Our Lady of the Lake Regional Medical Center

Our Lady of the Lake Regional Medical Center Employee Reviews in United States

Great Place to work
Certified Medical Assistant (Former Employee) –  Baton Rouge, LAJuly 10, 2016
Worked at the Family Center at O'donovan, psychiatric clinic. I loved this position. Very fast paced job but if you don't like down time this is a good thing. The staff is absolutely wonderful. The hardest part of this job is to prioritize your job responsibilities accordingly. The most enjoyable part of my job is seeing the transformed lives of people that come in broken and seeing them slowly but surely smile a little bigger the next time you see them.
Pros
Great benefits, caring work environment
Cons
Heavy work loads, many job responsibilities
I am a very hard worker eager to learn
Clinical Access Representative (Former Employee) –  Baton Rouge, LAJune 3, 2016
I am a hard worker always give 110 percent of my job, I in joy working with people.I check in and our patients, scan documents, correct and update information, verify insurance, make appointments, confirm appointment, answer phones, check and distribute mail, call all patients that no show and reschedule. fax all medical records request. make copies, check fax machine.
Pros
loved working with patients
Cons
no break except lunch
Ar
A Joke (Former Employee) –  Baton Rouge, LAApril 25, 2016
Too much nitpicking everyone there from top to security on down , even the secretary in.the security dept or very very very rude I wouldn't let my dog work there.every one there think they on top.of.the world what is.wrong with people.these days.You would.think it's a.good.place to be NOT the parking is horrible.the staff is horrible.Soon as u walk through the door you can feel a negative vibe you swear a lot of people got there jobs laying on.there backs
DONT WORK THERE HORRIBLE PLACE TO WORK
Productive workplace
Patient Account Rep I (Current Employee) –  Baton Rouge, LAMay 18, 2016
Researching and reviewing accounts to ensure correct payments from Insurance companies and patients. If there is an overpayment a refund is issued to the party that overpaid on the claim. There is a lot of work and you are required to multi-task and use your independent judgement.
Pros
Flexible and understanding
Cons
Pay could be better
Very Good Job
Radiology Technicians Assistant (Former Employee) –  Baton Rouge, LAApril 11, 2016
I truly enjoyed the job i had at OLOL i just hated the hours and days i worked it was very tiring and it compromised my family time. However i feel like if i would have worked another schedule could have made it work.
Productive work place
Certified Respiratory Therapist (Current Employee) –  Baton Rouge, LAMay 24, 2016
Can be challenging at times but a great place to learn. I have learned more in my 4 months of being there then anywhere else.
Fun workplace
Housekeeping (Former Employee) –  Baton Rouge, LAApril 15, 2016
morning would be wonderful. clients were very friendly and understanding. got along with everyone never was taken advantage of. I love the entire staff.
Nice place to work but always room for improvement
Staff RN/Charge RN (Current Employee) –  Baton Rouge, LAOctober 27, 2015
A lot is expected of you, however, the pay check does not match the amount of requirements. A lot of times I have felt underpaid and over worked. However, the atmosphere is pretty decent and most people are fairly friendly people to work with that truly believe in the essence of teamwork.
Pros
Discounted meals, giveaways, empolyer appreciation gifts
Cons
Healthcare, pay, scheduling, approachability
Educational advancements availble, supportive with positive teamwork with benefits. I loved to work here.
CNA - Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Baton Rouge, LANovember 13, 2015
I worked for this company for a couple of years and loved every minute of it especially the team I worked with and my manager was awesome. If they hired LPNs I would have been back.
great learning experience
Nurse Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Baton Rouge, LAAugust 1, 2015
It was a tough place to work because of a nursing shortage. It was also hard to keep good nurses because of the shortage and everyone being over worked. I learned a lot about patient care and was able to build my skill knowledge. I had a very supportive manager that helped some and the staff would try to work together and assist one another as much as possible.
Pros
good benefits
Cons
short breaks, nursing shortage
It was a great job for over 30 years
Staff RN/Team coordinator (Former Employee) –  Trenton, NJJuly 21, 2015
I worked in the adult ICU for over 30 years. It was a great learning experience and I also trained many new nurses to the protocols and work load. It was a challenging position in that I had to act as an advocate for the patients and their families along with being a bridge between the families and the doctors.

New management and the desire for teaching both played a part in my leaving. Nurses lost their autonomy and did not have a say in policy writing.

The most enjoyable aspect of the position was the people I worked with. Teamwork was necessary to provide the best care to the patients.
Pros
Working 3 days per week, the salary, and the benefits
Cons
Separation of management and staff. It always seemed to come down to the "bottom line" of costs
Teaching hospital
Respiratory Therapist (Current Employee) –  Baton Rouge, LAJuly 7, 2015
My typical work day, in ICU, managing ventilators, sometimes up to 7 during a shift. I perform neb treatments, obtain ABG's, insert artlines, suction patients, assist other coworkers if they need help.

The most enjoyable part of my job is working in different areas of the hospital, I enjoy getting to work with different types of patients all within the same hospital.

Working at OLOL, I have learned so much that I am confident working on my own and having time management skills to get everything needed down. I love that this is a teaching hospital where I am still learning new things everyday, and I get the opportunity to teach students and new employees.
Nice place to work, family oriented.
Telecommunications Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Lynwood, CAJuly 9, 2015
I use to began first, reading and answering my e-mails. I learned something new throughout my time there from my Director, my co-workers were team players. The hardest part of my job was, I was a operator and became Supervisor, and one of my co-workers didn't look at me as management. I enjoyed the things we would do on holidays and birthdays.
Pros
Employee recognition
Cons
n/a
does NOT deserve the reputation
Staff LPN (Former Employee) –  Baton Rouge, LAJuly 17, 2015
If you are a patient, this is a great place to be.

If you are a nurse, keep looking elsewhere. the pay is below industry standard, they will monopolize your life if you let them, and management WILL throw you under the bus in the heartbeat.
Pros
reputation you get from being a nurse here
Cons
pay is VERY low, rotating shifts, management does not have your back
Only did a rotation here
Pharmacist rotation (Former Employee) –  Baton Rouge, LAOctober 15, 2015
Did a brief rotation and I really learned pharmacology. The pharmacy staff was the most knowledgeable staff I had seen in Baton rouge,LA and provided excellent teaching to me.
Great enhancement in medical experiences abroad.
Medical Scribe (Former Employee) –  Baton Rouge, LASeptember 29, 2015
A Great learning experience for one who seeks matriculation in healthcare as well as medical terminology. A great respect for the ability of aiding patients who are in need.
Enjoyable place to work
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Baton Rouge, LASeptember 10, 2015
OLOLRMC was a very enjoyable place to work. Management and staff got along very well and provided excellent care for their patients. Community outreach was awesome and very rewarding.
Pros
Coworkers
Cons
No Challenges
Fast paced
Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Baton Rouge, LAAugust 17, 2015
OLOL is full of energy and all about serving patients. Its a place that one can meet a lot of great people. The most rewarding aspect of working for OLOL is knowing that no matter what department you work in, that your job helps impact the lives of people in need of care.
Productive and Enjoyable
CNA (Former Employee) –  Baton Rouge, LAOctober 15, 2015
I enjoyed working here at the Lake. I enjoyed helping other and taking care of the patients in the area. I have worked here for 9 years and enjoyed every bit of it.
Pros
Staff
Cons
oh this was a great job i learned so much about OB and babies love it because thats my dream to becaome a ob nurse.
Unit Secretary (Former Employee) –  Lynwood, CAJune 3, 2015
i would put in all DR. orders in data base, call for lab to draw blood, call nice for c-sections r if requested to by nurse or MD. I love working with my co-workers and my management team was great they would jump in at any given time to help.tThe job could get very busy with a lot of deliveries at one time but i handle it well with the help of co-workers.
Pros
when we were very busy nd could not get lunch brakes the MD s would order us food.
Cons
When a unit secretary would call in sick nd we re short.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Our Lady of the Lake Regional Medical Center. Our community is ready to answer.

Our Lady of the Lake Regional Medical Center Reviews by Location