OtterBox

OtterBox Employer Reviews

Great work environment in great town
Marketing (Current Employee), Fort Collins, COApril 30, 2014
Pros: great buildings, great work life balance
Cons: career advancement
OtterBox has top notch facilities and most employees are passionate about their job. Career development is a challenge. Young vibrant employees
4 out of 5
CUSTOMER SERVICE REPRESENTATIVE (Former Employee), Fort Collins, COApril 28, 2014
Good Call Center Environment

The typical day would include handling customer inquiries over the phone and through e-mail. Co-workers made the job fun!
Fun family oriented job with ping pong table and Nerf gun fights.
Call center representative (Former Employee), Fredrick, CoJanuary 25, 2014
I loved this job, the only problem I had was when talking about my attendance with my lead instead of telling me my risk of losing my job the only concern was me forgetting to put in the system that I got my uncle's funeral day off. I was never told that I was on my 8th absence and that was automatic termination, also didn't like that I was scheduled – more... weeks after the funeral especially if my termination was suppose to be automatic. I wish they would of told me if I had grievance leave or not, and wish I wasn't told that my attendance stuff was figured out and I was good if I truly wasn't. – less
Great place to work if you're 19, cute, and thrive on being micromanaged
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee), Fort Collins, CODecember 7, 2013
Pros: free lattes?
Cons: micromanagement/corporate culture, favors young employees, constantly changing schedules, low pay/no benefits as a temp employee
Depending on your age and personality, OtterBox might be a fantastic work environment for you. As I am an introvert 20 years out of high school who can't stand corporate culture or being micromanaged, it has not been a great experience, and I'm basically just trying to hang in there until I can find something else.

The Customer Service rep job consists – more... primarily of taking phone calls from customers wanting to replace their damaged OtterBox cases through the warranty. Sounds easy enough, but throw in the fact that at least 20% of those calls are from scammers trying to get free cases, probably another 30-40% are from legit people frustrated from trying to place their claim over the company's poorly-designed website, and at least 10% are from people whose phones were damaged while in an OtterBox case (and were told by the rep at Verizon/T-Mobile/etc. that OtterBox would replace their phone if it got damaged while in one of our cases-- not true), and it adds up to a generally miserable day that the free latte and soda machines do little to remedy.

The calls generally come in fast and furiously, and if you are on a call that spills over into one of your pre-scheduled breaks or lunches, and you have to take the break later, this puts you "out of adherence", one of many stupid little micromanagement details that will ruin your chances of advancement (that and being over 30, not keeping a Nerf gun at your desk, and dressing "business casual"-- apparently the preferred look is skinny jeans and hoodies). Management fluctuates constantly, and I often feel like Peter in "Office Space," getting the same memo from my eight different bosses regarding some mundane detail. Yet when I'm on a difficult call and the customer is demanding to speak to a manager, they all seem to disappear.

Again, if you are just out of high school, outgoing, unable to function without someone else laying out your schedule and making minor decisions for you, and you have an extensive wardrobe of hoodies, this might be the job for you! – less
good enviroment to work in nice people
picker (Current Employee), Firestone, COOctober 14, 2013
Pros: its nice we recieve free coffee and soda through out the day
Cons: im just a temp right now looking to find a permint high paying job
I show up to work everyday on time, I wave hello to my fellow workers an supervisors. i find out where they want me an i go start picking my orders i do that until my break an then we get a lunch break at a certian time. i take lunch in the lunch room talk to a few people while im in there then head back to work when im done i work at a fast pace always – more... trying to get as much done as i possably can an i work with a good attitude everyday. – less
Productive and laid back.
Customer Service (Former Employee), Fort Collins, COOctober 13, 2013
• Answered phones to assist customers with product problems/warranty
• Answered online claims to assist customers with product problems/warranty
• Examined product damage for warranty replacements
• Placed orders
• Created RMA’s (Return Merchandise Authorization)
• Software Programs experience: Sugar, Demandware, Jabber, Agent
Like to work where I look forward to coming to work every day
Enterprise Change Order Specialist (Former Employee), Fort Collins, COOctober 7, 2013
Pros: fair compensation
Cons: office politics, cliques
Like to be able to learn new things. Looking to change careers. Have been in the area of change management for many years. Recently took a project management class and want to look into this area.
Fun, intuitive work environment!
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee), Longmont, COSeptember 24, 2013
Pros: free soda, free lunch at times, yoga balls for seats!
Cons: sit down job, office setting. long hours.
Typical day at work consists of coming in, log into your station, get some coffee (which is provided) and start taking calls.

Having previous call center experience, Not much was gained working here other than knowing how an OtterBox case works!

Management is great, plenty available when you need them and very helpful.

Co-workers are wonderful. Great – more... people here.

Hardest part of the job would be giving instructions to customers over the phone about the warranty process. (Some understand it better than others, that's where your soft skills come into play.)

Free soda, free coffee, fresh fruit is brought in every Monday. – less
OtterBox Rocks until you work here. Downhill spiral.
Anonymous (Current Employee), Fort Collins, COSeptember 15, 2013
Pros: good intentions, modern offices, perks, profit sharing, curt richardson, helpful employees
Cons: poor execution, poor management, perks are dwindling, profit sharing is cut to nothing and not notified until months after the fact, curt richardson is not an active member, and i repeat, poor management.
Everyone wants to work for OtterBox. Once you're in, its not as expected. Sad but true. Second day at work and a handful were reconsidering the decision.
It is my opinion that executives are out of touch with what middle and lower management is doing.
In the last year Directors, Managers, and Otter Staff walk out with no notice and no job to go to just – more... to get out. That speaks volumes for the stability and culture.
This company has great ideas and poor execution. I hope it improves or I will be the next to say goodbye to OtterBox. – less
A good place to work
Forklift Certified, Electric Pallet Jack Operator (Current Employee), Fort Collins, COSeptember 3, 2013
Pros: profit sharing
Cons: wages
a good place to work.........................................................................
No Chance for Advancement, Managers are sub Par
Customer Service (Former Employee), Fort Collins,COJuly 2, 2013
Pros: clean office
Cons: no chance for advancement
The initial observation is that is a clean, “hip place to work”. After working there you find out it is one of the most disorganized offices you will work for in your career. I have worked in their customer service based on a promise to be converted to full time Otter position. They use a good 75% of their work force as temps, which means low pay and – more... no benefits. They have no criteria to convert a person over to a full time Otter. There is no advancement opportunities and the few that do come available seem to go to people that are under qualified. If you are over 30, forget about being converted to a full time Otter.The evaluation criterion is totally subjective and is more of a popularity contest. The management overall is weak and gives you little support. (That being said I did work for a few good managers.) I had 5 leads in a year. When there is an incident that requires management support they are nowhere to be found.
You spend your day answering the phone for warranties. The schedule is varied from week to week. It is difficult to plan anything, because they only schedule 2 weeks out. The software that is used for orders goes down at least once a day – less
Great place to work, Nice people, Good Culture
Internship, Supply Chain-New Product Introduction (Former Employee), Fort Collins, COJune 4, 2013
Great place to work with a lot of helpful people. Very fast paced environment with good culture and innovative structure.
Fun place to work with great co-workers.
Inventory Analyst / Shipping - Intern (Former Employee), Fort Collins, COMay 17, 2013
Pros: great work enviornment.
Cons: none.
Co-workers all have had some core values.

Everyone did their part.

Super friendly people, great work atmosphere.

Management is above the rest and care about their employees like I have never seen.
Don't believe the hype!
Passionate Employee (Former Employee), Fort CollinsMay 8, 2013
Pros: health benefits
Cons: company culture is a lie
Company has become top heavy in outside executives who are running the company into the ground. Work environment is based on fear of rocking the boat and going with the status quo for fear losing job. Culture used to be creative and supportive and now it is a corporate, political machine. Advancement is based on who you know and not merit. Company does – more... not care about employees so people are burning out and merely being replaced. – less
Call Center, Great People, Growing and Learning Company
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Fort Collins, COApril 4, 2013
OtterBox is a young and fun company with a lot of ideas and personality. Having worked in the Call Center I was subject to a very adaptive environment in which I sarted in one company that was a completely different company or call center when I left.
Once Great Company, Now in Demise
Dedicated Worker (Former Employee), Fort Collins, COMarch 27, 2013
Pros: still some great people (some managers and most of the workers)
Cons: on the current path, new management will kill the company within just a few years
Otterbox was once a fantastic place to work. Very busy, but fun and empowering place with reward for success. Unfortunately, a new management team has been brought in to the company that literally has changed the culture and potential for continued company success over night. The new managers are all from the same former industry and they do not understand – more... (or care to understand) what has made Otterbox great in the past (the energy of the people) and they are trying to turn it into just another stiffling, corporate, red-tape-laden, low performing, low morale place to work. Their fundamental problem is that they do not understand how to respect, trust and motivate other human beings. They have very large egos, but very low intergrity and no real useful knowledge in the areas that are needed for Otterbox. – less
Laid-back, fun place to work with good people, pinball machine, pool table, soda machines, fair breaks.
Configuration/Internet Shipping (Former Employee), Fort Collins, COMarch 13, 2013
Pros: fun, laid-back, benefits
Cons: usually cannot get hired on permanently
I enjoyed almost every minute of the job. All the employees would work with me to get everything done as effectively as possible. I was just a temporary employee, sadly enough, but the benefits of someone being hired on full-time are amazing. The company is growing fast, and is very much doing well for itself, so they treat the employees appropriately.
Fun place to work with mostly great people
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Frederick, COFebruary 15, 2013
Coming in to Otterbox, you could tell it was a nice environment. I was trained in the HQ and it was amazing. The people all had great attitudes and were very friendly. The negatives start after working there for an extended period. There is little advancement in the company and little incentive there in to do more than the bare minimum. Management was – more... almost ridiculous after you get past your personal supervisor. – less
Hard to advance
Flex otter (Current Employee), longmontOctober 30, 2012
Pros: free lunch on weekend
Cons: bad communicaion, judgmental, only young people get hired.
This is a horrible to company to work for. They are very disorganized and WILL NOT hire on older people. If you are 19, uneducated,and no family then you will get hired on. Must also have "the look"and bubbly attitude to make it anywhere. Very unorganized company that is wasteful with money.
Great people and work enviornment. Great experience in a growing compnay
Internet Shipping Specialist (Current Employee), Fort Collins, COJune 6, 2012
Pros: some free lunches, play pool on any breaks
Cons: repetitive work
Typical work day is 8 plus hours working every minute to maximize productivity. Always looking for improvements in every area. Hard working co-workers!

About OtterBox

Otter Products' products keep your precious electronic devices safe and dry. The company, which goes by OtterBox, makes about – Read more