Otis Elevator Company Employee Reviews

Productive and great place to work
Assembler (Current Employee) –  Florence, SCJanuary 26, 2016
Maintain safety at all times. Assemble elevator components. Management team and co-workers work well together. The hardest part of the job is not having all the inventory to build components. Overall the job is very enjoyable
Job Autonomy and Ability to Create Own Schedule
Account Manager (Current Employee) –  Tulsa, OKJanuary 4, 2016
A typical work week consists of Mondays and Fridays in the office on conference calls and planning for the week. Tuesday - Thursday is scheduled for customer visits/site surveys/sales calls.

I have learned all aspects of how a major corporation operates. I was responsible for every aspect of the sales process as well as the management side of the product installation. I was also responsible for the accounts receivable for each customer in my territory.

The toughest part of my job was balancing sales with finance, office secretarial work and account management.

The most enjoyable part of the job was the autonomy and the branch team.
Pros
Autonomy, High Level Responsibility, Education Assistance Program
Otis
Senior Account Manager (Current Employee) –  Pittsburgh, PANovember 19, 2015
Demanding and rewarding work environment. Need to be a self starter but also work in a team. Multiple lines of business and the maintenance portion of our business helps make each day unique. Pay and benefits are great.
learned alot
maintanance (Current Employee) –  Bloomington, INNovember 5, 2015
a good place to work people are very helpful work is hard but the rewards are worth it I learned so much from being here I don't know what elese to say
Pros
very professional
Cons
hard work
too many titles not enough pay
General Administrator/ Inspections Communicator (Former Employee) –  Miami, FLOctober 26, 2015
Otis has amazing benefits, understand if you are sick, or have an emergency. The pay is decent. You have too many job titles to handle but they do not increase pay.
Fellow employees were fun to work with
Elevator Technician (Mechanics Helper) (Former Employee) –  New Orleans, LAOctober 4, 2015
Great and interesting job. It allowed one to wear many different hats and to learn many different technologies. Responsibility was a must and consequences (good and/or bad) of those responsibilities were swift.
Pros
Great intro into many different technologies.
Cons
High layover of employees sometimes left one adrift.
Very enjoyable job.
Accounting Analyst (Former Employee) –  Florence, SCSeptember 10, 2015
Constant management changes made it difficult, felt like always having to prove yourself everyday. I knew my job inside and out, which made work life easier.
Great learning opportunities. Mediocre compensation.
Mechanical Engineer, Innovation (Current Employee) –  Farmington, CTSeptember 7, 2015
Great learning opportunities. Employees are very knowledgeable. Products are constantly being improved. Otis is the largest in its industry. Opportunity for global travel.

However, compensation is mediocre.
Pros
Great learning opportunities. Experienced employees. Continued product improvement / refinement.
Cons
Mediocre compensation.
Working at Otis Elevator was the worst 5 years of my life
Sr. Administrative Assist to V.P (Former Employee) –  Farmington, CTAugust 1, 2015
Horrible boss, horrible co-workers - horrible politics. This place was a cess pool of the most horrible people I have ever worked with
Pros
Good benefits
Cons
everything
great job
Service Coordinator/Purchasing Agent (Former Employee) –  Denver, COJuly 27, 2015
It was a great job. It was close to home and really enjoyed the employees. We had fun but worked very hard. I learned a lot about the food industry while employed with this company

Want to know more about Otis Elevator Company?

Ask a question
safety first
Electro-mechanical assembler (Former Employee) –  Bloomfield, CTJuly 23, 2015
Otis Elevator Co its a good company with excellent opportunities on manufacturing. With friendly ambient when always safety come first.
Great Company to work for
Drafter (Current Employee) –  Florence, SCJuly 21, 2015
Otis is a great company to work for. I have learned a lot while being an employee at Otis elevator and the whole UTC family.
Good place to work for. No issues.
Regional Manager (Former Employee) –  South AmericaJuly 1, 2015
Good place to work for. No issues. Well run company from top to bottom. Work processes are well thought and extremely detailed.
Productive and a fun place to work
CLC ( Entry Level Drafter ) (Current Employee) –  Florence, SCJune 22, 2015
Production/drawing, parts of the elevator, good management, good co-workers and most enjoyable part of the job is coming to work
Pros
Free Lunches at times
UTC
Information Systems Analyst (JD Edwards CNC) (Current Employee) –  Farmington, CTMay 2, 2015
UTC is a great place to work.
It is slow and deliberate but is what it is.
Understand it is was what it is. It is a Fortune 50 Company. It is very slow.
Pros
Big Company
Cons
Big Company
Very diverse company
Production Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Florence, SCApril 19, 2015
Overall Otis is a good company to work for. I have had the opportunity to meet a lot of good people at Otis and the program they have for continued education is great.
Overal great place to work
Product Support Systems Analyst (Current Employee) –  Florence, SCApril 14, 2015
Good culture, good management, good pay, challenging work. The factory is located in Florence, SC which isn't the best place to live. I learned a lot from each of the managers I've had. I was able to move around inside the company to experience different roles. Very safe, a strong safety culture.
Very good company to work for
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Farmington, CTApril 6, 2015
I would have to answer a high call volume. Had to stay calm when someone was stuck in a elevator and was panicking. I loved that we worked all over the world learning all the time zones. I enjoyed that I was able to speak my language and was working for Canada and earning extra money. The hardest of the job for me is when I called the mechanic to find and eta and if the eta was one hr and telling the person that is in the elevator ,and making sure he or she would stay calm. Co- workers where awesome so all and all I enjoyed everything about the company.
Pros
Co- workers where nice.
Cons
short lunch
Fast Paced Environment
Accounts Payable Manager (Current Employee) –  Florence, SCMarch 23, 2015
A typical day at work is demanding but yet productive. Constantly meeting demands of management and resolving issues with suppliers as well as other departments. My co-workers are pleasant and hard working. The most enjoyable part of my job is resolving issues within the finance department. I have a sense of accomplishment.
Management Professional
Management and Technical Positions (Various) (Former Employee) –  Bloomington, INMarch 22, 2015
Proven Management Professional with administrative, managerial, supervisory, and project management skills and abilities honed in a successful career in Facilities and Environment, Health, and Safety (EH&S) within the manufacturing industry. Served domestic and international operations in Mexico, Malaysia, Ukraine and the Czech Republic. Known for creating systems-based solutions to resolve complex organizational problems requiring precise execution and attention to detail. Recognized for collaborative, team-based, management style.