OrthoCarolina

OrthoCarolina Employer Reviews

Productive and fun work environment.
Student Medical Assistant (Former Employee), Charlotte, NCAugust 30, 2014
I really enjoyed my time being able to learn at OrthoCarolina. It was definitely a great learning experience. And the people were great. I didn't want to leave!!
Well organized
Patient Service Specialist (Current Employee), Charlotte, NCJuly 24, 2014
Great place to work, but minimal opportunities for advancement
coding assitant I
Coding Assistant I (Current Employee), Charlotte, NCJuly 20, 2014
Pros: obtain busy daily work schedule
Cons: need extra help
complete daily post charges ,collect operative notes for coders to define procedures daily ar log and scan batchs.very busy departmnet demands from coders and doctors.it feels like your day is complete.
Great Healthcare Environment
MRI Technologist, PT Radiologic Technologist (Current Employee), Charlotte, NCMarch 30, 2014
Great place to work and spectacular care given to all patients. Great management and super co-workers make every single day a pleasure to work there.
Good Company to work for and good atmosphere
Supervisor (Former Employee), Charlotte, NCMarch 9, 2014
This is a good company to work for that really cares about its employees.
Fun group of people, family oriented
Team Lead (Patient Service Specialist) (Former Employee), Charlotte NCJanuary 23, 2014
Each day I provide leadership to a staff of 4 team members. Working in a physical therapy department you have the opportunity to see progressive in therapy. I enjoy to encourage patients to keep a positive mind set. My co-workers are like family because we work in a close setting with each other 40 hours a week. One of the most enjoyable parts of the – more... job is we celebrate a variety of occasions. ex: birthdays, weddings, baby showers. etc. – less
Extremely high volume practice
Patient Services Coordinator (Current Employee), Charlotte, NCNovember 11, 2013
There are certain aspects of this job that are enjoyable. However the employees are overworked as the turnover is high. This understaffing makes it not very enjoyable.
Fast paced and focused
Patient Service Coordinator (Former Employee), Charlotte,NCSeptember 29, 2013
Pros: helpful coworkers
Cons: cost of healthcare, inflexibility of schedule
The typical day starts with incoming calls from patients needing to schedule or reschedule doctor appointments. The day is very fast paced and every caller has a different concern that needs to be addressed. The hardest part of the job is becoming familiar with all of the doctors, PAs,and their nurses. Every doctor has different preferences that have – more... to be followed. The most enjoyable part of the job is the self gratification of knowing the patients have been assisted. – less
goog
Patient service specialist (Former Employee), Charlotte, NCAugust 29, 2013
the working environment is relaxing and great to work in, the company provides great leadership and team that all work together to help patients receive the best care and attention.
Fast paced environment
License Physical Therapist Assistant (Current Employee), Charlotte, NCApril 18, 2013
Pros: direct access to the orthopedic surgeons, physician assistants and nurses
Cons: limited one on one time with patients
Faced paced environment that requires excellent time management skills
Work in teams but good office dynamics overall
Very efficient and productive
PTA (Current Employee), Charlotte, NCApril 6, 2013
Pros: working with many specilized pt's
Cons: charts system is difficulty when working with diffrent pt's.
I see 10-12 pt a day. Working with many specilized PT's is great because I learn many manual techniques. My co-worker are great. Hardest part of my job is finding charts and refliling. The most enjoyable partof my job working with patients.
Fast and exciting place to work at.
Medical Assistant (Former Employee), Randolph Rd, Charlotte,February 13, 2013
Pros: make the work day go by quick.
Cons: fast pace environment.
I did my externship there. Management and staff was very helpful and nice. I learned a lot. I would loved to work there someday.
great place to work for
Post-Surgical Sales Representative (Former Employee), Charlotte, NCJanuary 11, 2013
excellent management
great company
great benefits
not much room for advancement with payment advances
Started off good but then went bad
Patient Services Specialist (Former Employee), Charlotte, NCOctober 15, 2012
Pros: free lunches
Cons: no breaks, pay and the people
I liked most of the people that worked there. But management was BAD!!! no care for patients or employee's. They are all about the money i am sure before they got big they cared but they don't anymore. I was also fired as many on false pretenses.
Up tight work environment... sense company take over
Clinical/ Administrative Duties (Former Employee), Hickory NCAugust 28, 2012
Cons: no breaks, short lunches, travel to different offices, uncaring personal
Fast paced days, with no breaks and sometimes only 30 minutes for lunch...No comment about management, they didn't manage. The co-workers were vindictive and unlikable. And the hardest part of the job was trying to get others to help you "especially when your new". The most enjoyable part of the job was getting paid!
nice place, good environment, learned a lot of things from surgeons.
Software Engineer Co-op (Current Employee), Charlotte, NCJuly 9, 2012
nice place, good environment, learned a lot of things from surgeons.
OrthoCarolina is a wonderful company to work for.
Post Surgical Manager (Current Employee), Charlotte, NCMay 29, 2012
I enjoy working for OrthoCarolina, it is a wonderful organization to gain experience within the healthcare field.
Started as a good company but has gone down hill since the merger.
Patient Services Specialist (Former Employee), Charlotte, NCMay 11, 2012
This company was great to work for until the big OrthoCarolina merger. From then on it began to be all about money and not patient or employee satisfaction. There was a lot of back stabbing, underhanded situations, and false accusations that went on while I worked there. I was fired on false pretenses as well as many other people being done the same – more... way. I am not trying to spread false information, I am just telling about my experience. After the different negative experiences I have been put through, I can PROMISE that OrthoCarolina is the LAST place you will ever see me for myself or any of my family members! – less
Great company
Workers Compensation Insurance Representative (Former Employee), Charlotte, NCMarch 28, 2012
This is a great place to work. The staff and employees are nice people.