Otis Elevator Company Employee Reviews

good experienced people
Mechanic Apprentice (Former Employee) –  Boise, IDDecember 4, 2017
good work environment, they expect hard work and for you to show up on time. you can take the job as far as you want. minimal effort will get you minimal growth
No response
Manufacturing Engineer (Former Employee) –  Florence, SCDecember 3, 2017
Very easy, relaxed, and safe company to work for. No clear vision or true north of the strategic business strategy. Business areas with no clear measurements of a manufacturing assembly area/line, which causes misalignments between managers and subordinates.
Pros
Long term product lifecycle which generates a career with fewer employers
Cons
Slow pace with management set in their old school ways
Could be an enjoyable working environment with the right management team
MACHINE OPERATOR/ASSEMBLER (Current Employee) –  Florence, SCNovember 27, 2017
In meetings the questions are never answered just replied to.

You are being told that you're the experienced one because you do the job everyday but are not consulted when changes are made.

Can't advance to your own top pay for your position.

Hardest thing is doing your best to come up with ideas to better the process only to have it thought of as inferior and then implemented months later with receiving zero amount of credit or recognition for it.

The most enjoyable part is the people you create a bond with.
Cons
High deductible health care, being made to take vacation days for company shut downs
productive work place
CUSTOMER SERVICE REPRESENTATIVE (Current Employee) –  Farmington, CTNovember 27, 2017
It is like any other call center, Fast paced non stop inbound calls,customers are very aggressive but manageable,the perfect place to retire from great benefits
I never worked there.
Technical Support Specialist (Former Employee) –  Trenton, NJNovember 23, 2017
i never worked there. I wouldn't know a thing about it because I never worked there. Maybe you should send this survey to someone who worked for Mr Otis.
great place to work great people,
Senior Electro-Mechanical Technician (Former Employee) –  Bristol, CTNovember 13, 2017
great place to have hands on with a lot of different elevators and different components. No shortage of keeping you up to date on latest info on elevators
Pros
great support
Cons
upper management changing to often
Nice to work but not much room for advancement
Service Manager (Former Employee) –  New York, NYNovember 12, 2017
Great entry level position. Gain experience and have Otis pay for your education. Company invests lots of time and resources to train their entry level personnel. Not much room for advancement.
Otis Elevator
Service Contracts Specialist (Current Employee) –  Farmington, CTNovember 12, 2017
Otis Elevator is a excellent place to work.
Wonderful environment
Friendly people
Never worked for a company where I felt so relaxed.
Very professional
Pros
Friendly people, wonderful environment
Cons
Good place to learn the industry
Senior Sales Executive (Former Employee) –  Fort Lauderdale, FLNovember 8, 2017
Otis was a good place to learn the industry. There is high turn over and the departments are typically understaffed resulting in having to wear multiple hats.
Local team works well, but beyond local team support can be spotty. Training is lacking.
Pros
Good local Team support
Cons
Inconsistent strategy and poor support
If offered a position - Take it
Business Development Manager (Former Employee) –  Manchester, NHNovember 7, 2017
Best elevator company to work for. Period. Great products and atmosphere. Allows for upward movement. Communication is very good and management is fair.
Productive, teamwork environment
Warehouse Material Handler (Former Employee) –  Florence, SCOctober 30, 2017
Great place to work. Learned valuable skills such as inventory control, powered industrial truck operation and safe work principles. Teamwork approach.
Work is very demanding but worth it
Assembler-Production Worker (Former Employee) –  Florence, SCOctober 25, 2017
I would prefer working in the office doing sales, filing important documents, and answering clients' inquires-however production was an experience and very interesting to me.I enjoyed the time I had working for OTIS Elevator.
Pros
paid time off before my 90 day evaluation
Cons
time off for personal use or illness
Very Corporate
Account Executive/Sales (Current Employee) –  CaliforniaOctober 24, 2017
Upper management is judged based on profitability. Everyone WANTS to do their jobs right, but CAN'T, because the system is designed that way. Different departments being measured on different metrics while trying to perform the "same" goal will only lead to butting heads. The company knows it's short-staffed but chooses not to hire because we all "proved our ability" to take on more responsibilities from the recession in 08-09... This level of thinking takes away from the quality of service we're able to provide and this, in turn, leads to more heat under the burner for the people underneath management.

Besides the system, job opportunity is pretty good and you have good upward mobility if you are willing to relocate. The work itself is just stressful. For almost no reason but to please the shareholders.
was fun place to work i like meeting new people.
Assembly Worker (Former Employee) –  Florence, SCOctober 10, 2017
a typical day at Otis elevator they always give u enough time to complete what ever work assignment and the hardest part is when they do last minute overtime.
Pros
good clean work enviroment.
Cons
last minute overtime.
Great Staff, Great Support
Elevator Modernization Technician (Former Employee) –  Sunnyvale, CASeptember 26, 2017
Really enjoyed my time at Otis elevator. The staff was very supportive and the mechanics and co-workers were like an extended family. Very supportive in training apprentices to ensure they move into their next role as mechanics.
Pros
Good institution to become an elevator mechanic.
Cons
dealing with local union.
a well diverse company
Contract & Invoice Specialist (Former Employee) –  Farmington, CTSeptember 14, 2017
Otis is a wonderful place to work and employs a well diverse and talent people and ability for job advancement. Company is very good at informing employee on company performance, financials, and future outlook
Pros
dedicated people, chance for company awards/achievement
Great Job
Sales Intern (Current Employee) –  Glendale, CASeptember 10, 2017
I enjoyed my time with Otis elevator and I plan to return when I complete my education to pursue full-time employment. I had excellent supervisors and I learned a lot.
Pros
Great benefits
Cons
Inefficient
Productive and enjoyable
Assembler/Material Handler (Former Employee) –  Florence, SCSeptember 9, 2017
I enjoyed my job at Otis the people there was very nice, and you had a very good chance of advancement. I was able to learned varies jobs while I was employed there.
Pay is very good, workers are friendly but there is a lot of detail oriented work to do.
Apprentice/Mechanic (Former Employee) –  South Bend, INSeptember 4, 2017
I was an apprentice at otis elevator, a typical work day consisted of cleaning, organizing material and equipment. Also as part of being an apprentice you would also be required to do any other extra task your mechanic may ask of you.
Pros
Great hourly wages.
Cons
Difficult learning what to do.
management is poor
Lathe Machinist (Current Employee) –  Bloomfield, CTAugust 30, 2017
machine shop management is awful, they only care about themselves and not his employees. instead of sticking up for us or believing in us he talks down, shames, and lies to you, we are under paid for the ok we do and under valued to the company
Pros
scholarship program
Cons
everything else

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Otis Elevator Company. Our community is ready to answer.