OtterBox Employee Reviews in United States

Fun place to work with many talented employees
Business Analyst (Former Employee) –  Fort Collins, COMarch 28, 2016
Supporting and enhancing the primary software that was used by all departments of a manufacturing and supply chain based organization. There were many personalities that I worked with and I enjoyed seeing the business through the eyes of users in vital roles.
Management was helpful and directive without micro-managing all facets of projects.
There were many challenges presented due to our limited knowledge of new software, but that also allowed for partnerships with consultants and vendors.
Great place to work!
customer service representative (Current Employee) –  Fort Collins, CODecember 11, 2015
I posted a review after 3 months of working with Otterbox and it's time for an uodate. I relied heavily on these reviews when i first accepted the position so I would like to give a more uodated reality of what the job is like. I have been working at Otterbox for 5 months now.

The atmosphere is fun, they actually teach you to have fun at work. They encourage you to play at work. They have a wonderful recognition program and offer feedback to help you improve your work performance.

Customer service at Otterbox is a fun, fast paced and a steady job. They've changed the policies quite a few times since I've started. The objective at Otterbox is to get converted. They rate your job performance based off of your metrics which is your average handle time, adherence and your call scores. Your metrics is how you're ranked in line to become converted to an Otterbox employee.

Your average call handle time needs to be below 8 mins, and this is very easy to manage. Your adherence is how closely you follow your schedule as they keep track of this through their system. Finally your call scores, it's unknown which call they will pull to listen to for the week but it seems they're listening to 2 calls or less a week.

The goal is to get above a 3, 4 or 5 if you can on each call. This is graded by how well the call flow goes, how well you collect all the information and how well you nteract with the customer. It's common to get mostly 3s and quite difficult to get 4s and nearly impossible to get a 5.

Mostly the job is easy and though you have the occasional customer that's
  more... extremely upset that their phone broke, the majority of calls are a basic warranty on the cell phone case.

They offer group meetings to help you: improve call scores, learn new policies and get together with your team. I have had a few managers since I've started but all of them have been overly amazing and always offering help if they can. I'm truly impressed with the managers.

There's of course some perks that come with the job such as free beverages and the ability to work at home. I've seen too many people get comfortable and loose their job. If you work hard, are reliable and compassionate you will have no issue with maintaining a good job performance.

Everyone here is so nice and the managers genuinely want to see you succeed. If you're considering a job that has the opportunities to move up consider Otterbox but know it's going to take hard work and dedicated to move up.
Pros
Full time, ability to work at home, recognition, beverages, opportunity, fun atmosphere etc.
Cons
Parking, repetitive work and angry customers.
good atmosphere
Assembler/Packer (Current Employee) –  Firestone, CODecember 2, 2015
good to work for, fun atmosphere. long work hrs on weekend shift. Good mgmt. willing to work with you, open door policy.
good group of co-workers very productive.
Pros
good pay
Cons
to fast paced
otterbox
CUSTOMER SERVICE REPRESENTATIVE (Current Employee) –  Frederick, COOctober 25, 2015
Fast paced environment to work at with friendly people and great pay. I was able to develop new skills and tactics that I could use to further my career path, I am also willing to discuss my review in person based off my experience.
Pros
Great Pay
Cons
Horrible staffing agencies.
Otterbox
CSR (Current Employee) –  Firestone, COSeptember 30, 2015
I love everything about Otterbox, the environment the people and my job. At this point I am looking for something where I can make more money and get more hours.
Productive, innovative and friendly culture with high employee engagement
Unknown (Former Employee) –  Fort Collins, COSeptember 16, 2015
Expect to be very busy at OtterBox--this company lives and breathes change. This means little stays the same from week to week, an indication of the rapid growth and a need to adapt quickly to industry and business demands. It also means your job never really reaches a level of established standards or continuity due to all the change constantly going on around you. Employee recognition in the Customer Service department is very good and the most productive employees are given opportunities to grow/advance. The culture is second to none--everyone is very friendly yet competitive in a fun, supportive way. I didn't meet anyone I didn't like at this company--a bunch of really nice, highly productive and engaged people. Best work environment I have worked in. Loved the fast pace and innovative spirit.

Downside? Don't be caught feeling comfortable about your job or expecting to stay in any position for very long. With constant change comes a continual re-evaluation of the business and restructuring of job positions seems to be an annual thing here--just make sure you are the top performer at all times on projects, day-to-day tasks and your ability to connect and network effectively with others or you may be seen as non-essential. I was promoted twice and was still restructured out of a job when the company felt it didn't need my position in their newly imagined business model.

Fun, engaging and great co-workers-- a great place if you are okay with never-ending change. While change is necessary to stay competitive in the business world, this is not the place where
  more... you'll feel a sense of job security.  less
Pros
Friendly culture, profit sharing
Cons
Constant change
As a perm employee the job is great
Security Systems Administrator, Contractor (Current Employee) –  Fort Collins, COAugust 20, 2015
As a contractor the position was terrible. They could not decide whether they were going to keep us or let us go. It seemed to change daily.Huge state of transition and change upgrading old systems and trying to stay ahead of the trouble tickets. Job was fun and a unique culture but the stress from the contract was not worth it.
Pros
Free Beer, Fun Culture, Lot of offsite activities
Cons
Contract stress, uncertainty, always short staffed.
System Administrator - Infrastructure team (Former Employee) –  Fort Collins, COJuly 18, 2015
Management tries really hard to take care of the troops. Almost always fresh fruit, Soda, and I think I ate out more than I care to mention. Don't get me wrong, you work hard, but they also let you play hard
Don't like you - let you go
Too Easy to Identify (Former Employee) –  Fort Collins, COJuly 15, 2015
OtterBox does not want independent thinkers, they want people that will do as they are told. Direct managers talk behind your back and the answer is to lay employees off that do not fit their mold.
Pros
Cons
Poor management, HR/OR does not support employees, No trust
Fun work environment with a pingpong table.
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Longmont, COJune 30, 2015
Management was really nice and easy to work with depending on who your assigned lead was. It was really easy to develop positive work relationships with co workers and the lead. Hours were flexible, with sick day lenience. Over-all great experience aside from the bad customers that would call in on occasion. The only complaint that I have is that it can be very difficult to convert from temp pay roll to OtterBox pay roll as there are very specific requirements to meet that are always changing. Once you were on Otter pay roll, the benefits are super nice and it becomes easy to move up in the company.
Pros
Hour lunches, personal time, good pay if you're starting out.
Cons
Hard to convert from temp to otter pay roll.
Interesting place to work with great people but little hiring
Customer Serive Representative (Current Employee) –  Firestone, CoJune 30, 2015
Inbound customer calls/ emails for both Otterbox and Lifeproof
Learned a ton about cell phone cases and devices
Great management
Fantastic co-workers for support and atmosphere
Hardest part of the job is switching between emails/ phones without consistency or call queue being steady
Most enjoyable part of the job is that (most) of the customers are as kind as the co-workers
Pros
Free soda machines, friendly, hour lunches
Cons
temp hire only, high turn-over, competitive for any job
Fun place to work and relaxed environment
Customer Service Representative/Associate Trainer (Current Employee) –  Frederick, COJune 29, 2015
I love working here, the culture is great and has great benefits. I love the environment, as it provided me a place to enjoy my job and helped me improve many skills.
it has its perks...
customer service representative (Former Employee) –  Frederick, COJune 18, 2015
I loved my time here, but within reason. Being hired as a temp, we were promised we'd be "hired-in" to the company within 3 months. Then the goals for that were modified. And modified again! It sucked being at the top of my team and getting NOWHERE with conversion for 6 months. They hire very few people on as actual Otters- expect to be shown the door after you work 1500 hours for them as a temp. Most of the leads are cool, some are sexist, harassing pigs.
Pros
coworkers, GHE, random perks, starting pay, shift swaps
Cons
conversion!!!!, some of the managers, making people pay for warranties, abusive customers
Fun atmosphere, but hard to move forward in the company
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Fort Collins, COMay 20, 2015
I worked in Customer Service and loved my time there. However, I was hired as a temporary employee, as were most people. So while you had the culture around you, you couldn't really participate in any of it.

The people I worked with were positive and wanted to succeed together. My supervisors were helpful and available as any need came up. The goal was to join the full time staff, but that goal became harder to reach as time went on. It seemed that you couldn't really figure out what you needed to do to move forward. Even if your numbers were great, which mine were, so was every other temporary employee around you.

So while things were positive day-to-day, overall it kind of felt like they set out carrots for us to reach, knowing that we wouldn't and eventually move on.

However, I really enjoyed my time there. I was able to help in a number of cool initiatives and developments and I came to know some stellar people. If you can become a full-time staff, things are fantastic, but as a temp, it's pretty tough going.
Pros
Excellent culture of healthy competition, tons of free perks
Cons
Flex schedule makes it difficult to plan steady life
What a great company!
Customer Service Training Associate/ Receptionist (Current Employee) –  Fort Collins, COMarch 27, 2015
OtterBox is a great place to work! I always stay busy whether it's answering phones and emails, working front desk, or training new hires. We are always improving the company and growing.
Work Place
Desktop Support Technician (Current Employee) –  San Diego, CAFebruary 23, 2015
Co-workers are awesome and the environment is good. There is no room to advance in my position right now or ever. I've continued to progress in my trade but I've yet to be given an opportunity to show case my talents and skills.
Pros
good pay and employees are treated well
Cons
no room for advancement to much politics
Dynamic environment with fast growth
Process Engineer (Former Employee) –  Fort Collins, COFebruary 2, 2015
An amazing company culture and background in a dynamic fast-growth market. Enjoyed working with great people and a relatively fun environment.
Pros
slide, lifeplan's, soda, location
Cons
minimal structure and room for personal / professional growth in midst of explosive growth
fun place,
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Frederick CoNovember 11, 2014
i liked this job but being a temp for 11 months is too much. I hate the fact that I worked alot of weekends and had trouble getting a weekend off. great co workers.
Pros
free pop...
Cons
long temp time, no benefits, working 3 weekends a month on average.
Fun enviroment
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Firestone, COOctober 24, 2014
I liked to worked there because everyone is very friendly, but I got a different opportunity in another job.
Pros
bonouses
Cons
salary
Customer Service is disfunctional
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Fort Collins, COSeptember 4, 2014
They don't seem to really value hard work. I worked my butt off for several years here with almost zero recognition although I maintained some of the best statistics in the department throughout my time here.
I have been passed over promotions for god knows what reasons. Feedback is always vague and inconsistent. They seem to be looking for those type of people who have a ridiculously bubbly personality (to the point where it seems fake). If you are just a genuine down to earth person this is not the environment they are trying to create.
The best way to describe the environment in customer service is fake. The rest of the company really is nice and I'm sure other departments would be fantastic to work in. Unfortunately, that transition is easier said than done now.
If you have aspirations of getting your foot in the door in CS and then working your way up, think again! This is rare and is very unlikely that it will happen.
Pros
coffee machine, nice co-workers
Cons
compensation really isn't very competitive, customer service management has their own little "clique"