Oshkosh Corporation Employee Reviews

Working here is like playing Russian roulette
Currently Prep and Trim Tech (Current Employee) –  Oshkosh, WIAugust 14, 2017
Hired as a welder worked for 15 years as a welder been through three work related back surgeries ended up with a disability from injuries. Company fired me for performance because of my disability than offered me a job with lower pay. Disability Harassment and Discrimination and there is nothing a person can do about it. I wish I would of thought twice about my job. Lost my skilled trade because of it.
Pros
Union
Cons
Management, working environment
Safety
Equipment Operator (Current Employee) –  Shippensburg, PAAugust 10, 2017
Safely drive my forklift outside to the tire area. Then go and get a tugger and make my rounds to the lines to get empty carts and find out what tires they need for the first machine. Go back outside and hop on the forklift to put the needed tires on carts that i will then tug to the line. Certain lines need other parts that i too go and get. In my spare time i clean outside.
Pros
8 hour days
Cons
downtime
Fun workplace
Painter (Former Employee) –  Kewaunee, WIAugust 8, 2017
People are easy to get along with. The work is really easy. When you have ladders to paint, it makes the night go by fast. You learn something new everyday and you always stay busy.
Has been great to me
MANUFACTURING ENGINEER INTERN (Former Employee) –  McConnellsburg, PAAugust 7, 2017
Unfortunately they had to shut down the Orrville Ohio plant. A lot of good people will be losing there job, overall though it was a great place to work with good leaders who helped me grow.
Good place to work.
Picker (Current Employee) –  Orrville, OHAugust 6, 2017
Good place to work. They are very clean and all about safety. If it wasn't for them closing the Orrville site I'd try to be hired into the company since I'm currently a contractor.
good job
RND (Tester) (Former Employee) –  Nashville, OHAugust 3, 2017
steady income, good pay, good insurance. liked working with the co workers, all worked as team at meeting deadlines. would recommend this to anyone.
Pros
pay
Cons
drive to work
Engineer
CORPORATE PLANT ENGINEER (Former Employee) –  Oshkosh, WIJuly 24, 2017
Awesome company to work for.
Opportunities! Very cool products being produced. Global company! Supporting our troops with an absolutely critical transport item!
Good for beginners
Senior Supplier Manager (Former Employee) –  Oshkosh, WIJuly 18, 2017
This is a company that is good for new employees to the field of Purchasing. I would not recommend this place for skilled professionals. This is a good place to start. Teaches you expediting processes.
Messaging Analyst (Former Employee) –  Appleton, WIJuly 12, 2017
Great place to work with some excellent changes in the pipeline. Oshkosh has a multi-headed behemoth of a dragon on their hands with their legacy systems but are taking the necessary steps to slay this dragon.
Pros
Tuition reimbursement, summer hours
Great maintenance team
Maintenance Technician (Former Employee) –  Bradenton, FLJune 30, 2017
Great place to work in the maintenance department. Each day was something new and I had the pleasure of working with very knowledgeable group of guys.
Union Work
Material Handler (Former Employee) –  Oshkosh, WIJune 28, 2017
The company has changed for the better in the last decade or so. They strive to be the best, and are working towards OSHA's Voluntary Protection Program.
Pros
Generally job security.
Cons
Still have to deal with new management or union persons.
Entrepreneurial Spirit
Global Planning, Timing, and Inventory Manager (Current Employee) –  Oshkosh, WIJune 26, 2017
Oshkosh Corp. provides me with a broad scope of responsibilities across four highly distinct business segments. Many new business development efforts ongoing consecutively which presents challenges that require flexibility and highly adaptive mindset.
Fun place to work
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Murfreesboro, TNJune 18, 2017
Allows you to understand what parents are looking for.
great for first time retail people
gives you great experience with childrens' clothes
They work with your schedule if you're in school as well
welcoming enviorment
Data entry (Former Employee) –  Tulare, CAJune 13, 2017
all the employees there are very friendly and understanding. the make you feel like everyone is apart one big family. Also they tech many different things that you can use in other jobs once you leave there.
fun workplace at times
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Cypress, TXJune 13, 2017
a typical day at work was not too bad. if we had shipment we would do it but most of the time we would just have duties that we had to do. the managers are very sweet. i think the hardest part of the job was the fact that during holidays the store looked a mess and we had to literally fix the whole store. overall working here was very fun.
Inventory Lead (Current Employee) –  Greenville, WIJune 12, 2017
Good place to work, overtime usually available. Good people to work with. Room for advancement in the job. HR has good communication with the employees as well
Decent
Assembler/Production (Former Employee) –  McConnellsburg, PAJune 9, 2017
JLG is like high school. You're either with the cool kids and don't have to worry about your job or you're getting screwed over because of favoritism.
Loved my job here.
Painter (Former Employee) –  McConnellsburg, PAJune 5, 2017
Wonderful place to work. The money is ok could be better. The atmosphere at work was awesome. Worked with great people and friends. Most of the supervisors were easy going also.
Good job great discounts
Forklift Operator (Former Employee) –  Whitehouse, TNJune 5, 2017
Work with kids clothes, got real good discount on clothes. Management was great people to work for. And all around place and people to work for. Relax company.
Pros
Good discount
Cons
Shut down company.
Fun and rewarding workplace
Key Holder (Current Employee) –  Tuscola, ILMay 28, 2017
The company really cares about its employees. There is room to move up in to company. They want to see their employees grow as people and help them with that journey.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Oshkosh Corporation. Our community is ready to answer.