otg management Employee Reviews

The most toxic work thats ever existed
Market Manager (Former Employee) –  New York, NYDecember 12, 2015
I have never witnessed as much unprofessional ism before stemming from upper management. People are just treated as work horses made to work 16 hour shifts and 6 or 7 day weeks on occasions there have been people who worked 40 days without a day off. Promotions are given to "favorites"
Pros
Free food for management
Cons
You work so many hours its hard to find a new job
Cashier
Cashier at Minneapolis and St. Paul airport (Former Employee) –  Bloomington, MNDecember 8, 2015
I run a cash register and I am stationed on certain terminals. A day at work requires going through airport security and regulations. The work consist of checking for expiration dates on food products and restocking drinks and assorted treats.
Pros
Fast pace work
Cons
Short breaks, management
Great Group
general manager (Former Employee) –  New York, NYNovember 18, 2015
This was a great group to work with and work for.. You need to be willing to put in the hours and the rewards are worth it.
management was tough but for a great reason they have a great business, and need to keep everyone on their toes.
Cashier & Bartender (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLNovember 6, 2015
Very great company, lots of opportunities. Able to transfer to alot of other states if needed. Lots of jobs including server, cashier, food prep, bartender
Good for students in college.
Server (Current Employee) –  East Elmhurst, NYNovember 4, 2015
management is not constant. There is always a new manager. Each one has different rules and prespectives. working hours are very 4:30 am or 12 pm or 3 pm. Theres a manager that makes many employees feel uncomfortable due to abuse of power.
Pros
50% of lunch meals.
Cons
lack of communication with employee, unstable management, lack of opportunity to advance.
Work Place
cashier (Current Employee) –  jamaica, n.ySeptember 15, 2015
This work place is a productive work place for young adults just looking for work. Decent management and hours. The pay wage is decent as well.
overall okay work place
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Newark, NJSeptember 11, 2015
a typical day at work would consist of me opening up the store and the proceed too put out the pastries. I learned a lot more customer service skills and also how to be more patient, managers at the specific job weren't the good in my personal opinion. The job really wasn't difficult at all, and i enjoyed interacting with customers the most.
its work
Hostess (Current Employee) –  Newark, NJSeptember 9, 2015
Its work. I go there and do my job. Its an good company for teens and college students who need the extra money. I don't suggest you make a career out of it however.
Flexible hours but not organized
Sales Associate/ Cashier (Former Employee) –  Queens, NYSeptember 2, 2015
The company itself is not organized. All over the place when it comes to structure in how a business should run. Hours are very flexible to me where i can spend time with my daughter.
Pros
flexible hours
Cons
crazy atmosphere
Needs more structure
Hostess/ Server (Current Employee) –  Jamaica, NYAugust 31, 2015
Horrible schedule timing, needs more stuff. Love working with my co workers. Management needs to respond to there calls and text messages more. Food is Fabulous.
Pros
high speed environment
Cons
horrible working schedule
technology used to enhance the restaurant business
Hostess (Current Employee) –  Newark, NJAugust 31, 2015
a typical day working at the airport consists of rude and drunk passenger who are angered by the new style of ordering. new style of ordering is through iPad and 89 percent of the passengers disapprove of it so there is always a complaint. management is not that great, no assistance is provided when needed.
Pros
Cons
short breaks, overworked, low staffed, short hours, low pay
great company for school kids
utility (Former Employee) –  utilityAugust 11, 2015
is a borring place to work very fast pace place. I wouldn't recommend this job unless your looking for a side job. but if your looking for a management position there it pays better
Great work place
Market/Retail Manager (Former Employee) –  Elmhurst, NYAugust 5, 2015
Starting off with a brand new company helped me learn more then ever how to control time management and day to day operations.
Cons
not enough man power
Fast Paced, high stress work environment
Bartender (Current Employee) –  East Elmhurst, NYAugust 3, 2015
Very busy learned how to deal with high stress situations, management favorites women. Coworkers were easy to work with for the most part hardest part would be working without a barback.
Pros
good money
Cons
bad managment
very fun work place I got to meet different people everyday and learned something new everyday
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Queens, NYJuly 24, 2015
Loved this job from the time I clocked in and clocked out .Things I learned about the airport is the challenge of being a cashier you have to be on alert at all times .never know when something can happen.This main part was meeting STARS every other day from musicians,rapper,book writers,rock bands ,news cast ,etc that's the easy part of the job seeing all types of people every day.The hard part is making sure you and everyone is safe by watching out for left luggage's bomb threats etc
Fun workplace
Server (Former Employee) –  Minneapolis, MNJuly 16, 2015
A Typical day at work would be me either mornings or evenings going in and cooking. I guess I didn't learn too much, maybe how to use certain appliances, otherwise everything was pretty self explanatory.
Management was amazing, I love them all still do up until this day.
My co-workers were also amazing, we always had fun together.
There was no hard part, I enjoyed the job. The most enjoyable was being able to work with such great, uplifting people everyday.
Very Cultural Place
John F. Kennedy Airport (Former Employee) –  Queens, NYJune 16, 2015
Very safe environment to work in. Co-workers are good and respectable. Management is also good. I learned to be patient and show gratitude.
busy fun workplace
Cook (Former Employee) –  Minneapolis,mn.June 7, 2015
Being several concepts at the international airport there were several opportunities to learn, teach or get hours if you applied yourself. Managers were always there to help you on whatever path you chose to follow.
Pros
plenty of work and promotion opportunities
Cons
a lot of days straight on
Mixed feelings
Supervisor (Current Employee) –  nyMay 24, 2015
Every day is a different day. Working for OTG as a supervisor sucks your energy. As a company is a great company but it needs a lot of work.
Airport Maintenance/Sanitation
Maintenance/Sanitation (Former Employee) –  Jamaica, NYMay 19, 2015
Learn a lot. from OTG. Eventhough I was there for only three months. I gained more experience about working safe. Hardest part of the job was fix the trash dumpsters in the airport yard.
Pros
Paid for lunches
Cons
Long breaks