OSRAM SYLVANIA

OSRAM SYLVANIA Employer Reviews

Purchasing Analyst III
Purchasing Analyst III (Current Employee), Versailles, KYOctober 15, 2014
I currently purchase multi-million dollars in raw materials for a large scale manufacturing facility.
The Management team has been great to work with and very flexible with comp time.
I enjoy all of the co-workers that I work with. I have built strong relationships and the co-workers are very helpful to the Purchasing Team.
The hardest part of the job would have to be the one hour commute, otherwise, I have zero complaints.
The most enjoyable part of the day is working as part of a team and accomplishing the company's goals.
Fast moving, stable company
Senior Sales Team Manager (Current Employee), Bloomington, MNOctober 6, 2014
Pros: work/life balance
Cons: limited growth opportunities
Working for SYLVANIA has provided me with the work/life balance I was seeking. I am able to work from home with monthly travel. The downside to working remotely is the opportunity to continue to grow within the organization. I would need to relocate in order to move to the next level of leadership within the organization.
Good place to work, management is excellent.
Distribution Center/Warehouse Supervisor I (Current Employee), East Rutherford, NJSeptember 23, 2014
Very nice place to work, they are great people.
Safe place to work.
A positive company to work for.
PROCESS ENGINEER (Former Employee), Hillsboro, NHSeptember 18, 2014
Worked as a process engineer and production supervisor. Receive on the job exposure to many business responsibilities.
OK place to work
Senior Process Engineer (Current Employee), Exeter, NHSeptember 16, 2014
Pros: nothing
Cons: little to no chance to advance
OK to work here....not a lot of opportunities but reasonably stable manufacturing company
Loved working here , too bad they are closing.
Group Leader (Current Employee), York PAAugust 28, 2014
They are very good to there people and fair. Good pay and good steady work.
Very good place to work but no ping-pong table.
Maintenance Technician (Current Employee), Central Falls, RIAugust 17, 2014
I work a rotating schedule. The company has provided tuition reimbursment for my education. Plenty of opportunity for advancement. Nice group of managers that are more than willing to work with me. Co-workers are all fantastic. The hardest part of the job would be the rotating shifts. The best thing about working here is the people I work with and the challenge of trouble-shooting equipement.
Lighting Company
Head of Product Marketing (Current Employee), Danvers MAAugust 10, 2014
Great company with opportunities for advancement Global company
PURCHASING
PURCHASING SPECIALIST (Current Employee), Sylvania, KYJuly 2, 2014
Lighting manufacturer located in central Kentucky. Various types of industrial and commercial lighting products. Considered a world class company. Major employer in Winchester and Versailles, KY.
German run US operating company
Sr. Project Manager, Business Unit Luminaires (Current Employee), Danvers, MAJune 30, 2014
Pros: n/a
Cons: n/a
Going through some industry transition pain. Have traditionally been a bulb company, need to transition to a fixture, solutions and parts company.
Good working conditions, gym on first floor
Account Specialist III (Current Employee), Danvers, MAJune 18, 2014
Pros: great people
Cons: morning traffic
I've been there for 1 ½ years and will be moving out of state, that is the only reason I am looking for another job
Struggling to compete
Marketing (Former Employee), Danvers, MAJune 10, 2014
Company is now run by Japanese parent organization. Very different than 15 years ago. Use to be good work life balance. Use to have the best products in the market but failed to capitalize on the market shift. Struggled to keep up. Great co-workers but it could be hard to climb the ladder. Best part of the job was the people and the products. Worst part was the management
Very Dynamic Place to work
Planner/Scheduler (Current Employee), York, PAMay 12, 2014
Very Dynamic Place to work, unfortunately have to leave due to the announcement of a the plant closing.
Great company
Forklift operator (Former Employee), Bethlehem, PAMay 2, 2014
it was a great company to work for also employee was good to work with
a joy to be there everyday.
order picker/ shipping and receiving (Former Employee), Columbus, OHApril 12, 2014
good team work, excellent management, good job, plenty of respect for your being there working hard.
Good paying job
Mechanic (Former Employee), Saint Marys, PAApril 3, 2014
Pros: challenging, compensation
Cons: very hot, can't use vacation when you want
This is a good-paying job that offers a lot of overtime - some mandatory. It is a unique set of skills required for most positions here. There is an extensive training program that helps with that, but you better be mechanically inclined entering the position. It is automated equipment with many, many variables that go into each set of machines. It is more of a problem solving job than it is hard labor. If you like to be challenge mentally, this is a perfect factory job for you.
Great Workplace and Job
Branch Administrator (Former Employee), Charlotte, NCMarch 26, 2014
Great company to work with, Unfortunately the company transitioned and there was a job loss nationwide
multicultural place to work
Marketing Coordinator Andean Region (Former Employee), Bogota, NJMarch 12, 2014
different cultures work with the same goal
everyone is interested in learning and helping other people
Great Employees!
Senior Systems Analyst (Regional Lead Manager) (Current Employee), Danvers, MassMarch 10, 2014
Overall great place to work. Management need to be more communicative with employees
Not a great place to work.
FORKLIFT DRIVER (Former Employee), Versailles, KYMarch 6, 2014
I worked there for 9 years and the whole time was a struggle. Favoritism is a big problem there. I liked my job but the politics in the workplace made it hard.

About OSRAM SYLVANIA

OSRAM SYLVANIA is a leader in lighting solutions and services, specializing in innovative design and energy saving technology. – Read more