OU MEDICAL CENTER

OU MEDICAL CENTER Employer Reviews

Good company to work for.
Transporter (Former Employee), Oklahoma City, OKOctober 25, 2014
I enjoyed working here. I enjoyed the people I worked with the most.
Lead Medical Laboratory Technician
Lead Medical Laboratory Technician (Current Employee), Oklahoma City, OKOctober 16, 2014
Pros: reliable work low and constantly new knowledge and information
Cons: working on holidays and weekends
I have learned a great deal in my 9 yrs at OU Medical Center. A typical work day is running Quality control and doing daily and weekly maintaince on my instruments. Then running patient samples and putting out precise and accurate patient results. I am currently a Lead Technologist in the Urinalysis Department so i also do monthly Maintaince on the – more... Urinalysis Instrument as well as make sure Quality Control is documented accuratly and to CAP standards on a monthly basis. I enjoy my work as it is always changing and new inormation is always evolving in the Health care field. I have also worked diligently with our Pathologist for research purposes and have done correlation studys in installing new instruments in the Urinalysis Area. – less
It was a productive, interesting place to work
Staff RN (Former Employee), Oklahoma City, OKSeptember 8, 2014
Pros: nice work environment. interaction with variou
Cons: i really don't have any. i loved working there
I worked in the NICU, PICU and the ED. I loved all three areas, but I prefer the ED. You never knew what was going to come through the doors. Management was supportive. I enjoyed working in a teaching environment.
Fast working and learning environment
Registered Respiratory Therapist (Current Employee), okc, okAugust 21, 2014
Pros: decent benefits, good management
Cons: heavy workloads, cafeteria is extremely over priced, new residents still have much to learn
So far I enjoy working at OU Medical Center. It is considered a teaching hospital so there are always new residents. At times this can become complicated because the doctors work in teams.

The overall energy is great amongst staff, and everyone works well together.

The hardest part of the job is usually first rounds during nightshift, but the staff – more... is good about checking on one another.

My favorite part about my job is all of the exposure. OU is the only level 1 trauma hospital in the state. Therefore, we get to see it all. – less
I ENJOY OUMC
RN Supervisor (Current Employee), Oklahoma City, OKAugust 11, 2014
Pros: great team work
I ENJOY WORKING AT OUMC, I AM JUST LOOKING FOR A CHANGE AND HAVE ALWAYS WANTED TO BE A SCHOOL NURSE.
Communication problems
interpreter (Former Employee), Oklahoma City, OKJuly 25, 2014
Pros: 3 days a week
Cons: communication between new employees and management.
I would come in to work and not see anyone or heard of anyone in who would be in charge in case a manger was needed he was in a different building and office, hard to reach.co workers always were biting eachothers head. I have never worked in such environment.
summary
Radiology Clerk (Former Employee), okc,okJune 9, 2014
My days at work was very productive. I love helping people and the job was very rewarding.
very laid back and comfortable place
Registrar (Former Employee), Oklahoma City, OKMay 6, 2014
it was a no set TIME to be in just as long as it was before 9:00 am. Always did up to 60 charts a day and was able to sit there and listen to music on my ear buds but as long we stayed busy. charts was always available.
A skilled professional with experience in a diverse group of fields seeking long term employment with a
Registrar (Current Employee), Oklahoma City, OKApril 16, 2014
Very busy on a daily, fast paced, its the emergency room so its a challege each day. My co-workers are a great team to work with, we love to help each other as much as we can to keep our staff and customers satisfied. I've learned everything I need to be professional at anything I do to be a successful employer to any and every company in my community. – more... The thing im love most about my job is pleasing the customer and taking care of them and getting them well to go home satisfied and willing to come back and see Ou Medical Center. – less
Horrible
Pharmacy Technician (Former Employee), Oklahoma CityApril 10, 2014
Cons: parking, poor pay, no employee appreciation, rude nurses, breaks not guaranteed.
One of the worst pharmacy tech positions. The pay is terrible compared to other pharmacy tech jobs. Employees are required to park a mile away and take a shuttle to work. This is the only place where you can be 15- 20 minutes early and still get to work late. Expect to lose 45 minutes a day due to this nuisance. Pharmacy has high turnover which is not – more... surprising. They will work you to death. Scheduling is poor. Pay is poor. Job quality is poor. Apply elsewhere or you'll be poor. – less
Learned a lot about disease during my time working for this company.
Vascular Ultrasound Technologist (Former Employee), Oklahoma City, OKApril 3, 2014
Very busy and fast paced Vascular Lab.
Hardest part of this job was dealing with all the trauma patients, very sad site to see.
Loved the people I worked with, we worked well as a team.
Nursing Assistant (Former Employee), Oklahoma City, OKMarch 31, 2014
OU Medicine is the collaboration among OU Medical Center, The Children's Hospital, OU Medical Center Edmond, OU Physicians, OU Children’s Physicians and the OU Health Sciences Center, which is composed of seven colleges, including the University of Oklahoma College of Medicine. Being one of the most comprehensive hospital groups in Oklahoma, this collaborative – more... approach pushes health care forward through cutting-edge research and practice. With the OU Medicine name comes an era of unified visions and goals. – less
Productive and fun workplace
Dietetic Intern (Current Employee), Edmond, OKFebruary 17, 2014
Pros: discounts on food.
Cons: can't think of one at this moment.
The days go by fast and the culture there is great. It’s like a family. There is always an opportunity to learn something new. The hardest part of the job is trying not to smile.
Big downtown ER
Registered Nurse Emergency Department (Former Employee), Oklahoma City, OKFebruary 16, 2014
Very good first job and learning experience. Was in this ER the day of the Oklahoma Bombing and learned some invaluable trauma experience, unfortunately the pay was not competitive.
Learned a tremendous amount of medicine. Great people to work with. The most enjoyable part of the job was being of service.
Medical Transcriptionist (Former Employee), Oklahoma City, OKFebruary 3, 2014
Pros: meet lots of people.
Cons: when a patient died.
There was no "typical" day at work. In addition to doing transcription I worked with numerous doctors, both in the departments I worked in and from many other departments. Talked with patients, i.e. a woman whose husband was dying and his father was in denial and his mother distraught. His wife called me many times simply because she had no one else – more... to talk with. I worked with the patients of the doctor that I worked for. I had great co-workers. The hardest part of the job was when a very young child, with a brain tumor, died. The most enjoyable part of the job was the patient whose life improved. – less
Lad Tech
Lab Assistant II (Former Employee), Oklahoma CityJanuary 31, 2014
Cons: 30 min lunch, no bonuses, had to work every holiday, no employee appreciation
I worked the 1045pm to 7am shift. Staff was very grump. Hours between samples too long. No mental stimulation for the job. Limited access to education related material not allowed despite being a biology/chemistry major. Reading of educational material not allowed, but fictional books were. Management was quick to blame staff and took no responsibility – more... for lack of training. – less
Secure job with reasonable management on the floor I work. Very nice coworkers.
RN at Obstetrical Special Care Unit (Current Employee), Oklahoma City, OKDecember 1, 2013
Taking care of expecting mothers with difficult pregnancies. Work load is very reasonable. Coworkers are supportive as is immediate management on nights. It is a great learning experience for a new nurse. The most enjoyable part of the job is interaction with patients and coworkers. Hardest part of job is schedule (working nights, 2 weekends a month – more... and 24hrs of call a month) – less
Love the people I work with! Great atmosphere.
Health Unit Coordinator - NICU (Current Employee), Oklahoma City, OKNovember 15, 2013
Pros: we always got a 30 minute lunch break.
Cons: very underappreciated and under paid for how much work we would put in as a team.
A typical day as a Health Unit Coordinator in the NICU consisted of many things! All of which are listed on my resume.
I have learned a lot from this job. Things such as how to deal with threatening situations to dealing with comforting families in need. I have learned more than I ever thought I would about xerox machines and how to repair them! The – more... list of things I have learned here could go on for days.
The management always varied..it seemed to change every six months which I believe is not a good way to keep up with a good work enviornment, but they did the best they could!
I loved my co-workers. A lot of easy going people that I got along with wonderfully.
I would have to say the hardest part of my job was dealing with the new managers that did not understand our position and it is very hard to work at a place that makes you feel you are not useful when I know I am very helpful to all of the nurses because they made sure to tell me everyday!
That was one of the most enjoyable part of my job! Knowing that I contribute to a great thing and the nurses knowing too! – less
People working together for an over-all goal
AUA (Former Employee), Oklahoma City, OKOctober 29, 2013
Pros: great team work
Cons: long hours
What I remember the most about OU Medical Center is the team work. Everyone always worked together for the greater good of the patient ... its sad that this seems to be a dyeing art.
Coworkers felt like family. Really enjoyed the work it was different each day.
Registered Nurse (Former Employee), Oklahoma City, OKSeptember 16, 2013
Pros: very interesting every day
Cons: some really late nights
Each day was different. We had the area divided in 3 different areas. You never knew each day till you got there which area you would work in. I often worked in the Cardiology area because I was rated to pull cardiac sheaths. I worked with Nephrology pt after neph tubes were placed or changed. Many different diagnostic procedure pt.s and GI patient – more... after more complicated procedures like stent placement to liver and choley areas.
I was offered early retirement because of need to reduce staff. I took that but find I need to go back to work. – less

1 2 3

About OU MEDICAL CENTER

OU Medicine is the collaboration among OU Medical Center, The Children's Hospital, OU Medical Center Edmond, OU Physicians, OU – Read more

OU MEDICAL CENTER Photos