OSI Employee Reviews

I would not recoomend
Collection Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZFebruary 23, 2017
OSI was a typical collection company. At first, there was promise for advancement and great bonus'. Management was hit and miss. Some of them were supportive, while others made you cringe when they came near you. It was a hostile work environment with unrealistic expectations.
Pros
consistant hours
Cons
management
High energy, fast paced work place. Not much accountability from management...
Line Captain (Former Employee) –  Saint Simons Island, GAMay 17, 2016
Typical day at work included finishing the night shifts cleaning duties to have a safe and clean work space. Preparing sauces, portioning proteins such as fish, pork, chicken, and lamb into their correct weights and size. cutting and preparing lettuce for the upcoming shift to ensure customers receive the best quality salads possible.
I've learned many things about cooking procedures including the making of hot butter sauces without breaking the composure of the sauce and making deserts from scratch.
Management consistently complement my work and talked of promotions but never put them into place. Eventually fired me because i called out while being sick with food poisoning, for the first time while being employed with OSI. When i tried to contact my manager to question the extent of me being taken off the schedule without notice I was told to talk to the store manager. Of course she ignored all attempts of contact.
Pros
free meal each shift or 50
This was a very great place to work. Great management and ability to advance within the company.
Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Pittsburgh, PAJanuary 24, 2017
Loved this job. Close to my home. Free parking in building lot. Adjustable hours as needed. Worked on numerous projects as a Supervisor including healthcare and utility projects.
Pros
Casual Fridays, food days allowed
Great company
Account Manager (Current Employee) –  Seattle, WASeptember 14, 2016
I think this company is great. They provide very good cloud services support and features. I've been with the company over 3 years now in total and it has grown a lot. They provide MPLS service with an excellent technical support team.
OSI Rocks
Administrative assistant, trainer, & headwait (Current Employee) –  Bluffton, SCMarch 4, 2013
OSI is a great company. i have worked for them for four years. they are only open after four which was great for my school schedule while i was in college. when i became a mom it was also great because i could stay with my little one all day and switch out child care with his dad after he got off his day job. they weren't open very late at night, allowing me to get home quickly.

A typical day at Outback begins with a check in, uniform check and answering your pop quiz questions for the day. after that the server signs in, and begins taking tables. sections are usually 3-4 tables. rush is from 6-8, and it is a busy restaurant often going on waits during the week. your co-workers are a mixture of college kids, post high school grads and college grads working towards a career in another field. everyone is mature and intelligent, the proprietor has great taste in employees- hiring dependable, hardworking and friendly staff.

hardest part of this job is dealing with testy customers. the management here will always back the customer. always. even if they are in the wrong. the OSI way is to please the customer.
Pros
great staff, environment and management
Cons
low pay, and no opportunities for raises
Great starting management position
Kitchen Mgr (Former Employee) –  Rochester, MIMarch 16, 2016
OSI offered many great experiences and small team managing with direct relation to your position. Restaurants still close at a reasonable time. Inventory the last night of every month after close was a large downfall.
Pros
Free meals and Company dining card
Cons
Minimal growth opportunities from management status
Large call center with alot of workers and cubical.
Customer service, Account Receivables (Former Employee) –  Montgomery, ALJanuary 10, 2013
I worked as a CSR/ Accounts recievable. My typical worked day consist of basically clocking in , sitting in my cubical, and talking on the phone for 8 hours a day. I did customer service and third party collections for AT&T. There were abut 100 people there a shift so when it came to co-workers i barely knew any of them. It was a very easy job I enjoy dealing with people. the hardest thing was just the hours and sitting in one place for 8 hours! Management was very little. You were just trained a script and the computer system and you has a supervisor there who just made sure you were seated and not doing anything that was not allowed.
Pros
pay rate, experience.
Cons
health benefits, hours, and short breaks
It was once an exciting and rewarding place to work
Project Coordinator Shipping and Receiving (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FL 33609September 6, 2013
*Self-taught (able to multi-task) and learned to prioritize in assisting both the field and home office employees
* I learned that I am up to any task
*Management, none applicable in the last 5 years
*Co-workers: Some of the greatest people EVER, I'm blessed that many are still in my circle of friends
*The hardest part was growing to dislike the "culture"
*The greatest part (early on) was feeling that we were all one family
they made me feel welcome so it was easy for me to work better.
warehouse worker (Former Employee) –  Geneva, ILApril 10, 2016
It is a nice place to work.The people there were nice and helpful. I also learned from there to work more as a team then work on my own
It was a decent job over all, but with all jobs it is always a learning experience on dealing with new people.
Line Attendant (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILDecember 14, 2014
I would always go in early so I could help start the floor ahead of time. It would depend on the product we were making that day. we all had out assigned jobs and were trusted to go out and do our jobs. I honed previous job skills. management was always there to ask questions and give guidance. Most of my co-workers were ok and a few were difficult to work with. That is the same in all jobs. One job that I found more difficult was working with the scrap boxes of steak beef. the best part was that it was a new environment and new friends.
Pros
new people
Cons
some jobs were ergonomically difficult
they made me feel welcome so it was easier to work
Packaging (Former Employee) –  West Chicago, ILApril 29, 2016
I liked working there the people were nice and helped me get the flow of the work done good. I also learned to work with a team
Pros
i got a work out from getting the boxes
Customer Focused
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Charleston SCAugust 6, 2015
Receiving inbound calls from customers in a professional, polite, and courteous
manner.
· Providing prompt resolution to customer inquiries by providing appropriate and
accurate information.
· Accurately document and update records in required systems.
· Follow up in a timely manner to ensure customer satisfaction.
· Understand all programs, systems, and procedures.
· Track daily calls.
· Provide feedback to management concerning possible problems or areas of
improvement.
Collections
Collections Representative (Former Employee) –  Earth City, MOMarch 5, 2015
I did not enjoy meeting a quota to force/ bully others into paying debt.

Not a comfortable place to work it was chaotic and very aggressive and unplesant
Pros
salary
Cons
no job security or advancement unplesant to others to make money
I enjoyed the opprotunity to work at this company, and the incentives the job offerred for a job performance.
Customer Service Represenative (Former Employee) –  Charleston, SCJune 5, 2012
A typical day included arriving on time, early morning meetingsand performing my job. I learned a vast amount of knowledge in reference to collection accounts. Management interacted to instruct us on a better way of increasing our job performance. The co-workers was a delight to work with. The hardest task on this job was the irrate custoners, meeting quota. The thing that I enjoyed the mostis speaking with the customers, trying to be understanding but making sure they knew the consequences of not paying the bill.
Productive workplace with lots of incentives.
Financial Aid Rep (Former Employee) –  North Charleston, SCNovember 18, 2014
OSI was a subsidiary of Sprint Cell phone company. They had customers that would call or have to called about their past due balance. The phone calls would determine what was needed to pay on the bill or what arrangements could be made to keep service form interruption.
What not to say when you have an encounter with an angry customer.
Co-workers were very competitive in getting the most satisfied customers everyday.
The hardest part of the job was loosing the benefit package.
Being able to satisfy at least one customer.
Pros
Learning phone ethics
Cons
They had a point system
Productive friendly work environment
Clerical (Former Employee) –  Ridgecrest, CAOctober 25, 2014
A typical work day would be making sure all office equipment had been turned on and working properly, answering calls, greeting everyone who came into the building reviewing all mail that came in or went out. Work directly with the project manager and human resource. My co-workers were very social and great to be around. Hardest part of the job was when the copier broke because there was only one copier. The most enjoyable part of the job was working with human resource.
Pros
401K
Cons
Office machines not working
workplace was high energy and busy
Collections Representative (Former Employee) –  Brookfield, WIMarch 21, 2013
Typical day at work was callas non stop, taking trouble tickets from customers and on slow days we would do collection campaigns
I learned my customer service skills, how to engage in conversations with others well.
Management was good, great work ethics.
co-workers were friendly and helpful.
hardest part of the job was the call volumes some days.
most enjoyable part was giving the customers the knowledge they needed to better understand their bills and payments.
Pros
overtime
Cons
short lunch breaks
Fine company to work for.
Medical Transcriptionist (Former Employee) –  Douglasville, GAJanuary 23, 2013
The company was a fine company to work for other than the fact I was not left on one account ie. being switched on a daily basis to hospitals all around the country. Having to change from place to place slowed down production and that is how your salary was based was per line count. The most enjoyable part of the job was that I could work from home.
Pros
able to work from home.
Cons
paid by line count and had to work holidays and weekends.
Great work environment
Server (Current Employee) –  LexingtonMay 14, 2015
I have enjoyed working with this company for the last two years. I have learned a lot while working there, from daily financial tactics to overall leadership skills. My management has been very supportive of me throughout my time there while I attended school full-time. Feel free to contact my boss see my resume for contact information.
Pros
Healthy work environment
I work-out with each of my clients.
Health and Wellness Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHDecember 12, 2013
Having worked with different population,from elite athlethes to elders with disabaility,so you learn to appreateate the benefits of aquatic training when done correctly.I work-out with my clients,hands on,they enjoy it just like I love it,plus I believe its better when you are working out with the client,you can feel what they feel and it helps with rehab the client better.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at OSI. Our community is ready to answer.