OU Medical Center Employee Reviews

Horrible pay, Rare possibilities for advancement
Patient Services Representative (Former Employee) –  Oklahoma City, OKJanuary 14, 2017
Although said to be a part of an integrated medical system, there is very little pay for the amount of work you do not to mention the lack of advancement opportunties.
Pros
Quarterly Bonuses
Cons
Pay, health insurance, inclement weather policy, leave
good place to work
Medical Staff / Credentialing Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Oklahoma City, OKJanuary 6, 2017
good place to work, good growth opportunities, not enough parking for employees. I wish they would invest money updating their facilities and equipment.
Too stressful of a work environment
PATIENT TRANSPORTER (Current Employee) –  Oklahoma City, OKDecember 31, 2016
Very unstructured and disorganized. Staff does not work well together. Very stressful work environment. It is a great job for pre-medical students to be a transporter, but I would not recommend working here for very long.
Great working invironment
CNA-Certified Nurses Assistant (Current Employee) –  Oklahoma City, OKDecember 31, 2016
Very hands on and willing to help you learn while your in school to become an RN. Everyone is great with the patients and very caring. The management cares about the staff.
Oumc
Registered Nurse/Staff RN (Former Employee) –  OKC, OKDecember 8, 2016
OUMC is a great place to work. The culture was good but has gone through changes in management. The job can be challenging but you learn a lot of information to help you in future jobs.
Pros
Environment
Cons
Holidays/Weekends
awesome
Radiology Technologist (Former Employee) –  Edmond, OKNovember 30, 2016
ou is an amazing company to work for. never had any issues. great pay and benefits. amazing radiology crew. always fun. staff is great and all hard workers. everyone is nice and you can tell they all love their job
Pros
food
n/a
Food Service Worker (Former Employee) –  Oklahoma City, OKOctober 4, 2016
.•Confer with customers by telephone or in person to provide information about products or services, take or enter orders, cancel accounts, or obtain details of complaints
•Check to ensure that appropriate changes were made to resolve customers’ problems
•Getting Information
•Communicating with Persons Outside Organization
•Making Decisions and Solving Problems
•Experience with: Adobe Systems Adobe Acrobat, Customer account management software, Customer service and support software, Desktop computers, Global positioning system GPS receivers, Microsoft Excel, Microsoft Internet Explorer, Microsoft Windows, Microsoft Word, Wireless telephone headsets, Wireless telephone systems
Busy work enviornment with little support or opportunity to advance !
Medical Technologist (Former Employee) –  Oklahoma City, OKAugust 28, 2016
The downtown campus is basically a snake's den, with a very unfriendly and non supportive environment ! It was an unpleasant experience, especially with no compassion to my late wife's last days on Earth, and my desire and compassion to take care of her !! She went tom Heaven before I had to give notice to care for my dying son, barely 2 months after she died. People can be so cruel !!!
Pros
Close to home
Cons
Cruel work and hostile work enviornment
Great nurses to work with
Unit Secretary (Former Employee) –  Oklahoma City, OKAugust 15, 2016
Great learning experience, Some of the doctors are awesome. Was able to make own work schedule. The environment was easy going for the most part. There where times that was stressful
Pros
Making own schedule
Cons
Some very long hours
I worked here for 4 years.
RN circulator (Former Employee) –  Oklahoma City, OKAugust 10, 2016
This staff/management will run you to the ground. Make you stay way over your shift without compensation. The pay is no where near competitive. I left and got a $5 raise from another company.. Thier benefits are horrible. Trust me. You don't want to work here. They offer no discount for food in the cafeteria. Always understaffed. You will never see the managers unless you are getting disciplined.
Cons

Want to know more about OU Medical Center?

Ask a question
fun and good place to work
Medical Assistant (Former Employee) –  Oklahoma City, OKJune 2, 2016
the doctors were good with the nurse very good place to work got to meet different drug reps it taught me a lot right after I graduated
Pros
lunches from the drug reps
Cons
some nights we would be there until 7-8pm
Great place to learn
Radiologic Technologist Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Oklahoma City, OKApril 27, 2016
Overall it was a very good place to work. . I was a lead tech and had a wonderful crew who always worked hard to get the job done efficiently.
Pros
Days
Cons
Work holidays
Love working with the public and it's a educational facility.
Patient s (Current Employee) –  ONovember 11, 2015
I've enjoyed working with this company, I'm a people person so I get to meet a lot of different people and this position has taught me a lot about customer service and how to please customer's so it gives your business a reson to keep peolpe returning.
Pros
We get to do payroll deduct for lunches and the cafeteria.
Cons
I have to take a shulttle bus to my car every afternoon.
Excellent company, able to gain a wide variety of work experience
CNA - Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Edmond, OKNovember 10, 2015
Excellent company, able to gain a wide variety of work experience, and you are allowed to do lots of over time through out the year! Need to work weekends? They pay you extra for weekends and more so for any night shift!
Great work place
Medical Assistant, PSR (Current Employee) –  Oklahoma City, OKNovember 5, 2015
Great workplace with my co-workers we work great together its always serious business when necessary and fun and happy times when its the right time.
Run away!
RN (Former Employee) –  Oklahoma City, OKOctober 26, 2015
Working with the physicans and residents is great. Good teaching environment, but good nurses show ran away!!! There are a few managers and directors that honestly , you have to wonder how they keep their job or got it in the first place! Examples....extremely high turn over rates in every department. Lack of value or honesty from administration. I mean how can a mother be the supervisor over her daughter in a department? How can the cath lab manager (highly unqualified) continue the clearly psychotic and vindictive behavior, become an "interm director"? Yes, there are several people that are protected all the way up thru administration! Talk to human resources, why they dont care. So if you want to be harrassed, lied to, or put in the situation to be stripped of your license or enjoy being lead by incompetence, you can apply at OU medical. If you value your livelihood and license.... Run away fast!
Pros
Excellent teaching environment
Cons
High turn over . complete disconnect from managers and directors.
Productive and educational experience
Staff RN- Interventional Radiology (Full-time) (Former Employee) –  Oklahoma City, OKOctober 25, 2015
Managed patients daily by performing conscious sedation and their pain pre, intra, and post-operatively. I, learned a variety of skills, especially accurate performance of conscious sedation. I was pleased with management and was treated well. I enjoyed my co-workers who were mentors as well. The hardest part of the job was being on-call with a 30 minute response time. The most enjoyable was everything else.
Pros
Great repport with your patients and the physicians.
Cons
Being on-call with a 30 minute reponse time.
Staffing RN Agency
Star RN, Staff RN, and Charge Nurse (Former Employee) –  Oklahoma City, OkOctober 7, 2015
This job was good but you have to work alternating weekends. The patient acuity is high but you receive excellent experience to become a great safe and effective nurse.
Educational environment for new nurses
Registered Nurse (Current Employee) –  Oklahoma City, OKOctober 6, 2015
Great learning environment for new nurses, as well as other medical personnel. Plenty of resources and support available from colleagues when needed.
Pros
Teaching facility
Cons
Heavy patient load
Not a good place to work
Patient Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Oklahoma City, OKOctober 2, 2015
Before you consider OU Medical Center, look at other area hospitals. This place does not give paid holidays unless you have the PTO to cover said holiday. They give you false hope and management is not all to great. Certain people get away with so much but yet you get told what your doing wrong by someone who knows nothing of anything! I would not recommend this place to anyone! I work in the clinics and my goodness they do not care how will you treat the patient. if the patient has a problem with you, you're just wrong in the situation, no matter what!
Pros
Cons
Management, no paid holidays, no room for advancement, inconsiderate of employees, high turn over

Ask a question about working or interviewing at OU Medical Center. Our community is ready to answer.

2.9