OrthoCarolina Employee Reviews

Fun place towork, organized, very productive
Surgery Scheduler Team Lead (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, NCOctober 26, 2015
A typical day was scheduling surgeries for three hand doctors and verifying benefits for surgeries. Supervised four other surgery schedulers.

I learned how to create a policy and procedure manual for surgery schedulers.

Management was okay. They could have been a little more involved in day to day activities.

My co-workers were awesome and easy to get along with. Alot of teamwork

The hardest part of my job was trying to keep up with my work and supervising four other employees

Working with patients and physicians and the different hospitals.
Pros
very laid back office
Cons
not enough supervisor envolvement
Enjoyed my co-workers
Medical Transcriptionist (Former Employee) –  Concord, NCOctober 18, 2015
To much work expected for the number of employees, Understaffing is making for quick burn out and high turn over rate and poor family life. You are so tired at the end of the day, you have nothing left to give ou family
Pros
Loved doing transcription
Cons
I arrive patients by verifying their identification,insurances and confirming their completion of online forms. I collect co-pay,coinsurance,deducible
Patient Services Specialist (Current Employee) –  Matthews N CSeptember 14, 2015
Orthocarolina is a very busy orthopedic practice. The hardest part of the job and yet the most enjoyable part are the patients themselves. Orthocarolina can be a very upbeat atmosphere with many challenges that demand your attention to detail.
Cons
Haphazard management at times
High level of orthopedic medical care
Athletic Trainer (Current Employee) –  Charlotte, NCSeptember 11, 2015
I learned a great deal starting out at a new job fresh out of college. I had a unique work schedule with clinical rehab as well as sports outreach.
Large Growing Company
Patient Services Specialist (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, NCSeptember 5, 2015
OrthoCarolina has many talented physicians, physician assistants, surgeons, and physical therapists employed there. At present, the company is dealing with a lot of change within the administrative and business office side which can lead to lack of effective leadership in particular locations. In our location, there tended to be a lack of "fair" investigatory problem solving for employees when problems arise with new management as well as retaliatory actions taken when complaints voiced.
OrthoCarolina has lost many long time employees due to new policy but I feel they do have the ability to get back on track because of the talented providers that genuinely care about helping the patients.
Pros
Access to talented providers
Cons
pay rate/high cost of employees portion of benefits/lack of communication
Overall great company but bad management.
Certified Medical Assistant (Former Employee) –  Shelby, NCJune 4, 2015
Management role was terrible in this location. I do not recommend this office to anyone. Most drama filled office due to poor management skills.
Pros
Staff and benefits
Cons
Manager
Very busy practice, high high work volumes
Admin (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, NCApril 19, 2015
The doctors are great and caring. Very high work volumes for admin and clinical and fast paced. The pay ranges for roles are not disclosed to employees so you never know what your max is in a role. Some opportunity for upward advancement, more lateral moves.
fun workplace
Internship (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, NCApril 8, 2015
OrthoCarolina Sports Performance is a sports training facility, also combined with a physical therapy center, for all athletes to improve their athleticism by changing directions more efficiently, balance, explosiveness, flexibility, and motor skill development.
• Helped lead athletes through different exercises that involved work capacity drills, agility ladders, strength workouts, etc.
• Learned mechanics of running
• Helped with some physical therapy sessions to help athletes/non-athletes rehabilitate from injury
Good Pay, Terrible Management
Lead RN (Current Employee) –  Hickory, NCApril 7, 2015
The pay at OrthoCarolina is great but the fact that my child is expected to come second to my job is not excusable. The doctors often get angry and take it out on the staff. There is extreme favortism and people who aren't certified are elevated above those who are with no consideration to experience or tenure.
Pros
Great Pay
Cons
Employees Don't Matter
Very productive
Medical Assistant Externship (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, NCMarch 25, 2015
While doing my internship I learned to remove sutures and staples. I also called patients back and got their vital signs and a chief complaint. The employees are very helpful and always giving a helping hand. Being an intern heir was a great experience.
Pros
The employees made you feel likeyou were actually part of the team.
Cons
The physicians didnt really help with learning the techniques.

Want to know more about OrthoCarolina?

Ask a question
I miss them Already
Patient Services Specialist (Former Employee) –  CharlotteDecember 2, 2014
Working for Orthocarolina was great! I really hate that I had to leave due to relocation. Great work environment as well as management. I will take a lot of experience from my short stint there. I wish them all the best. They have been in the top 5 Best Places to work a lot and I see why.
Productive and fun work environment.
Student Medical Assistant (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, NCAugust 30, 2014
I really enjoyed my time being able to learn at OrthoCarolina. It was definitely a great learning experience. And the people were great. I didn't want to leave!!
Well organized
Patient Service Specialist (Current Employee) –  Charlotte, NCJuly 24, 2014
Great place to work, but minimal opportunities for advancement
coding assitant I
Coding Assistant I (Current Employee) –  Charlotte, NCJuly 20, 2014
complete daily post charges ,collect operative notes for coders to define procedures daily ar log and scan batchs.very busy departmnet demands from coders and doctors.it feels like your day is complete.
Pros
obtain busy daily work schedule
Cons
need extra help
Great Healthcare Environment
MRI Technologist, PT Radiologic Technologist (Current Employee) –  Charlotte, NCMarch 30, 2014
Great place to work and spectacular care given to all patients. Great management and super co-workers make every single day a pleasure to work there.
Good Company to work for and good atmosphere
Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, NCMarch 9, 2014
This is a good company to work for that really cares about its employees.
Fun group of people, family oriented
Team Lead (Patient Service Specialist) (Former Employee) –  Charlotte NCJanuary 23, 2014
Each day I provide leadership to a staff of 4 team members. Working in a physical therapy department you have the opportunity to see progressive in therapy. I enjoy to encourage patients to keep a positive mind set. My co-workers are like family because we work in a close setting with each other 40 hours a week. One of the most enjoyable parts of the job is we celebrate a variety of occasions. ex: birthdays, weddings, baby showers. etc.
Extremely high volume practice
Patient Services Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Charlotte, NCNovember 11, 2013
There are certain aspects of this job that are enjoyable. However the employees are overworked as the turnover is high. This understaffing makes it not very enjoyable.
Fast paced and focused
Patient Service Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Charlotte,NCSeptember 29, 2013
The typical day starts with incoming calls from patients needing to schedule or reschedule doctor appointments. The day is very fast paced and every caller has a different concern that needs to be addressed. The hardest part of the job is becoming familiar with all of the doctors, PAs,and their nurses. Every doctor has different preferences that have to be followed. The most enjoyable part of the job is the self gratification of knowing the patients have been assisted.
Pros
helpful coworkers
Cons
cost of healthcare, inflexibility of schedule
goog
Patient service specialist (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, NCAugust 29, 2013
the working environment is relaxing and great to work in, the company provides great leadership and team that all work together to help patients receive the best care and attention.