OSRAM SYLVANIA Employee Reviews

Interview process
Supply Chain Analyst (Former Employee) –  MassachusettsJuly 7, 2017
I was contact twice for a phone screening, each time no one called me or answered my calls when I was asked to call in. When I contacted the recruiter after the second no show, their excuse was they were too busy due to rapid growth. They took me out of the candidate pool when I sent the email questioning why they no showed on two separate occasions.
Professional
Safety Specialist (Former Employee) –  Hillsborough, NHJune 18, 2017
Great place to start after college, very professional, great people. Learned and excelled quickly. Would have liked to have learned more, however I left for better opportunity.
Production company
Quality Controller II (Former Employee) –  Manchester, NHJune 2, 2017
At times could be very stressful but overall I worked there 30 years so grew up there. Learned a lot of different jobs. Some management wasn't the greatest to work for but most of them knew we knew our jobs and let us make it happen. I had a lot of fun years which I will cherish forever. Operations were moved overseas to Mexico and plant was closed in 2014.
Pros
Excellent Benefits and comparable pay. Most management was easy to work with.
Purchasing Clerk (Current Employee) –  Wilmington, MAMay 27, 2017
Great People Great Product Room for advancement, there is not a negative thing to say about working for OSRAM other than the traffic coming and going to work.
Pros
People
Cons
Its a great place to work with great benefits
Manufacturing Mechanic (Former Employee) –  Winchester, KYMay 26, 2017
Its a great place to work . It is interesting learning new skills and learning how different things are made .The management was great. Its a all around great place to work . They have good benefits and the pay is really competitive .
Fast pace place with chance to learn
Engineering Assistant (Former Employee) –  Manchester, NHApril 29, 2017
Typical day starts on time for each shift (3 shifts). Operators must be on time to take over from previous shift. Each employee was obligated to participate in one of the Lean groups regarding their position and to present some of their ideas to improve safety, reduce loos of production time, reduce shrinkage etc. On regular base operators are cross-trained for different positions same applies for mechanics and machine attendants. Each employee was encourage to take classes and go back to school. On regular bases employees would receive training regarding safety, production and specific classes ( mechanics related topics)
Work place culture was competitive and fair. There was something to learn every day.
Great place to grow
Tool & Die Maker (Former Employee) –  York, PAApril 25, 2017
I started working at Osram Sylvania, Inc. as a temporary employee and was able to acquire a permanent position in a relatively short amount of time. Over the years I took advantage of their tuition reimbursement program as well as their willingness to do internal training. This allowed me to grow my skills and take on additional job responsibilities. Overall I really enjoyed working for this company and was sad to see them close my plant at the end of 2014 after I had worked there for 22 years.
Pros
Training Reimbursements, 401K, Pension, medical
Capitalism at it's finest
Forklift Operator (Former Employee) –  Versailles, KYApril 24, 2017
A typical day there would begin with being told there will be mandatory overtime at the end of the shift for all persons going from the newest hires to the senior ranking. This would happen daily. No sense of job security, constant fear of not making production quota, and no sense of loyalty to the company.
Product Marketing Manager
Product Marketing Manager (Former Employee) –  Danvers, MAMarch 30, 2017
Wonderful work environment with a lot of new exciting technology. There are great benefits and opportunities for advancement. I would highly recommend considering this company for employment.
Long work hours with no room for advancement.
Maintenance Mechanic (Former Employee) –  Winchester, KYMarch 28, 2017
For a Union facility, The Union didn't do anything for any of us except collect Union dues every month. Over 3 years at this facility and the union gave me 1 veteran t-shirt.
Informative job experience
Assembler to Machine Mechanic (Former Employee) –  Manchester, NHMarch 15, 2017
I learned a lot of on-the-job skills until the job relocated to Mexico. I was able to start as an assembler and eventually apply for a mechanics position.
People are second to none
OEM Executive Account Management, Digital Systems (Former Employee) –  Boston, MAMarch 11, 2017
From the people perspective, OSRAM is an outstanding company, and the peers with whom I have had the opportunity to work, have been second to none. The company is a proven leader in the lighting industry, and continues to make adjustments to lead innovation.
However, much leadership continue to be operations focused as opposed to being customer centric, giving the impression that they are attempting to make the company look good on paper, without actually making the company good.
Great products and support teams and lower level managers.
Horticultural Lighting New Product Manager (Former Employee) –  Exeter, NHMarch 9, 2017
Great products and future direction and support teams.
Some sector mgrs. is another story.
Growth path is based on who you know and not what you know or have done or can do. Highly subjective managers in some areas and only look for#1. Lower level teams are great people but can not be open to mgmt. in ways in which things can improve for the fear of retribution.
Pros
Great products, future direction in lighting technology
Cons
Have to fit manager's mold or out
large corporation
Production Foreman (Former Employee) –  Winchester, KYMarch 7, 2017
Large corporation with many different product groups. Osram Sylvania was/is a division of Siemens Corporation. Was a demanding place to work as one particular product was at the end of its life cycle.
Pros
good people
Cons
not enough change - well established industry - a bit dull
Safety Intern/Co-op
Environmental Health & Safety Intern (Former Employee) –  Hillsboro, NHMarch 3, 2017
Nice people. For a safety professional this was a great environment to get exposure to many different occupational health and safety areas. It was a very helpful learning opportunity.
Okay company
Lamp maker (Current Employee) –  Hillsboro, NHFebruary 15, 2017
This company is alright to work for if you are young. The pay is adequate until you are hired permanent. Advancement is difficult, and favoritism is runs rampant.
Pros
There is a gym on company campus, that coast very little. They pay for $100 of work boots and prescription safety glasses
Cons
You stand on your feet all day, rumors spred like wild fire, and some leaders gossip about their workers
Horrible place for an hourly employee
Manufacturing Mechanic (Former Employee) –  Manchester, NHFebruary 2, 2017
Worked at the Manchester, NH plant for 8 years. Endured multiple layoffs and then a plant closure. Management style consisted of harassment and intimidation tactics. Severely over worked employees- 8-12 hr workdays, sometimes a total of two days off per month. Poor ventilation for the carcinogens released by the fires and would easily reach 95 degrees in the summer months. Multiple managers who don't communicate and will make the hourly a scapegoat. Last 6 months prior to shutting down, we had to train the shipment of Mexicans from Juarez how to do our jobs for when the equipment was shipped into mexico (what a slap in the face!). Took 5 years of employment to gain 2 weeks vacation and that was usually used up during the furloughs. Only upside was the pay and that was the only reason I stayed with this deplorable company.
Pros
hourly wage
Cons
everything except the pay
ambiente de trabajo bueno
Gurabo (Operadora) (Former Employee) –  Gurabo, PRDecember 22, 2016
buen compromiso, y buen trato de la gente, buen ambiente familiar.
Pros
seguro medico
good
Hand Loader (Former Employee) –  Saint Marys, PADecember 19, 2016
good. good paying, nice people. good management, interesting process. make a good career there, lifetime career, helpful staff, job security, fairness .
Not a bad place to work
Lighting Technician/Bulb Baker Loader (Current Employee) –  Versailles, KYDecember 15, 2016
Fun learning about the lighting industry. Some good training. There is almost 1000 plus years of experience with the employees. The down side is trying to run lines with skeleton crews to many managers not enough employees. Co-workers good people but have come complacent

Ask a question about working or interviewing at OSRAM SYLVANIA. Our community is ready to answer.

CEO Approval