Osceola Regional Medical Center Employee Reviews

Must know spanish
Certified Phlebotomist (Current Employee) –  Kissimmee, FLFebruary 13, 2017
I loved working at Osceola because of the patiens. I loved feeling that I was helping others that were sick. I loved working in the emergency room and on traumas. With that in mind, the staff made it hard. They were not easy to get along with. They were not helpful in showing you how to fun pending lists or how to enter tests. Everyone spoke spanish and if you didn't they would use it against you. Management wanted you to work around the clock but were so quick to write you up if you ended up sick or in the hospital. The hardest part of my job is the people I work with. The most enjoyable part of my job is the patients I work with.
Pros
the patients, the things I learned and got to see and do
Cons
the staff, the management
Good environment to work
Histology Technologist (Former Employee) –  Kissimmee, FLJanuary 2, 2017
Responsible for all routine procedures: Embedding /cutting, Preparing Special Stains Solutions. Manually
Cover slipping preparing all Cytology for examination for the Pathologist. Cutting all frozen tissues.
Charge of all administration and technical duties as wells as responsible for filling Slides and Blocks, ensured proper tissue processing and specimens in an impetuous manner.
Maintain records and documentation on all encounter problems. Performing daily quality control of
Department. I was assisting the instructor in (Indiana University) to teach all the basics in Histology.
Embedding cutting, special stains (AFB, Aura mine, iron, Retic, Trichrome Steiner, GMS/PCP, and Elastic)
Cutting frozen section. Prepare all Cytology, body fluid and cell blocks. Prepare students to take the
Histology State exam. This is an accomplishment for my career. For all the years I have been a Histologist.
Pros
Good lunch time
stable job
Social Service Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLJanuary 24, 2017
Management was good, people communicate and they were some what friendly was not terrible to work here. Unfortunately, compensation or benefits were not great.
Pros
Stady work
Cons
Not great pay
Work Summary
Environment Assistant (Former Employee) –  Kissimmee, FLJanuary 16, 2017
The company is a good company to work for. As to the managers for the dept. I worked for was very poor. service wasn't up to date, job duties wasn't organized and they cut your hours.
great staff
Mental Health Technician (Current Employee) –  Kissimmee, FLFebruary 9, 2017
Great people and a great pay often understaffed but a really nice place to work, facility is new and everything works as it should.
Pros
pay
Cons
understaffed
great healthcare provider
Medical Surgical RN (Current Employee) –  Kissimmee, FLAugust 27, 2016
overall is a great hospital
good managment
excellent team work
great healthcare
lots of perks
excellent manager
good comunication with doctors
Pros
excellent healthcare, good team work
Cons
lots of patients per nurse
Refresher Course Clinical Practice (Former Employee) –  Kissimmee, FLFebruary 19, 2017
I had the opportunity to do my refresher course . I love the experience , everything was so fantastic and so profesional.
Love having my corner desk
Emergency Room File Clerk (Former Employee) –  Kissimmee, FLDecember 22, 2015
Making sure that all physicians had signed their paperwork of the Emergency Charts. There were times that I had to do projects and run around looking for the physicians.
Pros
My corner desk
Cons
Running after the physicians to sign their charts
Worked at busy and rapidly growing hospital, kitchen space is most challenge
Executive Chef (Current Employee) –  Kissimmee, FLSeptember 2, 2015
I really enjoyed working with my co-workers and colleagues. Director and supervisors are very supporting me during all the years. We been through a lots challenges such as working with oldest equipment and limit kitchen spaces. But by the end of shift we all enjoyed to work with each other as team and have so much fun. I hope I can find a company that allow me to do my job as a executive chef , manage whole stuff and oversee kitchen production area ,patient service, cafeteria , doctor's lounge special functions and catering service. Quality food and friendly service are my priority tasks.
Osceola Regional Medical Center
ER Registrar (Former Employee) –  Kissimmee, FLSeptember 16, 2015
over the two years that i worked at ORMC i learned that people are rude, mean, and anything to get their way. the management at ORMC was horrible. they discriminated against me because i was a single mother of three little ones and stopped me from becoming management myself. i worked very hard to be put in a management position and when it was my time to be put up for the spot they discriminated against me because of my single mother status. that was the last reason that i could take, and that is the reason why i left to Florida Hospital. the co-workers there we became a big family. the hardest part of the job was not being recognized for all the hard work that was put in by everyone including myself. the most enjoyable part of working at ORMC was being able to work with the doctors.
Pros
nothing
Cons
everything
Teamwork
Registered Nurse (Former Employee) –  Kissimmee, FLOctober 31, 2015
Coming in , good atmosphere, always have good collaboration with co-worker and management. Helping each other to accomplish all the work in timely manner. Love to work as a team . Ratio patient/nurse too high.
Pros
We all work for the same goal. Bringing back patients to health.
Cons
Most of the time, breaks are not taken.
Good place to work.
RECORDS CLERK & EMERGENCY RECORDS COORDINATOR (Former Employee) –  Kissimmee, FLJuly 14, 2015
My day would consist of doing ER records (analyzing and assembling), answering phones, helping doctors to complete their charts in a timely manner, boxing up charts to send to Iron Mountain, and occasionally doing birth certificates. I learned how to multi task at various jobs. Management was good about helping where necessary. My co-workers and I all got along with each other and used team work. The hardest part of the job was working in a confined area. I enjoyed the work and the pleasant atmosphere.
Pros
Learning many different jobs
Cons
Management showing preferential treatment to some co-workers
Great Hospital,very pleasant place to work, i highly recommend this facility for any healthcare services required.
REGISTRAR FULL TIME (Current Employee) –  Kissimmee, FLAugust 20, 2015
Excellent work place to work for, number one hospital in Osceola County Gazette News for further information. Friendly personnel, great services in all areas, that why I have currently been employed 20years at this company. Look for extra income.
Need to appreciate staff
Clinical Documentation Specialist (Current Employee) –  Kissimmee, FLAugust 18, 2015
I personally love what I do. But feel the company does not appreciate what I do on a daily basis. They need to realize that the CDI's job is an important part of increasing revenue for the company, and pay them accordingly.
Pros
Flexible schedule
Cons
Pay
Osceola Regional Medical Center
Paramedic (Current Employee) –  Kissimmee FloridaJuly 12, 2015
I assist the nurses with patient care. There is no room for advancement. I enjoy the staff and coworkers. I enjoy helping people. The hardest part is loosing a patient. This is an up-beat place to work.
Pros
Friendly employees and staff
Cons
Always changing equipment or not enough equipment
A Day in the Emergency Room
Patien Access / Registrar (Former Employee) –  Kissimmee, FLSeptember 29, 2014
I enjoyed working in a fast pace environment. It made my day go by much quicker. The Emergency room was a very busy department.

I learned how to multitask in this department. It also taught me how to prioritize task. Working in this department taught me how to handle difficult situations on my own without having to involve my superiors.

Management and employees communicate constructively and regularly with one another. We had weekly meetings regarding any updates in the department/facility.

I enjoyed working with my co-workers as a team. The hardest part of the job was having to work 12 hour shifts.

The most enjoyable part of the job was working 3 days on and 4 days off.
Pros
Close to home
Cons
12 hour shifts
amazing group of people to work with.
PBX Operator (Former Employee) –  Kissimmee, FLSeptember 17, 2014
A typical day at work was going in and getting started, getting my area ready whether it was at the front of the hospital or in the PBX room, i learned how to manage myself to not get upset with some of the families that would come in to visit the patients. management was great at Osceola Regional, very cooperative and friendly as well as the co-workers and very helpful, I don't think there was a hard part of working the job that I did I loved every part of it and enjoyed going into work everyday.
ED Medicine
ED Process Improvement Flow Coordination Manager (Current Employee) –  Kissimmee, FLOctober 31, 2015
I have been blessed to work for such a prestigious Medical Center and progress to the Leadership team. I was able to pursue my DNP while working with them.
housekepper
Housekeeper (Former Employee) –  Kissimmee, FLSeptember 13, 2012
I learn how too deal with customers.
Have a Clean enviroment .
Mix liquid that are used too clean.
Learn how too keep places and the rooms organize and do it as the best i can too have the customer feel comfortable.
Help Server Customer the rigth way Talk the out the rigth way .
Pros
half percent in the meals.
Cons
30 mins breaks once a day.
Busy work environment
Radiologic Technologist (Former Employee) –  Kissimmee, FLAugust 26, 2015
I learned incredible teamwork. Everyone helped each other out from different departments. The workload is consistent, so you never have to worry about being bored!!

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Osceola Regional Medical Center. Our community is ready to answer.

4.2