Oshkosh Corporation Employee Reviews

Unhappy work place
Electrician (Current Employee) –  Bradenton, FLFebruary 1, 2017
Most of the workers are lazy and complain. I feel it can be a better work place if the environment was more appreciated by the workers and if they were more motivated. The management is lacking in attention to the workers, tools, and proper production. There is little disciplinary action toward the workers and there misconduct. The attendance is extremely strict with little understanding for medical issues and personal life, but the attendance policy is tolerable. There is a lot of communication between the team leads and supervisors, but most of the communication is either too late, unnecessary, or misconstrued amongst the leadership.
Pros
Great benefits
Cons
Negative environment
Fun place to work
broadcast systems integrator (Current Employee) –  Clearwater, FLJanuary 7, 2017
They are very loyal to the employees. The money is okay. Very good work history building job. It is like an extended family.If I didn't travel 170 miles a day to get to this job, it would be a more profitable place to work for me.
Pros
overtime, stability, fun.
Cons
raises are not great. My commute.
Na
Painter (Former Employee) –  Riceville, IA 50466November 30, 2016
Oshkosh overworks their employees. The job itself is okay but they have shortages in areas. They will find reasons to not give raises. The hours are okay and uniforms are provided.
Horrible stay away
Painter (Former Employee) –  Dodge Center, MNApril 9, 2016
Management is a joke, the only way to get a decent raise and promotions is to be best friends with management. HR doesn't fix any problems always take managements side. I've seen lazy good for nothing employees get promoted and good raises because of favoritism. If you're not white don't expect to get far in this company. Never seen a supervisor or higher that isn't white. Hours are long and working conditions are poor. Company says too cost effective to improve conditions... Horrible leaky roofs, air is poor quality in building, gear they supply is cheap, unrealistic daily goals... All about profit and minimizing / cuting corners everywhere they can. Say they are about quality but if only customers knew the corners that are cut. Pay is also horrible for the work. STAY AWAY!
Pros
Cons
Too many
getting paid was fun
Operations Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Dodge Center, MNOctober 13, 2016
a great job wit good environment no noComputer numerically controlled, Programmable Logic Controller, blue prints, computer programming skills, Routers Plasma &Laser cutters. Milling, lathes machines.
- Hands-on experience in lathe operations and drill-press operations, Adept at operating forklift and pallet jack
- Specialized courses in factory machine functioning and handling , highly skilled in the safe and efficient use of tools
- Conceptual Skills, Process Improvement, Verbal Communication, Functional and Technical Skills, Controls and Instrumentation, Supply Management, Tooling, Coordination, Inventory Control, Quality Control jkl
Overall a good company to work for.
Director of Continuous Improvement (Current Employee) –  Dodge Center, MNFebruary 11, 2017
Overall Oshkosh is a good company to work for and they do a lot to be a people first company. The leadership works to listen to the people and make changes to improve the culture.
Pros
People first culture
Cons
Changes do not make it down to floor level at times causing trust issues.
If you like working mandatory overtime all summer, this is the place for you!
Maintenance Technician (Former Employee) –  Appleton, WIApril 25, 2016
Poor management and terrible communication. Overworked production and fabrication employees. Job pride is not as strong as it used to be, and products are suffering due to poor moral and lack of management support. Your peers are fun to work with but it is very difficult to advance within the production side of the company, as they are adamantly a non-union company, so there is barely any protection from poor management and they work on the good ol boy progressive system, they say they don't, but they do.
If you maintain good attendance and don't question their decisions, you are rather safe for job security, as your opinion or suggestions don't matter but it makes you a troublemaker.
Their benefits are decent, and they have an in-house nurse and a contracted physical therapy company that works with employee injuries in house. But management doesn't like you to be broken through their push on production, so suck it up and keep working.
Pros
Decent benefits, health, vision, life insurance, HSA, dental and 401k and Oshkosh stock purchase options.
Cons
Poor management and communication, tons of mandatory overtime
Fast paced and learning environment
Industrial Engineer (Current Employee) –  Oshkosh, WIMarch 10, 2016
Oshkosh Defense is a very fast paced company that encourages their employees to continuously learn. Stress levels are normally very high as our customers create deadlines that are extremely tight. As an engineer, you will gain knowledge in all kinds of mechanical systems, electrical systems, pneumatic systems, etc. The coolest part about this job is the product. I truly enjoyed taking these trucks apart. The hardest part of the job is dealing with the management for unrealistic expectations. Overall, this is not a bad place to work if you are trying to learn and grow your skill sets to move on to another company.
I guess it ok
Welder (Current Employee) –  Dodge Center, MNDecember 14, 2016
The job that I did it really hard labor.
Because everyday you have to face the heat 400 degree right next to the face and object of the part it really heavy no less than 700lb.
I'll have to used the krank to lifted .
I don't feel safe at that position at work it can put you in danger anything can happen as second.
Pros
Great pay
Cons
Bad management
Amazing
Assembler (Current Employee) –  Oshkosh, WIDecember 30, 2016
Oshkosh corp is amazing and they care about their people. I would deffinately recommend this place to anyone thats looking for a long term career. They like to promote from with-in so there is plenty of room to expand and grow.
Pros
Cons
N/a
Bad Work Life Balance
Manufacturing Engineer (Current Employee) –  Dodge Center, MNNovember 18, 2016
Flexible Job but Work/Life Balance is bad. There could be more flexible work schedule or better hours. If accepting a job make sure to ask for additional PTO to start out.
Great managment team
Software Configuration Specialist (Current Employee) –  Dodge Center, MNNovember 1, 2016
Great managers, they want you to succeed as does the rest of the company. Coworkers are nice too and helpful when you need something. Hardest part of job is long commute. Enjoy the surroundings and atmosphere.
Pros
Room for advancement
Cons
Long Commute
travel alot
Field Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Oshkosh, WIDecember 5, 2016
If you a family this is not the job for you. Always on the road or out of the country. Hard work and long hours working on trucks an military equipment.
Training Center environment was embarrassing
Trainer (Former Employee) –  Oshkosh WIONovember 2, 2016
Would not recommend this job. Very unprofessional work environment insides this training center. The management was very poor and insulting to the employees.
Productive, Hard Working, Fun Place
ES Line Deck Builder (Former Employee) –  Shippensburg, PAJune 11, 2016
JLG is a great place to work. The people are VERY friendly, and are willing to help you. A typical day at work on the electric mini scissor lifts is you go in through the side doors, clock in, go to your assigned line, then you want to try to get there early so you can prep your work station, then you have a company or line meeting. Then, you go back to your station and get to work. You get three breaks throughout the day,and you can talk to people in your station. The management is very fair and will try to help you with anything. The hardest part of the job is remembering what goes where, however the most enjoyable part is seeing the finished product of what you made.
Very productive
Assembler (Former Employee) –  McConnellsburg, PAApril 3, 2016
A typical day of work consists of an 8 hour shift. I worked night shift so I worked sunday night through Thursday night. I had off Friday night and Saturday night. The hardest part of the job was staying up all night and working, and it was hard to sleep through the day. The most enjoyable part was working with my co-workers. The management was very good and I learned how to work on an assembly line
Pros
good benefits
Cons
non paid lunch
Hostile work environment stay away
Team Leader (Former Employee) –  Orrville, OHMarch 3, 2017
They are closing their doors in Sept so there is no future a typical day would be to come into a crappie ran like dirt place ,the company onlyou cares about making money for the corporation they make you work 7 days a week after they tell you they are closing the facility down,stay away from this place
JLG Greencastle
Design Engineering Intern (Former Employee) –  Greencastle, PAMarch 7, 2017
I interned for JLG, a company owned by Oshkosh. The people there were great and they trusted interns with meaningful tasks and projects. I never was looking for anything to do.
best place to work
Assembler (Former Employee) –  McConnellsburg, PAAugust 2, 2016
The number one thing to remember at any company is safety. I really loved working for jlg in the past 5 years. I know everyone looked up to me when they needed help to get caught up or stuck on something. I get my kicks by helping others as much as I can..and in return I gain respect in so many different ways. Jlg is the best work experience that I have ever come acrossed. It doesn't matter what shift you were on everyone there is family because they pull together and treat you as if you where. I have never had rough times or bad days working for them. It was the best experience.
Good Overall
Web Applications Intern (Current Employee) –  Oshkosh, WIMarch 10, 2017
It is a very people first environment. There is a pretty good amount of transparency up to the highest level. From what I saw, they were great at allowing a work and life balance.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Oshkosh Corporation. Our community is ready to answer.

79%