OUR LADY OF PERPETUAL HELP Employee Reviews

I enjoyed building the sports program at OLPH.
Athletic Director, Coach, PE (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXAugust 15, 2016
When I arrived at OLPH, they only had soccer as a sport. I brought in volleyball, basketball, baseball and softball. The students enjoyed it very much and we were very successful as a team. We won 2 championships and were very competitive with the other teams.
Long time volunteer
Religious Education Instructor (Former Employee) –  Lindenhurst, NYMay 5, 2016
I have been at OPLH since I was 6 years old. It has been an influential part of my growing up. It really has taught me how to be human. The hours are also flexible. The group homes are the most challenging but also very rewarding. You meet so many really wonderful people.
A typical Personal chef life
Personal Chef (Former Employee) –  Pelham, NYDecember 28, 2015
Cooked dinner for 3 priest 6 nights per week. All three had different palettes. So it was a little difficult satisfying all of them in one meal
i loved my job with all the good and bad that came with it. I was saddened when I was laid off.
Maintenance/ Janitorial/ Housekeeping (Former Employee) –  Maple Shade, NJSeptember 9, 2015
My daily responsibilities were the general maintaining of all building on the campus. Cleaning and stocking. I was on call 24 hrs a day for all maintenance and security calls. My co-workers consisted of teachers. They were great people to work with. I learned to order supplies for and manage the orders per month and to save money on products. The hardest part of the job was juggling my daily responsibilities with emergency calls. The most enjoyable part of the job was interacting with the kids that attended the school.
learning early
VOLUNTEER (Former Employee) –  whittier caJuly 12, 2015
learned a lot of things in the offie just volunteering at my church. learned how to file, take payments, making phone calls.
short and sweet
Dietary Aide/Utility (Current Employee) –  Virginia Beach, VaJuly 6, 2015
I work as a stocker, and janitorial as my main position. Other days i work in the dishroom, and serve in the dinning room.

So the job requires me to do a walk thru of the storage areas, fridge, and freezer. I check to make sure everything is dated properly, and freshness of the produce. I then help take the late trays and dishes to the dishroom, soaking them. I clean the holding dirty dish cart, and clean the juice machine. I do a walk thru of pots and pans, and make sure all is cleaned. Food truck comes, i check in the order in and see any damage products. I put it away, old first, new last. I set up the cooks for the coming meals, and help the prep cook with any desserts. Stock done, I clean the stock room, and dump cardboard boxes. I then move on to cleaning, usually having a check list for that day to go by. I clean and take a break for lunch.

The job load can be short or long, and can be a challege depending on the staff. There are times things are put away not dates, or not in the right protective wrap.
Pros
free lunches, good staff, my job.
Cons
Lack of profession, low pay, lack of team work unity
Great place to work.
LPN (Former Employee) –  Virginia Beach, VAMay 2, 2015
Great for nurse who love geriatrics. Great place to really get to know your patient and about their lives. Excellent for learning disease processes overtime.
Pros
Low patient turnover.
What I learned
Teacher Assistant, Religion Class (Former Employee) –  Brooklyn, NYFebruary 25, 2015
This experience of working with children in a class room was very fulfilling because it made me feel good inside for educating children.
productive and fun work place
Dishwasher (Former Employee) –  Virginia Beach,VANovember 16, 2014
the co-workers was fun and was welling to teach you things you didn't know...hardest part was coming in for someone and there was ah party going on or when the dish machine when out..the most enjoyable part of the job is seeing the residents happy.
Pros
free lunches
Cons
short brakes
Great people
Peer Leader (Former Employee) –  Santa Clarita, CAJune 24, 2014
I only volunteered here, I know nothing about how life as an employee there is. However, it was a great environment for me. I attended church class there as a kid, and it was a good experience for me to return as a teacher's assistant to help other children.
Excellent work environment
Sixth Grade Teacher (Former Employee) –  South Ozone Park, NYDecember 27, 2013
*Homeroom
* Zero Period- students work on something productive
*Taught two classes, ELA and Ancient Civilizations
* Weekly meeting with faculty
* Open door policy with administrator
* Strong work ethic from students and teachers
* Strict behavior policy
Pros
Diverse population, strong discipline policy, and family oriented
Cons
no substitutes available when sick
Great Work environment
Liscensed Medication Aide (Current Employee) –  Virginia Beach, VAAugust 15, 2013
The environment is clean, with caring staff. The staff is great and have great personalities and the supervisor is very flexible and will work with you in any situation.
Maintenance Supervisior (Current Employee) –  Chesaning, MIJune 12, 2013
I like my job but I need to work more then 30 hours per week also I have to work some weekends.
Pros
7 miles from home
Cons
30 hours per week
Our Lady of Perpetual Help was a great place to work
Resource Teacher/ Interventionist (Current Employee) –  Dallas, TXApril 26, 2013
I am a resource teacher that works with PK through 8th grade. I worked with the children who were struggling with reading, and taught them reading skills that filled in the gaps and made them better readers. I also worked with 7th and 8th grade gifted students on projects that complemented their future job interests.
I worked with each group of students for thirty minutes, and utilized positive reinforcement to help them achieve academic and behavioral goals.
Working with my co-workers was enjoyable. We worked together to provide the best academically for the students. I tested the students, discovered their weaknesses, and then provided individual lesson plans for each group of students. I reported weekly to the teachers to let them know how their students were doing, and the teachers informed me as to the progress of the students in their classroom.
The hardest part of the job was trying to juggle my schedule to accommodate all of the students. I did manage to help all those that had needs though.
The most enjoyable part of the job was seeing the students become better readers, and them gaining a new confidence in their ability to read.
Pros
good salary and benefits
Cons
an hour drive each day to get to work
Customer Service
Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Indio, CAApril 3, 2013
Registering parishoners, answering and directing all phone calls and customer service