OU Medical Center Employee Reviews

O U Medical Center
Certified Nurse Aide/AUA (Current Employee) –  Oklahoma City, OKJune 16, 2017
A typical day at work for me is to see where I will be working first. What I have learned is that there isn't a lot of workers on the floor that care about the care they give. People are cold hearted and management doesn't care just as long as there is a body to cover the shift. the hardest part about the job is working with people who don't care. The most enjoyable part of the job is the opinion I leave every person I take care of with, and that is I care about your health and you getting well.
Pros
I set my own schedule
Cons
I get cancelled
Cardiovascular Technologist (Current Employee) –  Oklahoma City, OKJune 14, 2017
Great teaching hospital, Love my co-workers. They have up to date medical equipment. Good communcation with supervisors. Teamwork and teambuilding within the department.
Pros
Good salary
Cons
Parking
Flexible
Registered Nurse (Current Employee) –  Oklahoma City, OKJune 4, 2017
Good place to work, endoscopy was fun and very flexible for school. Management is decent. The majority of the staff are very helpful. The parking was the worst, the campus is huge and you have to be to work at least 30 minutes early to catch the shuttle to get to work.
Cons
parking
Good old boys network
RN Staff Nurse (Former Employee) –  OU Medical CenterJune 3, 2017
If you are not a long time employee you will not advance. Some of thr management group ahould retire as their ideology comes from thwory X days. Stay away!
fun workplace
scheduler (Current Employee) –  Oklahoma City, OKMay 23, 2017
a really rewarding job to do, very fun. the management could be a little bit better in comunication but other then that its a fantastic work place! and great hospital.
Er
Patient Assistant for Emergency Room (Former Employee) –  Oklahoma City, OKMay 23, 2017
Working in the ER was very fast-paced, but we worked together as a team. The management was young, so there were some personality conflicts amongst my co-workers, that didn't involve me, but I feel as if they could have used more training.
Busy environment with ample opportunity to learn.
RN (Former Employee) –  Edmond, OKMay 16, 2017
During my time at OU I worked at Children's on the labor and delivery unit. Although this unit is extremely busy, there are numerous opportunities to learn and grow as a registered nurse.
N/a
Anastasian technician (Current Employee) –  Oklahoma City, OKMay 8, 2017
understaffed And want you to always rush to get things done that's when people get hurt on the job But over all Could-be a good place to stay and work if management will get better
Pros
Anesthesiologist and doctors are good
Cons
Management likes to micro manage
Great highschool/ college position
Transporter (Former Employee) –  Oklahoma City, OKApril 20, 2017
you respond to the patients needs. the experience here is a little mind numbing but overall the environment is very interesting if you like being in a clinical setting. As a patient transporter you are exposed to all of the departments in the hospital and you never know what you might be helping with. This job is pretty low pay for the work that is put in, if you are doing the job correctly.
Clean
AUA Tech (Former Employee) –  oklahoma city, okApril 7, 2017
Great patient care and treatment. Doctors were very attentive to patients every need in care, as well making sure staff is properly trained. Overall a wonderful place to work.
Pros
educational hospital
Cons
Not well staffed
Medical Laboratory Technician (Former Employee) –  Oklahoma City, OKMarch 29, 2017
I enjoyed working at The OU hospital. I worked nights, It was a 13 hour shift in the beginning, only three nights. But I was driving from
Ponca City, so I eventually quit. Also it was the first for me to just work nights. i have worked mostly days and been on a lot of call back and weekends.
Because of it being a larger lab, I learned more Hematolgy that I forgot, because in a smaller lab, specialty test are sent out.
Management was good. Enjoyed the employees I worked with.
Passionate people, diverse audience
Computer Technician (Former Employee) –  OKC, OKMarch 15, 2017
Loved my job. They were good about promotion within the company. Also great incentives and benifits. Loved the atmosphere and hospital setting. All employees where helpful as well.
Pros
Discounts at the gift shop!
Cons
Short breaks
nature of the job is stressful but great team work
Registered Nurse (Former Employee) –  Oklahoma City, OKMarch 7, 2017
great place to get experience and learn nursing skills. Stressful due to acuity of patients. Long hours but is very rewarding. I recommend working at OUMC.
Critical Care Experience
Registered Nurse (Current Employee) –  Oklahoma City, OKMarch 4, 2017
Provided invaluable experience in caring for the most critically ill patients. Enjoyed the high stress, high-paced environment. Teaching hospital that allowed for personal and professional growth in knowledge and education.
Too fast paced
Medica records clerk (Former Employee) –  Oklahoma City, OKFebruary 27, 2017
I really liked this job. It was reliable, Paid pretty well, and had great benefits. I just couldn't work as fast as needed. I would love to work in a hospital setting again.
Horrible
Radiology Technologist (Former Employee) –  Oklahoma City, OKFebruary 23, 2017
The most understaffed radiology dept. in Oklahoma I ever seen. Very stressful environment. Superiors don't care employees. I don't suggest any Rad tech go there. Horrible!!!
Team oriented
REGISTERED NURSE (Current Employee) –  Oklahoma City, OKFebruary 14, 2017
The Cardiovascular unit is team oriented and willing to lend a helping hand to other nurses needing assistance. The nurse manager on the unit is easy to talk too and always have an open door policy. The floor is super busy but your co workers on the unit help you make it through the shift.
Pros
Good work environment
Cons
Super busy
A good learning experience
Registered Nurse (Former Employee) –  Oklahoma City, OKFebruary 6, 2017
This is a teaching hospital and I learned a lot there. I was mistreated by doctors and humiliated in front of patients which was unnecessary.
Pros
Learned a lot
Cons
Harsh at times
Every day was a Productive Day
Medical Records Technician (Former Employee) –  Oklahoma City, OKFebruary 3, 2017
Clocking in to a day at work was very exciting. Learning the process of Medical Records was a challenge at first because I started so young, but accomplishing the task that were assign to me help me find what my passion is and what I I wanted my career to be. I wouldn't say it was a hard part to the job. I will like to just call it a challenge. The most enjoyable part of the job was working with clients, working as a team, and getting the job done.
Good ethics
Medical Assistant/Lab (Current Employee) –  Oklahoma City, OKJanuary 28, 2017
Great place to work. Benefits are great, but not much room for advancement. Most of the management is good, some, not so much. Very high paced, hard to get a day off.
Pros
Decent pay
Cons

Ask a question about working or interviewing at OU Medical Center. Our community is ready to answer.

2.9