OU MEDICAL CENTER

OU MEDICAL CENTER United States Employee Reviews

positive working environment but management needs help
Environmental Services/ housekeeper II (Current Employee), Edmond, OKApril 1, 2015
Pros: friendly environment
Cons: poor managment
very nice place to work, management is fair work load is fair. learned to us the clark boost machine. very nice co-workers and the nursing staff is supper. the hardest part of the job is not having always having the department managers work with the housekeeping in floor assignments. the most enjoyable part of the job is hearing how the floor work is appreciated.
nice place to work
Video Technician (Current Employee), Oklahoma City, OKMarch 23, 2015
Nice place to work and the people are very friendly. Working with children is always something special to be able to do. I love seeing the smiles on their faces.
learning all aspects of nursing
REGISTERED NURSE STAFF NURSE PRN CHARGE (Current Employee), Oklahoma City, OKFebruary 24, 2015
Pros: learning everyday something new none.
Cons: patient to nurse ratio
I enjoying all the aspects of learning and working with a wide range of
patients. I learned everyday. Enjoyed teaching patients on teach care before sending home. The residents and doctors were exceptional to work with. Coworkers all steppe in as needed.
Inspirational and purposeful
HR Director (Current Employee), Oklahoma City, OKFebruary 23, 2015
Great leaders and true purpose in your work. Presents many challenges under parent company. Complex processes and financial environment. You know you're a part of something bigger than you and that you are involved in saving lives. Continually asked to do more with less presents challenges that sometimes cannot be overcome. Motivated and driven.
Run away from OU Physicians
patient Representatve (Former Employee), OU PhysiciansFebruary 10, 2015
Pros: the patients are the reason you want to work here
Cons: the people they hire to work are all rude and bullies
A typical day at OU physicians was horrible not only did I always felt like I was always walking on egg shells around my co workers but no where else have I ever worked that someone could walk into work every day late and have her time care adjusted by her work buddy while everyone else busted there butts to make to work on time. Not only did the we have to deal with fraud on that end but the constant gossip and belittling of the patients about how they smelled or looked by the so called leads of the department and a rotten manager who never did a thing to fix it. I learned that just because you have a older woman who works in an office as a lead that does not qualify her for that job. OU does not do enough research before they hire people to run their clinics. They are all about the numbers and the rules and not about the patients. The hardest part of the job was having to do not only my job but that of my desk mate because she could not multitask but then again she would come in late on average 5-10 minutes late daily so she was never made to do anything or answer to anyone. I would never ever recommend OU Physicians/OU Medical to work for ever. If you are smart go to Integris.
Good Hospital
Certified Nursing Assistant/Unit Secretary (Former Employee), Oklahoma City, OKJanuary 7, 2015
Good Hospital and excellent team members. I would reccomend working for place to anyone.
too much drama
RN Staff/Charge Nurse (Former Employee), Oklahoma City, OKJanuary 1, 2015
12 hour shifts, drug seeking patients, lots of isolation patients.
management would not protect their employees from violent patients. a fellow employee was accused of using drugs but was never tested. oumc turned them in to the board of nursing saying they were doing drugs but they never tested them so how could they know. i know this person and they don't do drugs but oumc almost ruined this nurses career. not a good place to work. too much drama
Exciting
CNA/Caregiver (Current Employee), Oklahoma City, OKDecember 22, 2014
Enjoyed work daily. Everyday at work was a surprise. Everyone was willing to teach.
Don't trust the lead anesthesia technician.
Anesthesia Technician (Former Employee), Oklahoma City, OKDecember 18, 2014
Pros: great facility, great doctors
Cons: no teamwork, lead anesthesia technician can't be trusted.rarely get time for vactions.
I worked at OU Medical Center for 5 years,And it's really a great place to get experience,You'll get the education that you need to work in a fast paced trauma center..But the lead technician is not a good person work for when it pertains to working as a team in Anesthesia.And will set you up to get you fired..The nurses are horrible,But the Anesthesia Residents and Attendings are OUTSTANDING!
good co workers
RN, BSN (Former Employee), Oklahoma City, OKNovember 5, 2014
worked 8-5 weekdays, enjoy patients and coworkers, learned new gyn procedures
Good company to work for.
Transporter (Former Employee), Oklahoma City, OKOctober 25, 2014
I enjoyed working here. I enjoyed the people I worked with the most.
Lead Medical Laboratory Technician
Lead Medical Laboratory Technician (Current Employee), Oklahoma City, OKOctober 16, 2014
Pros: reliable work low and constantly new knowledge and information
Cons: working on holidays and weekends
I have learned a great deal in my 9 yrs at OU Medical Center. A typical work day is running Quality control and doing daily and weekly maintaince on my instruments. Then running patient samples and putting out precise and accurate patient results. I am currently a Lead Technologist in the Urinalysis Department so i also do monthly Maintaince on the Urinalysis Instrument as well as make sure Quality Control is documented accuratly and to CAP standards on a monthly basis. I enjoy my work as it is always changing and new inormation is always evolving in the Health care field. I have also worked diligently with our Pathologist for research purposes and have done correlation studys in installing new instruments in the Urinalysis Area.
It was a productive, interesting place to work
Staff RN (Former Employee), Oklahoma City, OKSeptember 8, 2014
Pros: nice work environment. interaction with variou
Cons: i really don't have any. i loved working there
I worked in the NICU, PICU and the ED. I loved all three areas, but I prefer the ED. You never knew what was going to come through the doors. Management was supportive. I enjoyed working in a teaching environment.
Fast working and learning environment
Registered Respiratory Therapist (Current Employee), okc, okAugust 21, 2014
Pros: decent benefits, good management
Cons: heavy workloads, cafeteria is extremely over priced, new residents still have much to learn
So far I enjoy working at OU Medical Center. It is considered a teaching hospital so there are always new residents. At times this can become complicated because the doctors work in teams.

The overall energy is great amongst staff, and everyone works well together.

The hardest part of the job is usually first rounds during nightshift, but the staff is good about checking on one another.

My favorite part about my job is all of the exposure. OU is the only level 1 trauma hospital in the state. Therefore, we get to see it all.
I ENJOY OUMC
RN Supervisor (Current Employee), Oklahoma City, OKAugust 11, 2014
Pros: great team work
I ENJOY WORKING AT OUMC, I AM JUST LOOKING FOR A CHANGE AND HAVE ALWAYS WANTED TO BE A SCHOOL NURSE.
Communication problems
interpreter (Former Employee), Oklahoma City, OKJuly 25, 2014
Pros: 3 days a week
Cons: communication between new employees and management.
I would come in to work and not see anyone or heard of anyone in who would be in charge in case a manger was needed he was in a different building and office, hard to reach.co workers always were biting eachothers head. I have never worked in such environment.
summary
Radiology Clerk (Former Employee), okc,okJune 9, 2014
My days at work was very productive. I love helping people and the job was very rewarding.
very laid back and comfortable place
Registrar (Former Employee), Oklahoma City, OKMay 6, 2014
it was a no set TIME to be in just as long as it was before 9:00 am. Always did up to 60 charts a day and was able to sit there and listen to music on my ear buds but as long we stayed busy. charts was always available.
A skilled professional with experience in a diverse group of fields seeking long term employment with a
Registrar (Current Employee), Oklahoma City, OKApril 16, 2014
Very busy on a daily, fast paced, its the emergency room so its a challege each day. My co-workers are a great team to work with, we love to help each other as much as we can to keep our staff and customers satisfied. I've learned everything I need to be professional at anything I do to be a successful employer to any and every company in my community. The thing im love most about my job is pleasing the customer and taking care of them and getting them well to go home satisfied and willing to come back and see Ou Medical Center.
Horrible
Pharmacy Technician (Former Employee), Oklahoma CityApril 10, 2014
Cons: parking, poor pay, no employee appreciation, rude nurses, breaks not guaranteed.
One of the worst pharmacy tech positions. The pay is terrible compared to other pharmacy tech jobs. Employees are required to park a mile away and take a shuttle to work. This is the only place where you can be 15- 20 minutes early and still get to work late. Expect to lose 45 minutes a day due to this nuisance. Pharmacy has high turnover which is not surprising. They will work you to death. Scheduling is poor. Pay is poor. Job quality is poor. Apply elsewhere or you'll be poor.

1 2 3

About OU MEDICAL CENTER

OU Medicine is the collaboration among OU Medical Center, The Children's Hospital, OU Medical Center Edmond, OU Physicians, OU – Read more

OU MEDICAL CENTER Salaries