Oshkosh Truck Corporation Employee Reviews

Intern (Former Employee) –  Oshkosh, WINovember 2, 2015
Solid company to work for. Focus on helping you develop your career. I left because my internship ended. It has been a while since I worked here.
Dynamic company, gave me every opportunity to showcase my talentsHadthe opportunity to work with some of the most highly skilled technicians .
Field Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Appleton, WIOctober 25, 2015
Great place to work ,management made sure teams had the tools necessary to provide the best training and support to it's clients.Teams were given every opportunity to excel and grow.
Pros
Enhanced my knowledge of the company's equipment.
Enjoyed the people I worked with.
Assembler/Production (Former Employee) –  Oshkosh, WISeptember 18, 2015
The most enjoyable part of the job was my colleagues and learning from them. Learning new jobs and different variety of work and the benefits were good.
Benefits
Cons
Upper management
Excellent internship opportunity.
Safety Intern (Former Employee) –  McConnellsburg PASeptember 15, 2015
As an intern I was treated with respect and given real responsibilities. The environment was welcoming and encouraged team building.
Pros
Learning opportunities, friendly team members, meals provided frequently
Cons
Compensation for my position was much less than many of the other intern positions
Productive workplace
Logistics Analyst (Current Employee) –  Greenville, WIAugust 16, 2015
High stress environment with opportunities for advancement. CEO is highly ethical and is always willing to go to bat for his employees.
Enjoyed working for Oshkosh very much.
Administrative Specialist/Quality Department (Former Employee) –  Oshkosh, WIAugust 13, 2015
I worked in the Quality Department and the team of people I interacted with daily were terrific. The position presented challenges and I accomplished those challenges head-on.
Pros
Great people and atmosphere
Cons
My position constantly had many changes, but I achieved those tasks with a positive attitude.
Dynamic and progresssive environment
Industrial Engineer (Former Employee) –  Oshkosh, WIAugust 10, 2015
Always interesting projects. your hard work is respected. I was given the opportunity to show case my capabilities and was rewarded for jobs delivered.
Good place
Assembler/Production (Former Employee) –  Oshkosh, WIAugust 4, 2015
Loved working here mostly because of the people I work with. Pay was a bonus. Felt proud building trucks to protect our brothers at arm overseas.
Pros
the pay
Cons
Laid off
Very passionate about what they do
Contract Administration Intern (Former Employee) –  Oshkosh, WIJuly 29, 2015
Everyone that works here is very passionate about helping others and the impact that their products have on people around the globe.
Enjoy working
QA Inspector / Line haul manager (Former Employee) –  KuwaitJuly 8, 2015
QC Inspector
QA Inspector
Line haul manager

First I was hire as a QC Inspector and promoted to QA Inspector. I did in progress inspection on vehicles during the initial government inspection, to IMAD inspections, teardown and rebuild stage. I inspect trucks when they come in for IMAD inspections and Government inductions. I also during truck teardown I give assistance to mechanics in trouble shooting problems and assist them in technical assistance. Also I have been promoted to line haul manager assisting 16 teams in working the trucks making sure they get their parts, trouble shooting, diagnose, DCR reports, O2 parts, variance reports, and making daily quotas along with monthly quotas. Making sure the team leads track their man-hours on the FFP and T&M, making sure their daily tracking logs are accurate. After vehicles are complete I road test the trucks to make sure everything is operational. Making company meetings discussing how to speed up the process from Initial Government inspection, maintenance, and final inspection with DCMA.
Having meetings with TACOM and DCMA in inspections, getting parts ordered that was not in country, verifying O2 parts that are available, getting the parts that we need to accomplish our mission and meeting our monthly quota. Handling the purchasing of Fuel for the military.

Held classes in proper procedures in operating tankers, their functions, operations, deliveries, maintenance, transferring fuel, grounding tanks during transfer, monitoring pressure in the pipe through meters, relief valves, emergency shutdowns and
  more... receiving fuel.  less
Pros
alot of hours
Cons
busy

Want to know more about Oshkosh Truck Corporation?

Ask a question
organized awesome place to work..
welder (Former Employee) –  Oshkosh, WIJune 4, 2015
probably the best placed i have ever worked. Shop was clean, tools organized everything you could ask for in a job.. Never had a problem with management.. id go back in a heart beat.. it was unfortante for the layoff
Fun place and love the hours and the people that I work with
Material Handler (Current Employee) –  Greenville, WIApril 22, 2015
Is working on the computer and learning to adjust to everyday changes with the receiving process. How to do tower audits and to train new employees.
The hardest part of the job is learning to adjust to new changes and to apply them to everyday work.
I work with a good group of people that are more than happy to help each other out when needed.
Is having to work with people that are willing to go out of their way to help you.
Pros
love the hours and location
Cons
lack of benefits
Great Pay; Bad management
Welder, Press Brake Operator (Former Employee) –  Oshkosh, WIApril 15, 2015
Made great money, but the management treats you like you are still high school with over exemplification of rules . There is a "no respect" relationship between production employees and management.
Good Place to Work
International Project Specialist (Current Employee) –  Oshkosh, WIApril 15, 2015
They treat employees great, and have competitive pay and benefits. I've worked here for 7 years and can't complain. It's very busy, but the people are very nice.
The work was enjoyable but the culture was rough
Welder / Mig Welding / Galvanized Welding (Former Employee) –  Oshkosh, WIApril 14, 2015
The majority was worth while but the employees were often counter to the company. Management was usually unable to understand skills needed to run a weld shop. Co-workers often worked hard and were ok to be around. The best part was knowing where the finished product ended up and it inspired to keep workers on the lookout for higher quality.
Pros
higher pay and benefits
Cons
work culture
Chasing parts all day, and keeping you working for a Temp Agency.
Team Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Oshkosh WiApril 6, 2015
A typical day of work involved arriving to work 30 min prior to shift. Brief employees of the days production, and short coming of any parts. Attend 3 meetings per day with management to discuss part shortages, product completions, and team goals. The rest of the day you spend chasing part shortages that either are on hold or being shipped or transferred from the warehouse in Appleton. You end up sending a bunch of trucks off the line that go into rework, cause of part shortages. At the end of the day you feel like you didn't accomplish anything. Upper management doesn't communicate with you. After all that you get to stay 30 min later after shift to track parts, fix Kronos (time keeping) and send your production manager a list of stuff you couldn't complete cause of shortages.
Pros
Union Employees well knowledge of the process of work.
Cons
Hired through a Temp Agency, never felt like part of the team.
fun palce to work
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Edinburgh, INApril 2, 2015
I loved the company. loved the quality of the products. the benefits were great. the staff was great. the sales they provided each week was great. I had a great manager guiding me and teaching me how to become a better leader myself.
I hope you brought your big boy/ girl pants
Employee (Current Employee) –  Dodge Center, MNMarch 9, 2015
This place has no shortage of work....with that being said be ready to work and don't plan on showing up with your hands in your pockets.
Pros
lots of work
Cons
lots of work
IT Business Manager (Current Employee) –  Garner, IA.March 3, 2015
The different segments of the corporation offers individuals opportunities for growth and advancement if desired. The challenges are numerous and provide professional experiences in multiple manufacturing areas.
My dream place to work
Cab Assembler (Current Employee) –  Oshkosh, WIMarch 2, 2015
I was very happy to be working at Oshkosh Truck. During my time in the military I drove the same vehicles the Truck produces. They where powerful, safe and reliable. Unfortunately I have become disabled and unable to continue to do my job there unless they can find me an easier job that meets my medical restrictions.
Pros
great benifits
Cons
unable to find light duty job