OST Employee Reviews

See reviews about:
GREAT
Office Surgery Technician for OB/GYN (Former Employee) –  DALLASSeptember 21, 2015
THE JOB WAS GREAT I LOVED WHAT I DID BUT ALL THE TRAVELING AND VERY LONG HOURS WAS HARD TO DO WHEN HAVING A FAMILY SOME MORNING GOING IN AT 4AM AND NOT GETTING HOME UNTIL 8 OR 9PM
Great mission and culture of the YMCA
Administrator (Current Employee) –  Boston, MADecember 26, 2013
The YMCA has a great mission and continues to be a leader in social responsibility, healthy living, and youth development.
Purchasing Manager/key ops computer operator
SENIOR BUYER (Former Employee) –  Farmingdale, NYApril 29, 2013
Help install industry software and hardware. Maintained the software and daily system, did the month end reorts and loaded the new monthly prices. Worked with OST's customers and my own. Helped management with quoting new accounts. Vendor relations and assisted accounts payable. Join the TriMega Purchasing group receiving vendor cash rebates and lower prices. I was the Northeast Regional Cooridinator for the TriMega Purchasing Association group. OST received some extra deals as a direct result of my position and relationships with our vendors.
Pros
close to work andi was able to maintain my accounts.
Cons
poor funding.
productive work
Driver (Former Employee) –  channohon, ilApril 4, 2013
Is a fast passe job during the summer , i got more experience on driving
Cons
no breaks
Was a fun environment to work in.
Swim coach/swim teacher (Former Employee) –  Oakdale, CAFebruary 14, 2013
Just a typical day at the city pool. You have your coaches instructing the swiimers. All of them talking and making new friends.
very fast paced enjoyable place to work
Support Worker Afterschool (Former Employee) –  philadelphia pa.December 5, 2012
loved working as an ost worker engaging the youth in learning and fun community work
MY DAY
Activity Specialist (Former Employee) –  Jamaica, NYAugust 29, 2012
Going to work in the morning in NYC is a rough and tough battle, it seems like an episode from WWE. But to get to my job and go inside my classroom...its awesome. I prepare my lessons and organize my paperwork before my students come in and plan how the morning will lead to a energetic afternoon. After lunch its high order thinking activites for students and also for myself to plan what the next day will consist of mentally. Then after all is organized cleaned and dismissed the most wonderful and rewarding part of my day is unfolding. Reflection time! At this time Iam able to relax my mind and think about what i needed to fix in my planning and then create a method to do it just as effective but better. Now the setup for the next morning occurs and my supervisor and I chat,expectations and responsibilities are done and I'm going home to finish what i did not get to do for my students.
Pros
creativity
Cons
n/a