OtterBox

OtterBox Employer Reviews

Work Place
Desktop Support Technician (Current Employee), San Diego, CAFebruary 23, 2015
Pros: good pay and employees are treated well
Cons: no room for advancement to much politics
Co-workers are awesome and the environment is good. There is no room to advance in my position right now or ever. I've continued to progress in my trade but I've yet to be given an opportunity to show case my talents and skills.
Dynamic environment with fast growth
Process Engineer (Former Employee), Fort Collins, COFebruary 2, 2015
Pros: slide, lifeplan's, soda, location
Cons: minimal structure and room for personal / professional growth in midst of explosive growth
An amazing company culture and background in a dynamic fast-growth market. Enjoyed working with great people and a relatively fun environment.
fun place,
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Frederick CoNovember 11, 2014
Pros: free pop...
Cons: long temp time, no benefits, working 3 weekends a month on average.
i liked this job but being a temp for 11 months is too much. I hate the fact that I worked alot of weekends and had trouble getting a weekend off. great co workers.
Fun enviroment
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Firestone, COOctober 24, 2014
Pros: bonouses
Cons: salary
I liked to worked there because everyone is very friendly, but I got a different opportunity in another job.
Customer Service is disfunctional
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee), Fort Collins, COSeptember 4, 2014
Pros: coffee machine, nice co-workers
Cons: compensation really isn't very competitive, customer service management has their own little "clique"
They don't seem to really value hard work. I worked my butt off for several years here with almost zero recognition although I maintained some of the best statistics in the department throughout my time here.
I have been passed over promotions for god knows what reasons. Feedback is always vague and inconsistent. They seem to be looking for those type of people who have a ridiculously bubbly personality (to the point where it seems fake). If you are just a genuine down to earth person this is not the environment they are trying to create.
The best way to describe the environment in customer service is fake. The rest of the company really is nice and I'm sure other departments would be fantastic to work in. Unfortunately, that transition is easier said than done now.
If you have aspirations of getting your foot in the door in CS and then working your way up, think again! This is rare and is very unlikely that it will happen.
Fun environment. Good benefits
Admin/Lead/Customer Service Rep (Former Employee), San Diego, CAAugust 9, 2014
Good company to work for. Lot of fun, positive people to work for/with.
Was at one time a fantastic place to work
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), SalazarJuly 3, 2014
Pros: free soda and coffee
Cons: qa standard fluctuated between staff
I absolutely loved my job for about the first 5 months. Then management began giving hope of a permanent conversion process to be hired as a full time employee and unfortunately had no idea what they were doing with this process. The requirements would change from day to day and the moral took a major dive. I showed up everyday on time and did my job and really enjoyed my job until all of this craziness. Also the fun atmosphere was great but when it came to the management actually jumping in and helping, it seemed that shooting guns or shooting the bs was much more important. I have since heard that the conversion process has been corrected its too bad it was at a lot of peoples expense.
Great work environment in great town
Marketing (Current Employee), Fort Collins, COApril 30, 2014
Pros: great buildings, great work life balance
Cons: career advancement
OtterBox has top notch facilities and most employees are passionate about their job. Career development is a challenge. Young vibrant employees
4 out of 5
CUSTOMER SERVICE REPRESENTATIVE (Former Employee), Fort Collins, COApril 28, 2014
Good Call Center Environment

The typical day would include handling customer inquiries over the phone and through e-mail. Co-workers made the job fun!
Fun family oriented job with ping pong table and Nerf gun fights.
Call center representative (Former Employee), Fredrick, CoJanuary 25, 2014
I loved this job, the only problem I had was when talking about my attendance with my lead instead of telling me my risk of losing my job the only concern was me forgetting to put in the system that I got my uncle's funeral day off. I was never told that I was on my 8th absence and that was automatic termination, also didn't like that I was scheduled weeks after the funeral especially if my termination was suppose to be automatic. I wish they would of told me if I had grievance leave or not, and wish I wasn't told that my attendance stuff was figured out and I was good if I truly wasn't.
Great place to work if you're 19, cute, and thrive on being micromanaged
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee), Fort Collins, CODecember 7, 2013
Pros: free lattes?
Cons: micromanagement/corporate culture, favors young employees, constantly changing schedules, low pay/no benefits as a temp employee
Depending on your age and personality, OtterBox might be a fantastic work environment for you. As I am an introvert 20 years out of high school who can't stand corporate culture or being micromanaged, it has not been a great experience, and I'm basically just trying to hang in there until I can find something else.

The Customer Service rep job consists primarily of taking phone calls from customers wanting to replace their damaged OtterBox cases through the warranty. Sounds easy enough, but throw in the fact that at least 20% of those calls are from scammers trying to get free cases, probably another 30-40% are from legit people frustrated from trying to place their claim over the company's poorly-designed website, and at least 10% are from people whose phones were damaged while in an OtterBox case (and were told by the rep at Verizon/T-Mobile/etc. that OtterBox would replace their phone if it got damaged while in one of our cases-- not true), and it adds up to a generally miserable day that the free latte and soda machines do little to remedy.

The calls generally come in fast and furiously, and if you are on a call that spills over into one of your pre-scheduled breaks or lunches, and you have to take the break later, this puts you "out of adherence", one of many stupid little micromanagement details that will ruin your chances of advancement (that and being over 30, not keeping a Nerf gun at your desk, and dressing "business casual"-- apparently the preferred look is skinny jeans and hoodies). Management fluctuates constantly, and I often feel like Peter in "Office Space," – more... getting the same memo from my eight different bosses regarding some mundane detail. Yet when I'm on a difficult call and the customer is demanding to speak to a manager, they all seem to disappear.

Again, if you are just out of high school, outgoing, unable to function without someone else laying out your schedule and making minor decisions for you, and you have an extensive wardrobe of hoodies, this might be the job for you! – less
good enviroment to work in nice people
picker (Current Employee), Firestone, COOctober 14, 2013
Pros: its nice we recieve free coffee and soda through out the day
Cons: im just a temp right now looking to find a permint high paying job
I show up to work everyday on time, I wave hello to my fellow workers an supervisors. i find out where they want me an i go start picking my orders i do that until my break an then we get a lunch break at a certian time. i take lunch in the lunch room talk to a few people while im in there then head back to work when im done i work at a fast pace always trying to get as much done as i possably can an i work with a good attitude everyday.
Productive and laid back.
Customer Service (Former Employee), Fort Collins, COOctober 13, 2013
• Answered phones to assist customers with product problems/warranty
• Answered online claims to assist customers with product problems/warranty
• Examined product damage for warranty replacements
• Placed orders
• Created RMA’s (Return Merchandise Authorization)
• Software Programs experience: Sugar, Demandware, Jabber, Agent
Like to work where I look forward to coming to work every day
Enterprise Change Order Specialist (Former Employee), Fort Collins, COOctober 7, 2013
Pros: fair compensation
Cons: office politics, cliques
Like to be able to learn new things. Looking to change careers. Have been in the area of change management for many years. Recently took a project management class and want to look into this area.
Fun, intuitive work environment!
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee), Longmont, COSeptember 24, 2013
Pros: free soda, free lunch at times, yoga balls for seats!
Cons: sit down job, office setting. long hours.
Typical day at work consists of coming in, log into your station, get some coffee (which is provided) and start taking calls.

Having previous call center experience, Not much was gained working here other than knowing how an OtterBox case works!

Management is great, plenty available when you need them and very helpful.

Co-workers are wonderful. Great people here.

Hardest part of the job would be giving instructions to customers over the phone about the warranty process. (Some understand it better than others, that's where your soft skills come into play.)

Free soda, free coffee, fresh fruit is brought in every Monday.
OtterBox Rocks until you work here. Downhill spiral.
Anonymous (Current Employee), Fort Collins, COSeptember 15, 2013
Pros: good intentions, modern offices, perks, profit sharing, curt richardson, helpful employees
Cons: poor execution, poor management, perks are dwindling, profit sharing is cut to nothing and not notified until months after the fact, curt richardson is not an active member, and i repeat, poor management.
Everyone wants to work for OtterBox. Once you're in, its not as expected. Sad but true. Second day at work and a handful were reconsidering the decision.
It is my opinion that executives are out of touch with what middle and lower management is doing.
In the last year Directors, Managers, and Otter Staff walk out with no notice and no job to go to just to get out. That speaks volumes for the stability and culture.
This company has great ideas and poor execution. I hope it improves or I will be the next to say goodbye to OtterBox.
A good place to work
Forklift Certified, Electric Pallet Jack Operator (Current Employee), Fort Collins, COSeptember 3, 2013
Pros: profit sharing
Cons: wages
a good place to work.........................................................................
No Chance for Advancement, Managers are sub Par
Customer Service (Former Employee), Fort Collins,COJuly 2, 2013
Pros: clean office
Cons: no chance for advancement
The initial observation is that is a clean, “hip place to work”. After working there you find out it is one of the most disorganized offices you will work for in your career. I have worked in their customer service based on a promise to be converted to full time Otter position. They use a good 75% of their work force as temps, which means low pay and no benefits. They have no criteria to convert a person over to a full time Otter. There is no advancement opportunities and the few that do come available seem to go to people that are under qualified. If you are over 30, forget about being converted to a full time Otter.The evaluation criterion is totally subjective and is more of a popularity contest. The management overall is weak and gives you little support. (That being said I did work for a few good managers.) I had 5 leads in a year. When there is an incident that requires management support they are nowhere to be found.
You spend your day answering the phone for warranties. The schedule is varied from week to week. It is difficult to plan anything, because they only schedule 2 weeks out. The software that is used for orders goes down at least once a day
Great place to work, Nice people, Good Culture
Internship, Supply Chain-New Product Introduction (Former Employee), Fort Collins, COJune 4, 2013
Great place to work with a lot of helpful people. Very fast paced environment with good culture and innovative structure.
Fun place to work with great co-workers.
Inventory Analyst / Shipping - Intern (Former Employee), Fort Collins, COMay 17, 2013
Pros: great work enviornment.
Cons: none.
Co-workers all have had some core values.

Everyone did their part.

Super friendly people, great work atmosphere.

Management is above the rest and care about their employees like I have never seen.

About OtterBox

Otter Products' products keep your precious electronic devices safe and dry. The company, which goes by OtterBox, makes about – Read more

OtterBox Salaries