OSRAM SYLVANIA

OSRAM SYLVANIA Employee Reviews

Good people, good workplace
Process Analyst (Former Employee), Danvers, MAAugust 14, 2015
Great place to work with outstanding, innovative people. Lots of cooperation and collaboration. Enjoyed my time there.
Great Environment, Great pay
Par Mechanic (Former Employee), Winchester, KYAugust 11, 2015
Pros: Good benefits, great environment
Cons: Job reductions, shift
Loved the skills I used as a Mechanic at Osram. Some of the best management and co-workers I have ever had. Osram allowed me to take advantage of additional education opportunities that helped make me a solid and viable Mechanic. I enjoyed maintaining and reaching set quotas and goals daily and the satisfaction we shared of a well made product we was proud of. Each day was different as the equipment's response would vary day to day making each one different than the next.
Poor Management
Production Attendant (Current Employee), Versailles, KyAugust 10, 2015
Great pay, poor management. Culture needs attention badly with regards to women in the workplace. Works on the good ole boys system of promotion.
Great group of people
Office Administrator II (Former Employee), Danvers, MAAugust 5, 2015
Pros: Love what I do, co-workers work as a team, management awesome
Cons: Major layoffs
I love my job and love what I do, however, there have been a lot of layoffs and it makes me feel unsafe. my management is the best I have ever had
World Class Manufacturer
Mechanical Group Leader (Former Employee), Manchester, NHJuly 21, 2015
Pros: Terrific hourly compensation and benifits package
Cons: Global restructuring forcing plant closures
Osram Sylvania provided a challenging and ever changing environment for which to hone key skills necessary to support large scale manufacturing needs. Seasonal demands presented ample opportunities to take advantage of overtime. Management always strived to communicate with the work force and to show appreciation through company sponsored events. Educational reimbursement was available for those wishing to participate.
productive and fun work place
Kent Mullins "3rd shift Supervisor (Former Employee), Winchester, KYJuly 16, 2015
Pros: ok pay and good benefits
Cons: too many lay offs
Awesome place to work, great co workers, great managers and supervisors. very by the book but also laid back. The only issue is the lay offs.
NICE place to work
Laser Technician (Former Employee), Beverly, MAJune 29, 2015
Pros: Time flexibility
Cons: being a contractor
I worked in Beverly as a contractor in the Laser area I have never come across a group of people who get along so well and do not fight and back stab one another. They all do their work and help one another out. Although my commute was long it was worth going into work and doing my job and getting along with everyone of all levels.
Decent place to work for
SAP Process Analyst (Former Employee), Danvers, MAJune 17, 2015
My position was temporary but doing data management. While it was an okay position I wished my financial skills would have been utilized.
Good people to work with
Customer Relationship Specialist (Former Employee), Westfield, INJune 15, 2015
A decent place to work, Must be in the "in" crowd for any chance of advancement. Very flexible and casual work environment.
The people are great but management has no clue.
Incandescent Mechanic (Current Employee), Saint Marys, PAJune 2, 2015
Pros: Wages are competitive
Cons: Health care is over priced and poor
From one day to the next you don't know if you are going to have a job or not. Upper management does a very poor job. They are very behind the times when it comes to trying to develop new products. The employees on the floor are great to work with, some of them will go out of there way to help others while some will try to find a way around helping anyone. It is also very hard to advance here after you have reached a certain point. All in who you know.
I am highly motivated , dynamic and have self iniciative.
Quality Inspector (Former Employee), PRMay 29, 2015
a typical day at work is accomplish my duty assignment 100%.
Over the 11+ years I have learn to be a professional in the manufacturing field. I have manage various department such as line production , final packaging and QA department.
My co-workers for me are very important they are the key of manufacturing production without them we cannot accomplish the companies goals. I like complicated job it keep me motivated and active I enjoy everyday of the job.
Long hours good pay
floater (Former Employee), Wellsboro, PAMay 16, 2015
Pros: paid breaks and an hour paid lunch.
Cons: random schedule mandatory overtime
Typical day was standing around folding boxes or picking glass off of a conveyor belt.

hardest part was having to wear ear plugs and get used to glass dust being in the air.

Management did not seem like they new what they were doing.
Inspecting the Headlights.
Lamp Maker (Former Employee), Hillsborough NHMay 13, 2015
Inspecting automotive headlights for defects. Good company if you become a full time Osram employee. Good benefits. High layoff rate though.
Osram Sylvania Inc
Accounting Administrator (Former Employee), Danvers, MAMay 5, 2015
Working there was enjoyable. The people were like a big family, while management was fair and equitable. Family relationships were important and it was not difficult to work from home one day each week.
i enjoyed working here
plastics and stamping (Former Employee), Warren, PAMay 3, 2015
Pros: Good pay and benefits
I operated injection molding presses, assembled small plastic parts, ran several presses at a time, packaging of parts using an automated system. Was also trained in stamping of metals
Overall Osram was a company that provided for me.
Machine, conveyor and assembly operator (Former Employee), Manchester, NHApril 29, 2015
Pros: Good Pay. Paid holidays and vacations.
Cons: Management placed extreme expectations on every one.
This company is very strict and has high expectations. Overall I did enjoy my job. I did learn how to work under fast paced conditions. I also learned many skills including working well with other people; team work. Stress became a of part of working at Osram Sylvania because it is very demanding.
Production/Warehousing
Warehouse Supervisor (Current Employee), Winchester, KYApril 27, 2015
A typical day is Shipping/Receiving, cycle counting, and problem solving analysis.

The hardest part of the job is the union environment. It limits what can be done for individual team members.

You must love warehousing and inventory to enjoy this position. I love warehousing/ inventory and all things that encompasses supply chain.
Stable long term lighting company now being dismantled by goverment regulation and LED technolagy.
Product Line Manager (Current Employee), Winchester, KYApril 17, 2015
Pros: Reasionable benifits and Vacation time.
Cons: 12 hr shifts. continuing reduction in force due to declining warket
Great place to work if not for the instability of a declining market and 12 hour shifts. Advanced hi speed equipment is state of art. Quality employees are well paid, knowledgeable, and family oriented. benefit package is good. Management enables teams to make necessary improvements and is generally supportive.
unstable
Line technician (Former Employee), Saint Marys, PAApril 7, 2015
It is a fast paced job with great pay and benefits, but they are unstable as far as continuous work. the people I worked with were knowlegable
Overall solid company
Planning Analyst III (Current Employee), Hillsboro NHApril 3, 2015
Pros: Good wages and benifits
Cons: Very top down new ideas not recieved well at times.
Osram has been a good place of employment for the last 15 years. There have been significant changes in the last 5 years that could be considered a step backwards from an employee satisfaction standpoint.
Headquarters