Orrick

Orrick Employer Reviews

Typical at at work
Legal assistant/Secretary/Coverage Coordinator (Current Employee), Menlo Park, CAOctober 15, 2013
Pros: n/a
Cons: n/a
In the mornings, I begin by going through all PTO requests, calendar the requests, update the daily outlist, check the attendance hotline, if a secretary is absent, I quickly locate backup coverage for his/her team, and email the office administrator and the respective team. I also make myself available for assitance if it is required. Finally, I send – more... to the office the outlist.

I check the attorneys' calendars for any and all upcoming events, filings, etc. I usually email the team of any updates from the Courts, and deadlines to anticipate. We receive daily litigation calendar reminders from our litigation help desk. Those dates are always update on the attorneys' calendars.

In the afternoons, if there are any court filings, I turn my attention to those and execute the process from start to finish. When I am not required to perform any litigation-related duties, I check my to-do list for any administrative tasks yet to be completed.

Before leaving work, I check the next days' calendar for any upcoming deadlines and events. – less
Hard to get employment/advancement -- Lots of Favoritism
Admin Employee (Former Employee), Wheeling, WV - GOCJuly 29, 2013
Pros: free parking and benefits offered.
Cons: favoritism, gossip, hard to advance.
Benefits are nice. Compensation is fair. A hard firm to get in to, even if you've been employed by Orrick beforehand with good performance. Wheeling Branch tends to have lots of favoritism. All about who you know to get in and get any kind of advancement. Lots of gossip.
Orrick
Contract Attorney (Former Employee), Wheeling, WVNovember 12, 2012
The company used a lot of contract attorneys to complete jobs. The attorneys are often laid off quickly after a project is finished.
Productive workplace
CRM (Current Employee), Wheeling, WVMarch 1, 2012
Pros: free parking
Cons: 0
Review Summary concludes that Orrick is a productive workplace with FREE Parking
productive workplace
Herrington & Sutcliffe - Executive Assistant (Former Employee), New Herrington, ENGFebruary 11, 2014
Cons: long hours
Orrick, Herrington & Sutcliffe – Piazza della Croce Rossa, 2 – 00161 - Roma
International Law Firm. - Headquarter in America with 21 structures in the world..
Administrative Assisant of Administrative’s Lawyer of the Firm and his team composed by 8 members and an of – Counsel in the field of finacial law, corporate law, litgation and administrative- – more... welcoming customers – call filtering - archive – typing and revising documents (contracts, letters) in Italian en English, time-sheet management and billing. Primary focus on the management agenda of the partners, the organization of meetings and trips abroad, procurement of facilities and services for meetings, coordination with he secretariats of our offices around the world especially for meetings with partners and International customers. Organization of meetings and conference calls. Total responsability for the control of the legal deadlines, notifications of judicial (made by post). Commission external speed at banks and post offices. Deposits with the different registries of the court 8Civil, Administrative) Council of State and the Supreme Court. Large independence in the management of the needs of everyone in the workplace and personal – less
Environnement de travail agréable
Assistante juridique (Current Employee), ParisMay 5, 2013
Pros: cadre agréable
Cons: aucun
Bon cadre général.