OSRAM SYLVANIA

OSRAM SYLVANIA Employee Reviews

fast paced
Production Mechanic IV (Former Employee), Manchester, NHFebruary 18, 2015
fast paced environment, challenging equipment, local management cared for employees but all decisions were made by corporate in Germany, plant closed to send the work to Mexico
Felt Like Osram was a second home for me
Last title there was Shipping and Receiving (Former Employee), 900 Tyrone Pike, Versailles, KY 40383February 16, 2015
Pros: great people, nice salary and benefits, nice working environment
Cons: once the politics of work were over, it was great
I enjoyed my experience with Osram. The employees were not only people I worked with but my second family. I feel Osram made a very good product and would work there again, if I were to start over again at 18 years old. Hardest part of my job was to ensure that our entire department worked as a whole. Management treated each of us employees the same without prejudice. I enjoyed learning each job I performed over the years.
Productive place to work
Assembler (Former Employee), Winchester, KYFebruary 14, 2015
A lot of variety in the job

Hours were good

Hardest part of the job were placing the tiny parts

Co-workers were nice

Learned how to make light bulbs
Great company for advancing your career
Maintenance Planner/Purchasing/Mechanical Tech. (Current Employee), Manchester, NHJanuary 29, 2015
Pros: 100% tuition reimbursement
Cons: plant relocating out of the country
Good company with great benefits. Company pays for schooling. Matching 401K. Great for advancing employees from within the company. Company encourages every employee to take advantage of opportunity to advance their career. Constant training available both inside and outside the company. Safety and compliance are number 1 goal.
Great job
Senior Lighting Technician (Nov (Former Employee), Santa Fe Springs, CAJanuary 27, 2015
Pros: worked by myself
Cons: red tape
Way to much Red Tape to get jobs done. Job Managment was Micro Managed.
Very unstable outlook due to Government Legislation
Production Manager (Former Employee), York, PAJanuary 16, 2015
This was an excellent career opportunity for me. My entire career had been in Finance. This position gave me production, sales, customer service, purchasing and plant management experience.
Fun but hard work
Non powered (Former Employee), Versailles, KYJanuary 15, 2015
I worked in the distribution center. So much better than in the lamp or glass. You can wear shorts and short sleeve shirts
Advancement and Options to Branch Out to Other Department Opportunities
Billing Administrator II (Former Employee), Exeter, NHJanuary 12, 2015
Medium to fast-paced work environment. Business casual for most departments. Management communicates with staff well, and co-workers work as a team and independently.
difficult environment
CSR/Document Administrator (Current Employee), hillsborough nhJanuary 12, 2015
Pros: work life balance is fine
Cons: training is poor and asking for assistance is met with resistance or ridicule
Long time employees having worked their way around the Company are not warm and happy with new outsiders. Territorial with work load/responsibilities. Not enough experts in key roles to keep business standardized
The view in a company as a Production Supervisor.
Production Supervisor (Former Employee), PRJanuary 9, 2015
Pros: consideration went family time was needed.
Cons: constant shift changes.
Excellent work experience during the 20 years being part of the company .
Learned to work in different work environments and how to manage working under pressure.
Under went two plant shut downs and a plant transfer which helped me manage and understand changes needed to be made to save corporate benefits.
The hardest part of the job was making decisions that I knew would affect the employee status in a company, but needed to made for company sake.
The most enjoyable part of the job was knowing we had completed the goals we had set as a group.
My Review Osram Sylvania
Contractor (Current Employee), Wellsboro, PAJanuary 7, 2015
This is my first factory job. It is not what I am used to. I have learned a lot on the job such as driving a fork-lift truck.
Don't work here
Solid State Lighting (SSL) Quality Mgr (Former Employee), Danvers, MAJanuary 3, 2015
This company (or at least my division) was highly dysfunctional and overly political. I wasn't told what I should be working on and then I was told that I wasn't working on the right thing. Stay away from this place!!!!!

What more can I say. The Solid State Lighting Division was not a good place to work. It felt like you were always being monitored. I may sound a bit paranoid, but I'm not.
Good career advancement and competitive salary.
Senior Mechanical Design Engineer (Former Employee), Versailles, KYDecember 17, 2014
Pros: salary, benefits, and advancement opportunities.
Cons: management and the glass plant got changed to a cost center.
I worked there for almost 20 years and it was a great work environment and there was a lot of great and talented co-workers. The last few years I was there a lot of management turned over and the stability and work environment went down hill.
Past Leader, Me-Too Future
Principle Engineer (Former Employee), Beverly, MADecember 16, 2014
Pros: stable employment
Cons: lost focus on development
Good company with a lot of history. Increasingly controlled by parent OSRAM management in Germany which has a bit of Not-Invented-Here attitude and increasing (somewhat stifling) control on R&D resulting in less innovation in US facilities.

Historically an industry leader but recent focus on cheap "me-too" products is a disturbing trend.
Great place to work . always changing and growing
Lamp maker/ Floater/ Process Coach (Current Employee), Hillsboro, NHDecember 2, 2014
Pros: the people you work with, ever changing and growing
Cons: the people, and some managers
It is a fast paced and ever changing world. Growing with the needs of the customers. The production workers are together 40-60 hours and week and form a family bond. I have been able to grow within the company. Taking classes both internal and external . Management encourages the people to do there best and rewards the people who do. The people of the production floor are what makes working there worth it. They are also the hardest part of working there. Not everyone can see eye to eye but its how you deal with change and keeping a positive attitude that will get you through it. I have been able to learn how to manage people organize the department I work in. Float to where I am needed when people are out. Earn the respect of my peers and managers.
Chalenging, fast paced and multitasking.
Inventory Control Auditor (Former Employee), Versailles, KYNovember 17, 2014
Pros: lack of tedium
Cons: could be highly stressful.
I never knew what to expect when I arrived for work. I read my emails upon arrival to determine what I should work on throughout my shift. I would frequently have to address new problems as they arrived. This required a high degree of multitasking.
I miss the work
Operator/Mechanic (Former Employee), Saint Marys, PANovember 12, 2014
I enjoyed working with glass and light bulbs. Wasn't a big fan of 3rd shift though, everyone seems scatter brained.
Osram Sylvania provides an excellent culture for work satisfaction.
Cash Application Specialist (Current Employee), Danvers, MANovember 11, 2014
Pros: flex-time, competitive salary, job stability
Cons: payroll deductions for benefits have gone up exponentially
A typical day of work for me as a Cash Application Specialist involves first applying the new cash that came in overnight. This includes money that hit our lockbox and well as funds deposited directly onto accounts. I then proceed to work deductions taken on remittances. After giving attention to these new issues, I work on unresolved problems involving unapplied cash and deductions without sufficient information for resolution.

In my years working at Osram Sylvania, I came to learn the importance of establishing a good rapport with external customers as well as fellow employees. Doing this allowed me to excel in working quickly but accurately with great attention to detail.

Management and co-workers are supportive as we work to achieve team goals as a department. Flexibility was needed to cover for others during vacations and other absences.

The hardest part of the job is working with customers that have old cash issues for which they aren't pursuing resolution. It involves repeated contact and encouragement to find solutions to keep their accounts updated.

The most enjoyable part of the job for me is feeling satisfaction in working my accounts and knowing I do my best to keep them clean. The company’s offering flexible working hours also greatly contributes to my quality of life and feeling content in my working environment.
Great Company for 30 years
Business Manager responsible for NAFTA and LATAM (Current Employee), Manchester, NHNovember 9, 2014
I worked with some of the most talented and professional people throughout the world. The company standard of ethics and how they treat their employees I would say rates in the top 10 companies around the globe.

I had a very successful career with this company. The business has changed dramatically due to the changing technology therefore forcing them to restructure and downsize.

Job was located in New Hampshire, Maine, Mass., Pennsylvania, and Czech Republic, Puerto Rico
reliable ,good pay
Stem 2 Mechanic (Former Employee), Manchester, NHOctober 24, 2014
Pros: good benefits
Cons: jobs went to mexico
alot of good friends,
hardest part of the job was losing it to Mexico.
most enjoyable meeting goood people
management changed alot
most days at work I would come in and run production all day. my days went by fast. hard work . I liked it
Headquarters