Providing Jacksonville's communities with a comprehensive range of home health care services within the comfort of the patient’s home. Ortho Home Health Care is a full-service Home Health Agency specializing in providing nursing and rehabilitative services in all seven counties. The office is located just a few blocks from beautiful Jacksonville Beach and takes pride in supporting patient recovery from illness or injury within their home environment. Working at Ortho Home Health Care can help you create the dynamic career you've always wanted while enjoying greater work-life balance. Employees enjoy the flexibility of scheduling their appointment times and ease of charting through use of electronic medical records reducing mileage to and from the office and making submitting paperwork a breeze.
We are seeking qualified compassionate nurses who have a heart for patient care and strong clinical foundation. If you are passionate about community based practice and the home care delivery model look no further. Please contact us for more information about the position.
Provides for patient needs as determined through completion of comprehensive assessments, individualized care planning, treatment and education. Coordinates and ensures patient needs are met through effective care planning and coordination with physicians and patient families.
Registered Nurse (RN)
A Registered Nurse administers skilled nursing care to patients on an intermittent basis in their place of residence. This is performed in accordance with physician orders and plan of care under the direction and supervision of the Director of Clinical Services/Nursing Supervisor.
1. Graduate of an approved school of professional nursing and currently licensed in the state(s) in which practicing.
2. Two (2) years nursing experience, preferred.
3. Acceptance of philosophy and goals of this Agency.
4. Ability to exercise initiative and independent judgment.
5. Must have at least one year home health experience.
1. Provides services in accordance with the plan of care.
2. Makes the initial evaluation visit and regularly reevaluates the patient’s nursing needs.
3. Initiates the plan of care and necessary revisions.
4. Provides those services requiring substantial specialized nursing skills.
5. Initiates appropriate preventive and rehabilitative nursing procedures.
6. Prepares clinical and progress notes for each patient visit and summaries of care conferences on his/her patients in a timely manner as per Agency policy.
7. Coordinates services.
8. Informs personnel of changes in the condition and needs of the patient.
9. Counsels the patient and family/significant others in meeting nursing and related needs.
10. Participates in and presents inservice programs.
11. Understands and adheres to established Agency policies and procedures.
12. Processes orders and notifies physician of patient needs and changes in condition. Completes certification/recertification orders and discharge summaries.
13. Determines the amount and type of nursing needed by each individual patient.
14. Refers to Physical Therapist, Speech Language Pathologist, Occupational Therapist and Medical Social Worker those patients requiring their specialized skills.
15. Supervises and teaches other nursing personnel.
16. Conducts patient care conferences on patients assigned to his/her care.
17. Participates in peer review and performance improvement as assigned.
18. Participates in utilization review of medical records as assigned.
19. Gives total patient care as needed.
20. Completes and submits OASIS assessments, reassessments, transfers, resumptions of care, discharges and significant change in condition in accordance with Agency defined time frames.
Works indoors in Agency office and patient homes and travels to/from patient homes.