Orthopaedic Associates Employee Reviews

A little too micro-managed
Surgical Specialist Billing (Former Employee) –  Fort Walton Beach, FLAugust 5, 2017
Not real room for advancement, I guess is a good sign though, a lot of life timers.
Great doctors, good people all in all. basically like family, solid atmosphre.
Productive and fun place to work
Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Louisville, KYJuly 30, 2017
This was a wonderful opportunity to begin my journey into healthcare office administrative support staff. I had a fabulous supervisor who really took me under her wing at just 19 and taught me how to be a great leader. She knew that I had potential for more and saw to it that I had ever opportunity to expand my knowledge and cross-train me in many different areas. This has been a useful tool throughout my career.
Great, caring surgeons office
File clerk, check-in/check-out secretary (Former Employee) –  Montgomery, ALJuly 7, 2017
It is a very high paced orthopaedic surgeons office, so I had to constantly multi-task. The hardest part of the job was the stress level and the most enjoyable was working for a group of caring, thoughtful doctors and working with such a great staff.
Pros
Free meals, treats and a great salary
Cons
The high stress level
Fast growing business, Great Benefits, workplace culture needs improvement
Intake Representative (Former Employee) –  All locationsJuly 6, 2017
Most all employees had to float through the different locations. The office flow could be really busy or super slow depending on the location and day of the week. Seeing different co-workers each day was somewhat nice. It was hard to get to know everyone due to that though. Management were just as busy gossiping as everyone else. It made it hard to know what changes were affecting what departments. Most communication was done through emails or by phone. Hardest part of the job was lack of communication about daily changes in tasks between departments and in general between management/employees.
Pros
Benefits, change of pace and scenery
Cons
Lack of communication between departments, emails, emails, emails
Orthopedic Office with a great, loving and experienced staff
Medical Office Assistant (Former Employee) –  College Station, TXFebruary 21, 2017
My day included rooming patients, obtaining vitals, assisting clinical staff and helping with volunteers. My job was to basically keep the flow of patients running smoothly and float to areas needing help or assistance. The amount of experience and knowledge I gathered from this job is invaluable. There was always an opportunity to learn, whether it was how to take a certain xray, put on a cast or spint, identify abnormalities on an xray, or treatment for certain orthopedic ailments.
Busy Office
PATIENT RUNNER & FLOATER (Former Employee) –  Towson, MDFebruary 7, 2017
This clinic was busy which I enjoyed because the time went by quickly. The other coworkers were nice and helpful. I'm grateful for all the things I was able to learn here.
Great contract company to work for - great doctors
Physical Therapist Assistant (Current Employee) –  Avon, OHAugust 12, 2016
It's very rewarding to help people get back to their daily lives and jobs and to be able to return to doing things they didn't think they could. Getting to meet and get to know a wide variety of people. I have the ability to touch someone's life in a positive manner and they in-turn have touched mine. I've learned so many life lessons from my patients. The hardest part of the job is the paperwork and treating a high volume of people every day. There isn't a lot of positive feedback from my parent company, however being contracted by Orthopaedic Associate's has been a wonderful experience.
Pros
Working with wide variety of ages and diagoses, and great co-workers
Cons
Low salary, long hours for paperwork without being paid
Very Fast Paced work enviornment
Front Desk Receptionist (Former Employee) –  18885 Katy Fwy Houston, TX 77094July 14, 2016
Fast paced Orthopaedic practice. Answer phones and schedule appointments, check patient's in and check them out in a timely manner. I learned a lot about Orthopaedics. The hardest part of the job was making sure all of the ICD 10 codes were correctly entered before the superbill went to the billing dept. The easiest part of the job was checking the patient's in, and putting up their chart.
Pros
Free lunches from reps
Cons
30 min lunch breaks
Good place to work and learn
Front Desk Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXJune 30, 2016
It is a good place to learn but not to stay long term. There is no management. Great group of people to work with. The pay is decent
Micro Managed/ Not a fun place to work.
Front Desk Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Evansville, IN and Henderson, KYApril 29, 2016
In this job position I worked as a front desk worker. As a front desk worker, I traveled around between Orthopaedic Associates four different offices. As a front desk worker your job for that day varied. Front Desk covers the checking in of patients, the checking out of patients, covering the call center(answering phones and sending out messages), and scheduling surgery for the Physicians.

This office is very micro managed. I personally did not agree with the way Orthopaedic Associates was managed. If you want to be told 24-7 what you should be doing and when you should be doing it then Orthopaedic Associates is for you.

When it comes to Co-workers good luck fitting in. Orthopaedic Associates involves many cliques. In the front desk department several people were fine to work with while others are very judgmental, lazy, and hard to work with.

The hardest part of this job would have to be dealing with the public. Front Desk workers are the face of Orthopaedic Associates. We are the first people to greet people and the last face that they see when they check out. We also are the ones who talk to patients over the phone and take care of their needs. While this could also go under the category of being the most enjoyable part of my job it was also the hardest part of my job. When things go wrong, Front desk gets yelled at by patients in office and over the phone. When patients want to blame someone it is always the front desk. It is never the CA's or physicians fault.

The only good thing about this job is that quarterly you do get bonuses for patient satisfaction,
  more... insurance cards data entry, patient date entry, etc. The checks are pretty nice and you get even more if you are a surgery scheduler.  less
Pros
Insurance, Job Security, Bonuses, etc.
Cons
Micro Managed, 30 min lunch break, travel in between offices
Great office
Assistant Office Manager/ Medical Assistant (Former Employee) –  Fort Myers, FLJanuary 19, 2016
Primary job was to obtain precertification for surgeries. I assisted in all areas of the practice. I enjoyed being able to assist with the hiring process and trainging of new employees.
Pros
Good work environent
Cons
Family over management
Loved this company
Patient Account Representative (Former Employee) –  Baltimore, MDNovember 5, 2015
They are amazing to work for. The staff and management are wonderful. They really care about their employees. If I still lived in MD I would go back to them in a heartbeat. I loved my position as a medical biller.
Great people and patients to work with
X-Ray Technologist (Former Employee) –  Evansville, INSeptember 18, 2015
Most days were very busy, seeing 200+ patients each day. It was important to be able to work independently and with a team. I learned that each patient deserves a little special attention so they don't just feel like a number. I enjoyed the busy days the most because I felt like I got to help more people out that way.
Pros
free sodas, great work environment, great profit sharing with 401k
Great Docs
rad tech/ ortho tech/ clinical assistant (Current Employee) –  Evansville, INJune 11, 2015
Although there is conflict among different departments here the doctors that are at OA are amazing!! They go out of their way for employees. They are a great group to work for
Pros
event tickets
Cons
benifits are pricey
Busy, fun and rewarding...
Administrative/Executive Assistant (Former Employee) –  Boston, MAMay 22, 2015
A small, busy private office. Loved my coworkers and patients... we were like family. The busyness of 'clinic' day took a bit to get used to, but soon became the best part of the week. I loved my patients... whether it be check-in, running patients into rooms, having the brief one-on-one time, scheduling procedures, follow-ups, etc.. Most rewarding was knowing they were healed and pain-free!
Pros
close to home
Cons
not full-time
Externship
Student (Former Employee) –  Cranston, RIFebruary 18, 2015
Hopefully things have changed since I did my externship. There was hardly anything for me to do and when there was something to do it lasted maybe 10 minutes. When the person I was shadowing wasn't in, I had to go to another part of the building where I was made to wash walls because they didn't know what to do with, which in return made my externship cut short. There's wasn't enough things to do but I couldn't look for a new job or do any interviews.
Pros
School was almost over
Cons
Not enough things to keep busy
Excellent people and work environment
Medical Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Westlake, OHJanuary 27, 2015
Completed my Externship of 100 hours there. The people couldn't have been nicer or more informative.
Fast paced, enjoyable company
Orthopedic Technician (Current Employee) –  westlake,ohJanuary 6, 2015
I love the work that I do here and am sad to leave. The physicians and staff are all wonderful people and great co-workers. The only reason for seeking new employment is due to a conflict in work/school schedule.
Very busy orthopedic practice
Billing Liaison II (Current Employee) –  Bellaire, TXNovember 22, 2014
I have worked with the doctors at Orthopaedic Associates for many years and when my position at GHOS was outsourced they welcomed me back while I began my journey to return to school and receive my degree. I am grateful for their support.
Pros
great people to work for
Cons
no opportunity for advancement
Easy atmosphere to work in.
MRI Secretary (Current Employee) –  Cranston, RISeptember 30, 2014
Good office manager who accomodates needed time off. Has worked with me to obtain and keep steady office hours. The other staff members are friendly and easy to work with.
Pros
Christmas party yearly with gifts for staff, Weekly luncheons w/vendors inclusive for staff participation
Cons
Not enough trained coverage for time off