OtterBox

OtterBox Employee Reviews

Interesting place to work with great people but little hiring
Customer Serive Representative (Current Employee), Firestone, CoJune 30, 2015
Pros: Free soda machines, friendly, hour lunches
Cons: temp hire only, high turn-over, competitive for any job
Inbound customer calls/ emails for both Otterbox and Lifeproof
Learned a ton about cell phone cases and devices
Great management
Fantastic co-workers for support and atmosphere
Hardest part of the job is switching between emails/ phones without consistency or call queue being steady
Most enjoyable part of the job is that (most) of the customers are as kind as the co-workers
Fun place to work and relaxed environment
Customer Service Representative/Associate Trainer (Current Employee), Frederick, COJune 29, 2015
I love working here, the culture is great and has great benefits. I love the environment, as it provided me a place to enjoy my job and helped me improve many skills.
it has its perks...
customer service representative (Former Employee), Frederick, COJune 18, 2015
Pros: coworkers, GHE, random perks, starting pay, shift swaps
Cons: conversion!!!!, some of the managers, making people pay for warranties, abusive customers
I loved my time here, but within reason. Being hired as a temp, we were promised we'd be "hired-in" to the company within 3 months. Then the goals for that were modified. And modified again! It sucked being at the top of my team and getting NOWHERE with conversion for 6 months. They hire very few people on as actual Otters- expect to be shown the door after you work 1500 hours for them as a temp. Most of the leads are cool, some are sexist, harassing pigs.
Fun atmosphere, but hard to move forward in the company
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Fort Collins, COMay 20, 2015
Pros: Excellent culture of healthy competition, tons of free perks
Cons: Flex schedule makes it difficult to plan steady life
I worked in Customer Service and loved my time there. However, I was hired as a temporary employee, as were most people. So while you had the culture around you, you couldn't really participate in any of it.

The people I worked with were positive and wanted to succeed together. My supervisors were helpful and available as any need came up. The goal was to join the full time staff, but that goal – more... became harder to reach as time went on. It seemed that you couldn't really figure out what you needed to do to move forward. Even if your numbers were great, which mine were, so was every other temporary employee around you.

So while things were positive day-to-day, overall it kind of felt like they set out carrots for us to reach, knowing that we wouldn't and eventually move on.

However, I really enjoyed my time there. I was able to help in a number of cool initiatives and developments and I came to know some stellar people. If you can become a full-time staff, things are fantastic, but as a temp, it's pretty tough going. – less
What a great company!
Customer Service Training Associate/ Receptionist (Current Employee), Fort Collins, COMarch 27, 2015
OtterBox is a great place to work! I always stay busy whether it's answering phones and emails, working front desk, or training new hires. We are always improving the company and growing.
Work Place
Desktop Support Technician (Current Employee), San Diego, CAFebruary 23, 2015
Pros: good pay and employees are treated well
Cons: no room for advancement to much politics
Co-workers are awesome and the environment is good. There is no room to advance in my position right now or ever. I've continued to progress in my trade but I've yet to be given an opportunity to show case my talents and skills.
Dynamic environment with fast growth
Process Engineer (Former Employee), Fort Collins, COFebruary 2, 2015
Pros: slide, lifeplan's, soda, location
Cons: minimal structure and room for personal / professional growth in midst of explosive growth
An amazing company culture and background in a dynamic fast-growth market. Enjoyed working with great people and a relatively fun environment.
fun place,
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Frederick CoNovember 11, 2014
Pros: free pop...
Cons: long temp time, no benefits, working 3 weekends a month on average.
i liked this job but being a temp for 11 months is too much. I hate the fact that I worked alot of weekends and had trouble getting a weekend off. great co workers.
Fun enviroment
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Firestone, COOctober 24, 2014
Pros: bonouses
Cons: salary
I liked to worked there because everyone is very friendly, but I got a different opportunity in another job.
Customer Service is disfunctional
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee), Fort Collins, COSeptember 4, 2014
Pros: coffee machine, nice co-workers
Cons: compensation really isn't very competitive, customer service management has their own little "clique"
They don't seem to really value hard work. I worked my butt off for several years here with almost zero recognition although I maintained some of the best statistics in the department throughout my time here.
I have been passed over promotions for god knows what reasons. Feedback is always vague and inconsistent. They seem to be looking for those type of people who have a ridiculously bubbly personality – more... (to the point where it seems fake). If you are just a genuine down to earth person this is not the environment they are trying to create.
The best way to describe the environment in customer service is fake. The rest of the company really is nice and I'm sure other departments would be fantastic to work in. Unfortunately, that transition is easier said than done now.
If you have aspirations of getting your foot in the door in CS and then working your way up, think again! This is rare and is very unlikely that it will happen. – less
Fun environment. Good benefits
Admin/Lead/Customer Service Rep (Former Employee), San Diego, CAAugust 9, 2014
Good company to work for. Lot of fun, positive people to work for/with.
Was at one time a fantastic place to work
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), SalazarJuly 3, 2014
Pros: free soda and coffee
Cons: qa standard fluctuated between staff
I absolutely loved my job for about the first 5 months. Then management began giving hope of a permanent conversion process to be hired as a full time employee and unfortunately had no idea what they were doing with this process. The requirements would change from day to day and the moral took a major dive. I showed up everyday on time and did my job and really enjoyed my job until all of this craziness. Also the fun atmosphere was great but when it came to the management actually jumping in and helping, it seemed that shooting guns or shooting the bs was much more important. I have since heard that the conversion process has been corrected its too bad it was at a lot of peoples expense.
Great work environment in great town
Marketing (Current Employee), Fort Collins, COApril 30, 2014
Pros: great buildings, great work life balance
Cons: career advancement
OtterBox has top notch facilities and most employees are passionate about their job. Career development is a challenge. Young vibrant employees
4 out of 5
CUSTOMER SERVICE REPRESENTATIVE (Former Employee), Fort Collins, COApril 28, 2014
Good Call Center Environment

The typical day would include handling customer inquiries over the phone and through e-mail. Co-workers made the job fun!
Fun family oriented job with ping pong table and Nerf gun fights.
Call center representative (Former Employee), Fredrick, CoJanuary 25, 2014
I loved this job, the only problem I had was when talking about my attendance with my lead instead of telling me my risk of losing my job the only concern was me forgetting to put in the system that I got my uncle's funeral day off. I was never told that I was on my 8th absence and that was automatic termination, also didn't like that I was scheduled weeks after the funeral especially if my termination was suppose to be automatic. I wish they would of told me if I had grievance leave or not, and wish I wasn't told that my attendance stuff was figured out and I was good if I truly wasn't.
Great place to work if you're 19, cute, and thrive on being micromanaged
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee), Fort Collins, CODecember 7, 2013
Pros: free lattes?
Cons: micromanagement/corporate culture, favors young employees, constantly changing schedules, low pay/no benefits as a temp employee
Depending on your age and personality, OtterBox might be a fantastic work environment for you. As I am an introvert 20 years out of high school who can't stand corporate culture or being micromanaged, it has not been a great experience, and I'm basically just trying to hang in there until I can find something else.

The Customer Service rep job consists primarily of taking phone calls from customers – more... wanting to replace their damaged OtterBox cases through the warranty. Sounds easy enough, but throw in the fact that at least 20% of those calls are from scammers trying to get free cases, probably another 30-40% are from legit people frustrated from trying to place their claim over the company's poorly-designed website, and at least 10% are from people whose phones were damaged while in an OtterBox case (and were told by the rep at Verizon/T-Mobile/etc. that OtterBox would replace their phone if it got damaged while in one of our cases-- not true), and it adds up to a generally miserable day that the free latte and soda machines do little to remedy.

The calls generally come in fast and furiously, and if you are on a call that spills over into one of your pre-scheduled breaks or lunches, and you have to take the break later, this puts you "out of adherence", one of many stupid little micromanagement details that will ruin your chances of advancement (that and being over 30, not keeping a Nerf gun at your desk, and dressing "business casual"-- apparently the preferred look is skinny jeans and hoodies). Management fluctuates constantly, and I often feel like Peter in "Office Space," getting the same memo from my eight different bosses regarding some mundane detail. Yet when I'm on a difficult call and the customer is demanding to speak to a manager, they all seem to disappear.

Again, if you are just out of high school, outgoing, unable to function without someone else laying out your schedule and making minor decisions for you, and you have an extensive wardrobe of hoodies, this might be the job for you! – less
good enviroment to work in nice people
picker (Current Employee), Firestone, COOctober 14, 2013
Pros: its nice we recieve free coffee and soda through out the day
Cons: im just a temp right now looking to find a permint high paying job
I show up to work everyday on time, I wave hello to my fellow workers an supervisors. i find out where they want me an i go start picking my orders i do that until my break an then we get a lunch break at a certian time. i take lunch in the lunch room talk to a few people while im in there then head back to work when im done i work at a fast pace always trying to get as much done as i possably can an i work with a good attitude everyday.
Productive and laid back.
Customer Service (Former Employee), Fort Collins, COOctober 13, 2013
• Answered phones to assist customers with product problems/warranty
• Answered online claims to assist customers with product problems/warranty
• Examined product damage for warranty replacements
• Placed orders
• Created RMA’s (Return Merchandise Authorization)
• Software Programs experience: Sugar, Demandware, Jabber, Agent
Like to work where I look forward to coming to work every day
Enterprise Change Order Specialist (Former Employee), Fort Collins, COOctober 7, 2013
Pros: fair compensation
Cons: office politics, cliques
Like to be able to learn new things. Looking to change careers. Have been in the area of change management for many years. Recently took a project management class and want to look into this area.
Fun, intuitive work environment!
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee), Longmont, COSeptember 24, 2013
Pros: free soda, free lunch at times, yoga balls for seats!
Cons: sit down job, office setting. long hours.
Typical day at work consists of coming in, log into your station, get some coffee (which is provided) and start taking calls.

Having previous call center experience, Not much was gained working here other than knowing how an OtterBox case works!

Management is great, plenty available when you need them and very helpful.

Co-workers are wonderful. Great people here.

Hardest part of the job would be giving instructions to customers over the phone about the warranty process. (Some understand it better than others, that's where your soft skills come into play.)

Free soda, free coffee, fresh fruit is brought in every Monday.

About OtterBox

Otter Products' products keep your precious electronic devices safe and dry. The company, which goes by OtterBox, makes about – Read more

OtterBox Salaries