OUR LADY OF PERPETUAL HELP Employee Reviews

Great community
Volunteer, Religious Education Teacher (Current Employee) –  Ellicott City, MDAugust 4, 2017
A great community with fellowship and support. I enjoy volunteering with the people from OLPH. They are supportive and kind. Working with kids is a rewarding challenge
Small parish in NW Kansas
Youth Leader (Former Employee) –  Sharon Springs, KSJuly 20, 2017
Served 2 parishes in NW Kansas as Youth Director, working with the high school youth groups. Able to set my own schedule, free to set my own curriculum.
would not recommend
Geriatric Nurse (Former Employee) –  Virginia Beach, VAJuly 16, 2017
this workplace is not welcoming in any manner. the staff is very rude and although the patients are wonderful to work with and take care of, the atmosphere is terrible
Favorite Job
Manager (Former Employee) –  Virginia Beach, VAJune 11, 2017
I have never worked for a company who was more focused on the residents. From the care to the environment, it was top notch. Sometimes working to achieve that standard was difficult and stressful, but the finished product always made it a worthwhile effort. It requires a lot of work hours, and the strong ability to manage different staff cultures, challenging families, etc.They care about the staff and go above and beyond for them, especially when there is a personal crisis. Morale is also very important to them, so they often planned nice events for all of the staff. They made a difficult type of job (caring for old, frail and dying senior citizens) rewarding and extremely fulfilling. I would work for them again, without hesitation!!
Pros
Fantastic company culture
Cons
It is very challenging work. You must be willing to put in a lot of hours at times
Productive and exciting
Tutor/Volunteer (Former Employee) –  Downey, CAJune 5, 2017
I volunteered as a tutor for the younger kids from kinder to 2, and it was very exciting to work with kids and to help them understand their subjects.
Great place to volunteer and grow in the faith
Volunteer (Former Employee) –  Rapid City, SDMay 31, 2017
As a volunteer at the Cathedral OLPH for several years, I discovered that the Cathedral is always looking for people to help out with the various activities they host year round. If you are seeking to increase your faith while meeting great people, this is a great place to volunteer.
Fun place to work and great people to work with
Intern (Former Employee) –  Aurora, OHMarch 20, 2017
This was an internship that I did for my senior year internship. All of the people were really great to work with, and I learned a lot about setting up events, and marketing events that were going on for youth group as well as church events. I helped with creating flyers, sending out emails, and managing the social media accounts for specific groups in the church. I also created calendars for events, and wrote newspaper articles in order to get the word out about events happening as well as fundraisers that were going to be happening.
Work Place
LPN (Current Employee) –  Virginia Beach, VAMarch 2, 2017
My job is flexible with me in my schedule . Management is not always supportive at times. I enjoy doing my job because I love giving the residents the best care possible in there end of life
great job
Unit Secretary (Former Employee) –  Virginia Beach, VADecember 14, 2016
my peers and I were all reaching for the same goal, we all wanted to make the patients feel as comfortable as possible. We always had a job to do and sometimes we were doing things that wasn't apart of the job just or the comfort of the patients. I would visit certain patients everyday to talk to them and make them happy before I left the job. It was a great experience.
Pros
the patients
I enjoyed building the sports program at OLPH.
Athletic Director, Coach, PE (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXAugust 15, 2016
When I arrived at OLPH, they only had soccer as a sport. I brought in volleyball, basketball, baseball and softball. The students enjoyed it very much and we were very successful as a team. We won 2 championships and were very competitive with the other teams.
Long time volunteer
Religious Education Instructor (Former Employee) –  Lindenhurst, NYMay 5, 2016
I have been at OPLH since I was 6 years old. It has been an influential part of my growing up. It really has taught me how to be human. The hours are also flexible. The group homes are the most challenging but also very rewarding. You meet so many really wonderful people.
A typical Personal chef life
Personal Chef (Former Employee) –  Pelham, NYDecember 28, 2015
Cooked dinner for 3 priest 6 nights per week. All three had different palettes. So it was a little difficult satisfying all of them in one meal
i loved my job with all the good and bad that came with it. I was saddened when I was laid off.
Maintenance/ Janitorial/ Housekeeping (Former Employee) –  Maple Shade, NJSeptember 9, 2015
My daily responsibilities were the general maintaining of all building on the campus. Cleaning and stocking. I was on call 24 hrs a day for all maintenance and security calls. My co-workers consisted of teachers. They were great people to work with. I learned to order supplies for and manage the orders per month and to save money on products. The hardest part of the job was juggling my daily responsibilities with emergency calls. The most enjoyable part of the job was interacting with the kids that attended the school.
learning early
VOLUNTEER (Former Employee) –  whittier caJuly 12, 2015
learned a lot of things in the offie just volunteering at my church. learned how to file, take payments, making phone calls.
short and sweet
Dietary Aide/Utility (Current Employee) –  Virginia Beach, VaJuly 6, 2015
I work as a stocker, and janitorial as my main position. Other days i work in the dishroom, and serve in the dinning room.

So the job requires me to do a walk thru of the storage areas, fridge, and freezer. I check to make sure everything is dated properly, and freshness of the produce. I then help take the late trays and dishes to the dishroom, soaking them. I clean the holding dirty dish cart, and clean the juice machine. I do a walk thru of pots and pans, and make sure all is cleaned. Food truck comes, i check in the order in and see any damage products. I put it away, old first, new last. I set up the cooks for the coming meals, and help the prep cook with any desserts. Stock done, I clean the stock room, and dump cardboard boxes. I then move on to cleaning, usually having a check list for that day to go by. I clean and take a break for lunch.

The job load can be short or long, and can be a challege depending on the staff. There are times things are put away not dates, or not in the right protective wrap.
Pros
free lunches, good staff, my job.
Cons
Lack of profession, low pay, lack of team work unity
Great place to work.
LPN (Former Employee) –  Virginia Beach, VAMay 2, 2015
Great for nurse who love geriatrics. Great place to really get to know your patient and about their lives. Excellent for learning disease processes overtime.
Pros
Low patient turnover.
What I learned
Teacher Assistant, Religion Class (Former Employee) –  Brooklyn, NYFebruary 25, 2015
This experience of working with children in a class room was very fulfilling because it made me feel good inside for educating children.
productive and fun work place
Dishwasher (Former Employee) –  Virginia Beach,VANovember 16, 2014
the co-workers was fun and was welling to teach you things you didn't know...hardest part was coming in for someone and there was ah party going on or when the dish machine when out..the most enjoyable part of the job is seeing the residents happy.
Pros
free lunches
Cons
short brakes
Great people
Peer Leader (Former Employee) –  Santa Clarita, CAJune 24, 2014
I only volunteered here, I know nothing about how life as an employee there is. However, it was a great environment for me. I attended church class there as a kid, and it was a good experience for me to return as a teacher's assistant to help other children.
Excellent work environment
Sixth Grade Teacher (Former Employee) –  South Ozone Park, NYDecember 27, 2013
*Homeroom
* Zero Period- students work on something productive
*Taught two classes, ELA and Ancient Civilizations
* Weekly meeting with faculty
* Open door policy with administrator
* Strong work ethic from students and teachers
* Strict behavior policy
Pros
Diverse population, strong discipline policy, and family oriented
Cons
no substitutes available when sick