Ottawa University Employer Reviews

An excellent learning environment for adult learners
Graudate Student, Master of Art, Human Recources (Current Employee), Chandler, AZJanuary 29, 2014
Ottawa University provides flexible and high quality of learning environment for adult learners. All staff is geared to help me to achieve my goal in success.
Still a Sodexo Account
General Manager (Former Employee), Ottawa, KSDecember 18, 2013
Greet people, manage budget, schedule, order, inventory, cater and overall run the operation.
Peaceful environment with opportunities to serve and help others
Librarian (Former Employee), Ottawa, KSAugust 13, 2013
Flexible hours that can accommodate your schedule. Need to be able to learn and work new library programs that allow for smooth and organized information processing as well as phone skills, knowledge of the Dewy Decimal System and customer service skills.
Work study job
Work Study Student (Former Employee), Ottawa, KSMay 31, 2013
Worked with a title 1 reading teacher. Good experience as a college student.
Christian centered environment with wonderful staff
Adjunct Faculty (Current Employee), Brookfield, WIApril 12, 2013
Pros: wonderful staff
Cons: contract work
I love Ottawa University because the culture in the school is very open and supportive. The most enjoyable part of the job is that I get to be me in the classroom and I am supported in all that I do.
Fun workplace
Student Success Manager (Former Employee), Kansas City, MONovember 19, 2012
Pros: teambuilding, fun environment
Cons: hours
Great place to work! It is a stable learning environment with a strong focus on team building.
Student worker
Student Worker (Former Employee), Ottawa, KSNovember 8, 2012
This job was for students that attended Ottawa University and were allowed to work only 9 hours a week. This job was great for giving students a little extra money to try to make it by with.
Productive and helping students reach their goals
Finance Advisor (Current Employee), Jeffersonville, INNovember 2, 2012
Pros: easy drive to work
Cons: not enough staff, working hours
Since our terms are 8 weeks, I have the same routine each day. I work very hard to make sure our student’s financial obligation has been met for the next term. It is usually met with financial aid, but our university also has students who use employer reimbursement and pay out of pocket for their tuition. In addition, I work closely with academic advisor – more... to monitor the academic progress of our student.

I have learned several things about financial aid and employer reimbursement. Also, I have learned the academic portion of the university. Academic plays an important role in the student’s eligible for financial aid.

I work with a very diverse group of people and I think that gives us character.

The hardest part of my job is dealing with financial aid and not having enough diversity in my job position. The most enjoyable part of my job is helping students reach their academic goal. – less
Baseball Coach (Former Employee), Ottawa, KSMarch 27, 2012
A typical week for me was about 80 hrs of work from the 5 am lifting to closing the batting cages at 10 or 11 pm after practice along with all of the administrative and practice duties between. Rigorous hours spent in order to provide the lessons and support to develop my players to the highest degree on and off of the field of play. One on One meetings – more... with players everyday all week to guide them in lifes important decisions. – less
Admissions Counselor (Former Employee), Phoenix, AZMay 15, 2011
Overall, Ottawa University is an alright place to work. The environment is friendly - however, the values leadership displays do not meet with the overall values of the school. I worked at the Phoenix campus in Admissions and I only hope they have started back being ethical
Ok but concentrate on given only contracts
Assistant Payroll Officer (Former Employee), Ottawa, ONSeptember 7, 2012
Pros: having a job
Cons: contract only - no security
Great co-workers

typical day at work - monotanous

repetitive entry data
Meilleur environnement de travail jamais connu
Research laboratory technician (internship) (Former Employee), OttawaJuly 9, 2014
Pros: exemple : repas gratuits
Cons: exemple : pas d'avantages en nature
Ce sont des gens très minutieux et attentifs dans chacune de leur tâches et l'environnement de travail est extrêmement propre. Les protocoles sont scrupuleusement respectés.