Oshkosh Corporation Employee Reviews

Horrible
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Lehi, UTApril 16, 2017
The general manager there does absolutely nothing and is very rude and unhelpful to customers and employees. The environment without her around is usually very good, though. Everything is well organized. I loved all of my coworkers, they made it very fun.
Pros
Cons
Bad attitude
Fun and good place to work
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Myrtle Beach, SCApril 12, 2017
Is a great place with good people not much more to say then that great environment with good people and atmosphere good hours steady pase not to hard to remember
Pros
Great people
Cons
Short breaks
Nope
Assembly Line Worker (Former Employee) –  Orrville, OHApril 7, 2017
They love to lie to their employees, Record breaking profits year after year but did away with Christmas bonus after making everyone think they were getting one. They also make you save your vacation days for shutdown week. The Orrville location upset so many people after announcing the companies shutdown that they have to install metal detectors and hire armed guards to deter angry employees. never seen anything like it. 600 people out of a job many of whom have worked there for years and bleed for that company. SICKENING. JLG = jokes lies and games
Pros
20 mins in bathroom every day = week paid vacation per year
Cons
MANAGEMENT
Big company without focus
Quality Technician / Inspector (Current Employee) –  Orrville, OHMarch 30, 2017
Just a number, lack of direction, only out for the company, employees bend over backwards for minimal rewards. Relocates product lines a lot which drives turn over rate high.
Pros
N/A
Cons
High insurance cost, live at work, lack of management
Fine if you just keep your head down.
Welder/Maintenance (Former Employee) –  Dodge Center, MNMarch 28, 2017
Worked as a welder for 4yrs and it was good until I moved to a better position in the company and was given roles above my pay grade to which I brought up to my superiors and then let go.
Pros
overtime overtime overtime
Cons
management
Overall industry leader
Senior Designer, pumper value stream (Former Employee) –  Appleton, WIMarch 24, 2017
Exciting problem solving design work with a charismatic product.
Superior management team focused on innovation, performance & customer satisfaction.
Pros
Excellent benefits, great customer satisfaction record/repeat business
Cons
Narrow niche industry
Good Overall
Web Applications Intern (Current Employee) –  Oshkosh, WIMarch 10, 2017
It is a very people first environment. There is a pretty good amount of transparency up to the highest level. From what I saw, they were great at allowing a work and life balance.
JLG Greencastle
Design Engineering Intern (Former Employee) –  Greencastle, PAMarch 7, 2017
I interned for JLG, a company owned by Oshkosh. The people there were great and they trusted interns with meaningful tasks and projects. I never was looking for anything to do.
Hostile work environment stay away
Team Leader (Former Employee) –  Orrville, OHMarch 3, 2017
They are closing their doors in Sept so there is no future a typical day would be to come into a crappie ran like dirt place ,the company onlyou cares about making money for the corporation they make you work 7 days a week after they tell you they are closing the facility down,stay away from this place
Cons
Overall a good company to work for.
Director of Continuous Improvement (Current Employee) –  Dodge Center, MNFebruary 11, 2017
Overall Oshkosh is a good company to work for and they do a lot to be a people first company. The leadership works to listen to the people and make changes to improve the culture.
Pros
People first culture
Cons
Changes do not make it down to floor level at times causing trust issues.
Unhappy work place
Electrician (Current Employee) –  Bradenton, FLFebruary 1, 2017
Most of the workers are lazy and complain. I feel it can be a better work place if the environment was more appreciated by the workers and if they were more motivated. The management is lacking in attention to the workers, tools, and proper production. There is little disciplinary action toward the workers and there misconduct. The attendance is extremely strict with little understanding for medical issues and personal life, but the attendance policy is tolerable. There is a lot of communication between the team leads and supervisors, but most of the communication is either too late, unnecessary, or misconstrued amongst the leadership.
Pros
Great benefits
Cons
Negative environment
never worked here
Field Service Engineer (Former Employee) –  Littlestown, PAJanuary 26, 2017
never worked here. no idea why INDEED thinks so but it dows.
May be a fine company I have no idea.
I have to fill this out to move on it appears. I need six more characters.
Pros
ok
Cons
ok
Inside Sales
Material Handler/Forklift Operator (Former Employee) –  Villa Rica, GAJanuary 13, 2017
I worked as an inside sales rep for McNeilus for may years. I was fortunate to learn a great deal about B2B sales. I enjoyed building relationships and taking care of each business.
Pros
money
Cons
time
Fun place to work
broadcast systems integrator (Current Employee) –  Clearwater, FLJanuary 7, 2017
They are very loyal to the employees. The money is okay. Very good work history building job. It is like an extended family.If I didn't travel 170 miles a day to get to this job, it would be a more profitable place to work for me.
Pros
overtime, stability, fun.
Cons
raises are not great. My commute.
Amazing
Assembler (Current Employee) –  Oshkosh, WIDecember 30, 2016
Oshkosh corp is amazing and they care about their people. I would deffinately recommend this place to anyone thats looking for a long term career. They like to promote from with-in so there is plenty of room to expand and grow.
Pros
Cons
N/a
I guess it ok
Welder (Current Employee) –  Dodge Center, MNDecember 14, 2016
The job that I did it really hard labor.
Because everyday you have to face the heat 400 degree right next to the face and object of the part it really heavy no less than 700lb.
I'll have to used the krank to lifted .
I don't feel safe at that position at work it can put you in danger anything can happen as second.
Pros
Great pay
Cons
Bad management
Great place.
Welder (Former Employee) –  McConnellsburg, PADecember 12, 2016
Safe and fun, great people and great technology. would go back in a second if i had the chance. i miss the atmosphere and would be honored to step back in that building
travel alot
Field Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Oshkosh, WIDecember 5, 2016
If you a family this is not the job for you. Always on the road or out of the country. Hard work and long hours working on trucks an military equipment.
Na
Painter (Former Employee) –  Riceville, IA 50466November 30, 2016
Oshkosh overworks their employees. The job itself is okay but they have shortages in areas. They will find reasons to not give raises. The hours are okay and uniforms are provided.
Bad Work Life Balance
Manufacturing Engineer (Current Employee) –  Dodge Center, MNNovember 18, 2016
Flexible Job but Work/Life Balance is bad. There could be more flexible work schedule or better hours. If accepting a job make sure to ask for additional PTO to start out.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Oshkosh Corporation. Our community is ready to answer.