OSRAM SYLVANIA

OSRAM SYLVANIA Employee Reviews

productive and fun work place
Kent Mullins "3rd shift Supervisor (Former Employee), Winchester, KYJuly 16, 2015
Pros: ok pay and good benefits
Cons: too many lay offs
Awesome place to work, great co workers, great managers and supervisors. very by the book but also laid back. The only issue is the lay offs.
NICE place to work
Laser Technician (Former Employee), Beverly, MAJune 29, 2015
Pros: Time flexibility
Cons: being a contractor
I worked in Beverly as a contractor in the Laser area I have never come across a group of people who get along so well and do not fight and back stab one another. They all do their work and help one another out. Although my commute was long it was worth going into work and doing my job and getting along with everyone of all levels.
Decent place to work for
SAP Process Analyst (Former Employee), Danvers, MAJune 17, 2015
My position was temporary but doing data management. While it was an okay position I wished my financial skills would have been utilized.
Good people to work with
Customer Relationship Specialist (Former Employee), Westfield, INJune 15, 2015
A decent place to work, Must be in the "in" crowd for any chance of advancement. Very flexible and casual work environment.
The people are great but management has no clue.
Incandescent Mechanic (Current Employee), Saint Marys, PAJune 2, 2015
Pros: Wages are competitive
Cons: Health care is over priced and poor
From one day to the next you don't know if you are going to have a job or not. Upper management does a very poor job. They are very behind the times when it comes to trying to develop new products. The employees on the floor are great to work with, some of them will go out of there way to help others while some will try to find a way around helping anyone. It is also very hard to advance here after you have reached a certain point. All in who you know.
I am highly motivated , dynamic and have self iniciative.
Quality Inspector (Former Employee), PRMay 29, 2015
a typical day at work is accomplish my duty assignment 100%.
Over the 11+ years I have learn to be a professional in the manufacturing field. I have manage various department such as line production , final packaging and QA department.
My co-workers for me are very important they are the key of manufacturing production without them we cannot accomplish the companies goals. I like complicated job it keep me motivated and active I enjoy everyday of the job.
Long hours good pay
floater (Former Employee), Wellsboro, PAMay 16, 2015
Pros: paid breaks and an hour paid lunch.
Cons: random schedule mandatory overtime
Typical day was standing around folding boxes or picking glass off of a conveyor belt.

hardest part was having to wear ear plugs and get used to glass dust being in the air.

Management did not seem like they new what they were doing.
Inspecting the Headlights.
Lamp Maker (Former Employee), Hillsborough NHMay 13, 2015
Inspecting automotive headlights for defects. Good company if you become a full time Osram employee. Good benefits. High layoff rate though.
Osram Sylvania Inc
Accounting Administrator (Former Employee), Danvers, MAMay 5, 2015
Working there was enjoyable. The people were like a big family, while management was fair and equitable. Family relationships were important and it was not difficult to work from home one day each week.
i enjoyed working here
plastics and stamping (Former Employee), Warren, PAMay 3, 2015
Pros: Good pay and benefits
I operated injection molding presses, assembled small plastic parts, ran several presses at a time, packaging of parts using an automated system. Was also trained in stamping of metals
Overall Osram was a company that provided for me.
Machine, conveyor and assembly operator (Former Employee), Manchester, NHApril 29, 2015
Pros: Good Pay. Paid holidays and vacations.
Cons: Management placed extreme expectations on every one.
This company is very strict and has high expectations. Overall I did enjoy my job. I did learn how to work under fast paced conditions. I also learned many skills including working well with other people; team work. Stress became a of part of working at Osram Sylvania because it is very demanding.
Production/Warehousing
Warehouse Supervisor (Current Employee), Winchester, KYApril 27, 2015
A typical day is Shipping/Receiving, cycle counting, and problem solving analysis.

The hardest part of the job is the union environment. It limits what can be done for individual team members.

You must love warehousing and inventory to enjoy this position. I love warehousing/ inventory and all things that encompasses supply chain.
Stable long term lighting company now being dismantled by goverment regulation and LED technolagy.
Product Line Manager (Current Employee), Winchester, KYApril 17, 2015
Pros: Reasionable benifits and Vacation time.
Cons: 12 hr shifts. continuing reduction in force due to declining warket
Great place to work if not for the instability of a declining market and 12 hour shifts. Advanced hi speed equipment is state of art. Quality employees are well paid, knowledgeable, and family oriented. benefit package is good. Management enables teams to make necessary improvements and is generally supportive.
unstable
Line technician (Former Employee), Saint Marys, PAApril 7, 2015
It is a fast paced job with great pay and benefits, but they are unstable as far as continuous work. the people I worked with were knowlegable
Overall solid company
Planning Analyst III (Current Employee), Hillsboro NHApril 3, 2015
Pros: Good wages and benifits
Cons: Very top down new ideas not recieved well at times.
Osram has been a good place of employment for the last 15 years. There have been significant changes in the last 5 years that could be considered a step backwards from an employee satisfaction standpoint.
good place to work
Mechanic (Current Employee), wincherster kyMarch 13, 2015
Pros: the money
Cons: diane landry
easy good job until they hired Diane Landry over the halogen side. easy going. most of the supervisors are easy to get along with. dont like the union but thats not Sylvanias fault.
Lighting company stuck in the past, Poor Management....stay away!
Sr Sales Rep (Former Employee), SoutheastMarch 5, 2015
Pros: benefits were ok
Cons: terrible management, nepotism and little room for career advancement
Osram-Sylvania was at one time a good company to work for before Siemens spun Sylvania off in 2013 and Germany started managing North America. Company was/is slow to the LED market and the decision to not buy a fixture company will haunt this company for years to come as sales are moving from traditional lighting products to LED fixtures.

The sales management team and upper management in Danvers, MA is weak and wreaks of nepotism and the good old boys club mentality with little room for advancement unless you area relative or member of the good old boys club. Example: Southeast Regional Sales – more... Manager is nephew of former North America General Manager and was incompetent at best.

The company recently laid off 7,800 employees worldwide and employees in the U.S. were notified on 9/29/14 they were being laid off effective 10/1/14 and company would not pay your severance pay(which was very weak) unless you signed an unfair release statement. Company did not use the WARN Act in the U.S. A 5 man committee which consisted of the "good old boys club" in Danvers decided who would be let go in the U.S. and of course they protected "their people". Sales management team wreaks of favoritism and the Southeast manager played favorites, was incompetent and was responsible for loss of millions of dollars in sales via loss of distribution and major end user business. – less
co workers were great to work with but management was very poor
forklift operator/line production inspector (Former Employee), Winchester, KYMarch 3, 2015
Pros: healthcare, co workers
Cons: management poor
The work was easy but stressful, management was very poor. The company over all was unstable to work for. It was the worst company I ever work for. The only good thing was working with the other employees and the healthcare was great.
great place to work
Mechanical Technician (Former Employee), Hillsboro, NHFebruary 27, 2015
Pros: good work enviorment
Cons: politics
I was very happy with this job. Good Healthcare, vacation time, gym to work out. They cared about family. All around good place to work.
Downward spiral
Chemical/Process Engineer (Former Employee), Versailles, KYFebruary 19, 2015
There is no future here, especially for engineers. The leadership is old-school, compliance by intimidation, and the people in charge have ZERO technical background.
Headquarters