Osceola Regional Medical Center Employee Reviews

typical ER
Paramedic (Former Employee) –  Kissimmee, FLOctober 10, 2017
Fast paced emergency room with wide variety of patients. Opportunity for skill improvement as a paramedic. Good starting position for paramedics needing experience.
Typical day
Registered Nurse (Former Employee) –  Kissimmee, FLOctober 4, 2017
12 hour shifts. supportive coworkers. extra work shifts if you wanted. reasonable management. good benefits. encouraged continuing education. supportive of self improvement.
Productive and a good company to work for/
UNIT SECRETARY (Former Employee) –  Kissimmee, FLSeptember 24, 2017
Working at Osceola Regional Hospital was a great experience for me. I learned a lot in the time I was there. I worked in Labor and Delivery as a Unit Secretary, It kept me on my toes for sure. I love to work in the Medical Field so it was perfect for me. At the time I had a baby and I was doing 12 hr. shifts so it was a little hard for me keeping a baby sitter working 12 hr. So that is the reason why I left and took a 8-5 M-F job at the Florida Department of Health where I am currently working now.
Osceola Regional Review
Cardiovascular Step-Down Nurse Manager (Former Employee) –  Kissimmee, FLSeptember 14, 2017
Osceola Regional was a challenging yet exciting environment to work. I was employed there in a time of flux in the Executive Office branch so a full review of the company would not accurately reflect the current work environment.
Pros
Career Advancement
Cons
Executive Flux
Good job
Registered Nurse (Current Employee) –  Kissimmee, FLSeptember 7, 2017
Excellent place to work with good opportunities for further education; but I want to fulfill my role of nurse practitioner into a primary care setting.
Great hospital to work for
Student Nurse (Former Employee) –  Kissimmee, FLAugust 30, 2017
The training provided was excellent. Staff was extremely knowledgeable and helpful. Labor and delivery unit was peaceful and a great place to help bring life into the world.
incredible growth
Director of Cardiovascular Service Line (Former Employee) –  Kissimmee, FLAugust 26, 2017
many changes in staffing and ancillary services
difficulty in managing productivity to growth
loved my job
administration turnover in flux
unable to devote individual time to Directors
Pros
Growth
Cons
productivity/staffing challenges
float pool
Registered Nurse (Former Employee) –  Kissimmee, FLAugust 23, 2017
Trauma certified facility, excellent learning opprotunities, great staff cohesieveness, support from mangement team leaders, many skilled clinicians approachable.
staffing issues
Case Manager/Utilization Review Nurse (Current Employee) –  Kissimmee, FLAugust 21, 2017
there is a high turnover and limited staff with the same expectations of productivity.
the manager of the department quit, leaving a new director with limited knowledge of daily duties and prioritization.
Pros
The people I worked with
Cons
New Director
Good workplace
Clinical Laboratory and Pathology Secretary (Current Employee) –  Kissimmee, FLAugust 7, 2017
Good opportunities, hospital is growing. Should have better health benefits for employees. The patient experience is really important for the Administration and provide good health care.
Pros
Nice workplace, good co-workers, good pay
Cons
short breaks
Great experience, stressful at times
Registered Nurse (Current Employee) –  Kissimmee, FLAugust 2, 2017
Bedside reports, assessments, medication administration, hourly rounding, educating patients, patient care, CPR if necessary, blood products administration when necessary. The atmosphere is surrounded by awesome colleagues and great teamwork. The hardest part is working nights and living so far.
Pros
Staff/management
Cons
Driving distance
Diet Clerk (Former Employee) –  Kissimmee, FLAugust 1, 2017
Demonstrated expertise in the safekeeping of funds and cash receipt processing procedures
Qualified to count and balance cash drawer with accuracy
Developed a sustainable relationship of trust through open and interactive communication
Perform clerical duties as needed such as typing, organizing, filing & making copies.
Fun place to be. Can be stressful yet enjoyable.
Volunteer (Former Employee) –  Kissimmee, FLJuly 31, 2017
The environment can be stressful, as it is a hospital but the people make it fun and if you enjoy working you will love it. Most of the people are respectful and they try to make it enjoyable.
excellent
Mental Health Technician (Former Employee) –  Kissimmee, FLJuly 26, 2017
always clean, management is good, overall is a good place to work and learn. people is very friendly and kind. the hardest part is find a parking even that they have a parking garage for employees. ill recommended.
Pros
cafeteria
Cons
break rooms, parking
the atmosphere is quiet
RN Staff Nurse (Current Employee) –  Kissimmee, FLJune 25, 2017
the salary is competitive in this area because they have union, the work conditions sometimes are hard, every nurse you meet in the elevator will say :oh no, it's too much.
Pros
we alaways have to take classes to refresh
Cons
when there is a call off the work is still done and no increased pay.
Disrespectful to employees
Food Service Worker (Former Employee) –  Kissimmee, FLJune 10, 2017
Not fair and management is disrespectful, very careless on employee safety.and Thier was to much favorateism and the director was very racists towards people
Typical hospital
REGISTERED NURSE (Former Employee) –  Kissimmee, FLMay 31, 2017
It is helpful to be bilingual, large portion of the population in the area speaks Spanish. So imagine trying to perform your job and communication is seriously lacking. They have "blue phones" with a translator, but good luck locating one.
supportive co workers
Agency Registered Nurse (Former Employee) –  Kissimmee, FLMay 23, 2017
working in critical care units is very challenging. patients are critically ill. i am very supportive to patients, families,relatives, significant othes
Pros
break
Cons
no support from managements
Great experience
Clinical Experience (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLMay 19, 2017
I had a good experience as a nursing student in this hospital . I met some great nurses , I learn about PICC and tracheostomy . I was on the floor for 12 hrs every weekend for 6 weeks , and I sure I learned a lot . I was able to do assessment, take vital signs on my patients, and I got a lot better at listening , both through my stethoscope and with my ears to my patient's concerns. The staff was very patient and take time to explain patients' issues. If I have to choose an hospital to do clinical again I would choose osceola Hospital.
Safe and productive workplace
Emergency Room Nurse (Current Employee) –  Kissimmee, FL 34741May 3, 2017
Osceola Regional Medical Center provide an environment safe, very competitive, tools and equipment to do your job with a high quality and high customer services.
Pros
continues education and certification free
Cons
small parking lot

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Osceola Regional Medical Center. Our community is ready to answer.

Osceola Regional Medical Center Reviews by Location