ORRIDGE

ORRIDGE United States Employee Reviews

The most inept company you could work for
Stocktaker (Current Employee), the NorthSeptember 6, 2014
Pros: work is easy and can go pretty fast
Cons: pretty much everything associated with the business
Never ever take this job, as well as the probability of you not receiving much work (I worked 5 days in 3 months) the people who you speak to sort everything out with are the most idiotic people. If you can actually get through to their operators to notify them of something then don't count on it been done, they will tell you they've done your request but literally put the phone down and not do it. I had to confirm a job 3 times with them they are that bad, literally how hard is it to confirm that someone is okay to do a job, but these people you deal with are something out of the only way is Essex (probably minus the fashion part).

It is so unprofessional and needs a good clear out of braindead staff. If you live in a said location and a job is available in your area they will not give you it, instead they will put you on a similar job what is about 80 miles or so away (yes that's their logic).

They will lie directly to your face, please take that in mind as you will be lied to as they tell people completely different things (this can be confirmed by many employees and not just me). Some things they lie about are just silly like I got told I would receive my uniform (4 polo shirts) after my first wage (and deduct £20) but still haven't. Yet they have told other people that they would receive 1 polo shirt after completing 5 jobs and some after 10, Some get told they are free some get told you get charged.

I had a friend who worked here who has quit now after getting sick to death of the treatment. He trained an employee up for pharmacies under the promises that his jobs would – more... not be taken. Once trained he lost all his jobs to the prson he trained up (Showing how horrible this company is)

As for the job it's pretty simple nothing much to it, so you could say it's easy going for money, not brilliant if you travel for 2 hours and only work 5 hours then travel another 2 hours back (which you are not paid for).

The people you work with are generally a decent bunch bar the odd couple of I can count faster than you know it all's.

Do not ever take this job if you are say on the dole and think you have a job or just as full time work as you will be left with no money what so ever. It will leave you angry believe me it will. – less
definitely the worst job I have ever had.
stock taker (Current Employee), West, TXMarch 10, 2014
Pros: i'm thinking as hard as i can.........nope, still nothing
Cons: bad mannered staff, short breaks, low pay, no job security or chance of advancement, unsociable hours, expected to travel for hours every shift
This company does everything it can to take back as much as possible from you. When you first start employment, you are informed that there is plenty of work when the truth is that you will be lucky to get a couple of shifts a week. If your expenses form is a day late, you are penalised, and I have been told by other employees that they have received letters through the post explaining that their mileage is out by forty pence so that change will be reflected in the payment. The wages are the bare minimum and there is no travel allowance even though you could be sitting in a car for up to six hours in one day and possibly only getting paid for five hours work at the end of it all. Breaks are virtually nonexistent even when working on bigger jobs up to fourteen hours at a time. The majority of the supervisors and senior staff treat you as though they accidentally walked in you on the way to the job. Often jobs are changed at the last minute because the office staff have made yet another mistake. All in all, i wouldn't suggest my worst enemy worked for this company.
Only if you are desperate, and then the work is infrequent
Counter (Current Employee), LincolnMarch 4, 2014
Pros: paid fortnightly
Cons: short notice, degrading work culture, disorganised
Badly managed from head office down. A lot of waiting around when on the job, no one "supervisor" quite knowing what the other is doing. Too many chiefs on jobs.

They will contact you sometimes the same day, even 2 hours before a job and expect you to attend...sorry life isn't like that!

Wages are the bare minimum they can get away with and you have to buy your own uniform. One 15 minute break every five hours is not sufficient after counting laboriously hour after hour.

Avoid at all costs of you can.
Suicidal Job!!
Stocktaker (Current Employee), Birmingham UKOctober 28, 2013
Pros: travel?
Cons: short breaks, pay, management, supervisors, shifts, everything
Well I joined Orridge thinking I'd make some extra cash on the side, I did but it came at a price, a PAINFUL price. So I went to my 1st shift which was at a huge Morrisons in Nottingham (im from Birmingham). So we arrived there and they asked who's 1st shift it was, and I said me. So they took me and some other fellow new starters to the warehouse, the warehouse was split into small sections, each section had like 100+ items, we had to scan each one individually as the supervisor said. It was hell, I had to pick up and scan heavy items, take them out from where they were and put it on the floor, after completing scanning it all the supervisor told me to put it all back to how it was!! ALONE!! FOR MY 1ST SHIFT, While she stood there looking at us. Through the whole day we got a 15 minute break, we worked for a miserable 12 hours!! The supervisors look down on you, they talk to you like dirt, like they're better than you. The pay is £5.50 for under 21, 21 and over is £6.10/6.20. So the whole day was horrid, and at the end of the day we were sent outside the building to wait for the coach, which they did not phone, they did not have the number for the coach. So we waited over an hour , middle of the night in the cold as the supervisors drove off home as soon as their shift finished.
Worst company ever!!
Yesterday one of the supervisors called me and asked if I could work a shift in 2 days, I simply said no I cant work this week, I have training elsewhere, the man said ok then and hung up....the next day I get a text saying I've been put up for the job and I have to meet them at – more... 5:30 in the morning!! Seriously, do they not listen? I said I cant work!
And last thing, if you work in Birmingham they ask you to meet in Aston, by the Tesco. Why on Earth would you meet in a random area, surely it'll be easier for everyone to meet near the city centre. But no, they meet right next to the Supervisors house, pure stupid!

Avoid this company at any cost, the long hours are not worth it, the hours are not fixed, for all you know you can work for over 12 hours and they wouldn't tell you before hand. Cr*ppy management, cr*ppy pay, they treat you like cr*p. AVOID!! I'm not only speaking on my behalf but amongst other Orridge employees that I know. – less

ORRIDGE Salaries