OTO Development Employee Reviews

good place to work
Purchasing Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Spartanburg, SCJuly 18, 2017
OTO is a growing company with growing pains. It is a pleasant place to work and I would go back if I could. Purchasing was a fast paced department that could be successful with more of an opportunity for growth.
Well Structured and Supportive company to work for.
Director of Sales and Marketing (Current Employee) –  Birmingham, ALJanuary 6, 2017
OTO is a company that takes the time to hire skilled and forward thinking team members. They also provide a salary that mirrors the company values and standards they hold. Great Company
Horrible management, but great place to learn skills.
Gallery Host (Former Employee) –  New York, NYNovember 23, 2016
Worked here for a while at the front desk. The management is corrupt and treat the employees like numbers. They dont care about employees unless they are bringing money. All the management has bad attitude and it is a toxic work environment. Also, they are cheap! So many equipment necessities do not work for over a month and they still havent fixed it. Horrible management and low pay. However, great employees and great guests.
Pros
Great guests and ability to make tips.
Cons
Bad management. Low pay.
The worst company to work for...stay away!!!
Front Desk Representative (Former Employee) –  Port Saint Lucie, FLOctober 25, 2016
The worst management I EVER worked for. Please stay away, there are better places in the world to work for!!! PSL has other hotels that are better to work for. You should really replace all of them!!! It would be a major betterment for this hotel. I had to give a rating but, they're not worth ANY!!!
Pros
Not one thing!!!
Cons
Every manager in this place!!! They are all sell-centered and uncaring.
Worse place to work. They are underhanded and decietful
House keeper (Former Employee) –  Chesapeak VaSeptember 20, 2016
I wish I could have NOT put a star on it at all. This Company is underhanded and decietful. It does not back you up and throws you to the wolves. I worked for the Excutive house keeper and she was so unprofessional all she did was disrespect us and carry around a clipboard she NEVER put her hands on anything to help our department out. Its sad that the GM of the hotel was more hands on then our direct leader and a leader she was NOT. If it wasnt for the GM I would have NOT have stayed as long as I did..The best thing that can happen to this company is if it closes its doors permanetly. They treat their employees horrible and guest dont even feel like guests they feel as if they need them but in fact its the Hotel that need the guests.. My recomendation is DO NOT WORK HERE!!! You will make a huge mistake!!
Pros
There are NONE!!!!
Cons
Everything about this company is a CON!!
No work/life balance with constanty budget cuts
Food & Beverage Manager (Former Employee) –  Herndon, VAJune 15, 2016
As a manager I deal with constant budget cuts and minimal staff. I routinely work shifts as a dishwasher, server, and cook while wearing suit in a "managerial position". I work 65-70 hours per week while upper management works M-F 9am-4pm.
Pros
when you get hired they pump you up for how great it will be. However, you will quickly see the truth of this.
Cons
hours, lack of support, slave-driver mentality
Worst company I've ever worked for
Cook (Current Employee) –  Long Island, NYMay 20, 2016
Title says it all. They don't care about their employees what so ever. Once they took over the hotel I currently work in, things have gotten worse. Every day is a struggle to come into work since no management helps. The staff is constantly asked to do more and more while tips and other compensations are taken away.
Pros
Cons
Short break, no help, little pay / compensation, miserable work environment
Gallery Host or Front Desk
Gallery Host(Should say Food Service) (Former Employee) –  El Segundo, CAOctober 8, 2015
Position was for Gallery Host or Front Desk. Company has no room service so this position should say Food Service/Gallery Host.
Job posting is very deceiving, job consists of more food prep and work vs front desk work. Management is very lax and gives no rotation in positions to learn, so employees just clock in and work where they like.

Main Point: Position is mostly food related so if your looking to work with food, like a subway restaurant, then this is the place for you.
Pros
Co-Workers
Cons
Management and Misleading Job Posting and Description
Very intense work environment
Regional Director of Operations (Former Employee) –  Spartanburg, SCFebruary 12, 2015
I really don't feel comfortable answering this. I believe this information is more confidential and not to be shared on an open forum such as this.
Pros
New Hotels
Cons
No Cons
Its an okay place to work.
Front Desk (Current Employee) –  West Palm Beach, FL.April 11, 2014
The pay is average. Marriott property in West Palm Beach, Fl...High turnover in MGMT. They dont hire from within. Only friends of a friend, so if you want a mgmt position, forget it. Too many negative changes.
Pros
Marriott Room Rate discounts and working with good coworkers
Cons
Hotel doesnt have steady mgmt.
Great Job for High school/College Students
Employee (Current Employee) –  Birmingham, ALNovember 6, 2013
a typical day at work is usually quiet with a few weird thing go on the middle of the night, what I have learned how to deal with irate customers and have them leave smiling or at least satisfied. my co workers are great and can be better if we only had a better support system from management. the hardest part of my job is leaving my manager a really bad complaint to deal with. the most enjoyable moments is when i'm clocking out and when I'm having a really good conversation with a guest.
Pros
Great Employees
Cons
More work less pay.
Productive work environment
Financial/Accounting Auditor (Former Employee) –  MarylandJune 28, 2013
Great internship opportunity. Enhanced academic learning through practical work of material learned in school.
Sill early in the process
Night Auditor (Current Employee) –  Washington, DCMay 19, 2013
We are still working at other developments because ours hasn't finished being built yet. So far it has been good. A typical day at work would be coming in to the hotel being oversold and us having to walk them. Then I start the audit. No real problems if you do things ahead of time to prevent "normal" problems. Management has been wonderful and very personable. I already love all of my co workers...

Ask a question about working or interviewing at OTO Development. Our community is ready to answer.

2.6