OtterBox Employee Reviews

Work hard, play hard
Creative Designer (Former Employee) –  Fort Collins, COAugust 3, 2017
I loved working at Otter, we got extremely busy at times and working late is not unusual but I always felt appreciated. Nerf gun fights are common and you can't beat the culture.
Pros
Free lunches, happy hours, great benefits, great management
Cons
Heavy workload
Loved it
Graphic Designer/Production Artist (Former Employee) –  Fort Collins, COJune 28, 2017
I loved working for Otter. As an employee they treat you well and often create an inclusive and familial environment. It is one big family for everyone to enjoy and succeed with.
Pros
Free gear, awesome work environment, good exposure
Cons
REstructuring
Fantastic Culture
IT Technician (Former Employee) –  Fort Collins, COJune 23, 2017
OtterBox was an amazing job. I learned so much considering I was their 6th IT guy. We lived in the Star Wars dungeon. It was awesome. I was overworked, but I am grateful for that recognition and experience.
Otter Box 2nd Shift
Forklift Operator (Former Employee) –  Firestone, COJune 8, 2017
I Always Had A Good Day, I Learned Most Of My Experience There, i Learned Alot Of Forkcliff Machines, Like The Picker, Stand-Up Truck, The Sit-Down, The Coworkers Were Good To Work With, Ive Always Got Along With Them And Other People
Pros
Once A Month An Hour Lunch, 4 Breaks
Innovative Company with fun Culture
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Fort Collins, COMay 31, 2017
Learned many new skills with communication via phone. Great team oriented tasks and problem-solving skills utilized. I chose to move to Denver for more opportunities.
Fast Growth, Very reactive not proactive.
Accounts Payable Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Fort Collins, COMay 30, 2017
Company is not proactive very reactive. Growth was too much to fast, which was great for the company but not for the employees that helped build it. Work, life, balance was not what they professed.
fast paced,yet enjoyable work environment
Production Worker (Former Employee) –  Firestone, COMay 23, 2017
typical work day was ten hours. very fast paced & changing stations at times. because of this,it is necessary to learn different tasks.So of course assembling might be one section,packing in another, shipping.......just had to learn them all. As far as my experience,I felt that management was very hands on & willing to help with whatever you might need. For the most part people who work there were very friendly. i think the hardest part of the job was changing departments mid shift. iI think the most enjoyable part of the job is always the people you work with.
Easy outgoing job!!
Assembly Line Worker (Former Employee) –  Longmont, COMay 4, 2017
Otterbox is a good friendly environment. It's an easy adjustment and very easy work. Basically packaged products, place them on the belt and send down the line. Down the line was the boxer, which means he would place all the product after going over the product making sure it's ready to go out for shipping. Sometimes I would be the runner, I made sure the line had all the materials they need to build the sleeve, and place the product in. I would carry boxes, hangers, cut open boxes, keep count of total product being done at the end of the line.
Pros
Cook-outs, friendly, pop machine
Cons
Laid you off! Only a temp job
constant changes
CUSTOMER SERVICE REP (Former Employee) –  Frederick, COMarch 24, 2017
the work was fine but when I was hired on my hours decresed. I went from working 30 to 27 hours a week to 20. They did this because if they would of given me more than 20 hours the would have to also give me benefits.
Customer Service
Agent (Former Employee) –  Fort Collins, COJanuary 15, 2017
Excellent company to work for. Normally start as temp for this department but getting hired on as an employee of the company is not hard. The culture is awesome!
Positive experiece
Program Manager (Consultant) (Former Employee) –  Fort Collins, CONovember 20, 2016
Positive experience... great company with great co-workers! good life work balance.
Some challenges with come company size.
not a good place
csr (Current Employee) –  Frederick, COOctober 15, 2016
Hired as a temporary, constant monitoring of your stats, compliance, call time. The appearance is that otterbox is a fun place. Only if you follow all the rules and the pay ain't that great either. So if you are a mindless follower of low culture, go for it.
Pros
can't think of one
Cons
monitor, monitor your stats.
Absolutely one of the best companies to be employed with.
Material handler/Stock Picker/Order Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Frederick, COJune 4, 2016
A typical day at Otter would include coordinating orders into shipments. Label generating, palletizing, stock picking the product, and pallet wrapping. I learned the basics of the supply chain and its processes during my time here. I was also given great opportunities of advancement and worked with one the best management teams any employee could ask for(Josh Gilmore, Ryan Still), always fair and honest. The most challenging part of my roll would have to have been the constant lifting of boxes which really is not hard in my opinion. The most enjoyable part was working with such a great team dedicated to the success and continual improvement of an already extremely successful company.
Great culture and management team
Customer Service Representative I (Former Employee) –  Fort Collins, COApril 7, 2016
Great place to work full time. It was very competitive for advancement from the temp position I was initially given due to the popularity of working for such a great company.
Pros
Great culture and resources
Cons
temp positions were bare bones, no benefits. Very difficult for advancement
Fun place to work with many talented employees
Business Analyst (Former Employee) –  Fort Collins, COMarch 28, 2016
Supporting and enhancing the primary software that was used by all departments of a manufacturing and supply chain based organization. There were many personalities that I worked with and I enjoyed seeing the business through the eyes of users in vital roles.
Management was helpful and directive without micro-managing all facets of projects.
There were many challenges presented due to our limited knowledge of new software, but that also allowed for partnerships with consultants and vendors.
Great place to work!
customer service representative (Current Employee) –  Fort Collins, CODecember 11, 2015
I posted a review after 3 months of working with Otterbox and it's time for an uodate. I relied heavily on these reviews when i first accepted the position so I would like to give a more uodated reality of what the job is like. I have been working at Otterbox for 5 months now.

The atmosphere is fun, they actually teach you to have fun at work. They encourage you to play at work. They have a wonderful recognition program and offer feedback to help you improve your work performance.

Customer service at Otterbox is a fun, fast paced and a steady job. They've changed the policies quite a few times since I've started. The objective at Otterbox is to get converted. They rate your job performance based off of your metrics which is your average handle time, adherence and your call scores. Your metrics is how you're ranked in line to become converted to an Otterbox employee.

Your average call handle time needs to be below 8 mins, and this is very easy to manage. Your adherence is how closely you follow your schedule as they keep track of this through their system. Finally your call scores, it's unknown which call they will pull to listen to for the week but it seems they're listening to 2 calls or less a week.

The goal is to get above a 3, 4 or 5 if you can on each call. This is graded by how well the call flow goes, how well you collect all the information and how well you nteract with the customer. It's common to get mostly 3s and quite difficult to get 4s and nearly impossible to get a 5.

Mostly the job is easy and though you have the occasional customer that's
  more... extremely upset that their phone broke, the majority of calls are a basic warranty on the cell phone case.

They offer group meetings to help you: improve call scores, learn new policies and get together with your team. I have had a few managers since I've started but all of them have been overly amazing and always offering help if they can. I'm truly impressed with the managers.

There's of course some perks that come with the job such as free beverages and the ability to work at home. I've seen too many people get comfortable and loose their job. If you work hard, are reliable and compassionate you will have no issue with maintaining a good job performance.

Everyone here is so nice and the managers genuinely want to see you succeed. If you're considering a job that has the opportunities to move up consider Otterbox but know it's going to take hard work and dedicated to move up.
Pros
Full time, ability to work at home, recognition, beverages, opportunity, fun atmosphere etc.
Cons
Parking, repetitive work and angry customers.

Comment – August 11, 2017

Update: I have now been working at OtterBox for over 2 years. I love it here. I was converted to an Otter after 7 months and it was all due to my meticulous eye for my metrics.

The culture with the customer service department remains amazing. Everyone starts off as a customer service rep and all the upper management genuinely want to see you succeed.

After being converted the goal was shifted to managing your metrics to move up the tiers. With each move up, you will get a raise. There are 5 possible tiers and with positions being created there is a lot of opportunity for growth.

If you're considering working at OtterBox, bring your talent and dedication and you will soar at OtterBox.

good atmosphere
Assembler/Packer (Current Employee) –  Firestone, CODecember 2, 2015
good to work for, fun atmosphere. long work hrs on weekend shift. Good mgmt. willing to work with you, open door policy.
good group of co-workers very productive.
Pros
good pay
Cons
to fast paced
otterbox
CUSTOMER SERVICE REPRESENTATIVE (Current Employee) –  Frederick, COOctober 25, 2015
Fast paced environment to work at with friendly people and great pay. I was able to develop new skills and tactics that I could use to further my career path, I am also willing to discuss my review in person based off my experience.
Pros
Great Pay
Cons
Horrible staffing agencies.
Otterbox
CSR (Current Employee) –  Firestone, COSeptember 30, 2015
I love everything about Otterbox, the environment the people and my job. At this point I am looking for something where I can make more money and get more hours.
Productive, innovative and friendly culture with high employee engagement
Unknown (Former Employee) –  Fort Collins, COSeptember 16, 2015
Expect to be very busy at OtterBox--this company lives and breathes change. This means little stays the same from week to week, an indication of the rapid growth and a need to adapt quickly to industry and business demands. It also means your job never really reaches a level of established standards or continuity due to all the change constantly going on around you. Employee recognition in the Customer Service department is very good and the most productive employees are given opportunities to grow/advance. The culture is second to none--everyone is very friendly yet competitive in a fun, supportive way. I didn't meet anyone I didn't like at this company--a bunch of really nice, highly productive and engaged people. Best work environment I have worked in. Loved the fast pace and innovative spirit.

Downside? Don't be caught feeling comfortable about your job or expecting to stay in any position for very long. With constant change comes a continual re-evaluation of the business and restructuring of job positions seems to be an annual thing here--just make sure you are the top performer at all times on projects, day-to-day tasks and your ability to connect and network effectively with others or you may be seen as non-essential. I was promoted twice and was still restructured out of a job when the company felt it didn't need my position in their newly imagined business model.

Fun, engaging and great co-workers-- a great place if you are okay with never-ending change. While change is necessary to stay competitive in the business world, this is not the place where
  more... you'll feel a sense of job security.  less
Pros
Friendly culture, profit sharing
Cons
Constant change

Ask a question about working or interviewing at OtterBox. Our community is ready to answer.