Orrstown Bank Employee Reviews

Teller / CSR
Teller/CSR (Current Employee) –  Carlisle, PAApril 22, 2017
A typical day working in the finical intuition to where you are handling transaction, opening account, and now to include telemarketing sales. You management is ok but is not best to work for. The culture of the work environment is great is like a family except for certain idv.
Pros
free account, with free checks
Cons
low wages, more hours then usal
Poor Retail Mangement
Branch Manager (Former Employee) –  PennsylvaniaMarch 16, 2017
The mid level and senior level retail management in poor. Do not except your manager to provide you with feedback. If you try to reach out to one of your superiors with a question, whether by email or phone call, they will not even bother responding to you. When it come time for your annual review do not expect to have a one on one meeting or receive any constructive feedback, they will simply send you your review to go over by yourself and accept. It is very clicky. If you are not best friends with senior management don't expect them to have your back.
Pros
Good technology for a small bank
Cons
Poor staffing, lack of guidance, and poor communication.
Teller/CSR
Teller/CSR (Current Employee) –  Franklin County, PAFebruary 13, 2017
I enjoy working for Orrstown Bank. Its a great company that rewards you well you don't mind working hard and putting your best effort forward. Orrstown is not the place for individuals who are not team players and negative attitudes. I enjoy working for a growing bank, it makes the job interesting. We have a great culture and ethical, honest, upfront people.
Pros
Generous employee referral sales programs, great co-workers.
Cons
More employees needed on both operational and retail sides of the bank.
Growing, Progressive, Fun and Community focused institution
Manager (Current Employee) –  Harrisburg, PADecember 23, 2016
Orrstown Bank is pushing hard to be one of the most prolific and engaging organizations to work within – not only in the tri-state, but across the Banking sector. From Day One at the bank you will be surrounded by smart folks, who have a desire to continuously improve the place and serve the Bank’s customers.

From video collaboration units across the Bank’s offices, to new age rooms, and open floor seating – it is a place that I enjoy working. Most importantly, the team takes my input, values my projects and ideas and allows me to run autonomously. Banking is generally a very competitive business – and Orrstown won’t apologize for its effort to win. Be prepared for this culture – but you will likely learn a tremendous amount and be rewarded for your efforts.
Pros
Growing, strong management team, competitive
Cons
Banking is a hard business, long hours, and often a high bar
Mature bank with a young attitude
Vice President - Relationship Manager (Former Employee) –  Lancaster, PAJanuary 25, 2016
I enjoy the hunt for new business opportunity. I love working with businesses and the business owner on helping their dreams come true. Being a part of something that contributes to the community is very rewarding for me.
Pros
good marketing and exposure
Cons
small community bank pricing model
Orrstown Bank
Customer Service Representative II (Current Employee) –  Carlisle, PAJuly 20, 2015
Great company that took a chance on me and has developed my banking experience. All levels of management and co-workers are very friendly to the point that they feel like family rather than co-workers.
Pros
unlimited growth opportunities if you want it.
Customer focused
CSR, teller, backup headteller (Current Employee) –  PAJune 9, 2015
Orrstown has provided me with excellent skills that will be useful throughout my professional life. It provided coworkers that I could connect with and enjoy at work and away as well.
Active with lots of interactions with loan officers, title companies
Mortgage Specialist (Current Employee) –  Chambersburg, PAJune 2, 2015
Love what I do - but would like to move at a slower pace as we start to reach our Senior years. Would like to work for County, City or Gov't agency
knowledgeable staff, friendly place to work.
A.V.P. - Loss Mitigation Dept. (Former Employee) –  Chambersburg, PAMay 7, 2015
Orrstown Bank is a very fast pace work environment with a friendly staff. It is very community oriented with generous donations made by the staff for various community agencies and fundraisers. The hardest part of the job was keeping apprised of the current regulations/laws of the secondary market mortgages. The most enjoyable part of the job was getting the respect from my supervisor and acknowledgement for doing a good job.
Pros
clean workplace, friendly co-workers, good health care benefits
Cons
poor dental and eye benefits
smaller bank with limited access to direct management. My clients overlapped with SR VP of CRE
V.P. Commercial Relationship Manager (Former Employee) –  Mechanicsburg PaApril 13, 2015

Called on new clients, tried to get new clients into bank that already had relationships with local banks. Orrstown didn't have any brnach representation in the East shore area at all. No branches in Harrisburg or Hershey Area.

Other lenders were easy to work with. Hardest part : creating awareness of Orrstown Bank, some clients didn't hear of it, had a reputation with the federal consent order, that was only recently lifted.
Pros
Good interest rates
Cons
Very limited branch representation in larger Central PA Markets
Too much change
Teller/Customer Service Rep (Current Employee) –  Camp Hill, PAJanuary 30, 2015
New programming that half the associates aren't trained on.
New sales goals and expectations
Very expensive health insurance
Work 6 days every other week
Very very old machinery that usually doesn't work
Not enough training. Very much just thrown into the job, then when you call for help, the experienced employees are operating on the program from the 80s that I wasn't trained on. This looks terrible to the customers when we're calling for help every 15mins because we were never shown how to do what the customer needs.

Co-workers are great! But everyone leading the company is doing too much at once and scaring off employees.
Pros
Good Pay
Cons
Expensive health care, problems with training/programming
Copmany is a good company
Special Assets Portfolio Manager (Current Employee) –  Chambersburg, PADecember 6, 2014
The bank was a good starting point for a banking career. Started in the management training program and worked way up to business development.
A Fast-growing company with something for everyone
Project management Director (Current Employee) –  Chambersburg, PAOctober 17, 2014
Orrstown Bank is poised for significant growth in 2015 and beyond. The revamped senior management team, an aggressive technology focused drive and the familial Community bank feel is just the perfect balance for any one who is either looking for an exciting role to grow into or someone who would like to work for a company full of energy yet full of that 'personal touch' experience that can only be found in community organizations.

Complete fun to be here. Every day you will learn something new. The management team is very supportive and appreciates hunger for knowledge and drive for perfection.

It is not for you if you need a 9-5 bank job. This bank is growing and needs people who are excited with growth and the challenges it bring to the workforce.
Pros
Supportive Management team, complete transperency
Cons
Beware of Wolf in Sheeps Clothing.
AVP Credit Administration Loan Portfolio Officer (Former Employee) –  Chambersburg, PAJuly 10, 2014
Operations side of this Bank was a joke. No management, no focus, everyone for them self. Communication from management to officers none. Left hand didn't know what the right hand was doing. Worst financial Institution I ever worked in. And yes they will make you work nights and weekends just to keep your job.
Pros
Bank does have some good people.
Cons
Management - It's a joke.
Highly productive environment
Operations Manager for eBanking (Current Employee) –  Chambersburg, PaMay 27, 2014
Manage deployment of new technology/mobile banking products; test, deploy, promote. Manage fleet of ATM's. Manage operational risks and processing within regulation guidelines. Educate peers and staff on ACH, Wire, Online Banking, Mobile Banking, Fraud linked to Reg E, ATM Card Portfolio. Mentor staff, promote positive environment while driving a highly productive environment.
Pros
Restoring a bank that was taken over by FED, drive the bank back into 6 quarters of profit, and release of the FED.
Cons
Work 24/7
Nice work environment
Teller/Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Spring Run, PAApril 9, 2014
Days would go by smoothly and if i had any questions my co workers who have been there many years had no problem helping me out.
Nice place to work
Teller (Former Employee) –  Shippensburg,PaOctober 15, 2013
Was a good place to work, I was in an auto accident and had to leave due to being off work for recovering. It was a nice environment and I liked going to the different offices to help.
A good company that is adjusting from a small community bank to a regional bank
Mortgage Loan closer (Former Employee) –  Chambersburg, PASeptember 12, 2013
This company is having to adjust to the new compliance issues and cleaning up their portfolio to meet new government requirements. They provide good start up training and are expanding in this area.
Depending on the department you are in, additional training was available. At the time I was there, the Senior Vice President of Operations was instrumental in getting needed equipement, supplies and anything else that you may need. I believe she was fighting an up hill battle against the established executive management. She really valued she employees and made that know to you. Something I highly value that in management.

I was very fortunate to have come at the time of rebuilding in the Mortgage lending department. A new mortgage system was installed and I had the ability to help set up the system and make sure that all necessary closing issues were in place and functioned properly. I helped establish closing procedures, checklists, training material for the training department. The deparment manager is a highly knowledgeable and I learned a lot from her. However, I felt that she sometimes created a stressful environment and did show favorites which created a difficult situation on occassion.
Pros
great health benefits, quarterly parties to help a charity, great learning experience
Cons
excess overtime, usually 60 hour weeks twice a month.
Good place
Pool Teller (Former Employee) –  Mechanicsburg PAOctober 10, 2012
Very friendly environment. The money is not great and the job is a little boring but some people do enjoy it.
Pros
great people, good place to work for.
Cons
pay was not the best