Oswego Hospital

Oswego Hospital Employer Reviews

I enjoy going to work everyday
Service Technician (Current Employee), Oswego, NYFebruary 17, 2014
Pros: great coworkers, benefits for full timers, plenty of work to be done
Cons: hours vary
I have learned a great deal since working at the hospital. The on the job training prepared me well for a job that was very different then anything i had done before.

The people that work in the hospital are great, they are hard working and dedicated to their jobs. They are also willing to help. Help is always of use in healthcare and there is no lack – more... of help at oswego hospital.

Overall working at oswego hospital has been a positive experience for me so far. – less
Workload exceeds staffing ability
Staff/Charge RN, Emergency (Former Employee), Oswego, NYDecember 29, 2013
Pros: location
Cons: no admin support, poor work conditions, poor wages, very little benefits offered, all employees expendable
Because the facility is the only acute care facility in the area, surrounding communities have only this one emergency room to go to for assistance. The facility is primarily staffed with inexperienced young/new nurses, many of which are fresh out of college and have not been aptly trained and experienced in acute care settings, much less a setting – more... with limited resources. This is a fairly rural hospital. The next nearest facility is 50 miles away, both to the north and south. It is most often extremely overcrowded, its resources highly overstressed, and unable to accommodate many of the incoming emergencies, especially traumas, heart attacks, and strokes, as well as complicated surgical needs. Though administration is aware of these issues, there is little they can offer for assistance, as funding is consistently well below what is needed. Job benefits are extremely limited and inadequate, as is the wages. They are not union, and have no local competition, therefore they offer as little as possible.
The only good point to the facility is that it is located in the center of town, making all the town of Oswego has to offer accessible. Other than that, to have to go in there on a daily basis was taxing to the spirit and morale, to say the least. There are good people that work there, but most have been "traded out" for younger, cheaper help. There is no administrative support, incentive, or even praise for those on the front lines. You are on your own, and if you turn your back, you will be thrown to the wolves, so to speak. – less
Nice people
Director of Technology (Former Employee), Oswego, NYDecember 22, 2013
Pros: great opportunities for advancement for the correct person.
Cons: too much snow
Good Place to work, family atmosphere. Great opportunities for advancement for the correct person.
Excellent place to work. I have no complaints.
Central Sterile Technician (Former Employee), Oswego, NYNovember 26, 2013
Fast paced and constant change. great people. Learned excellent time management and organizational skills.
fun coworkers
Medical Data Abstractor (Former Employee), Oswego, NYAugust 4, 2013
Pros: great benefits
Cons: lack of recognition
No day was like the one before, always keeping me on my toes, faced paced, and challenging. Worked with many different departments to ensure accurate records
Great hospital in my hometown.
Nurses Aide to Physical Therapy Aide (Former Employee), Oswego, NYAugust 17, 2012
Pros: nice place to work
Getting work assignments and following the treatment plans of the patients.
I learned how to work as part of a team.
I worked with a great group of Drs,RNs,LPNs,PTs.
The hardest part of that job was having to resign, as I asked for a LOA and was denied. I wanted 3 months off to go meet my fience in OK as we were getting married. He was working on a – more... job there and we were going to return to Oswego.
Every day was different! – less