OU Medical Center Employee Reviews

OU Medical Center
Advanced Unlicensed Assistant (Former Employee) –  Oklahoma City, OKSeptember 6, 2017
OU Medical Center employees strive everyday to give the best quality of healthcare to all patients. They are equipped to perform in critical health care situations and have experience in all aspects of the medical field. OU provides treatment in different areas from children with chronic conditions to adults recovering from heart surgery. The wide range of services offered by the hospital and it's employees provides comfort through sickness.
Reward
Core Tech (Current Employee) –  Oklahoma City, OKSeptember 5, 2017
Working in the OR at OU Medical Center can be very stressful for a wide variety of reasons but can also be rewarding at times. Because you know we played a major role in saving someones life.
Large hospital campus
Administrative Fellow (Former Employee) –  Oklahoma City, OKAugust 29, 2017
OUMC offers a good working environment. Constant changes and advancement in technology means there is always something new to learn. They do a great job educating their staff.
Good people but things could be better
Surgical Specialist (Former Employee) –  Oklahoma City, OKAugust 18, 2017
Great people to work with. Management was disconnected and the pay is far too low. Fast paced a lot of overtime and call was all the time. Too much politics all around.
Registrar (Former Employee) –  Oklahoma City, OKAugust 15, 2017
OU gave me expierences that advanced my medical administrative career. I would highly recommend this place for any type of employment oppurtunities. The pay raises are not good.
Great place to work or intern
Intern - medical social work (Former Employee) –  Oklahoma City, OKJuly 31, 2017
I really enjoyed my time at OU Medical Center for my student internship. I had a great boss and learned a lot while I was there about the nature of social work and serving very diverse populations.
Pros
Great co-workers
Cons
Short breaks, and very busy work environment
OR Supply Tech
OR Supply Technician (Former Employee) –  Oklahoma City, OKJuly 27, 2017
The managers were amazing, This is a great place to work. Everyone was very friendly and helpful. This position was very demanding on the body, but definitely worth it.
The er
Registrar (Former Employee) –  Oklahoma City, OKJuly 19, 2017
Registering patient in the ER. Some days were crazy with patient after patient needing to be seen. It could be very stressful some days. Especially when we had trama patients.
amazing surgeries, but too unorganized and chaotic
Certified Surgical Technologist (Former Employee) –  Oklahoma City, OKJuly 13, 2017
OU Medicals OR is chaotic and unorganized to say the least. The doctors do great work, but they struggle every day because of instrument and equipment issues. We do not have the tools to do our jobs properly. It is very common to be taking out of training early because they need people so bad. Call shifts turn into working 12 hr. shift pretty often. If these issues get fixed, it would be a wonderful place to work, because the doctors and most of the staff are wonderful.
Could be better
Monitor (Current Employee) –  Oklahoma City, OKJuly 7, 2017
Typical work day or night is long. Love coworkers most of the time. Management is not very good. Advancement not likely. Pay not very competitive without nursing or doctorates.
Fun work place
Cook (Current Employee) –  Oklahoma City, OKJune 28, 2017
It's a experience that came with cooking for sick, kids, elderly people. Being here makes my job more work it knowing I'm cooking for people that need and appreciate.
Pros
Paid benefits
Cons
No team work
O U Medical Center
Certified Nurse Aide/AUA (Current Employee) –  Oklahoma City, OKJune 16, 2017
A typical day at work for me is to see where I will be working first. What I have learned is that there isn't a lot of workers on the floor that care about the care they give. People are cold hearted and management doesn't care just as long as there is a body to cover the shift. the hardest part about the job is working with people who don't care. The most enjoyable part of the job is the opinion I leave every person I take care of with, and that is I care about your health and you getting well.
Pros
I set my own schedule
Cons
I get cancelled
Cardiovascular Technologist (Current Employee) –  Oklahoma City, OKJune 14, 2017
Great teaching hospital, Love my co-workers. They have up to date medical equipment. Good communcation with supervisors. Teamwork and teambuilding within the department.
Pros
Good salary
Cons
Parking
Flexible
Registered Nurse (Current Employee) –  Oklahoma City, OKJune 4, 2017
Good place to work, endoscopy was fun and very flexible for school. Management is decent. The majority of the staff are very helpful. The parking was the worst, the campus is huge and you have to be to work at least 30 minutes early to catch the shuttle to get to work.
Cons
parking
Good old boys network
RN Staff Nurse (Former Employee) –  OU Medical CenterJune 3, 2017
If you are not a long time employee you will not advance. Some of thr management group ahould retire as their ideology comes from thwory X days. Stay away!
fun workplace
scheduler (Current Employee) –  Oklahoma City, OKMay 23, 2017
a really rewarding job to do, very fun. the management could be a little bit better in comunication but other then that its a fantastic work place! and great hospital.
Er
Patient Assistant for Emergency Room (Former Employee) –  Oklahoma City, OKMay 23, 2017
Working in the ER was very fast-paced, but we worked together as a team. The management was young, so there were some personality conflicts amongst my co-workers, that didn't involve me, but I feel as if they could have used more training.
Busy environment with ample opportunity to learn.
RN (Former Employee) –  Edmond, OKMay 16, 2017
During my time at OU I worked at Children's on the labor and delivery unit. Although this unit is extremely busy, there are numerous opportunities to learn and grow as a registered nurse.
N/a
Anastasian technician (Current Employee) –  Oklahoma City, OKMay 8, 2017
understaffed And want you to always rush to get things done that's when people get hurt on the job But over all Could-be a good place to stay and work if management will get better
Pros
Anesthesiologist and doctors are good
Cons
Management likes to micro manage
Great highschool/ college position
Transporter (Former Employee) –  Oklahoma City, OKApril 20, 2017
you respond to the patients needs. the experience here is a little mind numbing but overall the environment is very interesting if you like being in a clinical setting. As a patient transporter you are exposed to all of the departments in the hospital and you never know what you might be helping with. This job is pretty low pay for the work that is put in, if you are doing the job correctly.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at OU Medical Center. Our community is ready to answer.

OU Medical Center Reviews by Location