Orscheln Farm and Home

Orscheln Farm and Home Employer Reviews

Agricultural learning always available and comfortable environment.
Cashier (Former Employee), Louisburg, KSSeptember 17, 2014
Main duties as a cashier were: working the register, helping customers with questions and problems, stocking products while checking for expiration dates or damaged packages, calling customers and informing them of their received orders, updating labels and relabeling closeout inventory items. I have learned how to properly handle irritated customers, proper inventory receiving, how to properly dicard damaged and non-sellable items, and how to advertise or display products to quickly sell. Although my position was only a cashier, whenever the managers were not present or dealing with another customer, I was the first cashier other cashiers directed questions or customers to. The hardest part was that most of the time the managers were not very prompt in answering questions or handling situations so I would do my best to get things done in a more timely fashion to resolve the tasks at hand. Although that was hard at times when I had limited control to manager duties, the most enjoyable part was interacting with customers and informing them of certain products we offered and pointing them in the right direction for their needs. I also enjoyed learning about individual products or the companies of the products we carried.
Poor managment of people to work with at company
Sales Cashier (Former Employee), Manhattan, KansasJune 6, 2014
Pros: job and hours and schedule fit my lifestyle.
Cons: no breaks, violations, no customer service, no training, no teamwork, intimidation by other employees and management allowing unlawful workplace violations, unsafe workplace area.
A typical day at Orschelns was arriving at the store in the morning to open as cashier, sometimes arriving where store employees allowed people to shop in the store before opening hours, low employee moral, complaining of taking care of the animals and cleaning them, no customer service when needing a carry out for a customer, items hung unsafely, employees bullying and intimidating you to not say anything of a illegal being employed at the store yet they told customers, no communication, no breaks, no one covering shift and asking to come back on lunch early when never gotten a break and barely a lunch, I gave great customer service and have a excellent history of giving quality customer service and no training, osha violations, this was a typical day on the job--I learned that caring for a co-worker and related laws are more important than money as well as a lesson for life, that management style at Orschelns with the people that I worked with are such that they did not care at all about the business, safety standards, and employee relations as well as me as a new employee at all. My co-workers got away with alot and there was no discipline at all, and alot of times management was not around at all, running the cash register and asking for help when people standing there are eating a donut and choosing to do that over helping a customer that and no teamwork, no communication at all was the hardest part of the job. The most enjoyable part of the job was the fact that I seen people whom I knew at my other job and reconnected with them and the customers were nicer to me than – more... the employees of Orschelns. This really surprised me knowing that these were older people however, the more I worked there the more that I realized that these people wanted to disregard the law and safety of other employees and such. There was racial discrimination among the employees and racial remarks regarding the illegal worker, the manager mentioned to me in hiring that the store reported a loss prevention of 128,000 dollars last year and they cant account for it so how is this my problem when workplace violations and disregard for safety and such are going on in the workplace? No, lockers, no breakroom, no privacy, at all. You take a break of lunch in the managers office which is a closet of junk! Told manager of the problems and she did not do anything siting that she was retiring next year so what happened to the store was not her problem and she then told me of her health. The most enjoyable part of the job knowing that people told me to leave the job and didnt realize how the place still stayed in business and gave me great customer services reviews!!! And told me I made a difference over there! – less
Enjoyable Job
Cashier (Former Employee), Duncan, OKMay 9, 2014
Pros: decent pay, flexible hours
Cons: not always enough help
Great place to work, decent pay for just a job, they do fair evaluations and raises, also my co workers were outstanding!
Most of the co workers where great people to work with.
Assistant Manager (Former Employee), Ottumwa, IAApril 21, 2014
Pros: friendly co workers and customers
Cons: managment and not enough days off
The manager I had when I worked there was very unorganized with anything that he did. It was very hard to advance in the job because the manager kept hiring people for the position that I wanted. The only good part about this job was meeting the customers everyday and getting to work with my co workers. I worked way to many hours for not enough pay. At one point in time worked over 2 weeks without a day off.
Productive Work Place
Department Head Receiving (Current Employee), Colby,KSFebruary 24, 2014
I enjoy the people that I work with. It is a good environment.
A productive day
Sales Associate/Clerk (Current Employee), Radcliff, KYJanuary 19, 2014
Its a great job. Just needing more hours, I don't receive that many hours that can benefit me. I honestly have great days at Orscheln. My co workers are some times nice.
fun place to work at
Associate (Former Employee), Oklahoma City, OKJanuary 17, 2014
Pros: fun friendly customers
Cons: didnt pay well
lots of interaction with customers and associates fun helping customers with finding items and learning more about the kind of people shopping in the store
Wonderful hardware cashier position
Retail Associate (Former Employee), Lincoln, NEJanuary 15, 2014
Greeting and helping customers find products for their home and farm, including clothing and pet supplies. Lots of standing, cleaning and stocking. Very enjoyable to help people. Co-workers were always very helpful and friendly. The most enjoyable part of the job was giving customer service with a smile.
Unpleasant place to be at anytime
General Manager (Former Employee), Falls City, NENovember 27, 2013
Pros: plenty of stuff to do
Cons: very little help
Worst place I have ever worked. Open 7-7. Management was never satisfied and change their minds half way through a product.
Good Environment
Cashier (Former Employee), Ada, OKSeptember 16, 2013
Spent most of my time behind the register but enjoyed building relationships with the customers. Long hours standing on my feet but just a fun place to work.
grate
cashier I (Former Employee), Louisburg, KSJuly 12, 2013
Pros: everything
Cons: nothing
loving place that makes you feel like you are part of the family
ok benefits you get 10% off but hey who could not use that
far, always willing to awnser all your questions
grate job for a person just starting or someone who has been in the job market for a wile
Fine place to work
Store Manager (Current Employee), Republic, MOOctober 30, 2012
I have grown as an individual and as a professional while working here. I truly enjoy the customer interaction and my team of associates is the best. District managers are fine, COO is fine, VP is fine.
Nice Employees
Retail Sales (Current Employee), Cameron, MOJune 25, 2012
Cameron store has nice employees and a good knowledgeable work staff
I enjoyed assisting customers.
Assistant Manger (Former Employee), Parsons, KSMay 3, 2012
I liked working for this company. I was very active during the work shift.
Great customers, and fun job
Cashier/Key Lead (Former Employee), Madison, INApril 10, 2012
Pros: good hours
Cons: couldnt keep a store manager very long
Opening and closing store. Managing employees. Running regiser. Doing plan o grams. The management was good. The hardest park of the job was lifting heavy stuff.
Good job security
Department Manager (Current Employee), Lawrenceburg, INMarch 18, 2012
Pros: works around most schedules
Cons: not enough money
Great place to work with nice people. Customers are always fun to deal with. You get a chance to work outside or inside depending on weather and coverage on sales floor.

About Orscheln Farm and Home

Orscheln Farm and Home supplies agricultural goods for farm, home, ranch, and suburban┬ácustomers through its 150 retail stores – Read more