Oshkosh Corporation Employee Reviews

Unhappy work place
Electrician (Current Employee) –  Bradenton, FLFebruary 1, 2017
Most of the workers are lazy and complain. I feel it can be a better work place if the environment was more appreciated by the workers and if they were more motivated. The management is lacking in attention to the workers, tools, and proper production. There is little disciplinary action toward the workers and there misconduct. The attendance is extremely strict with little understanding for medical issues and personal life, but the attendance policy is tolerable. There is a lot of communication between the team leads and supervisors, but most of the communication is either too late, unnecessary, or misconstrued amongst the leadership.
Pros
Great benefits
Cons
Negative environment
never worked here
Field Service Engineer (Former Employee) –  Littlestown, PAJanuary 26, 2017
never worked here. no idea why INDEED thinks so but it dows.
May be a fine company I have no idea.
I have to fill this out to move on it appears. I need six more characters.
Pros
ok
Cons
ok
Inside Sales
Material Handler/Forklift Operator (Former Employee) –  Villa Rica, GAJanuary 13, 2017
I worked as an inside sales rep for McNeilus for may years. I was fortunate to learn a great deal about B2B sales. I enjoyed building relationships and taking care of each business.
Pros
money
Cons
time
Fun place to work
broadcast systems integrator (Current Employee) –  Clearwater, FLJanuary 7, 2017
They are very loyal to the employees. The money is okay. Very good work history building job. It is like an extended family.If I didn't travel 170 miles a day to get to this job, it would be a more profitable place to work for me.
Pros
overtime, stability, fun.
Cons
raises are not great. My commute.
Amazing
Assembler (Current Employee) –  Oshkosh, WIDecember 30, 2016
Oshkosh corp is amazing and they care about their people. I would deffinately recommend this place to anyone thats looking for a long term career. They like to promote from with-in so there is plenty of room to expand and grow.
Pros
Cons
N/a
I guess it ok
Welder (Current Employee) –  Dodge Center, MNDecember 14, 2016
The job that I did it really hard labor.
Because everyday you have to face the heat 400 degree right next to the face and object of the part it really heavy no less than 700lb.
I'll have to used the krank to lifted .
I don't feel safe at that position at work it can put you in danger anything can happen as second.
Pros
Great pay
Cons
Bad management
Great place.
Welder (Former Employee) –  McConnellsburg, PADecember 12, 2016
Safe and fun, great people and great technology. would go back in a second if i had the chance. i miss the atmosphere and would be honored to step back in that building
travel alot
Field Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Oshkosh, WIDecember 5, 2016
If you a family this is not the job for you. Always on the road or out of the country. Hard work and long hours working on trucks an military equipment.
Na
Painter (Former Employee) –  Riceville, IA 50466November 30, 2016
Oshkosh overworks their employees. The job itself is okay but they have shortages in areas. They will find reasons to not give raises. The hours are okay and uniforms are provided.
Bad Work Life Balance
Manufacturing Engineer (Current Employee) –  Dodge Center, MNNovember 18, 2016
Flexible Job but Work/Life Balance is bad. There could be more flexible work schedule or better hours. If accepting a job make sure to ask for additional PTO to start out.
Training Center environment was embarrassing
Trainer (Former Employee) –  Oshkosh WIONovember 2, 2016
Would not recommend this job. Very unprofessional work environment insides this training center. The management was very poor and insulting to the employees.
Great managment team
Software Configuration Specialist (Current Employee) –  Dodge Center, MNNovember 1, 2016
Great managers, they want you to succeed as does the rest of the company. Coworkers are nice too and helpful when you need something. Hardest part of job is long commute. Enjoy the surroundings and atmosphere.
Pros
Room for advancement
Cons
Long Commute
getting paid was fun
Operations Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Dodge Center, MNOctober 13, 2016
a great job wit good environment no noComputer numerically controlled, Programmable Logic Controller, blue prints, computer programming skills, Routers Plasma &Laser cutters. Milling, lathes machines.
- Hands-on experience in lathe operations and drill-press operations, Adept at operating forklift and pallet jack
- Specialized courses in factory machine functioning and handling , highly skilled in the safe and efficient use of tools
- Conceptual Skills, Process Improvement, Verbal Communication, Functional and Technical Skills, Controls and Instrumentation, Supply Management, Tooling, Coordination, Inventory Control, Quality Control jkl
Good
Welder/assembler (Current Employee) –  Clearwater, FLOctober 10, 2016
Good hard working shows up to work on time every day I do not miss day's and a self motivator who can read a tape measure to the 64th and read blueprints
Electrician
team leader and safety leader (Former Employee) –  Oshkosh, WISeptember 18, 2016
Was the best company ever, but unfortunately the company went under after the son couldn't work around live wires anymore. I loved it here and wish I could still be there!
JLG Manlifts
Utility Mechanic (Former Employee) –  McConnellsburg, PAAugust 24, 2016
work was enjoyable coworkers fun to work with,sometimes finding parts was the hardest part of the job.i learned how to read blueprints.
Pros
job is close to home
Cons
pay was not very good
Employees not happy
Integration Technician (Former Employee) –  Clearwater, FLAugust 3, 2016
I was told from day 1 to leave and find another job from at least 95% of all employees I came in contact with. It's a sweat shop that pays nothing. But, the people that put up with it are cool.
Pros
Cons
A bell to indicate breaks & lunch, as well as cameras always watching you
best place to work
Assembler (Former Employee) –  McConnellsburg, PAAugust 2, 2016
The number one thing to remember at any company is safety. I really loved working for jlg in the past 5 years. I know everyone looked up to me when they needed help to get caught up or stuck on something. I get my kicks by helping others as much as I can..and in return I gain respect in so many different ways. Jlg is the best work experience that I have ever come acrossed. It doesn't matter what shift you were on everyone there is family because they pull together and treat you as if you where. I have never had rough times or bad days working for them. It was the best experience.
Good Job
Parts department Lead (Former Employee) –  Grand Rapids, MIJuly 18, 2016
Great company to work for, has a real "family" like atmosphere. The pay is great, the benefits are average. I would say that overall this is a really good company to work for.
The best company!!
Quality Supervisor / Assistant Site Lead (Current Employee) –  Oshkosh, WIJuly 7, 2016
This company is one of the best to work for. I have learned so much from my many leads that has helped me further my career. I look forward to work for they in the future.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Oshkosh Corporation. Our community is ready to answer.