OSF Saint Francis Medical Center Employee Reviews in United States

It has it's ups and downs.
Patient Care Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Peoria, ILMay 12, 2015
Employment of 10 plus years in one facility certainly means something right? Healthcare is constantly changing as is employment in healthcare. Lots of transformation happening. The benefits are pretty outstanding, great medical coverage, 401K plan is awesome, they offer tuition reimbursement. However, depending on where you go management is lacking and I don't know that its necessarily their fault. They are being pushed in a million different directions to accomplish everything under the sun so management can be sparse.
Pros
AMAZING benefits
Cons
Constant transformation, some lack of leadership/management
Great place to work excellent current patient care.
Director of Neurological Institute Operations (Former Employee) –  Peoria, ILFebruary 29, 2016
Continued education and certification was encouraged and provided
Management and co-workers were fairly easy to work with. Since the Illinois Neurological Institute is a hospital within OSFSFMC very similar in all aspects.
Pros
Same as Illinois Institute.
Cons
same as Illinois institute
Well rounded experience
student physical therapist (Former Employee) –  Peoria, ILApril 26, 2016
Everyone at this location was very welcoming and eager to assist in any and all learning opportunities. My clinical instructor and all other employees volunteered to share their expertise in the various sections of the hospital so I had a well rounded experience.
Lot of flexibiility
Clinical Dietitian (Current Employee) –  Peoria, ILJuly 17, 2016
Lot of flexibility; however, there are times where having a clinicial nutrition manager is needed...
Great Benefits
Pharmacy Technician-Certified (Current Employee) –  Peoria, ILNovember 8, 2015
Great place to work. Patient driven atmosphere. Lots of politics but overall I love my job. Most management is supportive and I grew and learned a lot working for OSF. I would recommend working for OSF to anyone.
Patient/Resident focused, treat people fairly, proper equipment to perform tasks, good quality safety programs
Training Center Specialist (Former Employee) –  Peoria, ILJuly 20, 2015
Worked with a variety of people; management, doctors, nurses, housekeeping, secretarial, dietitians, pharmacists, maintenance, etc.
Completed payroll, ordered supplies, worked with various computer programs, answered phones for department, etc
I enjoyed seeing people daily & trying to solve issues for people.
Pros
People
Cons
Not enough time in day to complete tasks
No support at manager level
REGISTERED NURSE (Former Employee) –  Peoria, ILNovember 19, 2013
As a rn you're royalty
As a manager you get no support
HR is zero help.
Admin is clueless
Go to Unity Pointe
Pros
benefits, education, experience
Cons
no support, nobody really lives the mission, the sisters would be appalled!
many opportunities
Patient Care Technician (Former Employee) –  Peoria, ILSeptember 24, 2015
OSF Saint Francis Medical Center is a large hospital that provides many professional opportunities for growth within the organization.
Poor management
Registered Nurse (Former Employee) –  Peoria, ILAugust 18, 2015
The employees are allowed to gossip far too much and the teamwork is dependent on if you are "friends" with other staff. I also believe that employees should be properly interviewed before employment is ended because the managers are allowed to tarnish a person's reputation with no questions asked.
Productive work environment, cares about patient needs.
Computed Tomography Technologist (Former Employee) –  Peoria, ILSeptember 15, 2015
Productive work environment that cares about patient needs. This company makes it able for employees to learn new things on a regular basis.
N/a
Executive Assistant, Women's Services (Former Employee) –  Peoria, ILSeptember 3, 2015
There are a lot of great people at OSF Saint Francis Medical Center. I made many friendships. There are a lot of things to do and many expectations that must be met.
Excellent place to work
Registered Nurse (Current Employee) –  Peoria, ILJuly 27, 2015
Extremely skilled and knowledgeable group of staff and physicians. Leadership listens to the surveys and takes action to improve. Probably the most well-staffed, safe, and cleanest hospitals I have ever been emplyoyed for.
Pros
Rich in knowledge and skill
A good place to work, solid ethics, great benefits, continuing education supported and encouraged.
RN (Former Employee) –  Peoria, ILJuly 23, 2015
Great co-workers, team atmosphere. Most enjoyable part of job was working with patients, seeing them get better and go home healthier and educated.
Is a nice place to work osf is like a big family.
PCT patient care technician (Current Employee) –  peoria IllnoisAugust 5, 2014
A typical day at work would be running very busy with all the patients needs, I have learned a lot of this work place, like how such a big Hospital is able to function so well having all those thousands of employees. I also learn to appreciate life and to live every day like is the last one, to enjoy every moment and to complaining less, all this by seen all those very ill patients wanting to have at least one day without feeling sick, without having to take all those everyday medications. Management is awesome never had any problems with them, the most hardest part of my job was to work in Pediatrics and have to see all those ill kids, with stories of family abuse. The most enjoyable part of my job was to be able to float to all the units of the hospital and with that increase my knowledge of the medical care.
Pros
putlucks, reunions with coworkers and meetings every month with our manager.
Cons
short breaks, due to patients always needing somethig hospital work place can be always impredicible..
Supportive and motivational work environment.
Patient Care Technician (Current Employee) –  Peoria, ILSeptember 28, 2013
I work as a patient care technician on the antepartum unit at OSF Saint Francis Medical Center. I work with an excellent group of motivated healthcare workers who always put the patient above all else. I've learned skills that are needed for the healthcare field as well as improved on my teamwork skills. The hardest part of the job is time management while the most enjoyable part of the job is working with the soon to be mothers.
OSF Saint Francis Medical Center
RN (Current Employee) –  Peoria, ILNovember 2, 2013
I am currently working at OSF Saint Francis Medical Center as a Complex Discharge Planner in the Case Management Department.

To work as a CDP one has to have very good organizational skills, be able to prioritize, trouble shoot and problem solve.
Pros
great co-workers
Cons
you do not have near as much patient contact as you would as a floor nurse
Osf sfmc
Surgery Circulator, RN. Job (Former Employee) –  Peoria, ILJune 3, 2014
If I knew then what I know now, I would never have left the OR at this facility. I thought when I left to go into a Supervisory role at the OSF Nursing Home that I was ready. I found out that I did not have the necessary skills.
Pros
very well defined policies and procedures
Exciting place to work
Surgical Technologist, Surgery Department (Former Employee) –  Peoria, ILAugust 3, 2013
Work is always different and exciting in a level 1 trauma center.
Pros
fast pace
Cons
management
management
Phlebotomist (Former Employee) –  Peoria, ILJune 9, 2014
had issues with dept. management
under new management now
hopefully things have improved
Productive work environment.
Nurse Clinician (Current Employee) –  Peoria, ILDecember 10, 2012
Neurosurgical nurse clinician doctor's office, OSF is a great place to work. Caring for neurosurgocal patients with the greatest care and love is the most enjoyable and rewarding part of my job.

4.3