Our Lady of the Lake Regional Medical Center

Our Lady of the Lake Regional Medical Center Employee Reviews

Cna
Certified Nursing Assistant (Current Employee) –  Baton Rouge, LAJune 24, 2017
My manger was awesome the Our Lady of the Lake is as great organization.. Yiur co workers are really friendly the time didn't work out for me enymore..
Cons
Health care
ER Nurse
Registered Nurse (Current Employee) –  Baton Rouge, LAJune 21, 2017
The ER is fast paced and not just for anyone. If you want a fast-paced environment that you will learn quickly in, then the OLOLER is the place for you.
Fun job, long hours
Patient Access Representative (Current Employee) –  Baton Rouge, LAJune 20, 2017
Job required 12 hour shift and rotating weekends, other than that the job was pretty cool, supervisors were understanding. Collections were a must and tardy policy was strict
Work here only if you have no life
Pharmacy Technician (Current Employee) –  Baton Rouge, LAJune 19, 2017
working here had been a struggle for me, there is alot of walking involved with this job every single day of the week for 5 or 6 days straight. also this job requires you to work nights on weekends something you have to be required to do.
Productive and resouceful
Patient Account Representative (Former Employee) –  Baton Rouge, LAJune 18, 2017
Very busy and fast pace company. My experience with the lake gave me the foundation that i need with people in general. I learned alot a patient confidentiality, just securing the patients and making them feel important
Pros
Awesome enviroment
Cons
short lunch breaks
good nurse
CNA - Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Baton Rouge, LAJune 13, 2017
our lady of the lakes nurses are very knowledgeable.and thier nursing assistants overworked and underpaid. i enoyed my morning visits at CCs coffee and/or Smoothie king.
Depends on where you work here
Secuirty Officer (Former Employee) –  Baton Rouge, LAJune 10, 2017
I've worked security here for a few months and can tell you some days were good days depending on who was in charge for the shift. I can say that working here for myself, was not what I wanted to be doing for too long as I was faced with constant unfair treatment and shift leaders constantly on my back like I was a child. The worst feeling about working anywhere is being treated and feeling like you're a child. No one should feel like that. I will not say any names or go into any details, but working here was not for me.
Pros
Be-friending everyday people, helping people in need
Cons
No opportunity for advancedment, always being watched over by leaders as if I wasn't doing my job
great working environment
Mental Health Technician (Current Employee) –  Baton Rouge, LAJune 8, 2017
The working environment is fun and the people are nice and I love working here. moving up and kind of slow and the raises are not very much but I love working here.
Pros
great benifits
Cons
raises are not very much
Easy
Supply Tech (Current Employee) –  Baton Rouge, LAJune 6, 2017
The typical day at OLOL is coming to work and clocking in for 8-12 hours and walking around looking for items to take back to Central Supply to clean and be check for damages.
Learn and grow
Nurse Manager (Former Employee) –  EndoscopyJune 2, 2017
OLOL affords many opportunities that few other facilities can give. It is the best place to learn and grow.
You will work very hard at OLOL because it is the hub of medical care in Baton Rouge. Your hard work will be very rewarding
Overall a good company but my department is unorganized
Accounting Department (Current Employee) –  LouisianaJune 1, 2017
I working in the Accounting area and the workload is terrible at times. The company overall is great. Good benefits, work life balance and helpful coworkers that work and live the ethics set by the Christian founded company. My department though could be better with how management interacts with employees. Advancement is sketchy as management will interview internal employees and external people for the same job. Its a 50/50 chance that one will be promoted from within first. It doesnt seem to matter that internal people know more about the job. Sometimes you wont get an interview.This is my biggest issue with the department.
Pros
Work life balance, supportive coworkers
Cons
Some members of mgmnt unprofessional, incompetent; workload is mismanaged and sometimes unorganized; advancement questionable
Our Lady of Lake Regional Medical
Clinical Service Rep (Current Employee) –  Baton Rouge, LAMay 31, 2017
This hospital should pay the employees more because they deserve it. I feel like we should be treated better throughout the year. They should be better staffed and not pull they ICU nurses and hire more so they can staff they unit.
Pros
I rather not answer.
Cons
I rather not answer.
Work, Work, Work!!!
Dispatcher (Current Employee) –  Baton Rouge, LAMay 30, 2017
When I arrive at work my concentration turns into full on work. Once I am clocked in my first question to ask is what is going on and what can I do to help.
Pros
Pay, Healthcare, Hours, & Environment
Cons
Communications
Great company!
Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Baton Rouge, LAMay 23, 2017
They care about their employees and patients. I've had an unforgettable experience. I met great people along the way. I highly recommend this company to others.
Gained lots of good experience here
(PRN) Pediatric Intensive Care Unit Staff RN (Current Employee) –  Baton Rouge, LAMay 22, 2017
Made lots of good friends and changed many children's lives at this medical center; Worked the night shift where we would go from having 3 patients to 10 by the shift's end
very productive and fast paced
Clinic Access Rep 2 (Current Employee) –  Baton Rouge, LAMay 17, 2017
The office is very fast paced and productive. The office is very busy and you have to be able to concentrate and adjust to many phone calls and office personnel speaking at the same time. The patient volume is very large and request for different appointments are constant.
Pros
very fast paced helps the time flow quickly
Cons
short lunch break and very seldom get breaks in between
Great
Mental Health Technician (Former Employee) –  Baton Rouge, LAMay 16, 2017
Assist patients with treatment plans and daily activities, including group therapy, meals, family meetings, and personal wellness, as well as obtain vital signs and assess mental health of patients; trained new mental health technicians
Nurse Tech (Former Employee) –  Baton Rouge, LAMay 9, 2017
Enjoyed working at this hospital. Work was fast paced. Learned a lot. Employees there are very inviting. Managers were very approachable. Loved doing the residency! Loved seeing my patients heal, progress, and head home!
Not what I expected
Employee (Current Employee) –  Baton Rouge, LAMay 3, 2017
not what i expected.
not what i expected.
need to get rid of some upper management.
Not a good environment.
Catholic hospital but don't act like it.
It can be a fun place to work when they have community events
Driver/Unit Rep. (Current Employee) –  Baton Rouge, LAMay 3, 2017
It is a good place to work. They don't do overtime. The down side is The job I have there is no advancement. You have to wear several different hats. Your job may have you doing 3,4 or even 5 different titles.
Pros
Work with children and that makes my day knowing I am helping them.
Cons
Sometimes work is steady you don't get to have a lunch break

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Our Lady of the Lake Regional Medical Center. Our community is ready to answer.

Our Lady of the Lake Regional Medical Center Reviews by Location