Orthopaedic Specialty Institute Employee Reviews

See reviews about:
Work-Life BalancePay & BenefitsJob Security & AdvancementManagementCulture
Every day was different.
Medical Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Orange, CAFebruary 25, 2013
Working for this company was a real challenge. It is a busy practice so my day went by pretty fast I did enjoy that. Management has to be the worst I have ever seen since I have worked in 20 yrs.
Pros
bonuses
Cons
management
Good work environment
Medical Assistant / Surgery Scheduler (Former Employee) –  Orange, CAAugust 20, 2012
It was enjoyable for the most part. My co workers were friendly and easy to get along with, which always make going to work a nicer place to be.
Pros
nice people to work with
Fellow employees and supervisors are very helpful and friendly.
Patient Account Representative (Current Employee) –  Orange, CalifJune 28, 2012
After reviewing a delinquent account I would call the patient and request that a payment be made. If the patient wasn't able to make a payment I would suggest a monthly payment plan.
I learned that if I talked in a calm, sympathetic voice the patient was more willing to make payments or pay off their balance.
My supervisor was very helpful in answering any questions I might have about how to handle a difficult account or any problems that came up.
This was a temporary job but, I have made several friends that I will stay in touch with.
The hardest thing for me to do was to limit my calls to just calling the patient one time. I felt that some patients needed to be called more than one time before sending them to collections.
The most enjoyable part of the job was calling and talking to the patients about their accounts. Toward the end of a phone call, after setting up monthly payment plans for the patients, they would thank me for calling them because now they didn't have to worry about how they were going pay their bills. I helped them find a solution to their worries.
Pros
the office was well organized and everyone got along and was friendly.
Cons
that this is a temporary job.