Our Lady of the Lake Regional Medical Center

Our Lady of the Lake Regional Medical Center United States Employee Reviews

productive work place
Porter (Current Employee), Baton Rouge LaMarch 7, 2015
Pros: discount lunches
Cons: short breaks
Our lady of the lake is a facility that strives to make sure the patients are taken care of. The hardest part about this job is being able to deal with rude patients. You can be very nice to them, but thats not how they would act towards you. The part i enjoy is being able to get all patients fed and get home at a reasonable time. My co-workers work as a team, we always try to help each other.
My team at OLOL are family
Patient Account Representative II (Current Employee), Baton Rouge, LAJanuary 5, 2015
Pros: min supervision
Cons: healthcare insurance
A typical day at work is educating, each team member learn something new daily. I have learned that research is a important role in the billing process. My co-workers are my family away from home. We have learned so much from each other. the most enjoyable part of the job are the holidays.
FUN compensates for compensation
Physical Therapy Aide (Current Employee), Baton RougeNovember 10, 2014
Pros: free lunch often, fun environment, flexible schedule, educational
Cons: hourly pay, no benefits for prn, no overtime
OLOL is a GREAT place to work for those aspiring to be in the the medical field. As a rehab tech, I have learned more on an average day of work than I have in 4 years of college. MOST (not all) of my coworkers are pleasant and fun to work with. My manager is amazing and very flexible. We always have something going on that involves free food, my lunch break is an hour long and I make my own schedule. HOWEVER, I did have to pick up a second job bc the pay is very minimal. Despite the salary, this is a great and respected place to work.
Human Resources Intern (Current Employee), Baton Rouge, LAOctober 27, 2014
OLOL offered me a great deal of experience. I saw myself grow in so many ways. This organization helped me to figure out what exactly I wanted to do with my life & got me on the right track. I'm very grateful for the experience I've gained here as well as the relationship I've built.
Registered Nurse (Former Employee), Baton Rouge, LAOctober 26, 2014
Pros: spirit chips, breaks, team work, incentives, great management, generally pleasant staffing
Cons: minimal pay
Team players, best in evidence based practice, top technology, proper training, everyone seems to be knowledgable. This is a great place to start and continue as a nurse.
team working atmosphere
Clinical Service Representative (Current Employee), Baton Rouge, LAOctober 23, 2014
Pros: job related events and traning
Cons: not having a schedule that was centered around your lifestyle
I enjoyed working at the lake, the most enjoyable part was being able to assist with ill patients and being a helping hand to anyone who was in need of assistance.
Good Place to Work
Access Services Representative (Current Employee), Lsu Health- North Baton Rouge (airline hwy)October 15, 2014
Pros: religious organization
Cons: short staffed, always changing programs without proper training
Learned how to verify insurance and code Medicare necessity for patients requiring extensive lab work and x-ray tests.
Operations Manager (Former Employee), Baton Rouge, LAOctober 10, 2014
Always seeking opportunities for improvement. Friendly staff
great job for a beginer
Mail Clerk (Former Employee), Baton Rouge, LAOctober 6, 2014
Pros: meeting new people
Cons: short breaks
Sorted incoming mail for distribution and dispatched outgoing mail: Opened envelopes by hand or machine.
Stamped date and time of receipt on incoming mail.
Sorted mail according to destination and type, such as returned letters, adjustments, bills, orders, and payments.
Readdressed undeliverable mail bearing incomplete or incorrect address.
Examined outgoing mail.
Stamped outgoing mail by hand or with postage meter
Clinic Access Representative II (Current Employee), Baton Rouge, LASeptember 15, 2014
It's a great place to work but the pay for my position isn't that good.
fun wokplace very challenging
Pharmacy Technician (Externship) (Former Employee), Baton RougeSeptember 10, 2014
Stock and restock medications, draw up oral syringes, load and unload pyxis machine, work on Talyst machine, pay close attention to every detail in everything you do, plenty of compounding mixing medications together to make another medication that's needed,
Great company to work gained.
Staff nurse, Hematology/Oncology unit (Former Employee), Baton Rouge, LAAugust 19, 2014
Lots of advancement potential. Fexible hours. Friendly staff.
Great learning environment.
Registered Nurse (Current Employee), Baton Rouge, LAJuly 30, 2014
As a team, accomplishing patient goals, and increasing patient satisfaction.
great coworkers, not the best pay
Pediatric Hematology/Oncology Nurse (Current Employee), Baton Rouge, LAJuly 8, 2014
There is a great sense of family in this facility. Staffing and work conditions are excellent. The only real downside to this facility is the compensation for their employees.
Productive organization, great benefits, not so great pay
Rep (Former Employee), Baton Rouge, LAJuly 3, 2014
Pros: giveaways, community outreach
Cons: pay
Good company to work for, however there doesn't seem to be room for advancement, unless you know someone.
Right values
Tech (Former Employee), Baton Rouge, LAJune 7, 2014
Many employees are negative about the association as a whole and display "burn-out" qualities. This makes it difficult to be excited or maintain excitement about one's career here... but the FMOL system does have respectable values as a whole.
Clerical work
Clinical Service Representative (Current Employee), Baton Rouge, LAMay 19, 2014
A typical day at work consists of patient care relations and clerical work of all types.
Fun job, interesting co-workers.
Nursing Assistant (Former Employee), Baton Rouge, LAMay 7, 2014
Busy most of the time, team work with co-workers and management is splendid.
Amazing Job.
MLA- Medical Lab Assistant (Former Employee), Baton Rouge, LAApril 16, 2014
Pros: free food on hard days, pto and holiday pay, discount in the cafe, and discounts around town.
A typical day at work was always very hectic but full of laughs. I enjoyed working with ALL of my co workers. We always seemed to make things easier on each other. I definitely learned how to be part of a team during my time at the hospital. Everyday was a team effort, you hardly ever saw someone "laying down on the job" so to speak. We all pitched in and helped each other, whether it was our job or not. We worked with blood so the hardest part of the job was the large quantities of blood that we would get on a daily basis. We were ALWAYS busy. Even though it was busy, hectic, and hard work. I thoroughly enjoyed getting up and going to work everyday.
Enjoyed working with clients in an acute care setting
Registered Nurse Medical Surgical/Telemetry (Former Employee), Baton Rouge, LAApril 1, 2014
Pros: enoyed working with clients in an inpatient setting
Cons: worked night shift 7p-7a
Provided skilled nursing care for medical surgical/telemetry clients in an inpatient hospital. Learned many of my skills here, as it was my first job as an RN.

1 2 3