OTG Management Employee Reviews in United States

Great working and learning environment
Prep Cook (Current Employee) –  Newark, NJMarch 28, 2016
A typical day would be preparing the station for breakfast service. My breakfast menu includes breakfast sandwiches(scrambled eggs and cheese on a bagel,ciabatta, or english muffin). Other menu items are steel-cut oatmeal,parfaits,Lox boards etc.
We serve customers about 5am.
I enjoy the customers satisifaction and our excellent service.
Pros
uniforms( chef jackets and caps)
Cons
benefits are great
Great Concept, Terrible Enviroment
Visual Merchandiser (Current Employee) –  Queens, NYFebruary 24, 2016
Atypical day at work can be very draining. I have been with the company for three years and it allowed me to learn and acquire some good skills. However the management is very horrible. Bad communication playing a huge factor in that. lack of professionalism is also a big one. Also there is a lack of support when you ask for help. It is very rare that anyone with stop and help you. As for the employees that work hard they are never acknowledged nor moved up. I like the company but i feel like the staff can be much better.
Pros
Abstract Environment
Cons
Under valued employees
The most toxic work thats ever existed
Market Manager (Former Employee) –  New York, NYDecember 12, 2015
I have never witnessed as much unprofessional ism before stemming from upper management. People are just treated as work horses made to work 16 hour shifts and 6 or 7 day weeks on occasions there have been people who worked 40 days without a day off. Promotions are given to "favorites"
Pros
Free food for management
Cons
You work so many hours its hard to find a new job
Nope!
Manager (Current Employee) –  New York, NYMarch 21, 2015
This company simply takes advantage of its people. Once you work there as a salaried employee, you can kiss goodbye to your personal life. 10 hours a day requirement, easily turns into 12 or 14hrs.
They have not given pay increases in over 2 years. Very poor organization, very poor HR representation.
NO training of any kind. Software and/or systems in place are not fully grasped by anyone, so you make it up you go.
As a result, the great people leave for better companies.
Bad work conditions, negative environment.
Pros
free lunch/dinner for salaried employees.
Cons
their benefits suck; long work hours, no guaranteed days off
TOXIC culture and ZERO quality of life, Company run on FEAR. STAY AWAY
Director of Operations (Current Employee) –  New York, NYApril 12, 2016
This was the absolute WORST job that I ever had. If I knew what I knew now about this company, I would never have taken the position. You will work 14 hours a day, and they expect you to work no matter what. Hours are horrendous (4AM start times to 1AM). No training given. They will sell and tell you have marvelous it is at the beginning, and take you to the best managers and staff and they will say the same out of fear of losing their jobs. They run everything by numbers only, and bonus. They expect you to forge numbers to make reports look good. They staff is terrible, as they continuously hire bodies as people quit or are fired every other day. The turnover last month was 60%! They are always hiring and pay very well, and that is why they pay so much. The money is not even worth the hassle. They also have a terrible reputation in the NYC area as well, ask around. Stay away and work for a real company, and the smoke and mirrors show they put on here will come crashing down soon.
Pros
Free Food, that is IT
Cons
NO quality of life, 14 hrs day a regular, Upper Management runs everything solely on numbers and making bonus, TOXIC environment where backstabbing is encouraged, Horrible HR staff, ZERO training, no growth
Great work environment with amazing staff.
Chef/ Kitchen Lead (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAApril 28, 2016
I started working for OTG when I turned 18. I learned all I possibly could about the workforce, thanks to all of my co-workers (employees and upper management, alike). The workload is about as normal as any kitchen. Everyone has their fair share of bad days, but the family values is what held our team together.
Pros
crew meals, PTO
Cons
horrible kitchen space, no concern for BOH employees
Great work area
PREP COOK (Current Employee) –  Jamaica, NYFebruary 11, 2016
Excellent working environment. Management is great. I enjoy working there. Hardest part of the job are the duties. A typical day at work is great because my co- workers are great.
Cashier
Cashier at Minneapolis and St. Paul airport (Former Employee) –  Bloomington, MNDecember 8, 2015
I run a cash register and I am stationed on certain terminals. A day at work requires going through airport security and regulations. The work consist of checking for expiration dates on food products and restocking drinks and assorted treats.
Pros
Fast pace work
Cons
Short breaks, management
Good for students in college.
Server (Current Employee) –  East Elmhurst, NYNovember 4, 2015
management is not constant. There is always a new manager. Each one has different rules and prespectives. working hours are very 4:30 am or 12 pm or 3 pm. Theres a manager that makes many employees feel uncomfortable due to abuse of power.
Pros
50% of lunch meals.
Cons
lack of communication with employee, unstable management, lack of opportunity to advance.
Great Employees, Nice Staff
Server-Supervisor-Manager (Current Employee) –  Newark, NJApril 17, 2016
The staff and employees were great to work with. This is a place that's nice to get along with people. If you're looking for a place that puts you at ease to work at, look no further.
Extremely easy work place
Server, Barista/Bartender and Porter (Former Employee) –  La Guardia Airport, NYMay 2, 2016
This place is amazing, the work hours are reasonable and it pays very well. The management is also very professional i would recommend this to anyone.
Fun working
Cashier/Customer Service (Current Employee) –  Newark, NJMarch 12, 2016
The best thing about OTG is the location, I get to meet lots of people in the airport, Im not always available on weekdays but my fixed schedule is very helpful
ok place to work
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Bloomington, MNApril 9, 2016
management are nice.
a typical day at work is never the same past the first three hours and the last three hours of the day
I loved making people smile
The worst job ever!!
CASHIER (Former Employee) –  QUEENS,NYMarch 27, 2014
The managers are rude and lazy all they do is walk around and do nothing all day... While us workers are struggling because of short of staff...When its slow they are rude with the workers and tell them to go home very rudely like they are dogs... They over work you with low pay... They never want to give a raise... Suppose to be in a union but people get fired from left to right... This company is so all over the place... I feel bad for the servers they tips get deducted out their pay.... Very races company... If your looking to become a manager but your starting from the bottom, trust me you'll stay there till you either quit or get fired.... This company is so selfish and money hungry... They dont even care about the customers... And they're very nasty the cooks dont even clean the meat or even wash there hands!!!!
Great Group
general manager (Former Employee) –  New York, NYNovember 18, 2015
This was a great group to work with and work for.. You need to be willing to put in the hours and the rewards are worth it.
management was tough but for a great reason they have a great business, and need to keep everyone on their toes.
technology used to enhance the restaurant business
Hostess (Current Employee) –  Newark, NJAugust 31, 2015
a typical day working at the airport consists of rude and drunk passenger who are angered by the new style of ordering. new style of ordering is through iPad and 89 percent of the passengers disapprove of it so there is always a complaint. management is not that great, no assistance is provided when needed.
Pros
Cons
short breaks, overworked, low staffed, short hours, low pay
A challenging mix
Multi-Unit Manager (Current Employee) –  JFK Airport, Jamaica, NYJanuary 27, 2014
This is not a job for someone who wants a textbook with all the answers on how to run a restaurant. Being in an airport, the business is in constant flux and has many more constraints than a normal four walled establishment. Your employees have to go through a 2 month process in order to work there. Your vendors have to be approved and deliver to a dock where porters then have to deliver to each location. Those are just a couple of examples of the challenges but that is also what makes the job interesting coupled with working in an environment where it is never the same twice, always different people flying through. You are also forced to think for yourself and figure out your own solutions which I enjoyed.
Pros
pay, benefits, fast-paced, challenging
Cons
lack of systems, poor training, vision
Not a great place to work for long term
Server (Current Employee) –  JFK AIRPORTNovember 16, 2012
Typical work day would be no managers are ever around no communication i only got a 25 cent raise since I have been employed a issue if we use OUR sick day or vacation days this work place is like a playground managers gossip non-stop 1 manager constantly talks about one worker to other co-workers. some co-workers are just as bad the hardest part about the job is getting through the day. most enjoyable is going home once your hired they are nice to you for a few days then everything just changes.
Pros
going home
Cons
expensive lunch co-workers are never on time no communication with managers

Comment – January 21, 2013

the manager from the conpany fired employing saying that they steal money went is the opposite and is no health cover and they are so nasty with all the employing i use to work with the company and they destroying my reputation that i cant work with any conpany because they saying that i rob money otg is out to go

High Volume, High Stakes Concessions
Purchasing Manager (Former Employee) –  Jamaica, NYJanuary 31, 2014
OTG Management is a fast paced work environment that is results driven. The business at the airport is open essentially 24/7/365 and as such there is a lot of pressure. While the work/life balance may not be what many are looking for it is not uncommon for the food service industry. The company culture is ingrained from day one. Compensation is very competitive.
Pros
good compensation
Cons
often times impersonal and upward mobility is difficult
Work Place
cashier (Current Employee) –  jamaica, n.ySeptember 15, 2015
This work place is a productive work place for young adults just looking for work. Decent management and hours. The pay wage is decent as well.