Oshkosh Truck Corporation

Oshkosh Truck Corporation Employer Reviews

good steady employment until work load dropped
Welder of sub assemblies, clamp, hold, tack (Current Employee), Oshkosh, WIJuly 15, 2014
Pros: very good wages
Cons: management and union did not work well together
Welding parts for military vehicles while making a nice wage. Good steady job and for the most part a decent place to work.
assembler
Assembler (Former Employee), Oshkosh, WIJuly 15, 2014
Good place to work for the money. Management are very young and don't have the experience to make the best decisions.
Fun place to work
Sr. Bill of Material Coordinator (Former Employee), Oshkosh, WIJuly 8, 2014
Everyone is very friendly and easy to work with. I enjoyed my years working there.
Good pay for the work required, poorly run
Welder (Former Employee), Oshkosh, WiJuly 6, 2014
Management tries to run the weld shop like an assembly line.
Management has little knowledge of the work being done.
Pay is good.
It was a good place to work
Financial Analysis & Planning Intern (Former Employee), Oshkosh, WIJuly 1, 2014
Created reports for upper management each month along with other various tasks.
Good place to learn various assembly skills.
Assembler (Current Employee), Oshkosh, WIJune 26, 2014
Pros: good wages and benefits
Cons: lack of communication at times between work force and management.
A typical day at work includes readying yourself with tools, parts, and hardware to complete a particular phase in the assembly of a variety of truck cabs within the allotted time frame.
Nothing but a number
Painter (Current Employee), Oshkosh, WIJune 10, 2014
Pros: pay
Cons: upper management
Great pay and benefits but we are all numbers. its just a truck factory that the union does well
children clothing
Retail Sales (Former Employee), Westbury, NYJune 10, 2014
Cons: not enough hours
Typical day at work was over loaded with work and not enough staff. I learned how to open and close the store, Count out draws, and stock shipment.
Production can be fast or slow.
Prep & Trim/Painter (Current Employee), Oshkosh, WIMay 26, 2014
A typical day depends heavily on what your job requires. It can be difficult and easy. As long as time is used wisely, the job becomes easier and quicker despite its difficulties.
Management is very young in both age and experience, which can make the most simplest job very frustrating; yet it can be refreshing to know that they can be taught by the – more... workers, rather than listening to their bosses who have never done our jobs before.
The hardest part of my job is patience due to conflicts. Shift wars; coordinator miscommunication, etc.
What I do like about my job is that most days there is always something different you are seeing go by your station. I always take pride in my work and I love that. – less
good place to work
Welder (Current Employee), Oshkosh, WIMay 20, 2014
production welding
co-workers are good to work with, everyone gets along
Quality
Supply Clerk (Former Employee), Temple, TXMay 18, 2014
Pros: n/a
This company has high standards for mission essential readiness equipment. The quality of work performed is very important to customers demand.
Excellent company to gain experience and develop skillset
International Marketing Intern (Current Employee), Oshkosh, WIMay 12, 2014
Pros: management, co-workers, company culture, competitve pay
Cons: job security
While my official title at Oshkosh Corporation is International Marketing Intern, in reality I am known as the person who can do everything. Hats I wear here include travel agent, researcher extraordinaire, PowerPoint, Word and Excel guru, bid tracker, procurement specialist, and warranty and certification officer.

We are a growing department where – more... everyone has to pitch in, and I thrive on the excitement of being involved at every level of each project. I learned how to implement the skills that I acquired through my education at UW Oshkosh into everyday tasks. I also perfected the importance of self-initiative and task-follow through with little supervision. My managers and supervisors allowed me to run with my ideas and develop new processes to improve efficiency within our company.

Although working in the International department was very taxing at times due to the need to facilitate communication across seas, this allowed me to improve my time-management skills, along with becoming more adapatable and flexible. Often requiring long hours, working with our sales and service representatives abroad was extremely difficult at times; however, this was an extremely rewarding and enjoyable experience. Providing support to our International team as well as other cross-functional teams helped me to gain insight into various different chapters of the company, and I greatly enjoyed assisting with the bidding process as it pertained to each individual department. – less
Had a great time at Oshkosh truck
assembly (Current Employee), Oshkosh, WIApril 22, 2014
Had a great time there working with the heavy equipment.Hardest part of the job is the lifting and bending.
Not a terrible place to work.
Material Handler (Current Employee), OshkoshApril 20, 2014
I'm getting layed off in june, but otherwise the job duties for the positions I held during my time there were good.
Manufacturing We build Military Trucks mainly
General Assembler/Prep and Trim (Current Employee), Oshkosh, WIApril 10, 2014
Pros: affordable healthcare
Cons: unstable environment subject to layoffs
I have worked in many areas while employed at Oshkosh Truck. I started as a 107/Prep and Trim where I hung part to be painted. I was then given the chance to test truck cabs for proper alignment this was a 304 position. I then bid on and was awarded a position as a 201 Assembler, and moved to another one of the plants. This involved installing parts – more... on the trucks, also some assembly work before installation. I then bid and was awarded a position as a 301 General Assembler, this is more involved in working on the entire truck as well as troubleshooting and repairing problems. Best part of my job is the co-workers we work very well together and have fun most of the day. Nothing that I would consider to be hard after spending long nights overseas in Iraq. – less
Love my job
Field Service Representative (Former Employee), Oshkosh WIApril 2, 2014
Cons: in a harsh state
Great company to work for, just to long away from the family at that time
job duties
Assembly line (Former Employee), Oshkosh, WIMarch 31, 2014
Pros: great money and rewarding
Cons: rewarding job to build military trucks for our troops
a typical day at work I come in and install vehicle length of air lines in the front and some trucks both front and middle of the trucks.
Very customer focused company.
Director (Former Employee), Appleton, WIMarch 18, 2014
Oshkosh Corp is 100% dedicated to their customers. Not speaking for all divisions but the Airport Group that I worked in was one of the best small team of managers I have worked with in my career. Working with people you consider your friends makes the daily rigors much easier to handle.
I've done more difficult work for less money
Certified 201 Assembler (Former Employee), Oshkosh DefenseMarch 18, 2014
Pros: pay and benefits
Cons: union and company don't respect one another
I have done more difficult work for less money. Too much drama from local union leadership, and too many unkept promises from management make it a trying place to work safely. However the pay was outstanding. Promise of new work never happened,
Overall good place to work
Senior Contract Administrator (Current Employee), Oshkosh, WIMarch 17, 2014
-nice people to work with and collaborate
-have to be able to manage time effectively and change priorities as needed
-busy schedules make it necessary to organize tasks well

1 2 3 4 5