OrthoIndy Employee Reviews

Great employees and good pay
In House Dispensary Manager (Former Employee) –  Greenwood, INJanuary 29, 2016
My typical day at OrthoIndy varied as I had 2 roles. They were both very patient oriented roles as one was scheduling return visits and scheduling tests and the other concerned dispensing medication. Management was from 2 different companies. OrthoIndy management was mostly fair and impartial and I enjoyed working with them. My other manager was mostly contacted via phone call and visited the site to see me once a month or so. I really enjoyed everyone I worked with and got along great. I also made some friends that I still talk to and see from time to time outside of professional roles. The part I liked the most was the patient interaction. Creating that connection in a short amount of time was something I excelled at and took pride in. It always feels good when a patient remembers your name and takes a few minutes to talk with you. It lets you know you made a positive impact in someone's life.
Pros
Patient interaction, friendly atmosphere, comfortable attire (scrubs), some flexibility with schedule. Good pay.
Cons
Some downtime can be a little boring
Family-like work environment, great people
Surgery Coordinator (Former Employee) –  IndianapolisMay 19, 2015
Overall, OrthoIndy is a great place to work at. Most of the physicians are down to earth and care about their support staff. It truly feels like a family when you work there. The only down side of OrthoIndy, is that management is extremely ineffective and some are not very knowledgeable of their position. It's frustrating as an employee who has been with the company several years to see this continue.
The most enjoyable part of the job was the doctors themselves. They are great surgeons, care about their patients, and appreciate their staff and let us know it often.
Pros
Family atmosphere, physicians, co-workers
Cons
ineffective management
Productive very fast paced
Intake Clerk (Current Employee) –  Indianapolis, INSeptember 17, 2014
It's very busy some days one day a week slow depending on what side of the clinic you work. Staff is very friendly and I have rotating hours which can be good sometimes. However, PRN is not always good when you are wanting benefits.
Pros
don't have to work all day
Cons
no benefits if not full time but they work you full time hours
Management needs training
Payroll Specialist (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INAugust 18, 2014
Management does not seem to be able to differentiate between personal feelings and work competency. Total disregard for worker satisfaction.
Pros
Flex schedule
Cons
Department Director
Medical Assistant Team Leader (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INJuly 10, 2014
It's been awhile since I worked there, but the co-workers were extremely nice and helpful. Everybody worked as a team, including the doctors. Good place to work.
Good company to work for.
Radiologic Technologist (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INMay 9, 2014
Very busy schedule. Physicians were accessible. Learned a lot about specialized projections.
Pros
Stable job
Cons
Was not ever able to sit down.
Good work enviroment
Disability and Release of Information Specialist (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INApril 15, 2014
Enjoyed working there.Moved up fairly quickly in the company.
Pros
Great doctors
Cons
This is what I went to school to do/to be a medical assistant
Coordinator of OR Rooms (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, IndianaNovember 6, 2013
I really enjoyed this job, had a lot of variety and their was never a dull moment. When I finally came back from Florida after being gone for 10 years, no one would hire me back into the medical field. This is sad because I really like this type of work.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at OrthoIndy. Our community is ready to answer.

4.3