OSF HealthCare Employee Reviews

Rough culture when not in a clinically based position
Exercise Physiologist (Current Employee), Bloomington, ILJuly 16, 2015
OSF HealthCare has a top down management structure with a very clinically biased view. The department that I worked in specifically was more community focused than the rest of the hospital. It made it difficult to be taken seriously.
A typical day at work
Front Office Assistant (Former Employee), Rockford, ILJuly 15, 2015
A typical day at work at OSF is very busy. We get many phone calls from patients to schedule appointments and to request medication refills. I do enjoy working with my co-workers and enjoy the patients.
busy fun and hard work
Pharmacy Technician (Current Employee), rockford illinoisJuly 8, 2015
Pros: helping people
Cons: pay
work well with co-workers the job can be very physical and very stressful but I look at it as if my family is there for care and that puts a smile on my face very day and I enjoy helping people
un organized
front office assistant (Former Employee), medical groupJune 17, 2015
Pros: none
Cons: healthcare atmosphere
poor managment, poor communication, the employment physical was brutal, had to take classes that you didnt need. They always preach what their mission is. Catholic environment.
worst job ever
CNA (Former Employee), Rockford, ILJune 4, 2015
Pros: nothing
Cons: everything
The staff is not a team player at all. They basically look at CNAs as worthless. I was new to the floor and was so disrespected by my trainer. She complained nightly how much she hated this job and didn't know why she came back to it. The RN was with a patient and said she needed to go to the bathroom but she was a 2 person lift, so I asked if she would help...her reply was I have real work to do, wait for the other CNA. After this and countless FB to say whos admitted and RNs making fun of the patients I left and never will go there again.
Excellent place to work
LPN (Current Employee), Peoria, ILJanuary 27, 2015
Good employees to work with,management good to work with. Hardest part of the job was when you get close to the residents and they pass away but it was a joy to take care of them.
OSF
Patient Access Representative-Revenue Cycle (Current Employee), Peoria, ILJanuary 26, 2015
OSF is an amazing organization to work for. Management treats employees with respect and assists with advancement within the organization. I really enjoy the patient interaction.OSF management and employees truly live by the mission.
Catholic values?
Roomservice (Former Employee), Peoria IllinoisDecember 4, 2014
Pros: benfits
Cons: management
Live the mission was preached from day one but within our department was a Junior High clique mentality from the employees that had been there the longest. No support from management regarding the situation. Communication was poor and not all employees are treated the same.
Corporate takeover
Patient Access Rep (Current Employee), Peoria, ILNovember 28, 2014
Pros: free coffee, tea, hot chocolate, hsa
Cons: sometimes so busy you don't even get breaks, management ungrateful, too corporate. stuck in a cubicle all day.
People used to rave over working for OSF. The only people who get any kind of recognition is RN's and Physician. Everything has to make their life easier even if it makes the low totem pole people work harder. Got a 14 cent raise after a year employment. This year we get a bonus but last year we didn't. You would think with all the charity they give out to the needy that they would actually pay their employees and treat them with respect. All they do is complain about what isn't getting done instead of appreciating what does get done. High turnover, they expect employees to double workload for same pay but won't allow overtime. Extremely stressful. Constant insurance hike premiums. Tons of corporate issues, low employee morale. Everything goes when you go corporate. People used to love their jobs and now they can't stand them. Sad to see such a great hospital and cause go down the tubes to men in suits. So it goes. You accrue a ton of sick time but cannot access it unless you use all PTO even with physician's letter.
Poor Management
Housekeeping (Former Employee), Peoria, IllinoisNovember 24, 2014
Pros: health benefits ( at fair cost)
Cons: everything else.
Housekeeping:
You accumulate sick time and vacation. However, you are only granted vacation days that work for them and receive an occurrence for calling in sick.
Low pay and you will only advance as far as your department's manager will allow.
Not a team orientated atmosphere.
Some employee's work hard and are honest while others are lazy and always bucking the system. These employees are not dealt with by management for fear of?
Would only advise housekeeping as a last resort for employment at OSF..
This organization was a great place to work several years ago . A family feel. But due to the new model Functional transformation( Ministry )
Technician (Current Employee), Rockford, ILOctober 10, 2014
Pros: co workers
Cons: communication . and management integrity
Many changes have taken place. Corporate takeover , employees have become numbers . Senior management is downgrading staff who have devoted there lives to this organization to serve patients and families and co workers . The morals of employees is decreasing quickly. Functional transformation is the new corporate model. Most employees are transitioning into a class called ministry which is located at corporate headquarters in Peoria,Il. It may be a good fit for temporary employment but I'm skeptical about a good career move.
Good Benefits, Good Management
Receptionist/ Office Assistant (Former Employee), Rockford, ILJuly 31, 2013
It was a pleasure working at OSF alot of GREAT people to work with everyone worked good together as a team from the nurses to the office staff. Good Management always willing to help out if any problems incurred whether it be personal or Patient issues. Family oriented environment. They really care about their employees.
It is a good company to work for with growth opportunities
OSF Healthcare System (Current Employee), Peoria, ILOctober 20, 2012
Pros: there are many perks and benefits
Cons: the drive to peoria
I am challenged every day resolving payment discrepancies and writing appeals.

I work with great management and great co-workers.
The hardest part of the job is resolving accounts for 4 hospitals.

The most enjoyable is working with the patients to appeal on their behalf and work to resolve their payment issues with the insurance companies.