Ottumwa Regional Health Center Employee Reviews

Great employee hardworking and never appreciated for the hard work.
Food Service Worker (Current Employee) –  Ottumwa, IAFebruary 12, 2017
No life balance Management unhelpful. Kicthen director hard to talk to rude and mischievous. Low pay for all the work you are required to conduct. Hard on good hard working employees. Only good thing is the benefits and enjoyment of other co works and presents of patients. Shift is stated to be 1st shift from 5am -130pm turns out you are working 6to 730pm shift no work and life balance.
Pros
Benefits and joyment from co worker and patients
Cons
No free lunch management low pay
Lots of good people, except in Admin. Too many "cooks" on day shift. No loyalty to employees.
Former employee (Former Employee) –  Ottumwa, IAFebruary 2, 2017
This place has some wonderful employees that try too give their best. That is never good enough for upper mgmt. Mgmt in meetings ALL day, never able to help on the floor.
Used to be a pretty nice hospital, but RCHP has allowed poor management to make this place hard to feel confident and appreciated as an employee.
Pros
Fellow co-workers
Cons
Patient/RN load unsafe. Extremely poor management
fastfood
Registration Clerk (Current Employee) –  ottumwa, iaSeptember 3, 2016
fast paced, always on the go, multitasking, prep, cooking, cleaning, counting cash, inventory, more cooking, and more cleaning. taking care of customers.
Good benefits. Management poor.
Patient Flow Coordinator for ER (Former Employee) –  Ottumwa, IADecember 31, 2014
Good hours. Did have some overtime. A lot of stress due to poor management . Enjoyed patients. Learned a lot from the physicians I worked with.
Pros
Good hours. Learned alot
Cons
Poor management lead to alot of stress
Plenty of opportunities for growth
Accountant (Current Employee) –  Ottumwa IowaJune 19, 2014
The hospital has experienced growing pains but offers a great opportunity to learn and grow. Sometimes the hours can be demanding. There are a lot of good people working here. Management has improved after experiencing significant turnover in the past.
Pros
Great opportunity for growth
Cons
Hours can be difficult
Home or Work
Registered Nurse (Current Employee) –  Ottumwa, IAJanuary 4, 2014
Your day starts off with a patient load of typically 6. After getting report and checking all the labs and medications for the day, assessments are done and charted, patients are assisted up for meals and baths.
Medications are due around the clock and physicians start rounding anytime after 7am. I make rounds on each patient with each physician and ensure orders are carried out.
Pros
amazing co-workers
Cons
poor management
Unorganized & power trips for those in management
Nurse (Former Employee) –  ClinicOctober 22, 2013
ORHC is very unorganized & they place individuals in upper management that have no idea on how to complete their job & that have no health or Human Resources background. Especially clinic side. Massive turnover - they have lost some great employees due to incompetence & ignorance.
Pros
NONE
Cons
too little pay for all the negatives
Was a great palce to grow and work and provide great patient and customer service
Director of Nutritional Services (Current Employee) –  Ottumwa, IASeptember 3, 2013
Had the opportunity to stablilze the dietary and nutrition department. Created a positive work enviroment for all staff.

Cut budgets by 15% for two years consecutively.

Reduced staffing and laboe costs by percent over a two year period while providing excellent patient carfe and custyomer service.

Received six consecutive violation/no corrective action free local health department inspections.

No findings in dietray department from triennial Joint Commission inspection.

Center for Medicare and Medicaid hospital wide inspection two small findinings of crumbs in toaster.

Created a "Celebratory Meal" for our expectant mothers and a guest complete with linens and faux candlelights while adhering to Medicare guidelines.
Pros
Great support form HR and the "C" suite
Cons
Long hours, when employees called off, My responsibility to help staff to provide quality patient care
A day in the life of a Nurse's Aide.
Certified Nurses Aide (CNA) (Current Employee) –  Ottumwa, IAAugust 8, 2013
As a nurse's aide, you defiantly get your "workout" for the day in. I am constantly on my feet, moving from room to room trying to assist every patient to the best of my abilities. My "daily duties" as a nurse's aide are to take vital signs, track all Intake and Output for each patient, do hourly rounds, refill waters and chart anything and everything that has to do with the patient. I am constantly learning new things and am willing to learn just about anything. I have learned so much being in a health care position. My coworkers are very helpful and understanding, as I am new to the company and new to Nurse's aide work. The toughest part of my job is trying to be up at night, as I work the gravel yard shift, 7pm to 7am. Even though working the graveyard shift is not the most enjoyable thing to do, my favorite part about my job is that I know I am helping people who can't help themselves at the moment and that they appreciate every little thing I do for them. It really lifts your spirits and makes it just that much easier to come into work when you know that there is going to be someone there looking forward to seeing you.
Pros
Caring for people, helping people.
Cons
Graveyard shift, and am constantly running from room to room.
Not recommend
Executive Director (Former Employee) –  Ottumwa, IAJune 27, 2013
Not recommend this company, not organized, management team not team players, staffing unstable, great benefits.
Great place to work that challenges you on a daily basis.
EXCUTIVE DIRECTOR OF CLINICAL OPERATIONS (Current Employee) –  Ottumwa, IAJune 17, 2013
This job has granted me the opportunity every day, to enhance my skills as a leader. It has presented many new challenges that I was able to learn and grow from. It is a growing facility so I was able to grow with it and have really enjoyed my time here. I also was able to fill in as an inteirm CNO for a period of 2 months while our CNO was out on medical leave.
Pros
Growth of my skills, work - home lif balance
Cons
constant growth makes stability of staff diffucult and turnover
support staff
Staff (Former Employee) –  Ottumwa IAApril 26, 2013
Horrible home Health Department, Upper management does not care about employees nor do they listen to clients. Strictly about the profits. Very long hours, poor wages very little home time. Most enjoyable thing about job is the patients
Pros
close to home
Cons
poor communication, long hours, no support for staff
progressive, constant change
Director, Business Office (Current Employee) –  Ottumwa, IAMarch 22, 2013
long hours in the accounting department. high turnover. Very demanding For Profit atmosphere.
Pros
short travel, home close
Cons
99% communication is through email
ORHC Cares!
Executive Director, PHO (Former Employee) –  Ottumwa, IAJune 2, 2012
When I worked there 10-years ago, the physicians and staff were all about caring for the patient and his/her family. They put CARE back into healthcare.
Pros
the great people.
Cons
patient out-migration to des moines.
Support Associate (Former Employee) –  Ottumwa, IAMay 28, 2012
My first job and most enjoyable one. Loved the responsibilities given to me as a student. Developed a great respect for the medical field.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Ottumwa Regional Health Center. Our community is ready to answer.

2.9