Orvis Employee Reviews

this is a positive enviornment with a lot of room to grow in the company.
Women's Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Madison, MSDecember 29, 2016
When I'm at work all my other problems seem to fade away and I'm able to focus on my customers and co-workers. All of my Co-workers are friendly and willing to work as a team. I'm always happy here with a big smile on my face. I am learning some manager skills, like closing the registers at the end of the work day. This might be the hardest part of my job so far because its new and I have to be patient and observant when counting the money. I've also learned some life long communication skills.
Fast Pace environment
Customer Service Representative/Sales (Former Employee) –  Roanoke, VANovember 22, 2016
I enjoyed working in the fast pace environment. Call center is in my blood. I love customer service/ sales. I look forward to going to work there everyday, when I was scheduled. I enjoyed the games we played to receive a prize. The co-workers was a pleasure to work with. The hardest part of the job for me was, I didn't want to let my customers off the phone. I wish I was eligible for rehire, all because I didn't give a notices.
Pros
incentative per up selling
Cons
hours got cut if business was slow.
Wonderful company with unparalleled mission
Retail Sales Associate/ Fly Fishing Instructor (Former Employee) –  Jackson, WYNovember 15, 2016
Orvis was an amazing company to work for. The company embodies all of my passions. It delivers high quality good for a high quality lifestyle. From fly fishing to wing shooting, to everyday apparel, the company takes pride in producing the best, and it inspires its sales associates to take pride in selling the best.
I like working there
Sales Associate, Customer Service, Retail (Former Employee) –  San Jose, CAJanuary 26, 2017
working at orvis was great. I have learned how to address customer issues and also working in a group with my co-workers was a great experience for me.
Productive and fun enviroment
Manufacturing Associate (Former Employee) –  Manchester, VTSeptember 7, 2016
The job was very easy. Most days seemed to go by quickly. The people were nice. However, there was a great lack of communication between the team leaders and the workers.
Pros
Friendly people
Cons
Lack of communication
The Customer is Always Right
Accountant (Current Employee) –  VirginiaSeptember 7, 2016
Strong commitment to exceeding expectations of customers; exemplary customer service. Also, one of company's core values is "Giving Back-Achieving a Higher Purpose", a deep-seated belief to leave the world a better place.
Great place to work for.
Receiving/Mail Order Clerk (Former Employee) –  Roanoke, VAJune 22, 2016
I started out in Receiving,i work in different dept,like mail order & returns.plus scanning items at the work place.The coworker were nice.Most of the work was interesting to do.The management was excellent.
decent pay friendly enviroment
Call Center Representative (Current Employee) –  Roanoke, VAMarch 21, 2016
learned to multitask and to be patient. teaches you great customer skills and tests sales ability. sitting for long periods of time but breaks and lunches were distributed well. the coworkers are nice the hardest part is if you are a slow learner and not tech savy you will have a difficult time. typical day consists of taking calls and placing orders from customers who call in shopping from a catalog and assisting those who have returns or questions regarding products and orders
Pros
good pay, relaxed environment
Cons
pay every two weeks, low hours
Fun group of people
Retail Store Manager (Former Employee) –  NevadaMay 23, 2016
Orvis is a fun bunch of folks. It offers a retail environment with customers generally happy to be there. Regulars customers became best friends.
Pros
Good discount
Cons
Communication
productive and fun
Customer service sales (Former Employee) –  Roanoke, VAJanuary 25, 2016
nice work place call center enviorment. management could have worked out schedules better. great seasonal job to get back in call center vibe after my maternity leave
How I feel about my job
packer (Former Employee) –  Roanoke, VAMay 27, 2015
A typical day a wrok for me, I come in get my station ready and clock in and start packing my orders.

I learned how to price the product for store and how to consolidate the orders in to one big order.

The management team is a great team and work together to help the employees feel comfortable.

The hardest part of the job is when our hours are cut short because I don't like to miss my money.

The most enjoyable part of the day is coming in and able to perform my duties.
It was alright…
Operations (Former Employee) –  New York, NYApril 22, 2015
Employed there a little over a year. Great people to work with but at the same time not so much. Everyone is always in your business, can't have a decent lunch without someone asking so many questions, and for some reason whenever I talked to other employees the management was bothered by it or interrupted it. But yet they are were allowed to talk to everyone for any given time and it was acceptable. I thought we were suppose to get along, why the hostility?!
It was a good in between job but glad that I did not stay there long.
Pros
Nice co-workers
Cons
Too many to mention
Productive fun place to work.
Voice of the Customer Associate (Current Employee) –  Roanoke,Va.March 17, 2014
It is a very busy work environment.
I learned a great deal at Orvis. I have gotten a ton of customer service as well as sales experience. I have learned so many other areas as well they are hard to list them all here, however they have all been valuable . My co-workers I can't say enough about I can't count how many lifetime friendships I have built at Orvis,from Supervisors to leads to represenatives on the floor. That is not to mention people in other departments. Wonderful people all the way around. My Favorite part of the job has always been the people. Starting with the customers and then all the wonderful people I work with .
Pros
Co workers, customers, helthcare
Wonderful Company to Work For!
Key Holder (Former Employee) –  Essex, VTDecember 22, 2012
Orvis is by far the best company I have ever worked for, in terms of company values and support of employees from upper management. I had the pleasure of working with the sweetest store manager, and thoroughly enjoyed the company of my co-workers. Communication with upper management was excellent, which truly makes associates feel like part of the business. I enjoyed forming relationships with local customers, and would have stayed with Orvis had I not moved out of state.
Customer Service Representative
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Roanoke, VANovember 26, 2012
Handling of sales/returns orders. How to process orders with maximum effort in minimal time. Management could use some tweaking in points. Co Workers were nice and friendly, team environment. Fluctuating between billing, return orders, and learning fast past and changing systems. Helping others on the phone achieve shopping by catalog and online.
Pros
established company over 150 years
Cons
short breaks
Employees and phone-in customers
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Roanoke, VAFebruary 26, 2013
The best part of this job is the employees and the customers. They both fall hand in hand. All the employees are so respectful and i loved working for them. The customers are very complimentive and respectful. There is always laughter and joking, but serious when needed. The hardest part of the job i would say would be leaving.
Pros
employees, customers, hours, breaks, fun, talkitive
Cons
nothing
interesting job
Order Picker/Packer (Former Employee) –  Roanoke, VANovember 2, 2015
Layed back job.. learning all different materials people like to order for there pets and outdoor activities .. the only difficult thing about job is when material is missing
Productive work
Packing and Walking Picker (Former Employee) –  Roanoke, VAJune 17, 2015
Orvis is a great place to work but the hours during Christmas season starts up to 7 days a week 9 to 12 hour shifts Regular hours are 5 days a week 35- 45 hours a week. Your on your feet a lot and have to lift up to 75 pounds. they have great benefits but they work you to death. during the summer there is no air conditioning. people fight over fans to keep you cool and its 10- 20 degrees hotter inside during summer and 10- 20 degrees colder in the winter time in the warehouse. management is ok. they do compensate you for your work by having cook outs and buying dinner for there employees. your co workers will work with you and help you in any way possible. the hardest part of job is lifting heavy consistently and the weather temps on the inside. the most enjoyable would be compensated for your hard work and knowing you reached your goal for the week.
Pros
free dinners, christmas bonus, healthcare is great
Cons
back breaking work/ harsh weather conditions
Busy but good pay
Customer Service Rep (Former Employee) –  Roanoke, VAOctober 21, 2012
Call center can be very busy or very slow. Pay is good, $10 hr and $10.50 after 6pm and on weekends starting out. You do deal with many wealthy older people who can be rude and talk to you negatively. You also talk to some very nice people who actually invite you to come visit where they are from. Flexibility with your schedule.
Pros
pay, hours
Cons
headset starts to hurt
Productive work enviroment friendly staff and co-workers
Picker/Sorter (Former Employee) –  Roanoke, VAOctober 14, 2015
Very laid back workplace with very cool staff and co-workers. A bit dusty could be a problem for those with strong allergies.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Orvis. Our community is ready to answer.