OSF St. Joseph Medical Center Employee Reviews

Hospital work
Registered Nurse (Former Employee) –  Bloomington, ILOctober 30, 2017
OSF is overall great to work for. They have great benefit packages and pay is fair. I loved having the opportunity to find my roots as a nurse. I discovered that I am not one that likes to work on the med/surg floor. They have great staff and management. Hospital work was not for me.
Pros
great benefits
Cons
I can't really think of any
Excellent benefits
Medical Laboratory Technician - Generalist (Former Employee) –  Bloomington, ILOctober 22, 2017
At OSF pto isn't maxed out until you reach 400 saved hours, so that is a major perk to the job.

Excellent patient care and managers, for the most part, listen to employee concers.
PATIENT CARE LIAISON (Volunteer) (Former Employee) –  Bloomington, ILSeptember 7, 2017
Working here was a truly unique experience. The visionaries that created the company operate it with the same passion that they have put into the products themselves by focusing on the work-life balance of their employees, and creating a positive and relaxed work environment that still meets high demands and hard deadlines
Micro Manage to the Max
Non-clinical (Former Employee) –  Bloomington, ILAugust 2, 2017
You have heard the phrase, "Before you tell me how to do my job, first, you have to know how to do my job". Unfortunately, you have people walking around with three piece suits and clip boards trying to look important and HR personnel working in directors positions who do not have a clue as how to run anything efficiently. Yet, these very same people will tell you how you are supposed to do your job even though they do not have the slightest idea of how to do so. The multi layers of management overseeing departments portrays the epitome of micro management and they refuse to let you do what you need to to be successful in your position. Identify a deficiency and you will be told it isn't in the budget. If you are looking for personal growth, this is not the place for you.
Pros
Non-management staff are great to work with.
Cons
Micromanagement and substandard pay
Great place to intern
Senior Health Information Management Intern (Former Employee) –  Bloomington, ILJuly 7, 2017
The organization allowed me to practice coding hands-on and assisted me with career development activities. They helped me sign up for my RHIA and answered any questions I had. Everyone was so sweet and it was overall a great experience.
Nice
MRI Technologist (Former Employee) –  Bloomington, ILJuly 5, 2017
Nice place with helpful technologists. One machine with pretty busy call. At the time, there were some management issues, but I heard that they've since been resolved.
Fun and comfortable environment
Volunteer, Disaster Recovery Team Lead + IT (Former Employee) –  Bloomington, ILJune 14, 2017
Every day was fun and exciting and while I was only a volunteer I really got a feel for the hospital, everyone is like family and there are people there for you at any time.
Security Officer (Current Employee) –  Bloomington, ILApril 4, 2017
Awesome place to work. Great environment with great integrity. I never had a problem with management.The staff was always helping with any issue I had.
Pros
Helping staff
benefits
Fun place to work
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Bloomington, IllinoisAugust 6, 2015
A typical day in the office could change depending on the calendar.

I updated Policy/Procedure policies for the Nursing Directors.
I scheduled any meetings or appointments necessary for management.
I attended and completed meeting notes when requested.
Contacted personnel when needed for Administrator, Nursing Services or Medical Director.
Completed forms for reimbursement for E.D. Physicians.
Pros
Learning much with medical terminology
Cons
No cons - had 4 child; child care costs to high to continue to work.
Innovative co-workers
Cardiac Screening Assistant (Current Employee) –  Bloomington, ILJanuary 20, 2015
The Center for Healthy Lifestyles at OSF St. Joseph Medical Center is a wonderful place to work. My co-workers are innovative and creative. They are always thinking of ways to help the employees and the community lead healthier lifestyles. A typical day of work includes entering data, managing personal wellness profiles, screening community members, and producing wellness challenges. I enjoy interacting with community members and diverse populations. The Center for Healthy Lifestyles strives for a healthier workplace and community.

Want to know more about OSF St. Joseph Medical Center?

Ask a question
Teamwork is key
Respiratory Therapist, RRT (Current Employee) –  Bloomington, ILAugust 19, 2014
A typical night at work is providing excellent patient care, following physician orders, administering respiratory care, and working as a team with all departments.
The most enjoyable part of the job is watching someone that came into the hospital ill get better and go home.
not a good environment to work
MRI Technologist (Current Employee) –  Bloomington, ILOctober 18, 2013
I like the people I work with. Management are micro-managers
Pros
patients
Cons
unable to provide proper care.
Best place to work
Center for Healthy Lifestyles Intern (Former Employee) –  Bloomington, ILSeptember 6, 2013
OSF is one of the best places to work. I was an unpaid intern and it was still one of the best experiences in my life. The women in my department were helpful and supportive with anything I needed. The management and my coworkers were a joy to work with.
Flexible and give away opportunities
Pharmacy Graduate Intern (Current Employee) –  Bloomington, ILNovember 12, 2012
Typica days at work are pretty steady. Variety personality of my co-workers make my day more exciting. There are always new rules that improve patient safety and care, so I learn new things or new ways every day I come to work. My boss is very generous to everyone and always give people chances. working here, you are sure that no matter how many mistakes you may make, you always have a chance to fix and improve.
Pros
always give second and third and forth...chances. employee-dominant workplace!
Cons
overall - none