Osterman Jewelers Employee Reviews

See reviews about:
sales accosiate
Sales associate (Former Employee) –  Beavercreek, OHNovember 4, 2017
I hated this job, lied about salary and hours not livable. manager has no idea what he is doing. closing all locations soon so yea stay away.. best advice i have.
Positive, fun atmosphere
Part Time Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Springfield, OHApril 30, 2017
Ostermans is a friendly and fun place to work. Co workers are always willing to help with questions. Team environment work together not compete against eachother. Flexible work schedule.
Pros
Company discount, benefits, flexible work schedule
Stale Environment
ASSISTANT MANAGER (Current Employee) –  Dayton, OHOctober 2, 2016
As fun as jewelry can be and as rewarding as it can be, the hours and retail environment become stale and overwhelming. There is room for advancement and there is money to be made, but they love you when you're up and hate you when you're down. It's easy to get trapped. Iv'e watched people walk away from a shift and from work, and I understand why they would have done that. Turn around with employees is so bad, I've seen three completely new teams in one store in one year.
Pros
Decent Pay, Benefits, and Company Perks
Cons
Hours, Scheduling Flexibility and time off
Could be better..
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Dayton, OHJune 19, 2016
Sales is king, and if you did not get sales, management wasn't helpful, telling and 'doing' are two different things....
fun workplace in customer service
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Findlay, OHAugust 13, 2013
sales, customer service, repairs, daily paperwork, cash handling and inventory
Fun and productive workplace working with jewelry
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Greenwood, INMarch 12, 2013
A typical day at work was very fun. I would come in, check the sales for the day and begin working the floor. I was promoted very fast because of my drive, honesty, and dedication which caused a lot of tension with my associates. I was the youngest employee in the store so it was hard for everyone to look at me as their boss or their leader. The hardest part of the job was trying to prove myself to people who didn't care. I got along very well with the manager and district manager and they both want to see me go far in life in jewelry or whatever endeavors i choose. The most enjoyable part of my job was making customers happy and being a leader.
Pros
very good company to work for
Cons
very little training, which was hard for me as an am.
Office Manager (Former Employee) –  Florence, KYFebruary 13, 2013
This was my first experience as an office manager and I am thankful for this opportunity. I worked hard and learned a lot in a short amount of time in order to be promoted to a management position at such a young age. The office skills I learned here have helped me to move ahead in future positions. On a typical day I was responsible for the sales transactions of each employee, accounts receivable, accounts payable, collections on current and past due accounts, running monthly reports, and assisting with inventory.