who made my job worth doing.
Medical Assistant (Former Employee) –  Oroville, CADecember 11, 2016
Doves landing has some potential if it had better management. The manager does not know how to run the place. Manager is very disrespectful and rude. She does not care about that place nor the patients, all she is there for is her paycheck. Not a person you would want to work for.
Pros
helping the patients
Cons
disrespectful manager
Great place to work! Management is great and accommodating.
LVN/ Endoscopy Technician (Current Employee) –  Oroville, CADecember 8, 2016
I really enjoy the atmosphere at my job. All of the employees at this hospital know each other when they meet in the halls. It feels like a giant family. I work with so many friendly people. The hardest part of my job is seeing people that are sick and that aren't going to get better. The most enjoyable part of my job is giving people the care that I know I would want my family members to have. I like to make my patients feel important and feel like the care they received is the best.
Pros
Gym membership, discounted meals, retirement plans
great job
Pharmacy Technician Training Externship (Former Employee) –  Oroville, CASeptember 29, 2016
Wish they had a job opening when I was done with my internship they carried about me and they liked i worked 40 hours nonstop with almost no brakes. Enjoyed this job a lot wish they had a opening in the pharmacy
Pros
very good work area
Cons
didn't get hired after internship no job openings
Great staff; organized and steady work flow
Support Clerk (Former Employee) –  Oroville, CAAugust 10, 2016
Working at this hospital was my favorite job! They allowed me to grow with their company in the Business Office and went from working in the filing room to working on phones and doing secondary medical billing by the time I had to leave.
Pros
listening to music as we worked
Cons
no cons
fun work place
Filing Clerk (Former Employee) –  Oroville, CAApril 4, 2016
A typical day at work was positive

- learned multiple things
opened sorted, and routed incoming mail and prepared outgoing mail I reviewed and organized files records and other documents ex
- the managemt was good and helpful when was needed
- my co workers were outgoing and mostly positive depending on weather and the days of what was going on
-the hardest part of the job was change
- most enjoyable part of the job was postiveness
Pros
being around positive people
Cons
learning new experancies
Friendly place to work
LVN (Current Employee) –  Oroville, CAMarch 16, 2016
I love working at Oroville Hospital. I know all the people I pass in the hall way. I feel like it is one big family. I have multiple managers and they are all awesome. I enjoy going to work every day and I have a great relationship with all of my co-workers.
Productive and professional
Pharmacy Technician (Current Employee) –  Oroville, CAMarch 12, 2016
Oroville Hospital is one of the busiest hospitals in butte county. Whether I'm compounding, filling Pyxis or stocking the units with solutions, I am constantly moving. Being able to multitask is a must, and I can say with confidence that I am excellent at multitasking. Along with being proficient with my work, I am friendly and have a great relationship with all of my coworkers. I have learned so much working for Oroville Hospital, and am incredibly grateful for everything my employer has done for me. I have been wanting to move to Southern California for the last 4 years, and now that I've built my career I'm ready to branch out to reach my full potential.
good pay
Registered Nurse (Current Employee) –  Oroville, CADecember 13, 2015
Days are real busy. I love my coworkers, hardest part of the job is losing patients, most enjoyable is coworker and the patients
cleaning
volunteer (Former Employee) –  oroville caAugust 30, 2015
it was a very nice palce and it was always clean and helpfull. people were always helpfull and charming. they were alwasy nice.

Want to know more about Oroville Hospital?

Ask a question
Case Manager RN (Former Employee) –  Oroville, CAAugust 29, 2015
Excellent hospital to work as Registered Nurse.
They have excellent Medical Benefits.
They are flexible with work hours and vacation time.
Case Managers are friendly and reliable.

Enjoyed interacting with the patients and families.

Hardest part of job for a relief nurse is that you may be blamed for a mistake the nurse your relieved made.

If you like an exciting, interactive and fast paced job, this is it.

There are politics in all nursing jobs.
Pros
All Case Managers willing to help and train you.
Cons
Rare breaks, very fast paced, high percentage indigent patients
Great Place To Work
LVN (CHARGE) (Current Employee) –  Radiation OncologyApril 16, 2015
I loved working here. Everyone was really friendly and cared about the patients. Cant explain enough about how great everyone is.
Worked in Customer Service
Student Housing business (Current Employee) –  Oroville CaMarch 22, 2015
Enjoyed working with the public,,, I also. did billing and credits. The most enjoyable part of this job. Was helping people patients with there billing.
Pros
Good working invionment
Cons
None that i can remember
Very productive never a dull moment always busy.
Registration Clerk Oroville Hospital (Former Employee) –  Oroville, CAOctober 12, 2014
I learned so much in this department. My boss told me if I work in Admitting I will know pretty much most of the hospital. Worked well with my co-workers also. I always left work with a good attitude knowing I accomplished everything I did.
Pros
Had a great boss, made my job fun.
Cons
I loved all I did there just needed to expand my knowlege in another department.
fun place to work, very cooperative co-worker & supportive management, love to working at Oroville hospital.
RN (Current Employee) –  Medical surge (unit-3)September 1, 2014
I really like to work at Oroville Hospital and enhancing my nursing experience. The working environment is really pleasant, supportive co-workers, and very understanding management make my more more productive and easier. I really like to be a part of Oroville Hospital, and adding new experience in my nursing career every day.
Pros
meal discount for employees.
Cons
2 hours drive everyday from my home.
nurse current
RN (Current Employee) –  Oroville, CAJanuary 21, 2014
a typical day at work include taking care of pts, understaffed and overworked,
the hospital not fast and efficient
management.... too many........
hardest part of the job is not able to get needs met of pt fast due to busy drs.
most enjoyable is co-workers
Pros
good pay
Cons
overworked, understaff
High Pt load
Certified X-Ray Technologist (Former Employee) –  Oroville, CAJanuary 21, 2014
worked well with staff the Hospital has a High Pt load but I loved working with my co-workers
Pros
my co-workers
Cons
bad health care and benefits
terriffic supervisor and caring co workers
linen attendant/ housekeeper (Former Employee) –  Oroville, CADecember 26, 2013
day to day hospital life is never easy. sometimes you can get stressed out before your shift even stars. luckily oroville hospital was a place where you never felt alone. i could always call on co workers for help and my supervisor was there to encourage and guide as needed. the most important moment of my life happened there, the birth of my son, so i was able to experience being both the employee and patient side of things. i learned compassion for those in need, patience and that people will always surprise you. the hardest part of my job was realizing that the sounds you hear are from people, the smells and messes, all from people, and we are all the same and deserve the best treatment from all who play a part in our life
Pros
snacks and a ready ear
Cons
insurance was too expensive to afford
Thoroughly enjoyed this job!
Registration Clerk (Former Employee) –  Oroville, CANovember 25, 2013
I actually quit this job so I could work for the Post Office. Though this was a physically and emotionally and exhausting job. I had such a great opportunity to really meat some neat people.
Pros
Unique customers
Cons
exposed to many diseases and germ
Excellent workplace with staff and patients.
Licensed Vocational Nurse (Former Employee) –  Oroville, CANovember 22, 2013
Typical day included measuring pediatric vitals, medication reconciliation, initiate well child physical exams, medication/injection administration and follow up on care. Learned to multitask and time management. Co-workers were full of team players who always helped one another. Hardest part of the time was during the winter season, which is the busiest season of the year. Most enjoyable part of my job was the smile from our patients and parent satisfaction with my care that I provided to them and their child.
Pros
Excellent workplace.
Cons
Management was not of help at times.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Oroville Hospital. Our community is ready to answer.

Oroville Hospital Reviews by Location