OTC Markets Group Inc Employee Reviews

See reviews about:
Growing company with nice management
Associate (Former Employee) –  New York, NYMarch 31, 2016
The company has great potential and is a nice place to work where most employees and the management get along well. The benefits include typical corporate package with 3 healthcare options (you choose how much you need and pay for the tier you want), 15 vacation days to start + annual accrual up to 25 days max. They also offer summer Fridays, snacks, outings and happy hours.
Pros
Good benefits, caring management
Informix Database Administrator (Former Employee) –  New York, NYMarch 6, 2013
I worked for OTC Markets for 5-1/2 years. I averaged a 3500 hour work year. The income was excellent, but management had no concern for the employees and firings for no cause were commonplace. Interaction among employees was discouraged and the workplace was very depressing.
Pros
high salary
Cons
long hours, indifferent management
Enjoyable workplace with free lunch on Friday
Software Engineer in Test (Current Employee) –  New York CityFebruary 15, 2015
A typical day at work starts with daily scrum meeting which I liked it as I can understand all the other team members what they are doing in their domain. I also like scrum I can explain the details about my blockage of progress.
Besides technical, I learned some soft skills through training like mentoring team, working with on shore and off shore team, creating technical design documents for proof of concepts etc.
The hardest part of the job: when management spends lots of time to accept the simple solution
Enjoyable part of the job: when deliver the product to clients successfully with client’s satisfaction

Ask a question about working or interviewing at OTC Markets Group Inc. Our community is ready to answer.

2.3