OU Medical Center Employee Reviews

Excellent company to work for!
Trauma ICU and Float RN Case Manager (all depts) (Former Employee) –  Oklahoma City, OKOctober 3, 2017
I learned many on-the-job duties including authorization of stays with numerous insurance companies. InterQual Level of Care protocols. Trauma ICU is a fast-paced environment. Three intersection interstates meant we go patients from all over the US and several countries. It was a definite constant learning experience.
Pros
Numerous employee discounts
Very rewarding & slow paced
RN (Former Employee) –  Oklahoma City, OK 73104October 3, 2017
This job pulled at your heart strings. Very slow paced, but lots of opportunities to learn. Very big place to work & you get to see some pretty remarkable cases.
Pros
Slow paced
Cons
Distances
OU Medical Center
Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Oklahoma City, OKSeptember 27, 2017
OU Medical Center has been my home workplace for 7 years and I have enjoyed every moment. Majority of the people that I work with are friendly and helpful.
OU Cancer Registry
Cancer Registrar (Former Employee) –  Oklahoma City, OK 73104September 27, 2017
Upcoming department, underpaid, under staffed and not appreciated due to lack of clinical ties. Lack of communication between upper management. Did offer remote work once trained on site.
OU Medical Center
Advanced Unlicensed Assistant (Former Employee) –  Oklahoma City, OKSeptember 6, 2017
OU Medical Center employees strive everyday to give the best quality of healthcare to all patients. They are equipped to perform in critical health care situations and have experience in all aspects of the medical field. OU provides treatment in different areas from children with chronic conditions to adults recovering from heart surgery. The wide range of services offered by the hospital and it's employees provides comfort through sickness.
Reward
Core Tech (Current Employee) –  Oklahoma City, OKSeptember 5, 2017
Working in the OR at OU Medical Center can be very stressful for a wide variety of reasons but can also be rewarding at times. Because you know we played a major role in saving someones life.
Large hospital campus
Administrative Fellow (Former Employee) –  Oklahoma City, OKAugust 29, 2017
OUMC offers a good working environment. Constant changes and advancement in technology means there is always something new to learn. They do a great job educating their staff.
Good people but things could be better
Surgical Specialist (Former Employee) –  Oklahoma City, OKAugust 18, 2017
Great people to work with. Management was disconnected and the pay is far too low. Fast paced a lot of overtime and call was all the time. Too much politics all around.
Registrar (Former Employee) –  Oklahoma City, OKAugust 15, 2017
OU gave me expierences that advanced my medical administrative career. I would highly recommend this place for any type of employment oppurtunities. The pay raises are not good.
Great place to work or intern
Intern - medical social work (Former Employee) –  Oklahoma City, OKJuly 31, 2017
I really enjoyed my time at OU Medical Center for my student internship. I had a great boss and learned a lot while I was there about the nature of social work and serving very diverse populations.
Pros
Great co-workers
Cons
Short breaks, and very busy work environment
OR Supply Tech
OR Supply Technician (Former Employee) –  Oklahoma City, OKJuly 27, 2017
The managers were amazing, This is a great place to work. Everyone was very friendly and helpful. This position was very demanding on the body, but definitely worth it.
The er
Registrar (Former Employee) –  Oklahoma City, OKJuly 19, 2017
Registering patient in the ER. Some days were crazy with patient after patient needing to be seen. It could be very stressful some days. Especially when we had trama patients.
amazing surgeries, but too unorganized and chaotic
Certified Surgical Technologist (Former Employee) –  Oklahoma City, OKJuly 13, 2017
OU Medicals OR is chaotic and unorganized to say the least. The doctors do great work, but they struggle every day because of instrument and equipment issues. We do not have the tools to do our jobs properly. It is very common to be taking out of training early because they need people so bad. Call shifts turn into working 12 hr. shift pretty often. If these issues get fixed, it would be a wonderful place to work, because the doctors and most of the staff are wonderful.
Could be better
Monitor (Current Employee) –  Oklahoma City, OKJuly 7, 2017
Typical work day or night is long. Love coworkers most of the time. Management is not very good. Advancement not likely. Pay not very competitive without nursing or doctorates.
Fun work place
Cook (Current Employee) –  Oklahoma City, OKJune 28, 2017
It's a experience that came with cooking for sick, kids, elderly people. Being here makes my job more work it knowing I'm cooking for people that need and appreciate.
Pros
Paid benefits
Cons
No team work
O U Medical Center
Certified Nurse Aide/AUA (Current Employee) –  Oklahoma City, OKJune 16, 2017
A typical day at work for me is to see where I will be working first. What I have learned is that there isn't a lot of workers on the floor that care about the care they give. People are cold hearted and management doesn't care just as long as there is a body to cover the shift. the hardest part about the job is working with people who don't care. The most enjoyable part of the job is the opinion I leave every person I take care of with, and that is I care about your health and you getting well.
Pros
I set my own schedule
Cons
I get cancelled
Cardiovascular Technologist (Current Employee) –  Oklahoma City, OKJune 14, 2017
Great teaching hospital, Love my co-workers. They have up to date medical equipment. Good communcation with supervisors. Teamwork and teambuilding within the department.
Pros
Good salary
Cons
Parking
Flexible
Registered Nurse (Current Employee) –  Oklahoma City, OKJune 4, 2017
Good place to work, endoscopy was fun and very flexible for school. Management is decent. The majority of the staff are very helpful. The parking was the worst, the campus is huge and you have to be to work at least 30 minutes early to catch the shuttle to get to work.
Cons
parking
Good old boys network
RN Staff Nurse (Former Employee) –  OU Medical CenterJune 3, 2017
If you are not a long time employee you will not advance. Some of thr management group ahould retire as their ideology comes from thwory X days. Stay away!
fun workplace
scheduler (Current Employee) –  Oklahoma City, OKMay 23, 2017
a really rewarding job to do, very fun. the management could be a little bit better in comunication but other then that its a fantastic work place! and great hospital.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at OU Medical Center. Our community is ready to answer.

OU Medical Center Reviews by Location