Osceola Regional Medical Center Employee Reviews

Teamwork
Registered Nurse (Former Employee) –  Kissimmee, FLOctober 31, 2015
Coming in , good atmosphere, always have good collaboration with co-worker and management. Helping each other to accomplish all the work in timely manner. Love to work as a team . Ratio patient/nurse too high.
Pros
We all work for the same goal. Bringing back patients to health.
Cons
Most of the time, breaks are not taken.
ED Medicine
ED Process Improvement Flow Coordination Manager (Current Employee) –  Kissimmee, FLOctober 31, 2015
I have been blessed to work for such a prestigious Medical Center and progress to the Leadership team. I was able to pursue my DNP while working with them.
ER Registrar (Former Employee) –  Kissimmee, FLSeptember 16, 2015
over the two years that i worked at ORMC i learned that people are rude, mean, and anything to get their way. the management at ORMC was horrible. they discriminated against me because i was a single mother of three little ones and stopped me from becoming management myself. i worked very hard to be put in a management position and when it was my time to be put up for the spot they discriminated against me because of my single mother status. that was the last reason that i could take, and that is the reason why i left to Florida Hospital. the co-workers there we became a big family. the hardest part of the job was not being recognized for all the hard work that was put in by everyone including myself. the most enjoyable part of working at ORMC was being able to work with the doctors.
Pros
nothing
Cons
everything
Worked at busy and rapidly growing hospital, kitchen space is most challenge
Executive Chef (Current Employee) –  Kissimmee, FLSeptember 2, 2015
I really enjoyed working with my co-workers and colleagues. Director and supervisors are very supporting me during all the years. We been through a lots challenges such as working with oldest equipment and limit kitchen spaces. But by the end of shift we all enjoyed to work with each other as team and have so much fun. I hope I can find a company that allow me to do my job as a executive chef , manage whole stuff and oversee kitchen production area ,patient service, cafeteria , doctor's lounge special functions and catering service. Quality food and friendly service are my priority tasks.
Busy work environment
Radiologic Technologist (Former Employee) –  Kissimmee, FLAugust 26, 2015
I learned incredible teamwork. Everyone helped each other out from different departments. The workload is consistent, so you never have to worry about being bored!!
HAPPY FAMILY
Radiologic Technologist (Current Employee) –  Kissimmee, FLAugust 21, 2015
HAVE WORKD THERE FOR 3 YEARS SO FAR AND EVERYONE IS GREAT TO WORK...MANAGMENT IS WILLING TO WORK WITH YOU ON YOUR HRS...CO WORKERS ALWAYS WILLING TO DO SWITCHES IF YOU NEED IT...
Great Hospital,very pleasant place to work, i highly recommend this facility for any healthcare services required.
REGISTRAR FULL TIME (Current Employee) –  Kissimmee, FLAugust 20, 2015
Excellent work place to work for, number one hospital in Osceola County Gazette News for further information. Friendly personnel, great services in all areas, that why I have currently been employed 20years at this company. Look for extra income.
Need to appreciate staff
Clinical Documentation Specialist (Current Employee) –  Kissimmee, FLAugust 18, 2015
I personally love what I do. But feel the company does not appreciate what I do on a daily basis. They need to realize that the CDI's job is an important part of increasing revenue for the company, and pay them accordingly.
Pros
Flexible schedule
Cons
Pay
Good and bad.
Registered Nurse (Former Employee) –  Kissimmee, FLJuly 19, 2015
I love most of my fellow nurses, but the corporate culture involves cutting corners to maximize profit and the expense of patient care.
Good place to work.
RECORDS CLERK & EMERGENCY RECORDS COORDINATOR (Former Employee) –  Kissimmee, FLJuly 14, 2015
My day would consist of doing ER records (analyzing and assembling), answering phones, helping doctors to complete their charts in a timely manner, boxing up charts to send to Iron Mountain, and occasionally doing birth certificates. I learned how to multi task at various jobs. Management was good about helping where necessary. My co-workers and I all got along with each other and used team work. The hardest part of the job was working in a confined area. I enjoyed the work and the pleasant atmosphere.
Pros
Learning many different jobs
Cons
Management showing preferential treatment to some co-workers
Paramedic (Current Employee) –  Kissimmee FloridaJuly 12, 2015
I assist the nurses with patient care. There is no room for advancement. I enjoy the staff and coworkers. I enjoy helping people. The hardest part is loosing a patient. This is an up-beat place to work.
Pros
Friendly employees and staff
Cons
Always changing equipment or not enough equipment
Occasionally free lunch on hollidays,safe
Certify Nursing Assistant (Current Employee) –  Kissimmee, FLApril 15, 2015
I love working for this company,they have meeting for employee learning class, and any problem you can go talk freely with your supervisor,company treat every one the same with respect and dignity.
Productive place to work
Radiologic Technologist (Current Employee) –  Kissimmee, FLApril 9, 2015
They are more concerened about number than pt's care. The hardest pt of the job is not having enough staffing for the volume of pts.
Good Company
Social Service Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLDecember 16, 2014
• Collaborate with other professionals to evaluate patients' medical or physical condition and to assess client needs.
• Advocate for clients or patients to resolve crises.
• Refer patient, client, or family to community resources to assist in recovery from mental or physical illness and to provide access to services such as financial assistance, legal aid, housing, job placement or education.
• Investigate child abuse or neglect cases and take authorized protective action when necessary.
• Counsel clients and patients in individual and group sessions to help them overcome dependencies, recover from illness, and adjust to life.
• Plan discharge from care facility to home or other care facility.
• Monitor, evaluate, and record client progress according to measurable goals described in treatment and care plan.
• Modify treatment plans to comply with changes in clients' status.
• Identify environmental impediments to client or patient progress through interviews and review of patient records.
• Organize support groups or counsel family members to assist them in understanding, dealing with, and supporting the client or patient.
A Day in the Emergency Room
Patien Access / Registrar (Former Employee) –  Kissimmee, FLSeptember 29, 2014
I enjoyed working in a fast pace environment. It made my day go by much quicker. The Emergency room was a very busy department.

I learned how to multitask in this department. It also taught me how to prioritize task. Working in this department taught me how to handle difficult situations on my own without having to involve my superiors.

Management and employees communicate constructively and regularly with one another. We had weekly meetings regarding any updates in the department/facility.

I enjoyed working with my co-workers as a team. The hardest part of the job was having to work 12 hour shifts.

The most enjoyable part of the job was working 3 days on and 4 days off.
Pros
close to home
Cons
12 hour shifts
amazing group of people to work with.
PBX Operator (Former Employee) –  Kissimmee, FLSeptember 17, 2014
A typical day at work was going in and getting started, getting my area ready whether it was at the front of the hospital or in the PBX room, i learned how to manage myself to not get upset with some of the families that would come in to visit the patients. management was great at Osceola Regional, very cooperative and friendly as well as the co-workers and very helpful, I don't think there was a hard part of working the job that I did I loved every part of it and enjoyed going into work everyday.
Great Nurse managers
Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Kissimmee, FLSeptember 3, 2014
Help everyone and anyone who needed assistance.
Team work on some floors of the hospital.
A lot of physical wear and tear.
Seeing that patients and their families are satisfied and pleased.
Pros
constant learning available
Cons
compensation could be better.
Diverse staff and good employer-employee relations
Medical Technologist-Generalist/ Lead Tech (Current Employee) –  Kissimmee, FLAugust 5, 2014
Worked here for 7 years. very busy laboratory, but with good learning opportunities.
Clinical Lab Assistant (Current Employee) –  Kissimmee,June 23, 2014
8 hrs shift
Great teamwork
Working alternate weekends

Venipunctures in at least 20 patients daily.
Pros
free lunch
Cons
on call on the weekends
Fun place to work
Project Manager for COO (Current Employee) –  Kissimmee, FLJanuary 28, 2014
Good people to work with. Variable schedule, learned a lot. Managment is nice. Always evolving and lots to do.

4.2