OSF HealthCare Employee Reviews

N/a
Epic Credentialed Revenue Cycle Trainer (Former Employee) –  Peoria, ILOctober 18, 2017
OSF is a great company to work for. I learned a great deal each and every day. Working with the different mission partners, different departments--it was never a dull moment. I loved what I did within OSF - Train the new MP's how to use Epic for their job role.
Poor morale and management
Front Office Assistant (Former Employee) –  Washington, ILOctober 15, 2017
I worked as a Front Office Assistant and the training was done online which was not an easy task. My hours were supposed to be 3 days per week however I was scheduled 4 days and was not informed I would be doing that. I feel ithey were just too busy to help a new person with the training etc. Management was very poor also. I only lasted 3 weeks!
Pros
The sisters mission and benefits
Cons
Poor training and management
Poor management and rude staff
RN (Former Employee) –  Midwest RegionOctober 7, 2017
Staff rude behind your back and nice to your face. Will turn you in for small things because that’s not how they do it. The patients were the fun part. The staff was already in their groups of certain people and they judged you when you started working. Poor management that participates in backstabbing and job ground un steady.
Pros
Dealing with the variety of patients
Cons
Dealing with the variety of patients, your only allowed 5 mins to get them roomed
Osf
Echosonographer Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Bloomington, ILSeptember 29, 2017
Typical is very busy but interacting with the patients is enjoyable in the things you can learn from them. Everyone has their own opinions regarding management. The culture is that you are expected to be there on time, work together with your co-workers to accomplish the sisters goals and take care of out patients, serving with the greatest care and love.
Stressful, depressing
Environmental Services (Current Employee) –  Peoria IllinoisSeptember 7, 2017
Management is very unprofessional. They micro manage to the point of harassment to their employees. It's said when you hate going into work but you have to provide for your family.
Pros
Good pay
Cons
Very stressful
A good place to start
Patient Access Representative (Former Employee) –  Peoria, ILSeptember 4, 2017
Unless you're a clinician, there's very little room for advancement. Schedulers worked 10 hour days. Working Four 10s was nice because I got to have a longer weekend.
Very fun co-workers
Scheduler (Current Employee) –  Peoria, ILAugust 11, 2017
Great place to work for m, just need more management that care. OSF has grown very quickly and major changes have been made and more to come. There training needs better and more advancement.
Acute care setting
Rehab tech, CNA, and PTA (Former Employee) –  Peoria, ILAugust 9, 2017
Very big hospital in the area. It is the number one trauma center. The largest employer in the area. Most employees are team players but very political atmosphere. They are, however caring to the patients but staff is made to feel like second class citizens. For the pay and benefits would recommend but if you are looking for a place that respects your work, this is not the place.
Pros
Caring, compassionate to the patients
Cons
low pay and a lot of work
Organization does not follow mission statement
Registered Nurse (Former Employee) –  Bloomington, ILAugust 3, 2017
This organization does not follow it's "serving with the greatest care and love" mission statement to their employees. Upper management have no idea what it is like to be a staff nurse at this time.
Pros
Cons
Poor work life balance, constant phone calls to see if you will work extra.
Great Benefits
Building Services Worker (Current Employee) –  Galesburg, ILAugust 1, 2017
OSF has great benefit options and offers PTO and FMLA. The company as a whole is a great employer and encourages advancement from employees. A typical work day varies from department yet all focus around making sure the patients are cared for and leave healthy and satisfied with our service.
Horrible culture, demoralizing place to work
JUMP (Current Employee) –  Peoria ILJuly 27, 2017
The work itself is not an issue. The problem is that there is a culture that beats down anyone who comes in from the outside. I have watched it happen to three people in less than two years where they decided to quit on the spot instead of continue being put down every day by management, who forces employees to call them leaders. Leadership is the last thing most of the "managers" possess.

Management is made up of people who have been at OSF for years, and are stuck in the old way of thinking how things need to be done. This includes a mindset that it is my way or the highway. Don't bring your concerns to management. I have watched numerous employees be retaliated against for bringing up concerns, concerns about themselves and concerns about how others are treated. This got so bad I know people who will not even speak outside of meetings to anyone out of fear. Everyone is always depressed and demoralized. My whole team is always down and cannot wait to go home. The phrase "fake it till you make it" is used regularly. People are randomly put on levels for rules that are not even published or known, not only by their own managers, but outside managers who have little to no interaction with them. We have lost so many people that you do not even recognize people anymore. What is supposed to be an up beat working environment is instead quiet, reserved, and anything but upbeat. People literally look miserable and it just keeps getting worse.
Pros
workspace, benefits, food
Cons
management
Fair work envirnoment good benefits
Respiratory Technician/LPN (Current Employee) –  Peoria, ILJuly 27, 2017
Great place to work but weekends are tough not a lot of folks willing to trade.

Great benefits.

Clicky

self scheduling has advantages and disadvantages.
Help a patient get their life in the best order they could after a heart attack
CNA - Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Rockford, ILJuly 16, 2017
I loved that job and I was extremely happy when the patient could get up and walk the same day. it was very stressful but enjoying to see them get well again. The hardest part of the job is when the patient would pass away after trying so hard to make it.
Pros
someone getting well
Cons
short staffed a lot
Great place to work but bad management
LPN (Current Employee) –  Monmouth, ILJuly 5, 2017
I love my job and being a nurse but working for poor management really kills a work place. You get great benefits and work with some amazing people, but the facility that I am placed in has horrible managers. They talk to you like you're a child and don't take any concerns seriously.
Pros
Good benefits
Cons
Large company but hard to move up and bad managers
Terribly disappointed!
Front Office Assistant (Former Employee) –  College Ave Bloomington ILJuly 5, 2017
I had a job at the OSF College Ave facility in Bloomington IL and the training was 1/5. They had just gone to an all online training system. My manager was never around and when she was, I had questions about training. I spent hours going around to different people's workstations because I didn't have one of my own. And then, hours doing training that I wasn't even suppose to have as a Front Office Assistant. When I finally asked about why we had to learn about how to assist patients using crutches etc. I was told that training shouldn't have been on there. Wasted time! And then my time for training was up and they threw me on the front desk with minimal training. Then, there were several bully nurses and they would yell at me in front of other office staff. It got to the point that I went and took another job just to get out of that situation. Then, the bully nurse was texting my phone asking if her rude behavior made me leave. YES!!!!! I absolutely loved OSF as a patient. My experience there, as an employee was extremely disappointing to say the least. Management was a huge let down. I expected much more. Sad but true.
Patient Transporter (Former Employee) –  Rockford, ILJuly 3, 2017
I thoroughly enjoy working for the company because of the great value system that the employees follow. A typical day working would include picking up patients to or from a test. We may also have to move them from their bed to a wheelchair or vice versa. I have learned many things from the patients to the nursing staff. The most enjoyable part of the job would be getting to know the patients.
Caring place to work
RN Staff (Former Employee) –  Clinton, ILJune 28, 2017
Loved working for Osf. Management was great and loved the environment . Doctors were caring and hard working. Enjoyed my co workers. Feel like they were there for the patients.
Poor Management and training
Registered Nurse, Acute Adult Oncology (Former Employee) –  Peoria, ILJune 4, 2017
Bully nurses, poor training with mediocre preceptors, Can learn alot there, patients and experience to be gained is great if you are on the right floor.
The respiratory department is the worst in many many years!
Respiratory Therapist (Former Employee) –  Rockford, illinoisMay 20, 2017
You will put every hour of 12 hours in working here! When you sit down for lunch you are looked at like, shouldn't you be doing something?
The pulmonologist are very easy to talk to. They do listen to what you say in rounds. I miss them!
Management is at its all-time low. Employees don't matter. Money does. 20 therapists gone in 2 years!
Be prepared for the "IC2It" world. It's there motto and they stick to it like glue!
The hardest part of the job is being overworked and the manager.
Team work is very good with therapists.
Pros
Benefits are great
Cons
You are worked very hard. After 2 days work, you need 1 day to recooperate. Manager will not get up and help when things are rough!
Great values/mission, excellent work life balance
Registered Nurse (Former Employee) –  Escanaba, MIMay 17, 2017
OSF is an amazing place to work. Excellent values and mission, employees are treated with respect and are not a replaceable number as at many other organizations. Very family friendly work environment and competitive wages for area. Regular raises, including for cost of living.
Pros
Work life balance, friendly work environment, excellent health benefits
Cons

Ask a question about working or interviewing at OSF HealthCare. Our community is ready to answer.

2.7