Oshkosh Corporation Employee Reviews

N/a
Assembler/Production (Former Employee) –  Appleton, WINovember 8, 2017
N/a, no comment, nothing to say, just gonna type words because need 150 to submit. So here we go. Just a few more words now almost there.....and done.
Great people, great challenges with great opportunity
Project Manager/IT Consultant (Former Employee) –  Oshkosh, WINovember 8, 2017
I really enjoyed working the projects, the level of collaboration and team work made me feel there was nothing we couldn't accomplish. I hope to return there very soon.
Decent place to work
Configuration Analyst (Former Employee) –  Sterling Heights, MINovember 7, 2017
Nothings stands out about my time at Oshkosh. It is mostly military and large trucks. Excellent product quality, workers really care about final product.
Pros
nice work environment
Cons
not much in advancement opportunities
Management's words and actions don't match
Supply Chain (Former Employee) –  Greenville, WIOctober 30, 2017
Management stresses how valuable employees are, yet, are willing to eliminate positions in order to meet short term financial goals regardless of the impact to employees.
ok place to work
Production Worker (Former Employee) –  Shippensburg, PA 17257October 29, 2017
my job title was a assembling jlg booms for the 600aj lifts. i performed necessary visual inspections of the product including grind, drilling and fab work. i also installed hood as well.
Pros
steady work
Cons
sometimes unsafe working environment
interesting place to work
Maintenance Mechanic (Current Employee) –  Bedford, PAOctober 29, 2017
maintain all of facility machine repairs and anything to do with replacement of lights and bulbs.. these are things that i enjoy doing. learned to repair different type of machines than i have worked on before.
Was a great place to work closing up and consolidating
CNC Operator/Machinist (Former Employee) –  Orrville, OHOctober 23, 2017
Started as a material handler, work up to a machine operator, machining parts on a cnc HBM. Place had good benefits cared for there employees. Held open houses for family memebers to come and see what you did for a living feed everyone had things for the kids to do while parents toured tge plant.
Pros
Ability to advance good pay and benefits
Military
Production welder/robotics (Former Employee) –  Oshkosh, WIOctober 16, 2017
I was proud building equipment to protect our Military Forces. Almost was like helping the soldier in the field of combat.

Proud to be an American.

Thank you !!!
Pros
Pride
People First Takeover
Lead (Current Employee) –  Oshkosh, WIOctober 13, 2017
Oshkosh has always been a great place to work in the fact our team is supporting such an important product. The difference-maker in today's Oshkosh is that the culture has improved tenfold. The People First initiative has taken over and leaders have adopted it strongly. It's a wonderful time to be on the Oshkosh team.
Pros
CEO Driving a People First Culture, Work is Meaningful, Opportunity to Make a Difference, Competitive Compensation, Room for Professional Growth, Strong Benefits, Work/Life Balance
Cons
Older facilities, but that may be changing
military contractor
General Assembler (Former Employee) –  Oshkosh, WIOctober 9, 2017
military contractor I worked there ten years ago don't have an opinion
my purpose is to find a job not do your serveys. I should be job searching five more characters to go
Pros
government job
Cons
government job
Manager (Current Employee) –  Appleton, WIOctober 2, 2017
The management of Oshkosh is very solid and well focused. They hire quality people and the work environment is positive. This is a company with a solid future.
Excellent company to work for.
Assembler (Former Employee) –  Orrville, OHOctober 2, 2017
My time spent with JLG was enjoyable. This was only a temporary assignment lasting 90 days. In that time I became proficient in working 3 different areas of the SkyTrac Industrial Lift manufacturing assembly line.
Company moving out of Ohio
Distribution Specialist (Former Employee) –  Orrville, OHOctober 1, 2017
This was one of the best jobs I've had. Working in distribution was a very relaxed job. We got everything done and worked quickly but it was very rarely stressful. The way they handled the company wide layoff and the factory shut down was not the best.
Long days,stressful,hard to work with management.
Welder Duties (Former Employee) –  Oshkosh, WISeptember 25, 2017
Long days,most times could be very stressful.I learned a lot about myself and my ability to advance my welding skills.Management was usually hard to get anything done with.Co-workers were fantastic.Hardest part of the job was working with management.Most enjoyable was the welding itself and good co-workers.
Pros
good wages
Cons
management
Would not recommend working here
Electronic Technician (Former Employee) –  Clearwater, FL 33762September 19, 2017
Hourly rate was not fair, too much overtime. Was working 12 hours a day including weekends. No job advancement, once you start working you will be at the same position for ever.
Cons
short breaks, long hours hardly any weekends off
Say one thing but do another
Material Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Oshkosh, WIAugust 30, 2017
This company loves to promise you the world but in reality they just plan on screwing you over. It is a rewarding job as you get to be apart of building vehicles for our Military but Management has their own agenda and they will screw you over so they can get ahead.
Working here is like playing Russian roulette
Currently Prep and Trim Tech (Current Employee) –  Oshkosh, WIAugust 14, 2017
Hired as a welder worked for 15 years as a welder been through three work related back surgeries ended up with a disability from injuries. Company fired me for performance because of my disability than offered me a job with lower pay. Disability Harassment and Discrimination and there is nothing a person can do about it. I wish I would of thought twice about my job. Lost my skilled trade because of it.
Pros
Union
Cons
Management, working environment
Safety
Equipment Operator (Current Employee) –  Shippensburg, PAAugust 10, 2017
Safely drive my forklift outside to the tire area. Then go and get a tugger and make my rounds to the lines to get empty carts and find out what tires they need for the first machine. Go back outside and hop on the forklift to put the needed tires on carts that i will then tug to the line. Certain lines need other parts that i too go and get. In my spare time i clean outside.
Pros
8 hour days
Cons
downtime
Fun workplace
Painter (Former Employee) –  Kewaunee, WIAugust 8, 2017
People are easy to get along with. The work is really easy. When you have ladders to paint, it makes the night go by fast. You learn something new everyday and you always stay busy.
Has been great to me
MANUFACTURING ENGINEER INTERN (Former Employee) –  McConnellsburg, PAAugust 7, 2017
Unfortunately they had to shut down the Orrville Ohio plant. A lot of good people will be losing there job, overall though it was a great place to work with good leaders who helped me grow.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Oshkosh Corporation. Our community is ready to answer.