OTG Employee Reviews

Horrible
Maintenance Tech (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PANovember 15, 2017
This place was not concerned about there employees. The raises were stagnant the only time they would consider promoting you if you threatened to quit. It was good for learning new tasks and training.
very productive work environment and people friendly
Hostess (Former Employee) –  Queens, NYSeptember 26, 2017
Having to greet customers coming in and out of the restaurant , keep a positive attitude even under pressure, leading the customers to their table. The most enjoyable part of the job was watching the customers leave happy and satisfied with their meal.
Pros
free food
Cons
the breaks weren't very long
Terrible company. With no morales. Your just considered a number and nothing more.
Multi Unit General Manager (Former Employee) –  Newark, NJSeptember 19, 2017
I would strongly suggest looking elsewhere. Unless you have no family and just want to work, work, and work. Have seen a lot of good employees get burned out and leave due to lack of help from leadership.
Pros
Cons
Too many
Buen lugar de trabajo
Management Bartender / Server (Former Employee) –  Queens, NYSeptember 13, 2017
el dia de trabajo es bueno por al ambiente que se crea por los compañeros de trabajo cada dia se aprende cosas nuevas la gerencia necesita un poco de mejoras lo mas difícil es que si tienes hambre a pesar de ser un restaurante tienes que comprar la comida y el sueldo es muy malo demasiado bajo
Pros
Buenas propinas incluidas en cuenta
Cons
mal sueldo, no te permiten sentarte
Much to do very little help
General Manager (Former Employee) –  New York, NYAugust 16, 2017
Very difficult operation where manager training was unexacting and very necessary since you are managing union workers. managers were starch thin with little help.
Fooled me into this job
Bartender/Server (Former Employee) –  Newark, NJJuly 24, 2017
This job seemed very professional at first. Management is horrible, most of the time they dont know what they are doing. Corp. terminal director is a jerk, he likes to make stupid remarks on everyone style. If you have a closing shift you never know when your getting out because you dont leave until last flight boards. You need to always come 1hr earlier then your shift to go through TSA and to put your stufff in your lockers which you have to purchase. This is the worst company I have worked for.
Pros
your learn how to appreciate other jobs
Cons
No life
good company
Server (Former Employee) –  Newark, NJJuly 5, 2017
good company just got a few kinks to work out. the company has good food and free drinks. You cant eat the food for free though. that was a real bummer
Horrible company with horrible management
Server (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXMay 9, 2017
Let me start off with this, I wish I would've read all the bad reviews and taken them into consideration before I applied for this job. Management is horrible, they make anyone managers, even high school drop outs and they are so childish. They spend half of their time sitting on computers and the other half flirting with employees and playing favorites. If you text them with an important question, they won't reply for days, even though the claim to be "available at all time". Training was about 3 weeks long because my restaurant I was assigned to wasn't open yet, but people who got hired a week before me only had 2 days of training. Badging took about 3 weeks, but that's all due to the airport not OTG itself. However, I was employed for over 2 months before I got my parking pass that I applied for at my new hire orientation. You can't receive it until you are badged, so that was 5 extra weeks of me paying for parking that I didn't need to be. Once I finally got my parking pass, it didn't work and I got stranded in the parking garage and charged $40 for the 3 hours I was at work. HR is more ridiculous than the managers and doesn't have anything together. I also received a paycheck at $2.13 an hour, which I understand that's my pay rate, but i was in training and making no tips. It took 3 weeks for me to get that money after bringing it to HR's attention. OTG does not care about their employees at all. As a guest, the restaurant seems nice, but no paper receipts, no cash payments, no splitting or combining checks, and no visible refunds causes some complaints, and the managers  more... are nowhere to be found to help the servers with those situations. They make the company seem so nice and act like they walk on water, but reality is they hire anyone with a pulse and are the most unorganized company I've ever worked for. Please listen to the reviews and do NOT work for them. Working in the airport can be great money, but choose a different company.  less
Pros
Discounts on airport restaurants
Cons
Everything else
Terrible management
Cashier/cashier trainee (Former Employee) –  IahMay 6, 2017
Worked as cashier/trainer to new employees. Terrible human resource interaction. Management is always distancing themselves with hourly employees. Watched young cashiers being promoted to supervisors. Trained new cashiers but never got promoted. High high turnover rate. If you are a person of color you can wish any dreams of moving up to supervisor or management goodbye.
Pros
4 day work week
Cons
Terribly managed high turnover rate low pay
Very productive
Visual Merchandiser (Current Employee) –  Queens, NYApril 29, 2017
Amazing managers ,a lot of growth, one of the amazing companies to work for. The managers are always there to listen ,there is also growth within the company.
Pros
40 hours a week
Its a nice company if they will better select the employee
Food Runner (Former Employee) –  Newark, NJFebruary 15, 2017
Realy sad place to work
Bulling
They made me feel discriminated ( co workers) Im Latin.
Its like they agree to make the day miserable. if in the kitchen they forget to make an order they said its the food runners fault that i leave in at a wrong table.
I do not tell the worst that a partner said to me because it is terrible and unrepeatable
Pros
There are good Managers.
Cons
Hire people whit zero education an respect
Horrible management/ Unorganized
Merchandiser (Former Employee) –  TxDecember 2, 2016
Management for this company is horrible and completely unorganized
They rather be your best friend, they talk behind your back to other employees or even share information that doesn't need to be shared
They show favoritism
The managers expect you to do everything, while they just sit around laughing and on their phones or hiding somewhere in the terminal
They change the rules over and over (say one thing and change it the next day)
The managers Barely answer their phones when cashiers need them for guests getting ready to board
Great people, poor structure
Fine Dining Server / Barista (Former Employee) –  Newark, NJSeptember 11, 2016
Great company to make good money fast as a server or bartender. Management is inconsistent, big egos, still all as replaceable as any other employee. High turn over rate, little work life balance,
Pros
Great food.
Cons
no Respect
great delightful place to learn work values.
Cashier/Barista/Night Supervisor (Former Employee) –  EWR Newark AirportAugust 24, 2016
The productive environment I was placed in allowed me to grow and develop new skill I learned can help me to be a productive employee for another company.
Pros
Flexibly schedules and employee discounts
Cons
Time going through Security Check Point
Great Experience
Safety Manager (Former Employee) –  Spicewood, TX 78669August 17, 2016
You will learn more than you signed up for, just be ready to learn more than you expected. The most enjoyable part about the job was that it didn't seem like work, because I learned so much. Don't let me confuse you though, it felt like work when you got off.
High Stress Job with Poor Management
Shift Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAAugust 10, 2016
OTG Managment is exceptionally poor in the management area. Managers practice favoritism, retaliation, gossiping, and non professionalism. Working in a food location I've witnessed many and Major health code violations. From selling expired old food, improper use of cleaning supplies, and vermin running wild behind the scenes. Employees come and go so quickly due to poor management. Managers don't care about there employees your just a ready and able body to do the job. They never follow policy's and procedures until VIPs come around.
Pros
Meeting passengers
Cons
Short breaks, inconsistent hours, BAD management
Backstabbing culture, NO advancement, ZERO training, HORRENDOUS working hours
Director of Operations (Former Employee) –  New York, NYMay 9, 2016
Worked here for over 2 years, and all two years were the worst time in my life. There are so many issues with this company that I can not even begin to list them all. They offer zero training when you begin, and expect you to just learn their "culture" on your own. They will tell you that you will work a 10 hr shift max, but in ends up more like 12-14 hours, and that is if you are lucky. You can also work up to 3 weeks straight because they run the management so short staffed because no one with half a brain will come here. If any of the senior management comes, and something is wrong, you will most likely be let go. I have seen them fire management for no reason what so ever other then a senior management person not "liking" someone. Inventory time is a complete mess, and the senior management instructs you to "up count" items so they can make a bonus. They run the daily business all on making a bonus. Everyone is for themselves here, and it is a team at all. The senior management will never thank you for anything no matter what. They will only expect more, more, more. It is bad. Find a job anywhere else. They pay very well, but it is NOT worth the hassles you will endure day to day. They throw money at problems, and still never change anything to make it better. It got to a point where I just did not even want to show up anymore, and that has never happened at any job I had before. They actually told us they would give the hourly staff and managers gift cards for writing "good reviews" on the company to raise their ratings, that is how they go here. It is all a show.
Pros
Free Food
Cons
- HORRIBLE hours, no work/life balance at all. No team or help from senior management, ZERO job security. ZERO traning, terrible HR department, Culture is horrible as well. STAY AWAY.
Bad, bad management
Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Washington,DCMay 8, 2016
Management doesn't care about anything, they just want bodies. Bodies, to show up and do something and go home, what happens in between doesn't matter

It's just a paycheck

The smart managers leave ASAP, the incompetent ones stay because no one else would ever hire them
Pros
OK pay and benefits
Cons
Horrible management
COOK (Former Employee) –  New York, NYMay 4, 2016
it was nice but the kitchen I worked in wasn't clean.
every one is friendly and very helpful.
managment is nice and very helpful.
Pros
n/a
Cons
n/a
productive
hand (Former Employee) –  Rosharon, TXMarch 5, 2016
hard work, long hours, but very good pay. if you love being outside and working with your hands this job is a good labor job

Ask a question about working or interviewing at OTG. Our community is ready to answer.

2.8