Oswego Hospital Employee Reviews

Oswego Hospital
Registered Nurse (Current Employee) –  Oswego, NYJanuary 13, 2016
I've worked at Oswego Hospital for 3.5 years, and I can honestly say that this organization has exceeded my expectations as an RN. I've worked in both Med-Surg and the ICU and found the management to be fair and competent. I was pleasantly surprised by this, having come from a large organization in Atlanta. Nursing is hard work, and as more requirements are placed on nurses it will continue to become more so. The attitude you bring to an organization largely determines your satisfaction, and this remains true with Oswego Hospital. Personally, I've had a good experience here, and I would strongly recommend this hospital to other nurses.
Pros
Great teamwork among staff, Close parking, Great traffic, Cafeteria food is actually good
Cons
Med-surg is a LARGE floor, lots of walking.
Hit and miss
LPN/Float- F/T and Per Diem (Former Employee) –  Oswego, NYJanuary 12, 2016
Departments were like their own little universe, each had different environment. Some pleasant to work within, others not so much. Management was all about the numbers not the patients and staff.
I enjoyed meeting different people and being able to help with their health needs.
LPN (Former Employee) –  Oswego, NYSeptember 14, 2015
A good place to learn about different aspects of the medical field. A company that stays updated and provides this information to their employees.
My positive impact on others in a medical office setting
Radiology Secretary (Former Employee) –  Oswego, NYApril 14, 2015
I loved working weekends in the radiology office..I had a very relaxing atmosphere to work in and I enjoyed outpatient interaction..it was in this position I learned my computer skills and all other office skills.
Pros
Very relaxed atmosphere
Cons
Healthcare
A decent workplace with poor management
Desktop Engineer (Current Employee) –  Oswego, NYFebruary 2, 2015
Work days varied based on tickets that came in and projects that needed to worked on. I would work on various desktop issues that involved desktops, laptops, printers, faxes, etc. My co-workers were helpful when I needed help solving an issue and mostly friendly but some had poor attitudes. They'd been their longer and felt like they were above working on some issues. Hardest part of the job was dealing with EMR software that frequently had slowness and other issues. The most enjoyable part of the job was working on issues with "customers". I like solving problems.
productive and fun
Nursing Assistant (Current Employee) –  Oswego, NYJuly 21, 2014
I enjoy helping each patient and trying to make them the most comfortable to make their stay more enjoyable for a better road to recovery.
I enjoy going to work everyday
Service Technician (Current Employee) –  Oswego, NYFebruary 17, 2014
I have learned a great deal since working at the hospital. The on the job training prepared me well for a job that was very different then anything i had done before.

The people that work in the hospital are great, they are hard working and dedicated to their jobs. They are also willing to help. Help is always of use in healthcare and there is no lack of help at oswego hospital.

Overall working at oswego hospital has been a positive experience for me so far.
Pros
Great Coworkers, benefits for full timers, plenty of work to be done
Cons
hours vary
Workload exceeds staffing ability
Staff/Charge RN, Emergency (Former Employee) –  Oswego, NYDecember 29, 2013
Because the facility is the only acute care facility in the area, surrounding communities have only this one emergency room to go to for assistance. The facility is primarily staffed with inexperienced young/new nurses, many of which are fresh out of college and have not been aptly trained and experienced in acute care settings, much less a setting with limited resources. This is a fairly rural hospital. The next nearest facility is 50 miles away, both to the north and south. It is most often extremely overcrowded, its resources highly overstressed, and unable to accommodate many of the incoming emergencies, especially traumas, heart attacks, and strokes, as well as complicated surgical needs. Though administration is aware of these issues, there is little they can offer for assistance, as funding is consistently well below what is needed. Job benefits are extremely limited and inadequate, as is the wages. They are not union, and have no local competition, therefore they offer as little as possible.
The only good point to the facility is that it is located in the center of town, making all the town of Oswego has to offer accessible. Other than that, to have to go in there on a daily basis was taxing to the spirit and morale, to say the least. There are good people that work there, but most have been "traded out" for younger, cheaper help. There is no administrative support, incentive, or even praise for those on the front lines. You are on your own, and if you turn your back, you will be thrown to the wolves, so to speak.
Pros
Cons
No admin support, poor work conditions, poor wages, very little benefits offered, all employees expendable
Nice people
Director of Technology (Former Employee) –  Oswego, NYDecember 22, 2013
Good Place to work, family atmosphere. Great opportunities for advancement for the correct person.
Pros
Great opportunities for advancement for the correct person.
Cons
Too Much SNOW
Excellent place to work. I have no complaints.
Central Sterile Technician (Former Employee) –  Oswego, NYNovember 26, 2013
Fast paced and constant change. great people. Learned excellent time management and organizational skills.
fun coworkers
Medical Data Abstractor (Former Employee) –  Oswego, NYAugust 4, 2013
No day was like the one before, always keeping me on my toes, faced paced, and challenging. Worked with many different departments to ensure accurate records
Pros
great benefits
Cons
lack of recognition
Great hospital in my hometown.
Nurses Aide to Physical Therapy Aide (Former Employee) –  Oswego, NYAugust 17, 2012
Getting work assignments and following the treatment plans of the patients.
I learned how to work as part of a team.
I worked with a great group of Drs,RNs,LPNs,PTs.
The hardest part of that job was having to resign, as I asked for a LOA and was denied. I wanted 3 months off to go meet my fience in OK as we were getting married. He was working on a job there and we were going to return to Oswego.
Every day was different!
Pros
nice place to work

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Oswego Hospital. Our community is ready to answer.

Oswego Hospital Reviews by Location