Orrick

Orrick Employer Reviews

Beautiful building and wonderful people to serve.
Information Systems and Technology Manager (Current Employee), San Francisco, CAApril 18, 2014
Pros: onsite gym, cafe, and free peete's coffee
Cons: nearby construction, not much parking
Great place to work. Great opportunity for me personally.
Typical workday involves managing an onsite/remote team of 7 technicians and meeting the needs of 475 attorneys and staff. I learned to manage Server,Network,Telephony,Trial Support, and training functions during my time at Orrick. Management was good. Co-workers are outstanding human beings.
Hardest part of the job was brokering support between a remote Help Desk/Global Operations Center and the HQ Office for a large global law firm. Most enjoyable component was the people and forming lasting trust relationships with them - and to ultimately help the business succeed.
Typical at at work
Legal assistant/Secretary/Coverage Coordinator (Current Employee), Menlo Park, CAOctober 15, 2013
Pros: n/a
Cons: n/a
In the mornings, I begin by going through all PTO requests, calendar the requests, update the daily outlist, check the attendance hotline, if a secretary is absent, I quickly locate backup coverage for his/her team, and email the office administrator and the respective team. I also make myself available for assitance if it is required. Finally, I send to the office the outlist.

I check the attorneys' calendars for any and all upcoming events, filings, etc. I usually email the team of any updates from the Courts, and deadlines to anticipate. We receive daily litigation calendar reminders from our litigation help desk. Those dates are always update on the attorneys' calendars.

In the afternoons, if there are any court filings, I turn my attention to those and execute the process from start to finish. When I am not required to perform any litigation-related duties, I check my to-do list for any administrative tasks yet to be completed.

Before leaving work, I check the next days' calendar for any upcoming deadlines and events.
Hard to get employment/advancement -- Lots of Favoritism
Admin Employee (Former Employee), Wheeling, WV - GOCJuly 29, 2013
Pros: free parking and benefits offered.
Cons: favoritism, gossip, hard to advance.
Benefits are nice. Compensation is fair. A hard firm to get in to, even if you've been employed by Orrick beforehand with good performance. Wheeling Branch tends to have lots of favoritism. All about who you know to get in and get any kind of advancement. Lots of gossip.
Orrick
Contract Attorney (Former Employee), Wheeling, WVNovember 12, 2012
The company used a lot of contract attorneys to complete jobs. The attorneys are often laid off quickly after a project is finished.
Productive workplace
CRM (Current Employee), Wheeling, WVMarch 1, 2012
Pros: free parking
Cons: 0
Review Summary concludes that Orrick is a productive workplace with FREE Parking