OU Medical Center Employee Reviews

fun workplace
scheduler (Current Employee) –  Oklahoma City, OKMay 23, 2017
a really rewarding job to do, very fun. the management could be a little bit better in comunication but other then that its a fantastic work place! and great hospital.
Busy environment with ample opportunity to learn.
RN (Former Employee) –  Edmond, OKMay 16, 2017
During my time at OU I worked at Children's on the labor and delivery unit. Although this unit is extremely busy, there are numerous opportunities to learn and grow as a registered nurse.
N/a
Anastasian technician (Current Employee) –  Oklahoma City, OKMay 8, 2017
understaffed And want you to always rush to get things done that's when people get hurt on the job But over all Could-be a good place to stay and work if management will get better
Pros
Anesthesiologist and doctors are good
Cons
Management likes to micro manage
Great highschool/ college position
Transporter (Former Employee) –  Oklahoma City, OKApril 20, 2017
you respond to the patients needs. the experience here is a little mind numbing but overall the environment is very interesting if you like being in a clinical setting. As a patient transporter you are exposed to all of the departments in the hospital and you never know what you might be helping with. This job is pretty low pay for the work that is put in, if you are doing the job correctly.
Clean
AUA Tech (Former Employee) –  oklahoma city, okApril 7, 2017
Great patient care and treatment. Doctors were very attentive to patients every need in care, as well making sure staff is properly trained. Overall a wonderful place to work.
Pros
educational hospital
Cons
Not well staffed
Medical Laboratory Technician (Former Employee) –  Oklahoma City, OKMarch 29, 2017
I enjoyed working at The OU hospital. I worked nights, It was a 13 hour shift in the beginning, only three nights. But I was driving from
Ponca City, so I eventually quit. Also it was the first for me to just work nights. i have worked mostly days and been on a lot of call back and weekends.
Because of it being a larger lab, I learned more Hematolgy that I forgot, because in a smaller lab, specialty test are sent out.
Management was good. Enjoyed the employees I worked with.
Passionate people, diverse audience
Computer Technician (Former Employee) –  OKC, OKMarch 15, 2017
Loved my job. They were good about promotion within the company. Also great incentives and benifits. Loved the atmosphere and hospital setting. All employees where helpful as well.
Pros
Discounts at the gift shop!
Cons
Short breaks
nature of the job is stressful but great team work
Registered Nurse (Former Employee) –  Oklahoma City, OKMarch 7, 2017
great place to get experience and learn nursing skills. Stressful due to acuity of patients. Long hours but is very rewarding. I recommend working at OUMC.
Critical Care Experience
Registered Nurse (Current Employee) –  Oklahoma City, OKMarch 4, 2017
Provided invaluable experience in caring for the most critically ill patients. Enjoyed the high stress, high-paced environment. Teaching hospital that allowed for personal and professional growth in knowledge and education.
Too fast paced
Medica records clerk (Former Employee) –  Oklahoma City, OKFebruary 27, 2017
I really liked this job. It was reliable, Paid pretty well, and had great benefits. I just couldn't work as fast as needed. I would love to work in a hospital setting again.
Horrible
Radiology Technologist (Former Employee) –  Oklahoma City, OKFebruary 23, 2017
The most understaffed radiology dept. in Oklahoma I ever seen. Very stressful environment. Superiors don't care employees. I don't suggest any Rad tech go there. Horrible!!!
Team oriented
REGISTERED NURSE (Current Employee) –  Oklahoma City, OKFebruary 14, 2017
The Cardiovascular unit is team oriented and willing to lend a helping hand to other nurses needing assistance. The nurse manager on the unit is easy to talk too and always have an open door policy. The floor is super busy but your co workers on the unit help you make it through the shift.
Pros
Good work environment
Cons
Super busy
A good learning experience
Registered Nurse (Former Employee) –  Oklahoma City, OKFebruary 6, 2017
This is a teaching hospital and I learned a lot there. I was mistreated by doctors and humiliated in front of patients which was unnecessary.
Pros
Learned a lot
Cons
Harsh at times
Every day was a Productive Day
Medical Records Technician (Former Employee) –  Oklahoma City, OKFebruary 3, 2017
Clocking in to a day at work was very exciting. Learning the process of Medical Records was a challenge at first because I started so young, but accomplishing the task that were assign to me help me find what my passion is and what I I wanted my career to be. I wouldn't say it was a hard part to the job. I will like to just call it a challenge. The most enjoyable part of the job was working with clients, working as a team, and getting the job done.
Good ethics
Medical Assistant/Lab (Current Employee) –  Oklahoma City, OKJanuary 28, 2017
Great place to work. Benefits are great, but not much room for advancement. Most of the management is good, some, not so much. Very high paced, hard to get a day off.
Pros
Decent pay
Productive work enviroment
Medical Assistant Back Office and Front (Former Employee) –  Oklahoma City, OKJanuary 23, 2017
engaging work place, fun, reasonable, not the hardest job but in my career field. A typical day at work would be busy and friendly.
Horrible pay, Rare possibilities for advancement
Patient Services Representative (Former Employee) –  Oklahoma City, OKJanuary 14, 2017
Although said to be a part of an integrated medical system, there is very little pay for the amount of work you do not to mention the lack of advancement opportunties.
Pros
Quarterly Bonuses
Cons
Pay, health insurance, inclement weather policy, leave
good place to work
Medical Staff / Credentialing Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Oklahoma City, OKJanuary 6, 2017
good place to work, good growth opportunities, not enough parking for employees. I wish they would invest money updating their facilities and equipment.
Too stressful of a work environment
PATIENT TRANSPORTER (Current Employee) –  Oklahoma City, OKDecember 31, 2016
Very unstructured and disorganized. Staff does not work well together. Very stressful work environment. It is a great job for pre-medical students to be a transporter, but I would not recommend working here for very long.
Great working invironment
CNA-Certified Nurses Assistant (Current Employee) –  Oklahoma City, OKDecember 31, 2016
Very hands on and willing to help you learn while your in school to become an RN. Everyone is great with the patients and very caring. The management cares about the staff.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at OU Medical Center. Our community is ready to answer.

2.9