Otis Elevator Company

Otis Elevator Company Employer Reviews

One of the safest companys to work for.
Installer/Helper (Former Employee), Tampa, FLJanuary 25, 2014
This company sets the standards in safety. we re-modified elevator; disassemble and reassemble motors, rewire controllers and install and wire in a new control operating panel. We also replaced the roller guides, ropes, governor, and added a rope griper for additional safety.
A Rewarding Place To Work
Electrical Technician (Former Employee), Farmington, CTJanuary 22, 2014
(Temporary Contractor) At the Otis Research And Development Center, we strive to develop safer, smarter and energy efficient elevator systems. My primary responsibilities as a Contractor include the prototyping of various assemblies related to all of the elevator's operating systems. These systems include the Electrical, Electronic, Mechanical and Remote – more... Monitoring of the actual elevator. I performed all stages of prototyping under the guidance of the Engineering Department. This includes the use of Hand and Power Tools, Electronic Test Equipment, Soldering Printed Circuit Boards, Wiring and Fabrication. I am familiar with all types of Soldering from Thru- Hole, SMT, Trace Cuts, Component Modifications, Wire Bonding and some Die Attach. After the Fabrication Stage has been completed, I also assist with Testing and Data Collection of the new equipment. The Testing includes Thermal, Environmental, and Surge Protection of the various operating systems. Once the equipment is fully tested it is sent out into the field and installed in a functioning elevator where more testing is done. – less
good place to work
Elevator Technician (Former Employee), Honolulu, HIDecember 25, 2013
Pros: great learning experince
Cons: hard labor
Great learning experience hard but satisfying place to work. People very helpful will to teach you the ropes of the job.
Very productive, too demanding.
Technical Service Rep (Former Employee), Farmington, CTDecember 17, 2013
Workplace became really stressful because of change in management. Good work ethics though.
Only reason I'm no longer there is due to re-locating
Sr. Administrative Assistant (Former Employee), Needham, MADecember 12, 2013
Pros: company, management, benefits
United Technology companies are incredible to work for. The benefits are amazing. Hated leaving.
Is a wonderful company, but they setup the company facility in the wrong town
Mechanical Design and Manufacturing Engineer (Current Employee), Florence, SCNovember 13, 2013
Is top of the line or AA++ company in the UTC group to work for it...
A day in the field with Otis Elevator Company..
Elevator Maintenance Mechanic (Former Employee), Philadelphia P.A. and Tri-state areaOctober 7, 2013
Pros: working in the field
Cons: management is ruining the industry..
It is quite the rat race..
Educational is very good..
Is Horrible ..Micro Management,In experience,Cold
Scared....
Dealing with Management..
Working on elevators and meeting new people
it was totally a different experience
Construction Executive (Former Employee), Trichur, KLOctober 1, 2013
the execution of a job was a thrilled one.
work site safety was a must thing.
Had great experiences
Account Manager- Capital District Territory (Former Employee), Albany, NYAugust 13, 2013
will describe upon request. Typical sales position, business to business, created contracts, maintained communication, prepared bids, etc.
Industry leader
Regional Human Resource Manager (Former Employee), Chicago, ILJuly 9, 2013
It was extremely rewarding working in an industry leading (and founding) organization. The technical capabilities of Otis' products and services and the employees' knowledge was inspiring.
Elevator Company
Service Sales Representative (Former Employee), Houston, TXJune 14, 2013
Working there was a good learning experience, and there was always new technology and concepts to learn about.
Great company to work for.
Account Manager (Current Employee), Chicago, ILJune 5, 2013
Pros: with locations all over the country, working in different areas of the country has been a plus.
Cons: compression at the management level creates limited career upward mobility.
Strong corporate company with great training. Offers many different career opportunities.
It wasn't a good fit for me.
ASSISTANT PROJECT MANAGER (Former Employee), New York, NYMay 22, 2013
I really didn't have anyone managing me or helping me to learn the position.

Bobby123 – June 2, 2013

Don't feel bad, it is not you, but rather the way this disorganized company works. Quoted by Otis managers as "The Otis way" throw you in and no support to learn your job responsibilities, nor support to help you be successful. It is sickening way of doing business, and it never stops. Be glad you moved on.

installed elevators in new buildings
Elevator Construction Mechanic and Installer (Former Employee), Orlando, FLMarch 18, 2013
a typical day at work would be from 7 to 3.30, what i learned would be how to install a elevator in a safe manner,working around electricity,and mechanical parts with many hazards, such as fall hazards, electrical hazards,pinch points and confined space areas. We usually work as a group or team,the hardest part is moving heavy equipment and installing – more... the parts without any injuries,the most enjoyable part is growing a friendship with your co-workers and installing a quality product when complete. – less
Fast paced environment with talented and dedicated employees
Paralegal (Current Employee), Farmington, CTMarch 2, 2013
Learned new skills, softwre applications and applied current skills within a very changing environment.
The Elevator Adventure
Mechanic (Former Employee), Sarasota, FLFebruary 17, 2013
Pros: money benefits and stature.
Cons: being on call 24 hours a day
I worked on broken elevators every day. I learned the power of knowledge, 8 years of school. The management were firm yet fair. Even though they often asked for more than one could do. With ligitiment reasons the time alotted was negotiable. Co-workers were all union brothers, most were willing to share their experiences. The toughest part was the physical – more... aspect. Being a small man, I had to improvise. The best part of the job was the self gratification. Knowing that I just fixed the only elevator in a five story building filled with the elderly and handicapped. – less
Top notch company with the exception of the favoritism.
New Construction Mechanic (Former Employee), Seattle, WAFebruary 12, 2013
Pros: very good product
Cons: shop area was inadequate to support field mechanics, there hi cost of shipping, drove up there prices, and caused them a problem in competing with other companies.
Very good company with good ethics. Top in safety, Best elevator product I ever worked with. The engineering and support was outstanding.
bad service not good work always given excuse
rame hotels (Former Employee), no needFebruary 6, 2013
Pros: bad
otis the worst service provider
otis elevator has the worst employee poor service
Productive and fun workplace. Some of the account managers do not know what they are doing.
human resources doesn't know what they are doing
Typical Large Company
Accounting Analyst (Former Employee), Florence, SCNovember 30, 2012
Pros: good pay
Cons: no personal contact with everyone in the office
Loved my job as an adminstrative assistant. The people I worked with were wonderful. Was always given the opportunity to learn more. Since coming to Florence, SC facility, learned more about MS Excel.
productive and fun. management respects you as a person
Elevator Mechanic Assistant (Former Employee), Miami, FLNovember 23, 2012
Pros: top pay
Cons: travel and parking
challenging and physical but very rewarding everyday. I learned how to be safe, multi task, and trouble shoot heavy duty generators. Management is excellent.

1 2 3

About Otis Elevator Company

Floor, please? Otis Elevator is headed up. A United Technologies (UTC) subsidiary, Otis Elevator (Otis) accounts for some 20% – Read more

Otis Elevator Company Photos